PDA

View Full Version : Best movie you've seen so far?

mrdefender
7th Jul 2002, 20:48
Whats the best movie you've seen so far? (of 2002)

(im also trying to figgure out how to poll)

mrdefender
7th Jul 2002, 20:54
Hmm... I cant seem to edit my own poll... :confused:

I voted for Episode 2 but I wanted to vote for Spider-man aswell..

Yoda rocks in episode 2 and spider-man is well.. it was a hell of a movie! both we're very well done.

So both get 100% from me.. (but poll only allows 1 vote :( )

MAGGIE
7th Jul 2002, 21:26
LOL Mrdefender, only one vote allowed I am afraid. :D

Moderators and administrators are the only ones who can edit a poll.....

Oh, thats me. :D

mrdefender
7th Jul 2002, 22:04
i cant wait to see what will hapen in episode 3.

well... anakin will fall to the dark side. thats a gimme.

ICEBreaker
8th Jul 2002, 04:45
I can't vote until I have seen SW2 and MIIB. It will be between those two though.

mrdefender
8th Jul 2002, 06:03
OOH! I just thought of another thing you lear at the movies!!

A wave of good movies for everyone to enjoy comes out every 2 years.. (last year movies was "ok" but this year is practicly all highly anticipated sequels and movies). Hapens alot.

MunkeeChum
8th Jul 2002, 13:17
Episode II rocks!!

*uses Jedi Mind Trick and waves hand slowly in front of everyones faces

Episode II is the best film this year, no film is better.

hehe...

ICEBreaker
8th Jul 2002, 15:50
That trick only works on the feeble minded. It won't work on intelligent people like us. I feel drowsy... Yeah, Episode II is the best film this year... no film is better...

mrdefender
8th Jul 2002, 17:33
I'm still 50/50 with spider-man and episode 2. Both were good and funny.

Ofcourse, both movies had "obvious" stuff in it..

Spider-man has the obvious secret identity of norman osborne
Episode 2 has the anakin turns bad scenes...

Episode 3 will either have Darth Vader in it or will show something that the audience can go "Oh! So thats what turned him to the dark side" with music from return of the empire...

Horror movies... well... You know something will happen when spooky music comes ...

MunkeeChum
8th Jul 2002, 19:48
Originally posted by mrdefender
Horror movies... well... You know something will happen when spooky music comes ...

That is so true. Thats why I always mute the TV when i am watching a scary video :)

mrdefender
8th Jul 2002, 19:57
doesnt that sorta.. ruin the fun & mood?

well.. i guess if u know its comming it could still ruin fun & mood.

I don't really watch scary movies. They're all basicly the same thing.

1 wacko who wasn't treated right goes on a killing spree and blames the whole world.

MunkeeChum
8th Jul 2002, 20:04
Well i dont do it very often, and most of the time i cant actually turn the volume down; the other people watching would get annoyed :p

mrdefender
8th Jul 2002, 20:10
hehe. I know the feeling. I constantly lower my sister's radio volume. It's always too loud. Hell The neighbours can hear it as if they were sitting right here with us..

we're in an appartment building so it is really THAT loud... (as if we were living in seperate houses and then the neighbours would hear us...)

Goku Noble Warrior
9th Jul 2002, 22:26
I voted Star Wars episode 2. I saw Spiderman, While it was very good, I thought they messed up the storyline too much. People disagree with me, but I've been a hardcore fan of comics for many years, and the storyline was off by too much. X-men messed up the storyline a little, but overall the movie rocked, Spiderman however really messed up the storyline to much. I'll probably end up buying the movie when it comes out, but I cant emphasize how much the storyline got butchered.

I have yet to see Scooby Doo or MIIB. If you want another good movie to go see, check out WindTalker, its a good movie.

mrdefender
9th Jul 2002, 22:49
really? I also followed comic books and enjoyed the movie.

But I noticed that alot of movies based on stories dont quite follow every detail..

Goku Noble Warrior
9th Jul 2002, 23:15
yeah, its impossible to make a movie exact to the comics and storylines, especially since storylines take many years, but a movie is only 1-2 hours long. but in the case of Spiderman, I just dont like how far they went.

*spoilers for those who havent read the spiderman comic book storyline*
First off, Spiderman doesnt shoot webing from his wrisits, in the storyline he is a genuise, while he did have the other abilities, IE: climbing walls, jumping higher, quicker reflexes, much increased strength etc etc, he had to develop special cartridges using a forumla which he strapped to his wrists, and these catridges shoot out the webbing. I also didnt like how the movie made it seem like that was the first and last battle with the green goblin Spidey ever had, in fact he had many dealings with the green Goblin beforehand. Not to mention it made it seem as though Mary Jane Watson was the only love interest in Peters life. Actually there was a girl before Mary Jane that Peter loved first. Gwen Stacy, in fact Gwen Stacy was killed via drowning as a result of a major battle between Spiderman and the Green Goblin. This led to the major hatred and tension between Green Goblin and Spiderman, and really wore on Peters conscience especially since he had a part in Gwens death.
*end spoilers*
There was so much to the spiderman storyline that just got cut out in the movie, I really feel they should have made the movie focusing on Gwen Stacy and done his battle with the Green Goblin through that route, the movie is just to screwed up compared to the storyline.

mrdefender
9th Jul 2002, 23:59
organic webbing is one of the major arugments in the official forums (member forums of spider-man movie).

I wonder if this will be changed in the sequel :-/