PDA

View Full Version : *gasp*

DMA57361
8th Jul 2002, 18:14
It appears that the Startopia post has not informed the community of the forum change. Nor has it updated it's link!

How are people going to find the new forum without this information?

Sorry?

This is the new forum? Damn . . . I need to pay more attention next time . . .

Well - u get the point. ;)

MunkeeChum
8th Jul 2002, 19:04
I'm sure AlphaOmega will get round to it sometime soon.

SkrasherSmasher
8th Jul 2002, 19:21
And if not, hmmm

"Hey this link doesn't go anywhere!"

Ghyron
8th Jul 2002, 21:08
As I said before, the old forums are not going to be shut down, the mods will use them for their own nefarious purposes (So the link to the new forum on the old forum will still exist).

AlphaOmega
8th Jul 2002, 21:22
I'm posting it today, there was no point doing it untill we actully moved...

*mutters* pushey bastards...

Ghyron
9th Jul 2002, 02:59
So you don't deny using the old forum for nefarious purposes? :p

MunkeeChum
9th Jul 2002, 09:30
Originally posted by AlphaOmega

*mutters* pushey bastards...

My ears!!! Profanity alert! Profanity alert!

SkrasherSmasher
9th Jul 2002, 14:54
And by a MODERATOR no less!:D

Ghyron
9th Jul 2002, 16:21
*Ghyron copies this thread and saves it for later... use :D*

AlphaOmega
9th Jul 2002, 20:19
Bastard is fine, if the censor doesn't stop it, then its not a bad word.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Bad: **** **** **** ****er
Good: Apple, Kitty, Lamp, Bastard, Slug

See? :)

Ghyron
9th Jul 2002, 20:56
Is cockpit, or cocktail bar censored?

EDIT: Thank goodness, now the newbies will not wonder what a ***tail bar is.

SkrasherSmasher
9th Jul 2002, 22:01
Cocktail bar may not be censored, but is **** tail bar?

Edit: Guess so

AlphaOmega
9th Jul 2002, 22:15
The new forum is s-m-r-t. :D

It comes with a built in morality module.

MunkeeChum
10th Jul 2002, 09:14
Yes but lets test it, in the last forum i could not utter tha lead singer of Iron Maiden's sencond name.

Now lets try it here...

Bruce ****enson

Edit - WHY CANT I SAY D-I-C-K-E-N-S-O-N ??? ARGGGHHHH

I wasn't trying to make a statement relating to the male sex organ :(

SkrasherSmasher
11th Jul 2002, 16:08
Let's all test the **** sensors in each of our ****ing sentances. That way they might ****ing mess up and the **** censor will have to be repaired!

MunkeeChum
11th Jul 2002, 17:50
Your dicing with death :)

SkrasherSmasher
11th Jul 2002, 18:20
Oh I was just kidding. All I did was put the little *. I didn't even write the words out.:p

MunkeeChum
11th Jul 2002, 22:24
Cunning like the fox you are, SkrasherSmasher.....

SkrasherSmasher
11th Jul 2002, 22:32
Thanks, wait.. is that supposed to be sarcastic?? Anywho.. for what reason is the term 'bastard' not blurbed by the sensor? Even if you were referring to the dictionary term, it still wouldn't be a politically correct term. I mean, if I used a politically incorrect term for someone of African origins, and it wasn't blurbed, I would be booted off of the board before you could say 'Why sir?'

AlphaOmega
12th Jul 2002, 00:26
Thats not its currently used meaning. It's okay, but don't over use it. In fact stop cursing! hehe...

Ghyron
12th Jul 2002, 01:11
Looks like this thread has gotten out of hand, I wonder what the "Report this Post to a moderator" button does? :D

SkrasherSmasher
12th Jul 2002, 01:52
Don't do it! NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo!!!!!

<Ghyron goes for the button, SkrasherSmasher jumps for him, and pushes him away.>

Don't report my post! They might not see the fact that I was kidding, and SkrasherSmasher will be no more....

<Ghyron pushes the button.>

Shoot...

MunkeeChum
12th Jul 2002, 13:54
It was him.........

NZrevenge
12th Jul 2002, 15:43
Hey what happens if we report a moderator to a moderator? I feel tempted to try and see what sorts of trouble I could get AlphaOmega into, though most likey I'd just end up on the wrong end of a wayward banstick...

I remember the last time I played "test the censor" on a forum. I really miss that place... I didn't even get to say goodbye... :(

SkrasherSmasher
12th Jul 2002, 19:54
Yeah, I figured my little fiasco would..

<SkrasherSmasher is burnt up by a banstick.>

Ow.. hey! I survived!! Ohh, I need a medic..

DMA57361
12th Jul 2002, 20:02
Psssst, yes you, SkrasherSmasher. Gimme £43.72 and I'll delete the thread. Good deal?

*Whistle* *Whistle*

What?

:rolleyes:

AlphaOmega
13th Jul 2002, 04:08
That button sends the thread to my mail box... Which I would NOT enjoy you abusing...

So... Who wants to push it? You feel lucky?

NZrevenge
13th Jul 2002, 07:54
Hmmm... This is a tough decision...

On one hand, I push the button. I'll find it funny as hell, though no-one else will even know, and by the time they realise I'll have already been banned. This owould ofcourse either make them laugh at something else (me being banned) or take away from the humour. In the end only I get to laugh, and then I get banned.

If I don't push the button, I don't get banned. And I will still be able to joke about thinking about pushing that button (which I am sort of doing now).

When I put it like that, my choice seems so obvious! Why wouldn't I want to go with it? Okay that's it, see guys around! I might not be around much longer... :eek:

I am only kidding, I'm not really dumb enough to report this thread to AlphaOmega without good reason

Humour doesn't count as a good reason

AlphaOmega
13th Jul 2002, 10:17
Wassa matta?

...Chicken?

NZrevenge
13th Jul 2002, 10:27
Well that's just stuffed me up... I am now reporting this thread to AlphaOmega. I just can't resist a challenge like that...

Hopefully I'll still be here tomorrow! :D

EDIT: I haven't been this scared in a long time! Should I start begging for my life yet?

MunkeeChum
13th Jul 2002, 10:49
That button sends the thread to my mail box... Which I would NOT enjoy you abusing...

So... Who wants to push it? You feel lucky?

I really do hope that was a joke.

SkrasherSmasher
13th Jul 2002, 12:40
Wassa matta?

...Chicken?

Not me!!

<Reports post. Then reads the thread thoroughly.>

Ha ha ha.. oops, BAN??? Hey AlphaOmega! Can you delete that message I sent you please?? Oh dear Nebula! I don't want to die/be banned today!!

NZrevenge
13th Jul 2002, 12:45
Oh no... You did it too?

Nobody else better report this thread!

We don't want a disgruntled mod on our hands. He made a direct challenge and some of us were foolish enough to respond. Unfortunately for us, we are the only ones who might end up suffering any consequences...

dolphpun
14th Jul 2002, 02:12
Just about what I expected.

OK... some startopia general disscussion...

Hmmm Well lets see...

Does discussion of the forum itself count?

Will I ever get my "postcount" back? Not. :)

(the Pun is its own reword)

SkrasherSmasher
14th Jul 2002, 16:36
Seeing you spell reward is it's own reward...

Ghyron
14th Jul 2002, 22:59
Originally posted by SkrasherSmasher
Seeing you spell reward is it's own reward...

Seeing your inability to grasp a pun is its own reward. :D

SkrasherSmasher
14th Jul 2002, 23:51
Seeing you.. oh forget it.,..

Ghyron
15th Jul 2002, 02:27
Much more spam and we will rival the Tomb Raider forums. :eek:

NZrevenge
15th Jul 2002, 05:57
Funny how you always spam about us spamming too much Ghryon...

Pinky the Cow
15th Jul 2002, 08:32
He's flaming, not spamming... like, bringing variety this way :rolleyes:

NZrevenge
15th Jul 2002, 08:35
Oh, my mistake... However it is still an evil tactic (and that's why I'm copying it! Muahahahaha!)

Ghyron
15th Jul 2002, 18:41
Stop Spamming or you'll awake the wrath of the mods! I mean it!

SkrasherSmasher
16th Jul 2002, 00:15
Originally posted by Pinky the Cow
He's flaming, not spamming... like, bringing variety this way :rolleyes:

Would you prefer I flame you you silly Ugly Pink Cow! Do you have Mad Cow disease or are you just generally pissed off?? I hate pink, everything pink should go to a firey grave! I HATE YOU!!

Thats variety?? I think it's just mean and inconsiderate.

Originally posted by Ghyron
Stop Spamming or you'll awake the wrath of the mods! I mean it!

Don't even start Ghyron. You only have about 50 posts more then the highest post count here....:rolleyes:

Besides me/Mods

Pinky the Cow
16th Jul 2002, 15:27
[B]Would you prefer I flame you you silly Ugly Pink Cow!..You are inadequate to say the least, but suit yourself. You keeping this up, one of us won't stay here for long.

DMA57361
16th Jul 2002, 16:34
Thats variety?? I think it's just mean and inconsiderate.

Pinky, I think he was being sarcastic or joking . . .

At least I hope he was. :rolleyes:

MunkeeChum
16th Jul 2002, 19:19
I do hope so DMA. I want ot hear the end of his FanFic :(

Ghyron
16th Jul 2002, 19:29
Don't even start Ghyron. You only have about 50 posts more then the highest post count here....:rolleyes:

Besides me/Mods

I rest my case. :D

NZrevenge
17th Jul 2002, 05:45
Talking about posts, where'd they go???

I have had my post count halved, and it doesn't appear under my name anymore!!!

AlphaOmega
17th Jul 2002, 07:47
Posts are dead. Mwah. :)

Would you prefer I flame you you silly Ugly Pink Cow! Do you have Mad Cow disease or are you just generally pissed off?? I hate pink, everything pink should go to a firey grave! I HATE YOU!!
*Aims banstick* With the exception of PINK Floyd... Right? ......RIGHT???

DMA57361
17th Jul 2002, 12:07
Originally posted by NZrevenge
Talking about posts, where'd they go???

I have had my post count halved, and it doesn't appear under my name anymore!!!

Well. As I'm sure you have noticed they are only in peoples profiles now. And apparently the general forums no longer boost your post count - which probably means all post there have been deducted. Which is probably why you have lost all those posts . . .

Ghyron
17th Jul 2002, 13:27
So the Spammish Inquisition has been called off. Right?

NZrevenge
17th Jul 2002, 13:31
Hey, if we can spam without worrying about people accusing us of increasing post counts, then we could do it just for the fun of it!

I'm think I could get used to this... Perhaps the Spammish Inquisition could stick around a while longer for entertainment purposes... :D

Ghyron
17th Jul 2002, 13:35
Don't do it or AlphaOmega will bannish you to the vile Tomb Raider Forum. :eek:

SkrasherSmasher
17th Jul 2002, 19:36
*Gasp* A fate worse then death. And yes, I was joking about the flame. DONT KILL ME!

Ghyron
17th Jul 2002, 20:38
You mean "DON'T BAN ME". I don't think the mods can actually kill you... yet. :eek:

AlphaOmega
19th Jul 2002, 01:02
I dunno... vBulliten has alot of options I haven't checked out yet... Ahhh, there we are...

"Launch ICBM To Target Hostname"
"Send SWAT Team To Target Hostname"
"Send Plague To Target Hostname"
"Send N*SYNC To Target Hostname"

NZrevenge
19th Jul 2002, 04:07
N*SYNC? You Mods really are evil...

That's just sick dude... N*SYNC? :(

SkrasherSmasher
20th Jul 2002, 01:21
Ugh.. N*SYNC is about as bad as a bunch of sex-deprived inmates, you being the new guy in the cell. But before that gets graphic, I'm sorry if my little joke there <Points at post.> was taken as serious. I like many pink things, not the least of which are pink Starburst candies. And cows are cool too. Got milk?? Heh heh. Dunno too much about Pink Floyd though Alpha. What? No, no, not the N*SYNC, not the N*SYNC!

<The lights dim, and the music begins.>

NOOOOO!!!

NZrevenge
20th Jul 2002, 14:05
And then there's Pink. I mean, you know, "Pink". That girl. No, not the girl in pink (nuthin wrong with them either!), the girl who is Pink. No! She isn't coloured pink, she is called pink! Ah screw you guys...

Pigs are pink. Many people are pink. Many girls wear pink. Some diapers are pink. Cows aren't pink. Nothing they eat is pink. Nothing they do is pink. How did you come up with Pinky the Cow? Did you feed a pinky to a cow one day and then think that was a bloody good nickname? Are you male or female by the way? (trying to judge what colour clothes you might wear, just incase a cow ate some pink clothes of yours)

Pinky the Cow
20th Jul 2002, 14:12
It was long timne ago. I didn't want to turn out an another MEGAKILLER 2K+2, so i picked something absolutely unique. Not great but at least it keeps me from treating I-net like the real world... who'd like to live with such horrible name :rolleyes: :) .

NZrevenge
20th Jul 2002, 14:22
It is sad when someone gets confused between reality and fantasy *cough*Dracoraptor!*cough*

I dunno about not wanting to be called Pinky the Cow in real life, I mean it would make you real popular with the bullies at school. Sounds fun eh?

Pinky the Cow
20th Jul 2002, 16:01
Popular in which way?

Like... Popular! :D

Or like... Popular! http://www.kamrad.ru/kvb/forum/gigi.gif

kool_kats_rule
31st Jul 2002, 12:24
Would you really want to find out?

Pinky the Cow
2nd Aug 2002, 06:18
Yes, if 'find out' doesn't mean 'experience'.

SkrasherSmasher
3rd Aug 2002, 05:06
I've expirenced option number two plenty of times. It's too bad I have to eat apple sauce and drink through a straw though...:o

NZrevenge
3rd Aug 2002, 07:09
I have never even seen a fight... That sorta thing doesn't happen very often in New Zealand schools.

kool_kats_rule
3rd Aug 2002, 10:18
I've been in a few fights, but nothing serious. I generally win anyway.

SkrasherSmasher
3rd Aug 2002, 15:48
I pretended I knew a Japanese fighting tecnique once. I just stood funny and was waving my arms like I saw in Dead Or Alive 3. The guy ran away, but beat me up later when he found out I was just making it all up...

It sucks getting beat up.

NZrevenge
8th Aug 2002, 13:25
ROFL!

Way to use your grey matter! (Or is it pink and gooey?)

Pity it came back to bite you in the ***. No, I meant ***. Why can't I say ***? Dammit, I want to say ***! It is my American god-given right to say *** and you *******s wont let-- Oh, I'm not American? Nevermind...

As Cartman would say: **** you guys, I'm going home...

(Am I gonna get beaten up for this?)

kool_kats_rule
9th Aug 2002, 12:45
Since you're not American, you have more sense than swiss cheese. But I didn't say much more.