PDA

View Full Version : Extra Digital Content - Locked until 23 AUG

FlapjackUK
20th Aug 2016, 10:10
Hi, I have registered Deus Ex Mankind Divided @ http://sqex.to and the game is showing as being register BUT it's not showing me a Playstation Store code for the extra digital content for the Day One Edition? Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Regards

Flapjack

Ashleyc
20th Aug 2016, 10:18
Some here for Xbox. Game is successfully registered but there is no obvious way of claiming any of the bonus items. How exactly does this work? Email? A separate section of the site?
Usually we're just provided the code for the items themselves, rather than having to register the game on the Square website to then be given further codes for the actual content..

SandWolf
20th Aug 2016, 10:34
Same problem here on PS4.

FlapjackUK
20th Aug 2016, 10:51
Please Help us!! :)

sym30l1c
20th Aug 2016, 10:59
Same on PS4 for me. This is really annoying since no proper instruction or information is being given.

muntz10
20th Aug 2016, 11:02
Im the same here on PS4 but maybe the content isn't released until the 23rd when it is officially out?..

Morphial
20th Aug 2016, 11:03
Same on Xbox One for me, do we have to wait until the official release date of the 23/08/16?

muntz10
20th Aug 2016, 11:10
Same on Xbox One for me, do we have to wait until the official release date of the 23/08/16?

That would annoy me as I dont want to start the game until I have this extra content.

sym30l1c
20th Aug 2016, 11:14
That would annoy me as I dont want to start the game until I have this extra content.

Same here, I wanted to play this weekend, but I don't want to miss the extra mission. This is quite annoying.

FlapjackUK
20th Aug 2016, 11:19
Thing is there is no where that shows our code for the extra content anywhere!??? So we can't even input the code into PSN/Xbox store redeem codes section. Meh

FlapjackUK
20th Aug 2016, 11:22
I have the extra mission, if you look under "Jensens stories" on the main menu it will say "Desperate Measures" which I think is the extra mission. But I can't seem to find any of the other extra content anywhere.

sym30l1c
20th Aug 2016, 11:26
Thing is there is no where that shows our code for the extra content anywhere!??? So we can't even input the code into PSN/Xbox store redeem codes section. Meh

After registering the game, the game appears in my list but there is nothing else. No option, nothing. I can just click on the game, which gives me the general information about the game and preordering. Nothing else. I hope we get an email or something else by release day. Still, this is annoying and impractical. They should have just given a PSN code instead of forcing us to register with these results.

Morphial
20th Aug 2016, 11:29
I have the extra mission, if you look under "Jensens stories" on the main menu it will say "Desperate Measures" which I think is the extra mission. But I can't seem to find any of the other extra content anywhere.

I forgot to mention that, I have the extra mission as well. When you try to enter the 'shop' option there's nothing there. Oh well the joys of DLC:mad2:

FlapjackUK
20th Aug 2016, 11:31
It would be nice for some clarification on this from someone @ square enix

muntz10
20th Aug 2016, 11:32
Maybe the items you will only see once your in the game?

FlapjackUK
20th Aug 2016, 11:34
Btw game looks AMAZING

sym30l1c
20th Aug 2016, 11:35
Just checked and I have the mission as well. I've linked my PSN account to my SE account, but that hasn't changed anything.

FlapjackUK
20th Aug 2016, 11:35

No, I'm playing the game as we speak and I can't see any if the extra content anywhere (Digital OST Sampler etc)

Morphial
20th Aug 2016, 11:39

I not sure, the leaflet that came with the game states you have to sign up etc and use the web code (which I am sure we have all done!) and you will get 2 xbox store codes to download the extra mission (which already shows in Jensons Storys) and for the covert agent pack

So based on this you need the codes but why does the mission show?!

There also meant to be the digital items as well but I cant see them anywhere on the site

This is a pain in the neck as I want to play the game but I want all the extras first

sym30l1c
20th Aug 2016, 11:43
Apparently the extra mission is not really "in game". So, it appears we can start the game without the worry of missing any content.
This is what Giant Bomb review says:

"The additional, downloadable "Jensen Stories" are a little more engaging so far, though only one of them was made available during the review phase. This one, called Desperate Measures, covers a bit of ground from the middle of the game and effectively starts you with a mid-game Jensen, with some points to spend on your skill tree, and a specific story to experience. I'm just not sure why this wasn't integrated directly into the game itself, though, since it just feels like yet another side mission in a game rife with side missions."

aieeeee
20th Aug 2016, 11:46
Sigh. Same problem here too. Registered the game with my code but it hasn't given me the two Xbox Store codes to redeem and download the extra in-game content like it's supposed to do....

Unsurprising tbqh.

Morphial
20th Aug 2016, 11:58
Apparently the extra mission is not really "in game". So, it appears we can start the game without the worry of missing any content.
This is what Giant Bomb review says:

"The additional, downloadable "Jensen Stories" are a little more engaging so far, though only one of them was made available during the review phase. This one, called Desperate Measures, covers a bit of ground from the middle of the game and effectively starts you with a mid-game Jensen, with some points to spend on your skill tree, and a specific story to experience. I'm just not sure why this wasn't integrated directly into the game itself, though, since it just feels like yet another side mission in a game rife with side missions."

You would've thought they had learned the best way of having 'in game' missions after the hassle of playing the extra mission in DX:HR which they fixed in the directors cut.

I loathe having to play missions outside of the main game as it breaks the story and narrative up

I really don't see how they can advertise it as 'in-game' when it's not

reverendjc
20th Aug 2016, 12:16
I've had a look at the Xbox store and it's saying the DLC isn't released to the 23rd, so I guess that's that and we'll get our codes on Tuesday. I'd just like to know how you're going to distribute them please.

sym30l1c
20th Aug 2016, 12:24
Under "Jensen's Stories" in the menu, when you select Desperate Measures, it says "There is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be for sale" (on PS4). This means that it's not available yet. So I suppose, and hope, that when it's available, Square Enix will send us some codes. Or maybe, since you can link your Square Enix account to your PSN account, it will become available to us automatically.

RnRClown
20th Aug 2016, 13:43
Same issue here (PS4). I'm not sure if it's better to wait until the DLC is available or start playing and to hell with the DLC.

sym30l1c
20th Aug 2016, 14:20
Same issue here (PS4). I'm not sure if it's better to wait until the DLC is available or start playing and to hell with the DLC.

I've decided to start. The DLC is an addition and does not appear to be playable during the main story.

sn0wd3n
20th Aug 2016, 14:49
No PSN code here as well. Guess we'll get it on Tuesday.

Too bad cause I will start playing.

muntz10
20th Aug 2016, 16:22
Looking at what you get below Im not starting the game until Tuesday!

The Covert Agent Pack contains the following:

Custom-skinned version of Adam Jensen’s trench coat and combat armor. Classic combat armor and trench coat from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Cosmetic items, do not affect gameplay.

Pistol with a silencer, laser sight, recoil and accuracy upgrades. Five packs of 10MM pistol ammo.

Combat rifle with a holosight, reload and capacity upgrades. Five packs of 5.56MM combat rifle ammo.

Revolver from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Extra pack of revolver Ammo.

Two EMP grenades.

Two HE grenades.

1 Praxis Point.

1000 Credits.

Wormrot
20th Aug 2016, 22:34
ah guys it is as always . i think the stuff will come on the release date . it is always on ps4 and xbox the last years in most games.

FlapjackUK
21st Aug 2016, 07:43
I have started without the DLC and tbh it didn't take me long to get guns, money and praxis points anyway! It doesn't take long at all. I'm loving it, what a game. On another note can't believe this posts had over 290,000 views already, mad. :worship:

Son_Of_North
21st Aug 2016, 10:01
So this is the official answer:
http://i.imgur.com/RjOcr4J.jpg

ShadowVenture23
21st Aug 2016, 19:20
has their not been a fix for this yet? just got the game and registered but havent gotten my codes...why wouldnt they just put them in the case?

FlapjackUK
22nd Aug 2016, 08:18
As posted above we will have the DLC 23rd August :)

sym30l1c
22nd Aug 2016, 17:02
Just got the code by email. Also, the code is available in your profile page after registering your game.

H0R000
22nd Aug 2016, 22:04
PC: Is there any way of opting out of getting some of the perks (praxis points & credits)?

I've bought the digital deluxe edition for the extra missions, but do not want all the free money and upgrade points which I feel may skewer the exploration/ difficulty curve of the game

sym30l1c
23rd Aug 2016, 00:02
PC: Is there any way of opting out of getting some of the perks (praxis points & credits)?

I've bought the digital deluxe edition for the extra missions, but do not want all the free money and upgrade points which I feel may skewer the exploration/ difficulty curve of the game

I'm on PS4, but I suppose it's going to be the same. You'll find the items and credits in your storage. To use them you have to transfer them to your inventory. So, they won't have any effect on your game unless you decide to.

RnRClown
23rd Aug 2016, 01:27
Got my code. Installed and ready. I didn't get to play much even with my early Saturday hook up, so I'll just replay the starting mission. That's as far as I got.

H0R000
23rd Aug 2016, 14:22
I'm on PS4, but I suppose it's going to be the same. You'll find the items and credits in your storage. To use them you have to transfer them to your inventory. So, they won't have any effect on your game unless you decide to.

Thanks for the info, glad to hear they've thought this through - it's more than many devs have done!!

Sillymrfluffles
23rd Aug 2016, 14:47
Same issue here. I downloaded desperate measures with no problem but I've not even been given an option to download the covert agent pack. Xbox one by the way.

Yondaimeflash
23rd Aug 2016, 17:42
Ok ive looked all over and I can seem to find were to input my code does anyone know? please help

Sillymrfluffles
23rd Aug 2016, 17:45
Are you referring to the code that came with the game or the code that you're given on the square enix website?

Yondaimeflash
23rd Aug 2016, 17:50
Are you referring to the code that came with the game or the code that you're given on the square enix website?

the code that came with the game

Yondaimeflash
23rd Aug 2016, 18:32
This is annoying I cant find out where to input this registration code

Yondaimeflash
23rd Aug 2016, 19:35
help

Sillymrfluffles
23rd Aug 2016, 19:52
You type the code on the square enix website on your profile. There should be a tab that asks if you want to register a new game to your profile. Click on that and type in the kid. If you're having trouble finding where to type it in, there should be instructions and a web address on the slip with the code (if you bought a physical copy). Otherwise, I don't know what else to suggest. I'm still having problems on my end with not having the option to download the covert agent pack.

Yondaimeflash
23rd Aug 2016, 19:58
You type the code on the square enix website on your profile. There should be a tab that asks if you want to register a new game to your profile. Click on that and type in the kid. If you're having trouble finding where to type it in, there should be instructions and a web address on the slip with the code (if you bought a physical copy). Otherwise, I don't know what else to suggest. I'm still having problems on my end with not having the option to download the covert agent pack.

Thanks Silly that was so easy I don't know why they don't have it some where a lot easier to find.

Sillymrfluffles
23rd Aug 2016, 21:55
It is a bit of a ball-ache isn't it? I don't know why they didn't just give us the redeem code straight up with the game to be honest. It would have saved a lot of time and confusion that's for sure.

Bruce37
23rd Aug 2016, 23:00
It also looks like the items are a one time use. If you pull them out of storage on one play through you won't have access to them on another.

aieeeee
23rd Aug 2016, 23:22
Where's your storage? In Adams apartment? Because my Covert Agent pack isn't in there. Got the mission but no sign of the pack anywhere.

Bruce37
23rd Aug 2016, 23:35
If you go to you items, press L3 and it should pull another window out.

Revelotopher
23rd Aug 2016, 23:38
I got the game for Xbox One I've noticed on the paper with the code, it specifies that you should get TWO Xbox Store Codes, yet once I entered the code on the Square Enix website I only got given ONE code, this gave me the bonus mission. However I've not gotten a code for the Covert Agent Pack, so no sign of the weapons or outfits.

What gives? Everything on the paper and emails says we should get two codes but only one has been issued. Anyone got any idea whats going on?

Bruce37
23rd Aug 2016, 23:41
Sorry, if you press the touch pad and then go to all your items. Press L2 and it should pull out another window.

Revelotopher
23rd Aug 2016, 23:49
Sorry, if you press the touch pad and then go to all your items. Press L2 and it should pull out another window.

I did that, all I have is the following:

Combat Rifle Ammo x20
Crafting Parts x300
Credit Chip x1000
EMP Grenade x2
Frag Grenade x2
Pistol EMP Ammo x15
Praxis Kit x1
Revolver Ammo Piercing x10

I have none of the weapons that were supposed to be in the Covert Agent pack, and when I go to Outfits all I have are the default options, none of the Outfits specified in the DLC. Where is it?

Bruce37
23rd Aug 2016, 23:55
That was actually for someone else, lol. Did you try and reboot the game? I had to do that for something else.

Revelotopher
23rd Aug 2016, 23:56
That was actually for someone else, lol. Did you try and reboot the game? I had to do that for something else.

Rebooted, still no weapons or outfits. I don't know why they would be missing.

Bruce37
24th Aug 2016, 00:02
Rebooted, still no weapons or outfits. I don't know why they would be missing.

Did you reboot console? If so then you may want to try re-downloading the content. I got everything with one code.

Revelotopher
24th Aug 2016, 00:07
Did you reboot console? If so then you may want to try re-downloading the content. I got everything with one code.

The only code I got after inputting the code on here was for the Desperate Measures mission. I wasn't given any other code despite the information in the box telling me that I'd get two codes.

Bruce37
24th Aug 2016, 00:18
Then I have no idea, the only option is to send them an email. I already sent them one cause, it appears the the items are a one time use.

jetfire255
24th Aug 2016, 00:36
I got the game for Xbox One I've noticed on the paper with the code, it specifies that you should get TWO Xbox Store Codes, yet once I entered the code on the Square Enix website I only got given ONE code, this gave me the bonus mission. However I've not gotten a code for the Covert Agent Pack, so no sign of the weapons or outfits.

What gives? Everything on the paper and emails says we should get two codes but only one has been issued. Anyone got any idea whats going on?

I did that, all I have is the following:

Combat Rifle Ammo x20
Crafting Parts x300
Credit Chip x1000
EMP Grenade x2
Frag Grenade x2
Pistol EMP Ammo x15
Praxis Kit x1
Revolver Ammo Piercing x10

I have none of the weapons that were supposed to be in the Covert Agent pack, and when I go to Outfits all I have are the default options, none of the Outfits specified in the DLC. Where is it?

I'm having the same problem too, I really wish I knew how to fix it