PDA

View Full Version : DX universe app problem

The_Contact
24th Aug 2016, 02:41
For some reason I cannot log in to the app to take pictures of the triangles in the game it keeps giving me a connection error and asks me to try again later. Has anyone else had these problems?

TunaFreeDolfin
24th Aug 2016, 03:12
i can login to the forum/website, but can't login to the scanner portion of the app. When I try to access to the phone app to scan triangles it won't let me sign in neither. Are there others with this issue?

The_Contact
24th Aug 2016, 05:24
Yeah I have a galaxy tab and galaxy 6 so......

Gzhegozgh
24th Aug 2016, 08:18
HTC's desire cam cannot scan the first triangle, which i foun in game.

aieeeee
24th Aug 2016, 09:32
The app is garbage. I can't get it to scan anything. It just constantly says "make sure you have sufficient lighting and the triangle is in the centre of the screen blah blah".

Of course I have sufficient lighting. Of course the triangle is correctly centred. Wtf. Xperia Z5 here so it's not like it's my phone that's garbage...

Asmodar0815
24th Aug 2016, 09:45
i can login to the forum/website, but can't login to the scanner portion of the app. When I try to access to the phone app to scan triangles it won't let me sign in neither. Are there others with this issue?

Same Problem here.

Boyke_68
24th Aug 2016, 10:48
Yep, Same Problem here to!:(

SignoVir
24th Aug 2016, 12:22
Same problem. Even went through the password reset process.

CT_Crux
24th Aug 2016, 16:39
Same here. Try to log in to the DX Universe app and only get "connection error, please try again later" for 2 days now.

Help plx!

FlynnSE
24th Aug 2016, 17:58
I managed to log in and scan a triangle, but the embedded youtube video player is complete garbage. It tries to play the video and has trouble decoding the video stream and playing it on my smartphone. It was dropping frames and the audio was skipping and the longer I watched the bigger the audio synch gap was. I have an LGv10, not the fastest animal around, more like a gazelle.
Who the heck did Square Enix get to design this POG? If it was them, them they have a lot to learn about app programming. If not, then they need better QA for third party developed products.

The_Contact
25th Aug 2016, 01:34
Still gives me a connection error when trying to log in on both phone and tab.

The_Contact
25th Aug 2016, 02:59
Got it fixed. So I was talking to a friend of mine and he told me that he signed in using his facebook. So I linked my facebook account to my square enix account and tried to log in to the scanner in the app and no luck. So I went on my pc and changed my password for my square enix account and tried the app again and it worked. So the deus ex universe app might not like certain password combinations. Good luck with yours.

Ranneko
25th Aug 2016, 12:56
The app continues to be broken for me on both iOS and Android. I suspect that in my case it is because the email contains a +, which is often not supported correctly.
If I try to register a new account via the app and enter an email address with a + for example jimmy+test@gmail.com it also generates a connection lost error.
The address of course works correctly on square-enix.com, but we cannot change the email address associated with our account.

On another note it is really annoying that when the connection error occurs both the email address and password field are blanked, this makes retries even more tedious than they otherwise would be because I have to type a long email address and password repeatedly with a phone keyboard.

Blutherra
25th Aug 2016, 13:47
So the deus ex universe app might not like certain password combinations. Good luck with yours.

Seems you are just lucky, because i thought of a problem with the password format earlier and tried an extremely simple alphanumeric password without any special chars and its still not working. :/

PumpkinPoo
25th Aug 2016, 21:58
I was having the same problem with the "connection error, try again later" message. I changed my password to something without a special character, went back into the app, and it worked immediately with the new password. I have an underscore in my email and was concerned that would be the problem but didn't seem to matter. Thanks The_Contact for the suggestion!

Blutherra, sorry changing passwords didn't work for you...wish I knew how to help.

daish0
26th Aug 2016, 05:49
Sorry, this App is absolute garbage.
I have a login username (email) with 31 characters (well, its just the firstname.lastname@gmail.com) and I had a 8 character long password in my square enix account with upper and lower case letters, digits as well as special characters.

I reset my password to only have lower and upper case letters as well as digits. No change in the app.
I reset my password again to only have lower case letters and digits ... still "connection error".

Are you f'cking kidding me, who programmed that? Let me guess ... the nice indian cheap programmer who has no idea what he is doing.

Ranneko
27th Aug 2016, 14:26
No comments from the developers? Is there a better place to report this issue?

teamparadox
28th Aug 2016, 03:21
I can't get it to work either. I've tried it on my phone and tablet as well as using 4g, wifi and a vpn. Same error since launch...what gives?

Sarimae
21st Dec 2016, 19:19
Hello SQUARE ENIX ???

Tried Password all uppercase... tried changing the mail-adress to uppercase nothing works.

Do Your JOB ! I bought a product, somthing is not working ! FIX IT !