PDA

View Full Version : Lara's House in AOD

Aquarius
7th Jul 2002, 20:34
Once in for all, let's see how many people want to see Lara's house again in AOD, or in other future TRs, if it's not in AOD.

thanhkim
8th Jul 2002, 12:07
Lara needs a house to put her clothes in dry her hair and shower at eat. hmmm even in a virtual world.

eTux
8th Jul 2002, 12:56
Maybe as a flashback level, but it would definetly ruin a lot from the story if it was real part from the game (that is is it's something familiar from what we saw before)

Jamie85
8th Jul 2002, 15:31
I don't think he means in the game. He means outside of the game, as an option in the main screen like in TR1,2 and 3.

tigergal
8th Jul 2002, 15:55
I always liked Lara's Home and I hope they put it in AOD as a training level.

Aquarius
8th Jul 2002, 18:35
Originally posted by Jamie85
I don't think he means in the game. He means outside of the game, as an option in the main screen like in TR1,2 and 3.

I think it'd work better that way. It really wouldn't make sense if it were a training area on the first level, like in Chronicles. The 'classic' Lara's Home would be great, with the snapshot thing in the main screen.

Does anyone else not care for the moving screen that replaced the Title screen?

snickrep2002
8th Jul 2002, 18:40
I don't really care which one there is. Although the still screens from tr1,tr2, and tr3 are classic and I miss them. I miss seeing the walkman thing,lara's sun glasses, and the home photo.

EddyBones
9th Jul 2002, 00:56
If you really want it, just go play the old games. There's not much they can do to it to make it better now, anyway. So just leave it out.

Aquarius
9th Jul 2002, 01:11
The house and the property can always be made so much better. More 'land' was added in TR3, for the Quad bike, and the Assault course became longer. Training on the assault course is so much better than the 'Backstage' training area in TRC. At least on the assault course, you have to be quick, and that really helps you when you're between a rock and a hard place.

the_internet_king
9th Jul 2002, 18:16
mabey at the end of the game or somthin u unlock the house becouse she buys a new 1 or her old 1 back???????? (??:( )

Jadetale
9th Jul 2002, 19:14
I think a training course is DEFINETELY something they need to put in AOD. I mean, Lara now has 180 moves!!

Jadetale
9th Jul 2002, 19:17
Originally posted by Aquarius

I think it'd work better that way. It really wouldn't make sense if it were a training area on the first level, like in Chronicles. The 'classic' Lara's Home would be great, with the snapshot thing in the main screen.

Does anyone else not care for the moving screen that replaced the Title screen?

OOH OOH, ME!!!! ME!!!!!!!:D :mad:
That drove me crazy!! And, I liked the classic ring inventory better than the combining items one. I guess I'm just to lazy to like that format of inventory...

tomb_raiding
9th Jul 2002, 21:21
I don't think there is going to be Lara's home in AOD, but I wish there is !:o

cowboy from hell
9th Jul 2002, 22:12
It won't bother me if they put the house in AOD or not. But do you guys remember the hidden trailer feature of AOD at the end of the Chronicles game (It was called "Next Generation" then)? It actually shows Lara (as she looks in AOD) leaving her home and there being several baddies waiting outside for her. This idea may now have been scrapped, that was a long time ago. I accessed that feature just today for the heck of it. Later!

Aquarius
10th Jul 2002, 00:32
It probably was thrown out considering the storyline.

I just want to go back to the house! :D I always loved waiting for the next game to what new part of her house there was going to be to explore. :)

snickrep2002
10th Jul 2002, 03:45
Originally posted by cowboy from hell
It won't bother me if they put the house in AOD or not. But do you guys remember the hidden trailer feature of AOD at the end of the Chronicles game (It was called "Next Generation" then)? It actually shows Lara (as she looks in AOD) leaving her home and there being several baddies waiting outside for her. This idea may now have been scrapped, that was a long time ago. I accessed that feature just today for the heck of it. Later!

I have chronicles for the PC and the trailer never came with it. I also have the american version, so thats why. But I actually have not seen this trailer, were can I find it. I have seen that old trailerwith lara running in paris and all these guys chasing her(lol)
But I bet that is not the trailer you are talking about.

rimfire
10th Jul 2002, 04:46
I mean, Lara now has 180 moves!!
I don't think Chuck Norris has 180 moves. How do you deal with something like that? How do you find that many things to do? Ctrl-Alt-shift-F7 and Lara picks her nose?

FoxyKat
10th Jul 2002, 06:05
i liked the house a lot, with the training area, the secret rooms, and Assault course. I hated the last two ways they had training, going strait into the game like that, i mean you can hurt yourself in the training area and have to restart if you kill yourself. Believe me, i drove the bike off the course for fun in TR3, then off an edge, and it wasn't pretty. But on TR4, the last revelation, what the heck was up with that. My younger brother, a newbie to the TR world, he kept dieing trying to follow that old fart.

shanedj
10th Jul 2002, 10:30
I reckon lara shou,d move out of the house into an apartment overlooking the thames in london!

the house looks different in every different tombraider

the_internet_king
10th Jul 2002, 17:42
well woulnt an apartment b well a bit.........boring i mean u cant really put an assalt corse a maze/quad bike track in n apartment and there would be no need 4 the butler(:eek:) and i like the house she has in tr 1 2 + 3 mabey if there were some new rooms?? like a bigger basment orconservetry???????? o well i hope there is a house:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jadetale
10th Jul 2002, 17:57
Originally posted by rimfire

I don't think Chuck Norris has 180 moves. How do you deal with something like that? How do you find that many things to do? Ctrl-Alt-shift-F7 and Lara picks her nose?

Read the news at www.larainmotion.com. There's an article there explaining the new features of AOD.

Aquarius
10th Jul 2002, 19:12
Originally posted by snickrep2002
I have chronicles for the PC and the trailer never came with it. I also have the american version, so thats why. But I actually have not seen this trailer, were can I find it. I have seen that old trailerwith lara running in paris and all these guys chasing her(lol)
But I bet that is not the trailer you are talking about.

Question here!! Okay, cowboy from hell posted the original statement, and he's from Texas. So, is Texas not part of the US now?!?! LOL!!! :p

Jadetale
10th Jul 2002, 20:25
:D Last time I checked it was. Heh heh!!

Kurtis Trent
10th Jul 2002, 20:48
I hope they have it. I only have a demo of tr 2, the full thing of tr4 and 5, and they dont have her house in them. so i really want it in aod.

cowboy from hell
10th Jul 2002, 21:23
Originally posted by Jadetale
:D Last time I checked it was. Heh heh!!

You had to check?

Jadetale
10th Jul 2002, 22:39
Originally posted by cowboy from hell

You had to check?

It was only a joke.:rolleyes:

cowboy from hell
11th Jul 2002, 01:16
Originally posted by Jadetale

It was only a joke.:rolleyes:

I was only joking too! No harm, no foul.:D

cowboy from hell
11th Jul 2002, 17:26
Oh Jadetale I almost forgot about our location on our profiles. I'm just from Texas and your just from Utah!:D See ya later:)

Jadetale
11th Jul 2002, 23:10
Lol okay, cowboy. Laterz.
Yeah, I'm just getting to used to this whole new board thing. I came over from the SEGA.com boards, and I'll tell ya two words... "Sarcasm city". Yeah, I'm used to SEGA games. So don't make fun if I ask "What's 'Timesplitters' about?"

Lil Lara
12th Jul 2002, 00:13
heehehe.. Jedetale.. I don't know what it's about either! :D

rimfire
14th Jul 2002, 05:05
Read the news at www.larainmotion.com. There's an article there explaining the new features of AOD.

I just tried larainmotion.com and got this:

You are not authorized to view this page
Well, actually I first got a password page, then that. Does anyone have any idea why?

So, is Texas not part of the US now?!
Some say it's the other way around. :D

ibmot
14th Jul 2002, 09:06
I absolutely want Lara's house in AoD. Somethink like training in TR3.

dr.feever
14th Jul 2002, 19:38
I would like to see Lar's house in AOD as a training level, just like all of the other Tomb Raider Games. I think it would be quite usefull in learning how to use her new moves, rather then reading through a bunch of pages in a user manual. Spider-Man: The Movie, another popular game wher I live, came with not one, but a whole bunch of specialized training levels to learn his moves. Without it, I'd just keep dying, and I'd assume the same could happen with AOD if we try and learn all of Lara's new moves as we go along. As for in the game, doesn't the game start with Lara recieving a phone call from Von Croy. She'd have to be at home for that I think.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly, but giant six armed statutes fall because of their gravity. :D

Kim's view
16th Jul 2002, 18:33
I miss not seeing the house any more so I think that they should put it in as a training level and she should be able to kill the butler, WAHOOO!
Yeah, it should definately stay, it is so confusing with training on other things, and at least in the game, you can always go back without starting the whole game again!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FoxyKat
16th Jul 2002, 21:15
Kim's view, i have to agree that Heath Ledger is hot.

Hopefully, they do have the house back, we just have to wait and see. I'll be mad if its not there again.

:mad:

zappmon
16th Jul 2002, 22:01
*Chanting* "We Want The House" "We Want The House" I love the house,It would be so cool if they brought it back as a training level again.I agree with what *dr.feever* said .She would have to be home to answer the phone.Wouldn't it be cool if you start out running around the house,jumping this,climbing that,shooting Wisnton....lol.Then at some point toward's the end of the training she hear's a phone begin to ring.You walk her up to it,push the action button.She answer's it.Then it cut's to an animation scene.And the game begin's.How cool would that be:D....Just a thought , You listening in Core ;)

Kristine@LIM
17th Jul 2002, 02:47
rimfire I don't know why you got that:( maybe if you try again it'll open for you??

http://www.larainmotion.com

dr.feever
20th Jul 2002, 22:56
Originally posted by zappmon...."Then at some point toward's the end of the training she hear's a phone begin to ring.You walk her up to it,push the action button.She answer's it.Then it cut's to an animation scene.And the game begin's.How cool would that be"

I totaly agree. That would be very cool. It is also similar to how Max Payne begins..running arround his house untill he gets to the phone...except you play the part after the phone call. It would be a perfect way to start the game, immediately drawing the player into the plot and game.

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly, but giant six armed statutes fall because of their gravity. :D

Jadetale
20th Jul 2002, 23:31

I just tried larainmotion.com and got this:

Well, actually I first got a password page, then that. Does anyone have any idea why?

It's probably because the owner is modifying the page. Probably adding even more pictures. :)
I hope they keep Lara's house around in AOD. I always like to see what new stuff they add in.

JohnnyZ
22nd Jul 2002, 22:33
I would love for a home level to be in AOD or future ones, as i love home levels so much that i even made 2 already with level editor!! lol

thanhkim
24th Jul 2002, 05:17

I don't think Chuck Norris has 180 moves. How do you deal with something like that? How do you find that many things to do? Ctrl-Alt-shift-F7 and Lara picks her nose? Hehehehehehehehehe that is a funny comment. Ctrl F 5 brush her hair Ctrl F6 braid the hair.

Jadetale
24th Jul 2002, 22:22
Ctrl + F7 + S= Lara puts on sunglasses
Ctrl + F10 + Y= Lara yawns
Ctrl + F6 + D= Lara twirls around in a break-dancing routine
Ctrl + F8 + T= Lara whips people with her ponytail
:p :D

the_internet_king
27th Jul 2002, 17:20
lol

ctrl + f4 + r+ shift........... game crashs get angry never play again lol:p

Nybis
2nd Aug 2002, 10:06
I would defiatly like to see Lara's home in AOD. It might not work with the story line, but I think they could put it in any way as a bonus level or something.
I have often used the house level to relax a bit when I run into difficulties in the game. It's a good place to get yout head together before trying again.