PDA

View Full Version : End of game Bug!

jknight5422
9th Jul 2002, 02:35
Hi All,

I'm at the end of the game. There is a room right before the room that contains the lasers filled with stairs. I go up to one room where there is a pole holding the ceiling up. It caves in. I then send Carter up to the top of it. He floats to one corner & then I can't get him to move!!!

I then sent Andre to try & force him to follow back. Didn't work. Instead Andre floated up & got stuck in that corner as well. Saved the game & then tried with Amber. She also got stuck. They're trapped there!

If I get the patch will this fix the problem & not destroy my save game files? I'm right at the end & I don't want to start over.

One problem is that I spent 3 hours playing the game without saving & then they got stuck. So I'll have to start with a previous save & go through all the bulk of the last level again, if there isn't a work around :( Albeit an easier task to go through it the second time around..

If you want the save, I can send it to you.

Thanks,
JM

ICEBreaker
9th Jul 2002, 03:47
Yes I have experienced that bug before as well. Patching won't help, but you can still try, just in case it works. Patching the game won't ruin your save games. I am afraid your only option is to play again from the last save point. Sorry. The only consolation is that this time round, you know what to do and so won't spend 3 hours on it. You should get up to the same point in about 45 mins.

gizban
9th Jul 2002, 20:08
Spolier Warning:

To save time when replaying the last level, instead of going through the trouble of hacking that turret at the beginning, as soon as you start the level look up and shoot the beam with any other the characters. I've tried it before so I know it works.

MAGGIE
9th Jul 2002, 21:02
Hi jknight5422, welcome to the forum. :)

As Ice has already replied to your question, I guess there is no more to say..only you should try the patch, you never know..:D

jknight5422
10th Jul 2002, 05:24
Hi All,

Thanks for the fast replies from everyone. Since I was at the end of the game, I wasn't sure the patch would be necessary, so I just started over on the last save. It took about 2 hours to get to the same spot, followed by another 30 minutes to complete the finale, etc. It took so long because I had to stop & refill on energy cells, I got used to have some 25 at a time & didn't want to be low on them later. :rolleyes:

The game was a blast. I got it last christmas & have been playing it off & on since then. I had to stop back in April as I had a new PC I had to put together & then rebuild everything from backup on it. I picked it up a few months ago & stuck to playing it a few hours each saturday. Until now that is, since I wanted to finally complete it!

I hope they'll make some more games based on the Project Eden universe in the future. It was very entertaining.

Thanks again,
John McKnight

mrdefender
19th Jul 2002, 04:48
I found the patch necessary since it gave some odd problems.

I was told on some other forum that you could simply load your quicksave to remove the issue where you start a level with blackness. (like if you were in "noclip" mode outside the map boundries). It didnt work so the patch fixed it.

I always download and install patches. Its less of a hassle since all (i think) games require you to have the latest patch to play with/against someone online.