PDA

View Full Version : I hate so many things about this game

semajmarc87
22nd Jul 2016, 04:39
I hate so much about this game.

- The generic bland soundtrack. Not having Jesper Kyd do the soundtrack of this game ruins it.

- The Absolution-style arrow and swoosh sound detection stuff. Just bring back the suspicion meter from the first four games.

- The Assassin's Creed-style outlines of anything you can interact with.

- The Metal Gear Solid-style exclamation marks and other icons over people's heads.

- The whole "enforcer" system is unimaginably poorly thought out and unrealistic. Totally breaks immersion to worry about a dude with a dot over his head. And if you turn it off, then the game is unplayable.

- Everybody has American accents in all maps. Are you devs really that clueless and lazy?

- Dianna spells everything out for you all the time. Are we expected to believe that she always knows precisely what Agent 47 is looking at all the time?

- Agent 47 looks like a Calvin Klein model. Not intimidating at all.

- The online-always garbage. Totally unacceptable.

- Even the name of this game is horrible. [CAPS LOCK] HITMAN. You said you did that to prove it's a real Hitman game. I suppose you couldn't have proven it was a real Hitman game by actually making a real Hitman game. Give the game a real name.

JDMHatch_G
22nd Jul 2016, 12:11
Why not offer some constructive criticism? Or some of your own ideas on how things could be better? Instead of just saying what you hate about it.

Doesn't give them a lot to work with if you're hoping for things to improve...

doom-generation
22nd Jul 2016, 15:28

- The generic bland soundtrack. Not having Jesper Kyd do the soundtrack of this game ruins it.

I mean, that's your opinion and all, but I think the music has been pretty good so far, considering the tone of the game.

Just bring back the suspicion meter from the first four games.

God no. Hate those things.

This isn't the PS2, or even the PS3, where a usable object would stick out like a sore thumb, this is a game-world with all the detail we've come to expect of a game in 2016. You wouldn't necessarily spot the wrench if you didn't have some way to differentiate it from the background detail.

- The whole "enforcer" system is unimaginably poorly thought out and unrealistic. Totally breaks immersion to worry about a dude with a dot over his head. And if you turn it off, then the game is unplayable.

I think the enforcer system is the single best disguise/detection system the series has ever had. A great balance between gameplay and realism.

- Everybody has American accents in all maps. Are you devs really that clueless and lazy?

If you really think it's either of the reasons you mentioned, you are the clueless one, sir.

Doesn't look intimidating at all? I guess that would make him, oh I dunno... a great assassin?

Totally necessary, actually, for the things that people are actually enjoying, like the Elusive Targets, to work.

jimbianco
22nd Jul 2016, 17:26

- The Absolution-style arrow and swoosh sound detection stuff. Just bring back the suspicion meter from the first four games.

- The Metal Gear Solid-style exclamation marks and other icons over people's heads.

- Dianna spells everything out for you all the time. Are we expected to believe that she always knows precisely what Agent 47 is looking at all the time?

this argument is soooooo 5 months ago! It's all been brought up thousands of times... The enforcer system is one of the better things about the game!

semajmarc87
22nd Jul 2016, 20:02
this argument is soooooo 5 months ago! It's all been brought up thousands of times...

Well, the devs obviously haven't done anything about it. I doubt they ever will, but oh well.

The enforcer system is one of the better things about the game!

I think the enforcer system is a good thing. It was just implemented horribly and unrealistically. If they wanted to have it so the superiors know who everyone is better, make them have clothing/badges/etc that makes them look higher ranking. That's realistic. Having them look exactly the same as their subordinates except for a floating dot over there head is lazy, dumb and unrealistic.

semajmarc87
22nd Jul 2016, 20:08
God no. Hate those things.

I know. Because you hate the first four games and can't be taken seriously.

If you really think it's either of the reasons you mentioned, you are the clueless one, sir.

Then what's the reason? Let me hear this wonderful excuse... I mean reason.

Doesn't look intimidating at all? I guess that would make him, oh I dunno... a great assassin?

That made no sense whatsoever. Agent 47 is supposed to look like Agent 47 aka intimidating and cold. Not like a feminine pretty Calvin Klein model. I know you wouldn't know that since you never played the first four games.

doom-generation
23rd Jul 2016, 15:56
I know. Because you hate the first four games and can't be taken seriously.

I don't know where you get that idea from; I love the first four games.

Then what's the reason? Let me hear this wonderful excuse... I mean reason.

It's money. We can only imagine how much it would cost to hire multiple voice actors speaking in French, Italian, Arabic, Thai and Japanese, to cover to non-English speaking locations. Even if you don't use the languages and have them speak English with an accent, you still have to hire people who can convincingly do it, because a bad accent would be just as offputting as all the American English being spoken.

That made no sense whatsoever. Agent 47 is supposed to look like Agent 47 aka intimidating and cold. Not like a feminine pretty Calvin Klein model. I know you wouldn't know that since you never played the first four games.

So is it that I hate the first four games, or that I haven't played them? Make your mind up. Also, no, 47 is not "supposed" to look intimidating at all. With a mix of Central European, Russian, Chinese and Colombian DNA, he is meant to be able to fit in, not stand out. So yeah, it makes perfect sense, actually.

jimbianco
24th Jul 2016, 22:33
Even if you don't use the languages and have them speak English with an accent, you still have to hire people who can convincingly do it, because a bad accent would be just as offputting as all the American English being spoken.

don't agree at all. They already have Kimmett the frog doing Italian accent as the street performer, and other American actors doing accents mixed in Marrakesh. Kimmett also did the over the top French accent for the Forger, but it worked. I'd rather have fake accents than Malibu stoner English

doom-generation
25th Jul 2016, 19:48
don't agree at all. They already have Kimmett the frog doing Italian accent as the street performer, and other American actors doing accents mixed in Marrakesh. Kimmett also did the over the top French accent for the Forger, but it worked. I'd rather have fake accents than Malibu stoner English

For every single NPC? Not for me, I'd rather have the straight up English than bad foreign accents.

Thirty_Helens_Agree
1st Aug 2016, 08:18
I hope this is a general gripe-thread. I do not hate this game but I miss the monetary system used in "Blood Money." Maybe I am showing my age but earning "trophies" carries no satisfaction for me. Cripes, but you earn those for the simplest of tasks. However, using my earnings from each contract to upgrade my weaponry (or bribe witnesses) made the contracts feel more personal and real.

As to the subject of languages: yes, something is missing when you are not surrounded by foreign languages. The earlier Hitman games gave a real flavor for the exotic locations... sometimes, Diana presented the only English we encountered. The player really felt immersed in the culture of each locale. But this game has added a new dynamic: "Opportunities."

These opportunities would play out very poorly if the player cannot understand the language being spoken. I understand why this game is all in one language. I will admit that the acting is uneven. Some voices are well delivered and others are terrible (Silvio Curiso being one of the worst). But almost all games endure bad voice acting and I am forgiving.

Thirty_Helens_Agree
1st Aug 2016, 08:51
Are we expected to believe that she always knows precisely what Agent 47 is looking at all the time?
Actually, yes. Since the second game, my impression is that Diana was always over my shoulder during the contracts. She has broken in at least once in each game, inside the mission, with new intelligence. She had to be monitoring us to do that. The thermal imaging-GPS map (used in the first 4 games) was fed to 47 by the ICA. In other words, Diana was looking at the same map the player was as the contract unfolded.

True, she is more prevalent in this game but it does not feel incongruous to me. Actually, since I adore Diana, it feels good to hear her cut in with victim identification and in-contract intelligence. I also like her congratulating me after I complete some task.