PDA

View Full Version : Raziel needs not to become an Ancient

Farfaniccio
9th Jul 2002, 04:01
I think that if the heart of darkness were to have some effect on Raziel and restore him, it would be better if he returned with wings like he had before being cast away. The cool bat looking ones, not the gay bird looking ones...

But, what if it already had it's effect. When raziel kills Janos he touches the heart, this could be the reason that he grew wings before Kain, then was cast down.

You know, if Doc Brown and Marty were involved with this, it would have been solved already, no time paradoxes and such, they just make things ok.

Umah Bloodomen
9th Jul 2002, 04:21
Hmmm....**obligatory Yoda impersonation*** Difficult to understand this one is...

Originally Posted by Farfaniccio

I think that if the heart of darkness were to have some effect on Raziel and restore him, it would be better if he returned with wings like he had before being cast away. The cool bat looking ones, not the gay bird looking ones...

If the heart of darkness has an affect on Raziel, he would have to return with feathered wings. The heart is of the ancients, the ancients didn't have bat wings, they had feathered wings. I do fancy Lieutennant Raziel with the fleshy wings, however as I said, if he goes back to his "ancient" origins, I don't forsee him keeping them.

BTW - was your choice of that adjective really necessary?

Originally Posted by Farfaniccio

But, what if it already had it's effect. When raziel kills Janos he touches the heart, this could be the reason that he grew wings before Kain, then was cast down.

I doubt this. Kain had contact with the Heart of Darkness in BO1 and didn't end up growing wings at all. If the heart had its affect on Raziel, then obviously that would hold true to anyone who touched it. Kain is not a pureblood vampire, ressurected, neither is Raziel. I will stand behind my other theory on Raziel being the original power of the blade, not an ancient, who was merely taken from its resting place (the reaver) and housed in something else in order to keep it safe and secret. (Sarafan Raziel). The power is merely finding its way back home.

(I'll look that thread up for you and post a link so you can check it out).

Darakari
9th Jul 2002, 07:52
There is something that I don't remember anyone else ever discussing.

On this forum, I have heard continally endless debate about whether or not Pre-Fallen Vampire Raziel was turning into an Ancient (feather-winged and blue-skinned like Janos). And different murals within the games definitely show a very Raziel-looking figure with feathered wings.

I have also heard within this forum continually endless debate about the origins of the Hylden, why they don't look like the bat-winged creatures in the SR2 murals, and about the Seer who looks like a bat-winged creature from the murals with some BO2 Hylden features and also some vampiric features.

One thing I have never heard debated is why Vampire Raziel had bat wings like the Seer and also like the bat-winged creatures (that we assume are pre-fallen Hylden).

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT RAZIEL'S EVOLUTION WAS TURNING HIM INTO A BAT-WINGED CREATURE LIKE IN THE MURALS OR LIKE THE SEER'S RACE ???

Your thoughts please...

darien_specter
11th Jul 2002, 01:34
Now that is an interesting thought... I would suspect that, as Raziel continued to evolve, the wings would have become feathered. Or perhaps the feathers had not grown yet; they were, after all, newly-fledged when Raziel presented them to Kain, and when many birds hatch, they have nought for feathers at that point. Perhaps he just hadn't had a chance to grow them yet...