PDA

View Full Version : I am jealous.......

laranur
7th Jul 2002, 21:48
I am jelaous of people who are playing customs levels. I am a play station user and I played all TR series with it. I do not have a computer and CDs at home (I mean computer cds)

In old forum, some people told me that in order to play customs levels I should have a TRC CD for computer including Level Editor but I do not have :(
I am asking to authors that is there any possibility to download the Level editor program for playing customs levels besides TRC CD?

I mean forexample in LCO site or somewhere else or could you create one?

I do not know if someone else has this kind of problem but I want to play customs levels.

Could you do a favor for play station users?

Thanks for help (to everybody who interest)

:( :( :( :( :(

Wee Bald Man
7th Jul 2002, 22:14
Hi laranur,

Unfortunately the code for the level editor is different from that used by a PlayStation so it is only possible to play custom levels on a PC.

It's worth getting a PC just to play all the custom levels that have been made. :)

WBM

P.S. If I've misunderstood your request: It is illegal to download the Level Editor - just buy the TRC CD and save yourself the hassle.

laranur
7th Jul 2002, 22:26
Originally posted by Wee Bald Man
Hi laranur,

Unfortunately the code for the level editor is different from that used by a PlayStation so it is only possible to play custom levels on a PC.

It's worth getting a PC just to play all the custom levels that have been made. :)

WBM

P.S. If I've misunderstood your request: It is illegal to download the Level Editor - just buy the TRC CD and save yourself the hassle.

thanks for your answer but I meant I will play on a pc and ofcourse I would like to download it leggal if I could not explain myself sorry:o

Wee Bald Man
7th Jul 2002, 22:34
No worries. :)

If you have any problem buying TRC where you are, you can try getting it from eBay - many people sell to international customers.

WBM

Mgardiner
8th Jul 2002, 02:43
Or you can cheat and download the times exclusive level lol....you can then re-name the times level and download a custom level and rename it to what the times level was lol...You can then play custom levels without sound! yay but hey, atleast you can play them:D

laranur
8th Jul 2002, 20:39
Originally posted by Mgardiner
Or you can cheat and download the times exclusive level lol....you can then re-name the times level and download a custom level and rename it to what the times level was lol...You can then play custom levels without sound! yay but hey, atleast you can play them:D

hey, thanks Mgardiner but could you please explain more specific how/where can I do this? :( I do not know technical things about the computer so I need the details how/where can I do this if I am not disturb you and if you have a time can you explain me step by step :(

Thank you very much for your help and cooperation.;)

Mgardiner
8th Jul 2002, 20:59
Step 1: Go Here, http://tombraiders.net/stella/downloads.html#demos

Step 2: Install The Times Exclusive Level

Step 3: (This is the tricky one, well kinda) Find a Custom level that is in .tr4 (already compiled)

Step 4: Go into the directory where you installed the Time Levels. Look for the file (something like, times.tr4) rename it to BackUpTimes.tr4.

Step 5: Go to the directory where you downloaded the custom level. Unzip it and go into the folder. Rename the custom level (eg: mylevel.tr4) to times.tr4

Step 6: Place the new times.tr4 into your times level directory where you found the original. Start the Times Exclusive Level and have fun!

P.S Please buy the PC Version on TRC so you can actually make your own levels and play the ones that arent in .tr4 Not everyone puts them in .tr4

LarzBritsh
8th Jul 2002, 21:23
Playing custom levels using the Times level really ruins the atmosphere:

1. no sound
2. wrong music playing in background
3. cannot get mirrors or any scripted things to work correctly
4. puzzles cannot work correctly.
5. You won't get sun flare or young lara etc.

I recommend buying TRC off eBay or Amazon.com

Driber
9th Jul 2002, 15:20
yeah what Larz said

you can get it really cheap nowadays (you can get an original copy for just 20 bucks at Amazone.com) and it saves you a lot of hassle and frustration

have a look here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/videogames/B00004WI4E/qid=1026227811/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-7878275-3899240)