PDA

View Full Version : Game will not start or install Because of error. "(missing content manifest)"

RCJ1914
26th Aug 2016, 20:01
Every time I try to start the game an error comes up saying its missing content. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and when I tried to reinstall, it says the same thing. is somebody else have this problem? if so what did you do to fix it?

garnerlogan65
27th Aug 2016, 00:42
The game is trying to install an update and fails. Switching region works. I switched mine to Vietnam. Go to Steam Settings -> Downloads -> Download region.

DaedalusIcarusHelios
27th Aug 2016, 05:10
I had this same issue. I uninstalled some other apps, deleted local content, uninstalled/reinstalled Steam and no change. I was set for US - Detroit. I changed to US - Chicago and it didn't work. I did then try Vietnam, and now it's showing "Allocating disk space for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided", which it didn't get to before. I also had tried reinstalling Sky Rim earlier, before making the download region change and that was working. So for some reason, it seems Steam's CDN in some regions has corrupted updates on them (or something).

puglous
27th Aug 2016, 21:33
The game is trying to install an update and fails. Switching region works. I switched mine to Vietnam. Go to Steam Settings -> Downloads -> Download region.

This seems to have worked for me. At least its downloading now. Thanks!