PDA

View Full Version : Varyx Obelisk on Pro (hard)

Speedy[143]
9th Jul 2002, 02:24
Just getting started but I seem to be stuck... I have the sub basement key but it doesn't work on the only door I haven't been able to open.. it's the unmarked door on the right in the second room after you enter from the garden... just to clarify... there is one other unopened door but it's marked "Ward Of Air" so I know that's not the sub basement...

Anyway... I've entered the Lothronien Junction but I need a talisman (AIR???) to access the transporter in Eldevir... yes I entered the secret room and got the sword/pulled the lever (I can hear a gate going up somewhere... haven't been there yet though)... just can't find the sub basement door I guess... unless I'm standing in front of it now but the key won't work:(

Please help THANKS!!!!!!

XXXOOO
Speedy

Nightwalker
9th Jul 2002, 13:27
You're on one that I really don't remember very well, I'm afraid. Since no one else is answering, I've checked the walkthrough. It sounds like you also need the Basement key. Do you have that yet? If you have, and the room with the lever you're talking about is down there, then go outside of the room with the lever and look up for an overhead ledge. Is that the right spot?

xarax
9th Jul 2002, 13:43
You are not yet in the Lothronien Junction. You've entered the teleportation room that will teleport you to the Lothronien Junction. You need the Keeper Key to activate the portal gate. You need the "Ward of Air Key" to open the "Ward of Air" room. You need the "Air Talisman" to activate the "Ward of Air" to complete the first puzzle. Those 3 quest items are in the subbasement guarded by Queen Arachnia and her minions. There will be 3 more quests, each requiring a triplet of items (ward key, talisman, portal key).

You've pulled the lever in the side room that enables the door to the teleportation room. There is another door near that side room that leads far down to the basement. In that basement room, there is a floor lever that you pull and hear a gate opening somewhere. Exit that basement room and look up. You have to mantle up to the gate and proceed to the elevator that will take you to down the subbasement.

This mission is very 3-dimensional and non-linear. You have to look up, down, and all around. Crouching and crawling is required in a few places. Listen to Garrett say "Hmmm" when he is near something that is not what it appears to be.

Quest items and power-ups are randomly placed at the start of the mission for added replay value. Puzzles are different depending on difficulty (also for added replay value).

Come back here if you need more help.

Enjoy!

xarax
9th Jul 2002, 13:45
Don't forget to play this short sequel to "The Varyx Obelisk" after you finish Varyx.

Nightwalker
9th Jul 2002, 14:33
There you go, Speedy! The master himself showed up to point you in the right direction. Enjoy the mission! It's fun, I've just never mastered the ins and outs of it well enough to memorize them. :)

Speedy[143]
9th Jul 2002, 17:39
hehehe I bet NW is LHAO as I cover my ears and say lalalalalalalalala... oh wait I mean eyes heh;)

Thanks xarax I'm more than just a little honored to have the author himself take me by the hand.. and I did miss that area above my head to the sub basement.. I will check it out ASAP and be on my way... hopefully I won't get stuck again but if I do....

in my best Schwartzanegger voice... "I'LL BE BACK!!!!!"

I've already played Heart & Soul... c00l mission btw... I'm sorta the backassward taffer around here... I played T2 & all the FMs first then TG and all those FMs now I'm tackling all the T1 FMs and enjoying the heck out of it.... YOU do excellent work xarax:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

Peter_Smith
10th Jul 2002, 01:32
I'll second that.

Are you working on any more, Xarax? :)

xarax
10th Jul 2002, 14:50
Originally posted by Peter Smith
I'll second that.

Are you working on any more, Xarax? :)

yes.

Speedy[143]
11th Jul 2002, 16:51
2hrs. 58mins. 28secs., 2152/2152 loot.... love those long complicated missions.. I was able to BJ some of the sentinels but not all... definetly a "sneaker" mission like xarax says in his discription and FYI since some of the objectives move around... I found the Black Blade under the window up inside the tower:D

Thanks xarax... excellent mission... can't wait to play the one you're working on now.... got any hints or screenies to tease us with?????;)

XXXOOO
Speedy

xarax
11th Jul 2002, 21:20
Try Varyx on all 3 difficulties. The gameplay is substantively different.

I am working on the prequel "Trials of the Master Keeper". Running into the usual DromEd crashes, bugs, etc. So don't hold your breath. It may be a while.