PDA

View Full Version : TR5 OCB codes

jbc21
8th Jul 2002, 10:45
Have anybody got the OCB for TR5 objects? I'm particularly interested in getting the OCB to animate the "iris" object.
Thanks

JB

aktrekker
8th Jul 2002, 13:11
It doesn't matter what the OCB codes are in TR5. I doubt they will work in TR4 because they are hard-coded.
Maybe if you can find an object slot that uses the same animations and also uses the same OCB codes, you might get it to work. Otherwise you have to edit the animations.

Turbo Pascal
8th Jul 2002, 15:21
Here is Michiel's OCB for TRC Objects.

http://www.geocities.com/cyber_delphi/articles/ocb_list.html

Like Aktreeker Said, this only work in the Chronicles games, importing the object to the TR4 with tr2wad or wadmerger no mean that the OCB values will work in the Last Revelation game, remember that no mater what you import, the object ALWAY will keep the behavior from the SLOT where you placed it.

tp.

TRWad
8th Jul 2002, 19:02
I once had it working. I thought it was just pushing the buttons 1-5 or triggering it.

jbc21
9th Jul 2002, 05:16
Thanks for your help... I'll try to find something out to animate my object. Simply triggering it didn't work. Haven't tried the OCB yet.
If I want to edit the animation, how can I do that? :confused:

JB

aktrekker
9th Jul 2002, 09:43
I believe there is only one way to edit the animations at this time. Download TRViewer and use it to export an object in 3DS format. Use 3DS Max to edit the animations. Then use TRViewer to import the object again.
This method only works with TRn files, not wad files. So you may find yourself having to do it over and over.
But TRWad is working on an animation editor. If you have time to wait, that may solve the problem for you.

jbc21
9th Jul 2002, 12:48
Well, I guess I just have to download TRViewer then... ;) :rolleyes:
Thanks for the help!
JB

Turbo Pascal
9th Jul 2002, 15:38
Originally posted by jbc21
Download TRViewer and use it to export an object in 3DS format. Use 3DS Max to edit the animations. Then use TRViewer to import the object again.

This method only works with TRn files, not wad files. So you may find yourself having to do it over and over.
JB

After editing your TR4 file with trviewer you can simple build the final WAD using trwest or tr2wad so you will have a WAD with your animation edited object.

tp.