PDA

View Full Version : Patch will not load via Steam.

BabaLament
27th Aug 2016, 08:20
Attempting to get into the game via Steam, and the patch starts to load. Before any progress is made on the download bar, a pop-up appears: "Steam-Error: An error occurred while updating Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (missing content manifest) See the Steam support site for more information.

The game worked-ish (main story subway crash, but everything to that point was ok) yesterday; now I can't get in to play at all.

Is this a Steam issue, or a patch issue?

Sonnics12
27th Aug 2016, 08:42
I'm having this issue too!

"An error occured while updating Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Missing content manifest)"

Please fix! This is literally unplayabled right now.

Sonnics12
27th Aug 2016, 08:45
@Babalament

Found a fix. Go to Steam Settings, Downloads, and change your download region to Vietnam. Thats what I did. Finally downloaded. have fun

BabaLament
27th Aug 2016, 09:00
Thanks Sonnics! All I had to do was fake it out; changed to Vietnam, restarted Steam, changed back to US Region, restarted steam & fired up right away to downloaded the patch. This is a weird issue.

Also, just noticed I was in the EU forums. Weird, this is where Steam linked me. *shrug* Whatever works.

GlueFactoryBJJ
27th Aug 2016, 17:17
@Babalament

Found a fix. Go to Steam Settings, Downloads, and change your download region to Vietnam. Thats what I did. Finally downloaded. have fun

This seems to be working for me also! I changed the download location to "Vietnam" and it actually appears to be download without the "timeout" error I was getting from multiple US sites. Go figure.

I hope they fix their server problems soon as I would like to get patches, but not if getting the patches means I can't actually play the game. At the least, Square-Enix should set up a link to the install and/or patch files separate from the Steam installer so we can just download them and then install (from their servers only, of course).

CryosV
28th Aug 2016, 20:07
Switching to Canada server also works. But, this just irks the hell out of me because I didn't find this out until after I had deleted the local files to try and reinstall the game. When paying $60+ dollars for a game, I expect it to work from day one. This is one of the few games I've pre-purchased in a few years. I think I will go back to waiting 4-6 months for the *New* games to go on sale and for the developers to work out all the bugs. If gaming companies can't put out a working product, I not going to bother put out good money for their games.

nokhor
29th Aug 2016, 01:59
I have the same issue. Game worked fine out the box and with Patch 1. Patch 2 automatically downloaded through Steam and game would no longer run.