PDA

View Full Version : do you think the LOK games should have more fmv's?

NosgothicGod
8th Jul 2002, 03:35
i think they should i mean wouldn't it have been cool if like when kain broke the reaver on raziel in sr1, they would have make a great cool looking fmv, or like when you're being chase by dumah and you finally burn him down, how cool would have been if it was an fmv there, or if they we're gonna make that weak ending in sr2 ( i still liked it ) at least they should have put a cool fmv there, i don't know it's just my opinion and i think the LOK series would be more awesome whit more fmv's, what cool moments on the LOK games do you think deserve a bad *** fmv.

Umah Bloodomen
8th Jul 2002, 03:41
Don't get me wrong, I mean the FMV's "are" cool and everything, but we need to remember that the more information we try to cram into the game means more disk space we will take up. If the game is going to be 4 CD's with 3 being full FMV's, we might as well just issue a DVD collection with just the FMV's. :p

I am one who enjoys both the FMV's and the gameplay.
I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves and go overboard. I am sure there are plenty of people here who would contribute by purchasing the DVD collection if it ever came out. ;)

Sean567012
8th Jul 2002, 04:42
Well at least the fmv's the games have are good

Rook
8th Jul 2002, 05:32
I kind of appreciate the FMVs more for their rarity. I do hope that the end battle of SR2 is redone as an opening FMV for SR3. I know I keep saying that, but it would be absolutely glorious! :cool:

Embla
8th Jul 2002, 09:16
I agree with you completely Rook. That would really be something!!

crispy
8th Jul 2002, 11:21
I'd love to see the game as a DVD-Rom... much more room for lot of FMV... more the better...

that way, the story can be told more accurately and in more detail...

just my personal view..

Time Streamer
8th Jul 2002, 18:29
If they keep the level of FMV's same, that's okay. But few extra FMV's in certain major places wouldn't be bad. In the case of SR3, I hope Crystal makes a grand and fulfilling endgame FMV to wrap up the story.

chuffy
8th Jul 2002, 21:27
i like FMVs who doesn't? But the graphics during in-game-play are quite stunning. From the lip-sync to the walking movements. Plus with the story so engrousing, i think that too many FMVs would bring me out of the game alittle. Like if was stopping and starting. I wanna play the game, not spend half the time watching it. :)
and i love the ending of SR2 LOVE it. can't stress that enough.

chuffy

NosgothicGod
8th Jul 2002, 21:50
yeah i mean there doesn't have to be a lot of fmv's but just a few for some major parts of the games, that could make them even more memorable.

Azuriel
8th Jul 2002, 22:15
like the dark diary in BO1?

hm....

it would devour disk space so quick, Raziel would be jealous.

Power reaver
9th Jul 2002, 12:13
Nice idea Az (I mean the old post count)

About the FMVs , probably a good idea for SR1 but not needed in SR2 and SR3 .(although I would love to see the final SR2 battle in FMV)

blincoln
9th Jul 2002, 18:11
I vastly prefer having the in-game movies done with the game engine. It means there can be more of them, and it doesn't break up the gameplay. I always thought it was kind of jarring how when you visit the Chronoplast windows in SR1 the game has to shift to video-playback mode and then back for each one. On my old PC it flipped back and forth in windows and broke up the immersion factor.
I think FMVs work well in games like Diablo II, because they're used as bookends for the chapters, but LoK isn't structured that way.
Also, like Umah said, I would rather the game fit on one disc. I hate swapping.

Serul
9th Jul 2002, 20:04
Well they did fit all those FMVs on one DVD-ROM with FFX. But I agree with Blincoln that it would just break up the "flow" of the game too much. Multiple FMVs work for some games, and for some games it doesn't.

I would like to see a grand FMV ending with SR3 though, but I wouldn't be unhappy if there eventually won't be one.