PDA

View Full Version : PRAXIS & SKILL POINTS - General Discussion & Q&As

deadsilent
25th Aug 2016, 22:16
I am literally 10 minutes into the game, I bought a 10X praxis kit ($6.99+tax) and a 15000 credit kit ($9.99+tax). I moved them into my inventory, then tried to apply a few praxis points but it wouldn't let me. I reloaded the previous checkpoint, and everything I bought is now gone. I just tweeted this to @DeusEx but they said to come here. I'm on an XBOX 1 GT blackknife

NightwingRJG
26th Aug 2016, 00:18
Pretty sure they were one time use. Several minutes into my game after picking up my 2 piraxis points some cash and weapons which were I believe day one stuff my Augs wouldn't activate started new game and saw they are no longer available. Looked online and read they it was recently announced they were a one time use. I have a feeling same thing as yours which sucks but not much that can be done. Game is truly amazing though they did a phenomenal job with it just wish stuff in storage was not a 1 time thing

deadsilent
26th Aug 2016, 01:33
I know they're one time use, but I never used/applied them, all I did was put them in my inventory. I tried to use a few praxis points, but it wouldn't let me which lead me to believe it was too early in the game. If I used some or any I'd feel better about it, but I bought and paid for them and was never able to use anything I bought. I mean I hope it's not, you buy something you can't use, and if you decide you have to leave or the game crashes you're SOL? Good game or not, I'm not down with that. Thinking about it, it sounds to me like you lost out as well. "One time USE" means you use them one time, you didn't get to use them, and I didn't either. There's definitely something wrong with that. Putting something in your inventory does not mean they were used in my book. I can only hope that it's not how the game was designed.

Trexdrew
26th Aug 2016, 04:58
I never even got them in my inventory for what I bought which I'm pissed about and I'm playing on X1 as well this seems to be becoming a common issue

Millertime996
26th Aug 2016, 06:30
Same hear all i did was load last. Game. I started a new character and you don't even get your dlc items again you get the guns and ammo. No praxis credits or material. Wtf I'm writing Xbox live

Kaldiwen
27th Aug 2016, 00:56
I know they're one time use, but I never used/applied them, all I did was put them in my inventory. I tried to use a few praxis points, but it wouldn't let me which lead me to believe it was too early in the game. If I used some or any I'd feel better about it, but I bought and paid for them and was never able to use anything I bought. I mean I hope it's not, you buy something you can't use, and if you decide you have to leave or the game crashes you're SOL? Good game or not, I'm not down with that. Thinking about it, it sounds to me like you lost out as well. "One time USE" means you use them one time, you didn't get to use them, and I didn't either. There's definitely something wrong with that. Putting something in your inventory does not mean they were used in my book. I can only hope that it's not how the game was designed.

Since you pulled them out of the Storage Box and into your inventory, that's considered using them. Then you Reloaded your save file, which I'm guessing was a save from BEFORE you moved them into your Inventory. Which means you lost them. You "Used" them to put them in the inventory, then loaded to a spot before you used them. It's possibly the dumbest thing ever, I know. 1 time use DLC for a Single player ONLY game that people will possibly replay multiple times....

Edit:

For those of you who don't "Understand", this game is not an MMO. Your character and/or saved games are not saved to a server. You can not pick up a gun, then reload to a previous point and still have said gun in your inventory right? Well that explains it. It's a stupid system, and Square Enix should change it, but they won't. There are too many dumb people that will "Pay to Win" in a single player game just because they feel like it. To each their own, but buying praxxis packs and credits is no different that using Cheats in other Single player games...

Gbhinks
27th Aug 2016, 02:34
I bought the Praxis Kits x10 from the store and transferred them to my inventory. I then customized some guns and messed up and reloaded. I didn't apply the Praxis kits x10 but now they're gone. How do I get a refund or get the kits back?

jonbo298
27th Aug 2016, 02:55
I'm in a similar but different boat (digital deluxe bonuses that I claimed were lost due to save file corrupted and had to start over). I filed a support request asking to be given the item(s) back. Heck, even my stats show I claimed them but didn't use them. Hoping they come through with it.

MrCleanerCH
27th Aug 2016, 12:04
Just your own fault. Deal with it. You wrote by yourself i forgot or like the other gu " i missed". Its just **** happens.

Like you come out of the store and the eggs just fall down you bought. Sure you can go to the store and ask for refound in case of there were many people and it was messy etc.

You would not do it in rl for some bugs.

But here its fine i guess. Get real pls

Kygrix
27th Aug 2016, 17:20
I have the same issues with inventory except I had two separate auto saves occur and DID NOT capture the addition of praxis kits money spare parts and ammo/grenades loaded into my inventory, only 5 mins in and a game crash from simply trying to open the aug screen makes me lose what I paid good money for and the auto save feature did jack **** for its job

khanjohn
27th Aug 2016, 21:20
I have played every version since the inception of Deus Ex. I play on PS4, i bought 10 praxis and 15k credit. Never got them though PS store confirmed purchase and gave me a confirmation number. After 2 hours of resetting stuff etc by Sony tech orders still didn't receive they gave me a 1 time refund and put back into my wallet. I also did not receive anything from registering my game with the cold and it shows all the packs, (ie tactical etc) downloaded but nothing and season pass gave me nothing. What is up with all of this? The season pass stuff and the code for registering shows everything downloaded bu its not in game. I wanted to jump start Jensen but that appears out. Anyone else having this problem? i could have used the rifles, grenades etc.

BeoXS19
27th Aug 2016, 22:02
Me too. I bought the 5 praxis kit for $3.99 (which means it really cost me $5) and have been waiting - patiently waiting - to receive them. The money was taken no praxis kits received. I was only doing it out of curiosity....

SkyAtreides
28th Aug 2016, 07:22
I'm having a similar issue. I'm both glad, and sad I'm not alone. This is not the way to do business.

sebarkh
28th Aug 2016, 12:02
I'll be short as hell:
where are my Praxis earned from Deus Ex Go app?
They aren't even added in Stats on my profile.
Not in Storage too.
So where?

Ashleyc
28th Aug 2016, 12:03
You need to open your inventory in-game and press the button to accesss the storage. On XB1 it's the left trigger, so on PS4 I assume it'll be L2. All your downloaded content, pre-order bonus etc. will be there.

BarryLegg
28th Aug 2016, 13:12
Obviously you're entitled to do whatever you want with your money, but paying for praxis kits and other skill points in a 1 player game pretty much defeats the object of it being a game at all. These things used to come embedded secretly in games and they were called 'cheats.' Now developers have essentially decided they're going to give access to cheats only to those who hand over extra money, which is pretty sad.

And worse than that - the more that people are willing to hand over real money instead of playing for skill points / upgrades / cheats - the more that games companies will try to squeeze yet more and more out of the customer, at the expense of the joy of the game.

Like I said; no hate, no judgement to you. I just think the situation is a little sad.

MrCleanerCH
28th Aug 2016, 13:32
wow thats so sad. the game dont force you to invest money in it. im just about to get to talk to rucker the first time. ive 90k credits and allmost all my augs i'm looking for. and there is so much to come.
havent bought anything.

why are you all cry so hard. in allmost every game by now you can buy skins or items special goodies or some extra ****.
sure i dont like the microtransactions but i can see the point developers have sometimes to bring contet for payment.

in every aspect of our economy you'll have to pay for anything. even air some day we'll have to pay. ist just nor real to believe that the gaming industry ist full of nice people who are seeing only goal of making good video games. get real.

its about money. so why dont you ride the train or leave it if you dont like.

just because there is the internet were you can write your oppinion. doesnt mean everybody wants to hear your oppinion.
i've seen so many threads about "seriously .. " and then complaining. steam has become to a plattform for flamekiddis the good post complety get lost along this bullcrap people write.

i cant understand all that drama its a great game. and i and i think many people are still enjoying it who didnt rushed through the story.

and yes if you have 17h played and your done. you have rushed. and there is no but and see. only the text, dialogues, hidden stashes ect. ect. take more then 12h. then the sorty.

nevermind people with 20h have rushed trough it. blame me on that words i dont care.

MrCleanerCH
28th Aug 2016, 13:41
im just about to speak with rucker the first time and ive got like 90k credits.
i'll see it coming that i cant spend them all in decent things.

have you others got the same issue. much money but no praxis to buy for example like in the previous deus ex?.

i would buy some skins for my weapons or a fancy new coat for jensen. for ingame credits i mean not for real money^^
(for example i like playing as the man with the golden gun (day one pack).

the game needs a better money-drain system i think.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4461/sxuedvfy_jpg.htm

Zeaffer
29th Aug 2016, 00:10
I used a few praxis to upgrade an aug, but got killed. Loaded last save point, and the augs where no longer upgraded and praxis were gone too. Not sure why, but it does suck...

ShdwCypher
29th Aug 2016, 01:44
I think there's probably an element of how you're playing the game too.
I've just completed the game, looted pretty much every container, etc, but never picked up/sold guns or ammo. I collected about 30k total for the entire game

Bisonh4x
5th Sep 2016, 10:01
I was only able to buy a total of 3 Praxis Kits (all from the merchant in your apartment complex in Prague). Normally, he only sells 2 but I think later on in the game he gets one additional kit to sell, unless it was a bug.

Edit: It's quite easy to mass up a huge amount of credits if you're willing to do a lot of time sink/legwork in running back and forth to sell weapons to the merchants. It's not necessary to do so though, you can probably get by in the game with just 40-60k credits in total (incase you want to buy some consumables or something, 10k * 3 for the Praxis Kits that I bought).

MrRomanticGameGuy
5th Sep 2016, 12:55
You only Need the Augmentations from Human Revolution. The New Augmentations are useless. Only the Longrange Hack is awesome.

CaspianC
6th Sep 2016, 03:07
I will never buy a square enix game again...these micro transactions are a scam. surely the programmers did this on purpose. they claim it is for game balance so that you loose them if you move them(even if you revert back to a previous save)..but only an idiot would believe that.. it is really so they can cash in on their loyal fans.....myself now being a ex-loyal... so sad they went in this direction!!!!!!!!! It is also funny seeing how many people reply on the side of the company on this subject...they probably didn't spend a dime on any micro transactions. Taking my game and trading it into gamestop tomorrow...I didn't even want to finish the first level......Mandkind divided was the right name for this title....fans included. Thanks square for teaching me never to buy your products again....I already spent way too much money on you....and for nothing. I will tell all my friends not to buy this game...not worth it to buy from a company with greed and deception as their top virtures

Trigem7
26th Oct 2016, 17:43
I purchased 7 praxis, got them out of storage, they show I have them but can't up grade Augs????

14th Jan 2017, 07:39
I bought 2 sets of the praxis of 10 pieces, but in the game I don't see them. Why?