PDA

View Full Version : how did we get our nicks?

chuffy
8th Jul 2002, 07:59
In a bid to get to know each other better i thought i would post this thread. I know most people here have names out of the LOK games, but why that name?

my names chuffy, other than sounding good (i think) it was also the name of a alcoholic's imaginary friend. Who was an old-fashion train driver who counldn't speak.
how about you?

chuffy

Umah Bloodomen
8th Jul 2002, 08:34
Hmmm... I will have to say that I picked this name because ever since I saw the preview to BO2, I was drawn to Umah.

She's mysterious and wears a killer purple outfit. (Purple being my favorite color and all...I know, like you couldn't have guessed right? :p )

She isn't really popular and/or known (like Ariel is) and her personality just fits mine.

As for the "bloodomen" I had to pay homage to the game that started it all. (And my favorite one of the series).

Not to sound cocky, but I think Umah has been shed a new light around the forum since I joined it's ranks back in April. :p

Rook
8th Jul 2002, 08:37
Mine comes from a vampire--just not an LoK vampire. He's really messed up in the head (and so am I;)), so the name fit!

:D

Embla
8th Jul 2002, 08:46
I took my name from the old Norse Mythology. Embla was the name of the first female.
Ask and Embla = Adam and Eve.

Serul
8th Jul 2002, 09:35
Serul is just an anagram for my last/family name.

Try guessing what it is :D, I'll give you a hint...

And no cheating by looking at my site. :D

EDIT: Chuffy guessed it right. S = 5, and so on, then put the numbers in order. :D

Sade Lyrate
8th Jul 2002, 13:08
When I hit the information highway known as the 'Net, the name
I opted for was 'camisade'. Good, nice sounding slightly old English
word meaning attack taking place during night. (;) hey, was a bit
more morbid back then...)

After a while, it got shortened into Sade, which happens to mean
'rain' in Finnish. I like rain, and it was a lovely word in any case,
just like 'lyrate' = lyre player, even though a person more lacking
in music sense is a rare find, I guess...:D
Like 'camisade', I took 'lyrate' because it sounded nice. And I considered
myself a storyteller, and a lyre was just as good of a 'sign' as
anything else.

Good enough of an explanation?
;)

willow
8th Jul 2002, 13:52
um.... willow is my first name....

Riovanes
8th Jul 2002, 14:14
I like to think of myself as a writer, and the one character who's stayed with me for the past five years, ever since I was 15, has been Riovanes (and yes, I named him BEFORE FFT came out, for those of you who are wondering)... He's the main character of my current novel project, and so it just came naturally when I wanted to chose a name. *shrugs* Other than that, no special meaning.

BAH!!!

Azuriel
8th Jul 2002, 15:48
1. azure is my favo color. lightning and water

2. a mixture between Raziel and Azimuth. intelligence and wisdom

3. the -iel extension is old.. and i feel old too

hunnie
8th Jul 2002, 16:34
my real name means honey; sweet as honey

Time Streamer
8th Jul 2002, 18:18
My name comes from what Moebius is usually called. It just felt mysterious and bit out of ordinary so I picked it.

Mallinger
8th Jul 2002, 21:58
It's just my last name. I used to call myself Megafartx but I didn't think that would be apropriate anymore so I stopped using it unless I decide to fool around a little. :cool:

Jeffers
8th Jul 2002, 22:00
Mine is just the nickname everyone calls me by.

As you can see I am quite boring.:(

Jeffers.

DMK_Uriel
8th Jul 2002, 22:12
i took Uriel from Quake3 (1 day later i went looking to see if Uriel was an angel as i suposed) and the DMK from DMK_Azrael mechwarrior3 clan as we both like mechwarrior..capiche?:D

Azuriel
8th Jul 2002, 22:12
awww

i don`t find you boring at all Jeffers!

Jeffers
8th Jul 2002, 22:18
Thankyou Az.

At least I know some of you on here don't think I am. :)

Jeffers.

Azuriel
8th Jul 2002, 22:23
Originally posted by DMK_Uriel
i took Uriel from Quake3 (1 day later i went looking to see if Uriel was an angel as i suposed) and the DMK from DMK_Azrael mechwarrior3 clan as we both like mechwarrior..capiche?:D

you DO know there is a medium mech with ultra-medium autocannon called the Uriel, right?

really average mech though... not very nice. like my personal configuration bettah

DMK_Uriel
8th Jul 2002, 22:34
that mech is from MW4 right?
i didn't played MW4 because i'm quite sure my PC would be able to run it...:(
i've only played MW3 and finished...

Azuriel
8th Jul 2002, 22:38
Originally posted by DMK_Uriel
that mech is from MW4 right?
i didn't played MW4 because i'm quite sure my PC would be able to run it...:(
i've only played MW3 and finished...

ehh... you do know that there are hundreds of different mechs in the Battletech universe right?

the Uriel is one of them. some mechs were invented for games though..

like the

Blood Asp in Mechcommander 2 (90T assault clan mech, heavy laser weaponry, twin gauss rifles, manufactured by clan Adder) and the

Madcat (or Timberwolf, for clanners) MkII (upgrade on the Mk1, this one also with twin gauss rifles, and inverted missile racks. 90T assault. easily mistaken for it`s smaller brother. manufactured by clan Wolf) this was in Mechwarrior 4: Black Knight

DMK_Uriel
8th Jul 2002, 22:56
yes i know about madcat mkII...

Apocrypha Roxy
9th Jul 2002, 02:37
-clears throat-

In 10th grade I took an english class called Bible as Literature (NY state law prohibits teaching religion in public education facilities - I'm sure this applies to the rest of the country as well). We had this nifty little textbook and all, and toward the end of the semester we had to do a report on a topic from a list of those given. Apocrypha just stood out to me, and I chose it, got really in-depth into it, and had a nice report.

The apocrypha (without getting into religious details) is a series of scrolls/books (Kinda like the Dead Sea scrolls) that are The Biblical books included in the Vulgate and accepted in the Roman Catholic and Orthodox canon but considered uncanonical by Protestants because they arent a part of the Hebrew Scriptures. They're books written by early Christians as an addition to the New Testament. It means "hidden"

It's all a big secretive thing. I am secretive by nature (finding a clue by manually going through my grey matter might take days). So, I tagged it on my nickname, Roxy (my name is Roxanne - Persian for 'dawn').

In essence, my name means 'hidden dawn' or 'secret dawn'.

Pretty cool, eh? :D

royalmarine1980
9th Jul 2002, 02:47
Mine's from 3.5 years service to the Royal Marines :D

willow
9th Jul 2002, 04:52
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy

In essence, my name means 'hidden dawn' or 'secret dawn'.

Pretty cool, eh? :D

Actually yes, now that I know what it means that's an amazing handle.

Jedilvr
9th Jul 2002, 05:32
Where to begin? My little sister used to be a Public Relations person for certain NASCAR racers, I forget who, when she was talking to me one day and mentioned that she was also chatting online with "a racer's wife", went back and edited the name out, and she told me her screen name was "doglvr". I immediately thought it meant "dog liver", I was only 18 at the time and kinda weird sorta kid, and started asking her why she had such an unusual screen name and she explained that it stood for "dog lover" because this woman adored her dogs. :o
I have always been a Star Wars fan so I started using the name Jedilvr for everything I do online. :D
Please, if you must laugh at me try to keep it down, my nerdiness is not completely my fault. Thank You. :(

willow
9th Jul 2002, 07:53
Oh come on... most of us here are complete Star Wars fanatics....
Well I am at least...

Azazel005
9th Jul 2002, 13:05
Azazel is a fallen angel by a great number of biblical references, and was the main villian int the film 'the fallen', something which popularised the name.

On top of that it rolls of the tongue very neatly and has a great sound.

the 005 is mainly there to avoid falling into the trap of everyone else already using Azazel, and a of beat nod to double meaning license to kill.

"You expect me a son of fire to bow down to a son of clay?"

Azazel

Epsillion
9th Jul 2002, 18:26
Epsillion is a greek letter with a couple extra letters added in an effort to make a name nobody else had. Simple as that.

Ranmyaku
9th Jul 2002, 19:12
Ranmyaku is actually a japanese word meaning Chaos, Confusion, Disorder.

And I happen to feel akin to chaos, for some odd reason. :D

That and I didn't like being referred to as a guy when I was using my old nick. And it's happened again twice while using this nick. Dammit, I'm doomed to be called a guy at least once or twice a year. *pouts*

dago
9th Jul 2002, 20:26
mine is short for dagoed...which is a personal joke...and a sort of greeting

DMK_Azrael
9th Jul 2002, 21:01
Well, Azrael is the name of the Angel of Death, and the DMK is the insignia of my MW3 clan...

Vampmaster
9th Jul 2002, 23:18
A couple of years ago I realised how much I was interested in vampires, thought that made me a goth (I know better now), made a website and used that name on the message board because I intended to learn everything about vampires. The same already account worked in Nosgothic Realm, so after I failed in my quest to master everything about vampires and realised what a dorky username it was, the name had become something of a trademark for me, I think. I was Raziel1 for a short time before that, but I posted at Nosgothic Realm instead until earlier this year so that's why Raziel1 seemed like the newest out of my usernames.

willow
10th Jul 2002, 05:25
Originally posted by Ranmyaku
Dammit, I'm doomed to be called a guy at least once or twice a year. *pouts*

Well I'm mistaken for a woman much much more than that...
Not only that but I get that in REAL life.... I have long hair and I'm thin.... so a lot of times I'll be at work and someone will come from behind and say excuse me miss... then I turn around and it's usually the oh.. sorry.... response...
worst scenarios: When they don't aknowledge it and just continue like nothing happened... and once... only once... I was slapped on the bum... I turned around very... very.. pissed... he just sort of ran off.....

Azuriel
10th Jul 2002, 06:50
LOL Willow!

can imagine the look on his face!

*spank* ooooh.. *Willow turns* AAAHH uh oh! *guy runs off*

Power reaver
10th Jul 2002, 13:30
I was introduced to LOK by Soul Reaver . In SR2 we learn even more about the blade and Razes connection to it . Due to all this I decided I had to be a Reaver . But I wanted a original name aswell , (did i mention Iam power hungry?) Thus the name Power Reaver (PR in short) .

Willow I was mistaken for a girl once (a long long time ago In a gallaxy far far away) , I think I was 10 yrs old or somethin . Iam not thin , but i let my hair grow a little long at that time , but I still I was surprised at that ****** , after I told him the truth , he apologised a 1000 times .

Now I dont have that prob at all (actually Iam a real cute guy girls run after ...... REALLY , IAM NOT KIDDIN ;) )

WolfBlade
10th Jul 2002, 18:25
Personally I love wolves and beyond that I am also a fan of the medievel era. So I wanted to find myself a cool unique name with no numbers (I HATE NUMBERS IN MY NAMES) so I decided on WolfBlade to be my logo also for anime music videos and have been using it in some way as much as I can. I wanted a unique name but unfortuanately I found that some people were using it as far as 3 YEARS back.:eek:

darien_specter
10th Jul 2002, 23:44
Mine is from the birth of my chosen profession - the first part I ever played, in high school. The play was a rip-off of The Taming of the Shrew (my favorite Shakespeare play) called Donovan's Daughters; Darien Specter was the stereotypical black-mustachioed villian (who did not appear in ANY form in Shrew) who came to 1890's Seattle to open a brothel... and something about it just stuck.

I also use "The Squire" as an e-mail signature nickname, referencing another part, Squire Allworthy from Tom Jones, my favorite role so far.

WolfBlade
11th Jul 2002, 04:51
About mistaken identities of males and femals. I have a pretty low voice for a 15 yr. old and so I am constantly mistaken by MY OWN RELATIVES of bieng my dad. Also my mom has a deep voice for a lady and once she was bieng hit on by a pizza guy over the phone cause the guy was gay and thought that she was a he. People need to figure out who they are hitting on for all they know it could be your own brother/sister in one of those internet chat rooms. Take precautions.

Ranmyaku
11th Jul 2002, 22:47
Whereas you guys are called girls in real life, I'm just called a guy over the internet. :D

NoobSaibot
11th Jul 2002, 23:07
It is obvious to everyone where my name came from. But the story goes....
Back before even Blood Omen was out, there was this very contravertial fighting game called Mortal Kombat. I like almost all types of fighter games, but this was my favorite for many years. In 1995 Mortal Kombats Ultimate 3 and Trilogy came out. I wasn't that bad, but not that good either until I found the secret(atleast in UMK3) character Noob Saibot. I am not trying to sound arogant, but I found that no matter how others tryed, they couldn't beat me with him. I also liked his back story, it would be exactly how I would act in the situation the character was in. Being, stay outside the main fight, then strike at the right moment even if it is the strogest person. And I don't meen sneek attack, just not be the first wave. The name, with and without a space has been my name on line ever since.

Umah Bloodomen
12th Jul 2002, 05:58
Noob Saibot first appeared in Mortal Kombat 2, along with Smoke and Jade. :p

NoobSaibot
13th Jul 2002, 16:52
I know that, I meant to say the first time he was a playable character was in UMK3 and Trilogy. He was in MK2, but only as a secret play against character. Unless I am wrong there too.

Umah Bloodomen
15th Jul 2002, 00:45
To my knowledge he isn't playable. But he's still THE man of LoK.

Azazel005
25th Jul 2002, 14:01
Pardon My Ignorance but I didn't know he had a back story?

He was originally Just a balck Shadow character with Tobias Boon's named reverse wasn't he?

What is the Back Story Noob I'd Like to now?

CyberFish
25th Jul 2002, 19:07
Just another anonymous face behind a mask. Just another rat running the maze. Just a lost soul, looking for the answers without even knowing the questions. Just a cyberfish swimming in a digital ocean.

Lady Kreliana
26th Jul 2002, 01:34
My name is a feminized version of the lead villain's name from Xenogears. His name is Krelian, but most in his home country call him Lord Krelian. So, I added an a to the end of his name to make is sound feminine and got Kreliana. The opposite of a Lord is a Lady, so I became Lady Kreliana.

Umah Bloodomen
26th Jul 2002, 01:39
Originally posted by Azazel005
Pardon My Ignorance but I didn't know he had a back story?

He was originally Just a balck Shadow character with Tobias Boon's named reverse wasn't he?

What is the Back Story Noob I'd Like to now?

Well it is true that Noob is named after both Ed Boon and John Tobias. (The Lords of MK).

I quoted the following from a website. It is Noob's game description.

STORY: Noob Saibot emerges from the darkest region of reality -- a region known as the Netherealm. He belongs to a group called the Brothers of Shadow, and worships an evil and mysterious fallen Elder God. His mission is to spy on the events taking place in the Battle between the Realms and report back to his enigmatic leaders.

ENDING: At first a passive observer, Noob Saibot would soon receive orders to side with the evil emperor Shao Kahn. Saibot's leaders in the netherealm want him to join Kahn's battle to gain his trust and to gain entrance into the Earth Realm. When Kahn drops his guard, Noob Saibot is ordered to attack. With both the Earth realm and the Outworld's emperor defeated, the fallen elder god known as Shinnok can take both realms and gain the power he needs to strike back at the elder gods who banished him into the Netherealm.

A little extra information concerning Noob is his outfit. It mimics that of Sub Zero's Lin Kuei Organization. Unlike Scorpion's (who's outfit was colored yellow to signify the Lin Kuei as being cowardice in his murder) Noob's was designed to replicate the LK's ninja-like status. (Which helped seeing that Noob is also basically a shadow...lol).

I will have to admit that Noob is by far my favorite MK character. (I've enjoyed him since his first appearance in MK2 and absolutely love being able to play with him in UMK3. If I remember right, he can also be accessed in MK4, but I haven't played either in soooo long to tell you if that's true or not.

keepittrue
26th Jul 2002, 02:05
Whoa Umah, you amazed me, I did know that about Scorpion and he is my favorite character in MK. Noob is one of my favs tho. I thought scorpion was just part of a diff clan that rivaled the lin kuie's. Noob is not in MK4.

Umah Bloodomen
26th Jul 2002, 03:08
Some of these tales I obtained from manuals and strategy guides (others from sites). Scorpion was a part of a rival clan although their outfits weren't the same as the Lin Kuei's. (Scorpion donned it following his return from the netherrealm for the reason I stated above).

Here is a little more of a backdrop on Scorpion for you:

Scorpion
Birth Place:Earth
Birth Year: Unknown
Information:
The real name of Scorpion when he served the Shirai Ryu ninja clan was Hanzo Hasashi. However, when retained by Quan Chi to steal the Map of elements, he was murderedby Sub-Zero. He left behind a wife and child in his former life, but was allowed to return and avenge his death when Netheralm demons offered him the opportunity for revenge. He met Sub-Zero at the tournament on Shang Tsung's island, where he killed the Lin Kuei ninja in combat. However, he could never again know his family again. The hell-spawned spectre rose from the pits of hell again after learning of Sub-Zero's return, stalking the ninja assassin. Scorpion followed him into the dark realm.of the Outworld where he continued his own unholy mission. Upon learning of Sub-Zero's reappearance, Scorpion enters Shao Kahn's tournament. This time, he fails to kill Sub-Zero, returning to the Netherealm. When Shao Kahn made a failed attempt at stealing the souls which occupy Earth's hell, Scorpion was able to escape from the nether region. Free to roam the Earth once more, Scorpion held allegiance with no one. He was a wild card in Earth's struggle against the Outworld. Scorpion was enlisted by the Emperor to aid him and his quest to destroy the chosen warriors. The Emperor was defeated by Earth Realm warriors and the earth returned to normal. Scorpion found himself once again roaming the pits of hell. In hopes of gaining Scorpion as a new ally in the war with the Elder Gods, Quan Chi made the dead ninja an offer he cannot refuse - life, in exchange for his services as a warrior against the Elders. Scorpion accepted, but hid behind ulterior motives. Scorpion defeated Sub-Zero in combat, apparently avenging the deaths of his family and clan. Sub-Zero explained that the Lin Kuei may have been responsible for his murder, but that his family's true killer still remained free. Quan Chi appears, admitting that he was the one. To defeat his nemesis, Sub-Zero, he needed the power of a spectre. The sorcerer was then killed by Scorpion, who released Sub-Zero from the vendetta.

For more Mortal Kombat plotlines check this out:

http://mkclans.cjb.net/

KainSyndrome101
26th Jul 2002, 03:25
That's pretty cool.

Anyway, my username "KainSyndrome101," is supposed to be like a name for a disease. "Syndrome," like Tourett's Syndrome.

What it means, is that I've been diagnosed with the thirst for the Legacy of Kain.

Get it?

Azazel005
26th Jul 2002, 11:32
Thank you Kind Lady, you have filled my thirst for knowledge.

VIKE
30th Jul 2002, 15:34
Originally My sons name but I sort of borrowed it since MY Hubby and son are Viking Football fans.

Midnight of Sevenshades
30th Jul 2002, 21:57
I am a sorceress, one cursed to serve a demon for all time. My name is the meeting place of darkness and light, a metaphor for my blighted existence. One who would use her gifts for good but was forced to be evil.

NoobSaibot
1st Aug 2002, 03:14
Originally posted by keepittrue
Whoa Umah, you amazed me, I did know that about Scorpion and he is my favorite character in MK. Noob is one of my favs tho. I thought scorpion was just part of a diff clan that rivaled the lin kuie's. Noob is not in MK4.

Hey thanks umah for giving my name sakes back story. I had forgotten about this particular topic. And I have created a Lok Version of that back story on a couple of other topics. But I will have to correct one mistake. Noob is playable in MK4 and Gold. His moves are nothing like the compleate devistation I could inflict in Trilogy but you just have to beet the game with Reco (bad spelling). Get back to the pic your character screen. Go down to hidden. Get your pic cursor hidden while holding block or something, move to the Reco character and pic. That should give you atleat the look. Where do you think the 3-D Noob in my Sig is from.

Here is my Lok version backstory
Noob Saibot emerges from the darkest region of reality. A region known as Dark Eden. He belongs to a group called the Clan of the Unseen Fangs who fallow a mysterious elder Vampire. His mission is to spy on the events taking place in the battle between realms and report back to his enigmatic leader Kain.

Umah Bloodomen
1st Aug 2002, 03:31
He was also playable in Ultimate Mortal Kombat. He only had a babality and an animality though. (Like where's the fun in that right?) :p

NoobSaibot
23rd Feb 2006, 01:17
I will admit I got this idea from another forum, but I have known most here longer, so I just thought it might be fun for everyone to explain how they took their screen names and how their names define them.

Mine is obviously from Mortal kombat. This character just became everything to me that now my friend will not even let me use him anymore because I am nearly unbeatable when I am in practice and trying my hardest. The three games that are closest to my heart are Mortal Kombat Trilogy, MegaMan Series, and LoK Series.

Reciently though I have started to drop the Noob from my screen name on line. Saibot is what I like now. This doesn't change here and x-box live, because They were before my change.

Anyway please share.

Binky24
23rd Feb 2006, 10:36
(Before I share, can I ask you a question, as I know nothing of MK - who's Tobias Boon?)

OK - I'm Binky24. Name got changed in 2004, after an unfortunate accident involving a confirmation e-mail that never appeared. I was Binky previously. :) Binky, as in the name of the horse of Death of the Discworld, which and whom I find utterly endearing. That's because I never really got the hang of creating nicks... I kind of like the very first one I ever had - xenon_hexafluoride, a very neat compound... but it's a lot to write. Perhaps I should write it XeF6?
Anyhow, right now, wherever I go, I'm Ananke. She is the goddess of Destiny in Ovidius and the mother of Adrasteia, the dealer of just punishment and reward - alternatively, Adrasteia is Ananke's attribute; so, if Ananke is taken, I go by Ananke Adrasteia. :) That's a mouthful as well, lol. But I like the sound.

weaponx
23rd Feb 2006, 11:33
my user names
WeaponX: is from x-men both the organisation that turns mutants into weapons and wolverine who is weapon x (the x refures to the roman numral for 10)
the othe user name I go by is
Alice Manson: its form two of my favourite musicians Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson

NoobSaibot
23rd Feb 2006, 12:58
[QUOTE=Binky24](Before I share, can I ask you a question, as I know nothing of MK - who's Tobias Boon?)
QUOTE]

come on now, the fact that you reversed those tells me you know and just want me to explain it. All right, The character Noob Saibot from the game is actually the reversed last names of the games original two creators. they are Ed BOON and John TOBIAS. I think only one of them is still at Midway making the last two games. This also might expain why I havn't liked Deadly Alliance and Deception.

Binky24
23rd Feb 2006, 14:32
come on now, the fact that you reversed those tells me you know and just want me to explain it.
Nope, I really didn't know - and thanks for the explanation. :) My brain reversed it on its own. It tends to do things like this when it's bored. :D

Mekairinek
23rd Feb 2006, 15:20
Ummmm, I just mashed together two favorite characters of mine and came up with this. It sounded funny and it stuck with me. Unfortunatley, people never seem to spell it right. (Which is why I go as 'Elegance Liberty' in other places)

Omega
23rd Feb 2006, 16:33
Omega...

Well, I have a really deep fasination with Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece, and Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet (what I come to call, "The End").

Omega is also named after a particle from an episode of Star Trek: Voyager called "The Omega Directive".

I'm such a geek!

Previously, I was called "Angelus" during my "I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer" phase.

Before that, we're now entering territory of 1996-1997, when I was called "StarBoy" on a few random chat channels (i.e. LA Live Chat... anybody else remember that?). I honestly have no idea where I got the name from, just down to the brashness of youth, I suppose.

Now I just call myself by my actual name (Lee).

blincoln
23rd Feb 2006, 17:58
Mine is so complicated it's not really worth going to the trouble of explaining.

garbagefanuk
23rd Feb 2006, 20:27
Mine is so complicated it's not really worth going to the trouble of explaining.

Haha yeah, it boggles our mind :p

Mines just Garbage. I used to be a big fan way back when and i used thios name for everything i signed up for cos it was easy to remember when u had 10 systems with 1 login :D I was a Garbage fan from the UK :)

fangedwolf
23rd Feb 2006, 21:07
My name is pretty much constant through all sites I visit, including my website. It all came about when I was younger and looking for a screen name. I love wolves, but all the obvious names were taken. Ended up taking fangedwolf as it was both a cool name that was almost never taken, as well as showing my liking for wolves and sharp pointy objects hahah!

TheWatcher
24th Feb 2006, 01:39
Well, before I registered (and even a bit after) I lurked a lot. I didn't really know that's what it was called at the time. All I knew was I just watched the forums. I also use TheWatcher on PlanetDOOM, and use my real name (Chris) elsewhere. :)

LOKFan
25th Feb 2006, 05:55
I don't suppose I have to explain my User Name ;)

dumah's wraith
25th Feb 2006, 21:00
take a wild guess

evil_sharkey
25th Feb 2006, 23:13
I done said it once, and I'll say it again. My name is from one of the toys I used to play with as a kid, a little black Hot Wheels car shaped like a shark. He wasn't really a major character in my made up worlds (he was mostly known for repeated failed attempts at world domination and serving grapes with razor blades sticking out of them at potlucks). His was the only of my characters' names I could use as an AOL screen name without having to add numbers (I hate them, too). I use variations on the name for everything I do online.

weaponx
26th Feb 2006, 03:30
I don't suppose I have to explain my User Name ;)
umm...is it cos you like pie? ;)

take a wild guess
pie again?:D

Peregrinus
27th Feb 2006, 02:03
hey the mech is called an uziel and it's best when fitted with dual (clan ER)PPCs! if you like mech assault, try the mechwarrior series altogether, my personal favorite is still mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries. It's old, but it's still good! for a good newer mechwarrior game try mw 4 and mw4:black knight.

and my nick.. well I've had it a long time now, from the period when i was still looking for something, but didn't know what or where. It means wanderer in latin, not that original huh..

Anoobish
27th Feb 2006, 16:08
This was my first online nick, in Warcraft III (and in general), which came from the Egyptian death god, Anubis. But since Anoobis was taken, I just put an 'h' after it. Then, it just kinda stuck :p

goblin981
3rd Mar 2006, 14:29
I'm a big Spider-Man fan and my favorite villian of his is the Green Goblin. My online name used to be greengoblin but I shortened it to goblin and added 981 to distinquish from any other goblin's out there. 981 is from my d.o.b. I'll let you guess what exactly it is. So pretty simple.

Zyden
6th May 2006, 14:31
My name comes from a game i *fingers crossed* intend to make for the ps3 (or watevers out) when i'm older. Anyway a Zyden is a person (new one chosen when the previous Zyden dies) who can transform into 12 animals based on the english zodiac and has to protect the universe.