PDA

View Full Version : Deceiving, lying, DLC, bugged game. Last game I'll buy

mneidoni
24th Aug 2016, 14:00
So you falsely advertised the pre-ordered content for day one:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/268348980141626277/B282371984ED69D2EEBFD1F40BC283F776C430A6/

Then you remembered you "forgot" to mention that the consumables are one-time use (although you haven't mentioned it on the box or in the ads). That's blatant lying.

This is, I swear, the LAST game I'll buy from you.

Thanks, Square Enix!

Also, rated this as 1 on metacritic. I'll refund.

Bansai
24th Aug 2016, 14:05
Screw the fact that the game is amazing, I'm gonna throw a tantrum because crappy day 1 dlc is one time use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-G1sY_XWu0

qctireuralex
24th Aug 2016, 19:12
yep i hate how childish people can be for stupid reasons. like Battlefield 4 when they released the micro transaction nobody gave a ****. and to this day. no one cares.

mneidoni
24th Aug 2016, 21:52
So Battlefield 4 is a single player game? Is Battlefield 4 including a DLC which gives you a CONSUMABLE GRENADE FOR ONLY ONE SAVE? Thought so too. Retard.

reallybigjohnson
25th Aug 2016, 02:50
They essentially tricked you into buying a microtransaction. I was fine with how they did in the the last game where you could use the extra praxis kits and money on each new game.....now its one and done. But thankfully they have that convenient menu next to you where you can buy praxis at only $.99.

This is really ****ty and I am positive that Ubisoft forced this on Eidos Montreal so I don't blame them. Ubisoft can suck it though.

FatOprah
25th Aug 2016, 03:39
DECEPTIVE MARKETING AT THE VERY LEAST. I WILL NOT BUY ANYMORE OF YOUR GAMES. I AM ALREADY PLACING COMPLAINTS TO MICROSOFT AND RATING YOUR GAME A ONE STAR ON SEVERAL SITES, A RATING YOU DERSERVE AND HAVE EARNED THROUGH YOUR DECEPTIVE AND UNSAVORY PRACTICES.

DONE AND DONE.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/268348980141626277/B282371984ED69D2EEBFD1F40BC283F776C430A6/

Then you remembered you "forgot" to mention that the consumables are one-time use (although you haven't mentioned it on the box or in the ads). That's blatant lying.

Thanks, Square Enix!

Peerless_Girl
25th Aug 2016, 03:49
Let me add my voice to the displeasure of this. Honestly, I don't care that they're one-use items, or whatever, what I care about is the fact that was NOT conveyed to me before I purchased (a few weeks ago). I'm lucky that I got the deluxe edition on sale via GMG, or I might feel a bit more "stung" than I do, for those who payed $80+ I feel bad. Had this been communicated before-hand I might've chosen to just buy the regular edition. I'm sure I will enjoy the game, and it will be fun, but this really shouldn't be allowed to stand, and it SHOULD be changed to be permanent for anyone who pre-ordered, should be clearly conveyed in any materials going forward to anyone who purchases AFTER the date of this info being revealed. If that DOES NOT happen, I will SERIOUSLY re-consider any future purchases from either EM or Squeenix, as I hold both equally responsible in this mis-information. This is a single-player game, I expect to use what I paid for any time i wish (see DXHR). First that ill-fated original preorder campaign (which I didn't participate in at the time) and now this. I waited on my preorder just to see if that got reversed (and it did, because it was ridiculous). If this doesn't go the same way...you're on notice.

Thank you,

Hopefully I'll enjoy the rest of the game

rikor420
25th Aug 2016, 07:27

Thanks, Square Enix!

You got to be kidding me @mneidoni!! that is why we have forums for you express your ideas and faults, the game was just released and you already trolling about it. You have to give it time for the developers to fix issues with the game, I have already played some of it and the game is really good game, You need to understand that every game in this world isn't perfect and we all know it, maybe certain things in the develop about certain things in the game was overwelming and decided it wouldn't work right or over powering for the gamers, they might decided to change the way things feel, like using items for one time use. Maybe you should get your refund so we don't want to hear you keep complaining about a game that is out of this world and allow others enjoy the game.

rikor

longgay
25th Aug 2016, 09:35
I don't get the big deal with the Praxis part of it since all the game reviewers have said you end up with plenty by the end of the game. And they carry to new game +

Peerless_Girl
25th Aug 2016, 11:12
At least for me, the issue is not the items themselves (though I think a "store" with "consumables" for a single-player game is patently ridiculous, I don't have to (and won't) participate in it--and it makes me afraid they might actually make a ton of money this way, then decide it's "a thing to do" from now on, but I digress)...my own personal issue is more about the false advertising, and not conveying this information to pre-orderers, and that's more than likely what they'll end up in trouble over (especially in the EU).

JCRaiden
25th Aug 2016, 14:15

Thanks, Square

Before I say this let me just say that I realize this is a forum and everyone is entitled... To their own opinion I mean.

But you sir, you are handling this in the wrong way to make a change. Your immature complaining only casts you as a child who is upset. While I don't condone SE's sales tactics at all, you have turned more people against you than with you. Your lack of planned approach clearly demonstrates you chose no social augs.

Make changes with your wallet, and don't further indulge ANY pre order practices from ANY company. Read what you write before you post so you can help make yourself sound less like a sniveling child.

Last, why are people so upset about this anyway? The game is insanely easy on the highest difficulty settings. Boo-hoo about single use, but you DO get to use them. I elected not to because I won't be interested in playing if it gets any easier.

sn0wd3n
25th Aug 2016, 23:28
Well my game crashed for the second time yesterday (PS4). I mentioned this on another thread as well.

Eidos Montreal, if you are reading this, patch this asap. This is unacceptable. You can't even finish the game now.

Kaldiwen
27th Aug 2016, 01:18
You got to be kidding me @mneidoni!! that is why we have forums for you express your ideas and faults, the game was just released and you already trolling about it. You have to give it time for the developers to fix issues with the game, I have already played some of it and the game is really good game, You need to understand that every game in this world isn't perfect and we all know it, maybe certain things in the develop about certain things in the game was overwelming and decided it wouldn't work right or over powering for the gamers, they might decided to change the way things feel, like using items for one time use. Maybe you should get your refund so we don't want to hear you keep complaining about a game that is out of this world and allow others enjoy the game.

rikor

Are you really calling him a troll for *****ing about one time use items? First off, you're being a troll by coming on here and complaining about someone complaining. Second, Please learn how to use the English language before you type an entire paragraph of nonsense with never-ending sentences.
And Third.......The micro transactions really do suck, I agree. They made it so people could Pay to Win in a damn Single player game. Honestly, If you're dumb enough to give them money just so you can get through the game easier, jokes on you, there's an option called "Game Difficulty". If you lower it, you can mindlessly run through the entire game. That's all you're really doing when you buy Praxxis. They should change the "Store" button To "Cheats for Cash".

A-Sittingduck
27th Aug 2016, 22:18
OK so it's a little low not mentioning that the items are one time use, and if that's your only worry in life, lucky you. Big deal is it affecting the playability? no are there micro transactions to buy the praxis kits ? Yes, do they force you to buy them? some people have need to get a life

SkyAtreides
28th Aug 2016, 06:53
I had no idea these were stored PER SAVE. I pulled my 13 Praxis from "storage" and then had to reload an earlier save. All gone! I want a refund of my purchased Praxis.

SquareWastesMyTime
29th Aug 2016, 04:12
A 1 on Metacritic?

Somebody get OP the Yelper special.

TinyPenguininja
29th Aug 2016, 06:45
Every time I pulled something out of storage it told me "This will only be available on this save if you remove it from your inventory"
If you skipped that without reading it, that's your fault IMO

TinyPenguininja
29th Aug 2016, 06:46
I just pulled everything out at the very beginning and saved, then I can just start future playthroughs from that spot and have everything

Ieldra2
29th Aug 2016, 11:53
The effect in the game is minor, and because of the type of game this is, the one-time limitation can be circumvented with ease (see the post above this one) - but if this is really a case of false advertising (I don't know what exactly the advertisement said), people are justified in making a big hubbub about it.

For myself, I will continue to buy games I expect to be enjoyable - as this one is in spite of a few flaws, particularly in storytelling - but this may influence my pre-order behaviour.

As for the microtransactions: buying is strictly optional, and not at all required for completing the game. So in spite of being basically a pay-to-cheat system, it's not a problem as such. I'm afraid for the future though: there is the temptation to make more profit from microtransactions by making the base game more difficult. You just know *someone* will try it. I just hope no game I might like will be affected.

Xerevantes
29th Aug 2016, 15:42
Actually, I started New Game + and it did allow me to re-use those 'one time-only' consumables. I assume it means NG and NG+ seperately. So if you picked New Game again, instead of +, it wouldn't allow you to re-use those consumables.

I don't see the big problem out of it anyway, they added this stuff for the sake of adding it. It wasn't even announced in the Pre-order versions of the game that this was DLC. You can literally craft the same stuff, the only thing that's worth it is the SINGLE Praxis Kit which doesn't help you much anyway.

Microtransactions are optional, nobody is forcing you to pay for them. Those same items can be purchased literally immediately in-game anyway or crafted (crafting barely takes anything either). When it comes to purchasing praxis kits with $$$, you're just ruining the progress-experience if you plan on unlocking literally everything from the start. (I felt weird having all the standard augmentations during the Dubai intro mission, too overwhelming to get back into).

The game is perfectly balanced out and end-game can make you overpowered anyway, so there's literally no need to purchase anything from the store with $$$'.

The only 'false advertising' they showed is revealing this 'Ivan Berk/Yellow hood guy' during the trailers, giving him nearly the same amount of screen time as Adam, yet he is only shown in the game once for 1.5 seconds as he walks past you during the Prague train station scene and mentioned in the Adam Jensen' side story, once.

They show him being beaten up in Golem City, yet that same scene/moment does occur, but that character is just replaced by some random NPC and judging from the email and dialogue, it seems like he killed himself in order to blow up the train station.

HarshPaladin117
30th Aug 2016, 20:22
This is more of a question than a response but I bought the day one edition and have used the code for all the DLC stuff, however when I try to play the Jensen's stories mission it doesn't work and I believe I am supposed to receive some in game outfits or something along those lines which I never got

Can anyone explain why this has happened and if you can, how to rectify the problem because I feel cheated!?