PDA

View Full Version : The Icon E3 footage misleading?

jimbianco
19th Jul 2016, 19:28
Haven't gone through all of The Icon yet, but at E3 , when talking to Torben , they showed 47 walking along beach area & upper entrance area of Sapienza with a sniper rifle. Well, these scenarios are not possible!!! Unless I'm missing something? Someone correct me. Also, is the lawyer's office still vacant? I roamed through there and still nothing.... I just knew the villa Caruso would be blocked off. Knew it!!! It's a constant swindle with this game as I am finding out...

Immadummee
19th Jul 2016, 19:49
I think it's time for you to move on to another game cuz it just gives you so much grief. The only one who suffers for this is you. Maybe try Pokemon Go? I dunno. At least I wouldn't waste my time with a game that gave me headaches this much. Heck, I traded in assassins creed unity after only a week cuz it was so bugged filled. I'm just not gonna waste my time and energy with something that has me complaining about it day in and day out.

Hope you're not losing sleep over this game.

jimbianco
19th Jul 2016, 20:42
I think it's time for you to move on to another game cuz it just gives you so much grief. The only one who suffers for this is you. Maybe try Pokemon Go? I dunno. At least I wouldn't waste my time with a game that gave me headaches this much. Heck, I traded in assassins creed unity after only a week cuz it was so bugged filled. I'm just not gonna waste my time and energy with something that has me complaining about it day in and day out.

so I can't have an opinion? I don't play other games. This series is it for me. I'm no Hitman noob, and have played since Silent Assassin. It's apparent you have no problem being lied to and screwed over by IOI, so go ahead. Pokemon GO? Don't even ******* know what that is,don't care Maybe that's your age group, not mine. It's our "complaining" that leads to eventual changes in the game. Being episodic, we have the chance to suggest changes to improve the game (as opposed to the game being on disc and done with), so I'm taking every chance to "complain". Don't read my posts if you don't want to "waste your time & energy". bye

Blaeys
19th Jul 2016, 20:46
Ive seen this raised a few times, and here is why I don't have an issue with it -

The Icon mission reminded, probably more than anything weve gotten to date, of the old Hitman missions from the first few games. It was focused, contained and had a lot of character. I like that they spent their energy on creating that rather than worrying about the incidental locations that we already have from the actual story locations. And yes, it would have taken some developmental work to include those - developmental work I would rather see them put into the actual mission area.

It bodes well for the future of the game if they can (relatively) quickly adapt part of an existing map into one of these scenarios.

Immadummee
19th Jul 2016, 21:09
so I can't have an opinion? I don't play other games. This series is it for me. I'm no Hitman noob, and have played since Silent Assassin. It's apparent you have no problem being lied to and screwed over by IOI, so go ahead. Pokemon GO? Don't even ******* know what that is,don't care Maybe that's your age group, not mine. It's our "complaining" that leads to eventual changes in the game. Being episodic, we have the chance to suggest changes to improve the game (as opposed to the game being on disc and done with), so I'm taking every chance to "complain". Don't read my posts if you don't want to "waste your time & energy". bye

The thing is, you take things too literal. Things change. New ideas pop up. Different paths are taken. It happens in video game development, movies, music... Stop reading into every little molecule with this game and you'll enjoy it more. There's nothing wrong with complaining, as long as it's done positively and constructively. In no way is this thread either of these two things. How is "being constantly lied to" and "it's a constant swindle with this game" gonna help the game? They just look at you like a child holding their breath until you get what you get.

And who cares since when you've been playing but for the record, I've played the orginsl Hitman game when it came out but what does that prove? I've been playing video games since Atari. What does that prove? Nothing. No idea why you even brought that up. And you don't know what Pokemon Go is?? I don't believe that at all. Even though I hate that to the core, it's all over Internet, tv and everywhere else. But I digress.

All I'm saying, if you wanna complain, do it the right way.

JimC22
19th Jul 2016, 22:55
Accepting this game without complaint is daft- you only get changes if you do complain, and it doesn't necessarily matter what individual IOI employees 'think' of complainers- it's their company losing money due to putting out a sad limp of a game and then consistently failing to make any satisfactory changes. This is the only game that I have seen counter staff warning customers not to buy in years. I'd not tell someone not to buy it, but I'd give them an unvarnished view of it.

Whether he should stop playing it or not I don't know, but NOT complaining is the same as satisfaction to a business, and to some extent justifies future product being of a similar low quality because that model 'works' in terms of separating people from their money. Somewhat harder to do that when responses range from anger to demands for refunds to eloquent complaints and, probably most humiliating for IOI, the question over whether they're ashamed of this. Probably time for them to leave Hitman alone and not make any more Hitman games after this one has finished darkening the door.

Immadummee
20th Jul 2016, 01:42
Accepting this game without complaint is daft- you only get changes if you do complain, and it doesn't necessarily matter what individual IOI employees 'think' of complainers- it's their company losing money due to putting out a sad limp of a game and then consistently failing to make any satisfactory changes. This is the only game that I have seen counter staff warning customers not to buy in years. I'd not tell someone not to buy it, but I'd give them an unvarnished view of it.

Whether he should stop playing it or not I don't know, but NOT complaining is the same as satisfaction to a business, and to some extent justifies future product being of a similar low quality because that model 'works' in terms of separating people from their money. Somewhat harder to do that when responses range from anger to demands for refunds to eloquent complaints and, probably most humiliating for IOI, the question over whether they're ashamed of this. Probably time for them to leave Hitman alone and not make any more Hitman games after this one has finished darkening the door.

Did you even read everything I said? Cuz clearly you didn't. O.o

Swixel
20th Jul 2016, 03:19

I think the point is that he should be asking why some of the changes were made, rather than just jumping to "they are the evil". I believe what's being suggested is he aims for what you call "eloquent complaints" (constructive criticism), rather than just anger or rage-based responses. Nobody is denying the game has issues; it's how you address them that changes how people respond to your complaint.

Limiting the playable area in Sapienza seems a bit weird, but at the same time I can think of a few reasons to block certain places that were shown. The mission itself is already fairly easy, but that's neither here nor there if those areas made it easier.

As has been said, games evolve, and it's more than likely they redesigned part of the level to stop certain subsets of the game from just abusing parts of it.

jimbianco
20th Jul 2016, 04:47
And yes, it would have taken some developmental work to include those - developmental work I would rather see them put into the actual mission area.

they showed it at E3 ! I suspect they wanted to con the players into thinking the mission was spread out to a wider area. At this point, I wouldn't put it past them.It's not like E3 was months ago. Torben flat out lied to the interviewer when he asked "Is that Dino Bosco without his costume?" Torben-"Yes", when it's not Bosco , it's the bearded guy behind the camera. It's just really fishy. Where is the Sapienza concert leaked photo that we saw? Maybe bonus mission 3 is in Sapienza also instead of Paris? Who knows, it will probably change 10 times before it's out.

Swixel
20th Jul 2016, 05:19
they showed it at E3 ! I suspect they wanted to con the players into thinking the mission was spread out to a wider area. At this point, I wouldn't put it past them.It's not like E3 was months ago. Torben flat out lied to the interviewer when he asked "Is that Dino Bosco without his costume?" Torben-"Yes", when it's not Bosco , it's the bearded guy behind the camera. It's just really fishy. Where is the Sapienza concert leaked photo that we saw? Maybe bonus mission 3 is in Sapienza also instead of Paris? Who knows, it will probably change 10 times before it's out.

Nothing rules out an Elusive Target using more of the map (or other parts), or changing it mildly. We might also get a map update when the final thing drops for everyone -- we just don't know. But seriously, getting worked up over something like this is pointless. I don't see it as a con, I see it as them wanting to show off parts of the level to give an idea of it being at night without giving away the paths (as it's very small).

Immadummee
20th Jul 2016, 05:22
I think the point is that he should be asking why some of the changes were made, rather than just jumping to "they are the evil". I believe what's being suggested is he aims for what you call "eloquent complaints" (constructive criticism), rather than just anger or rage-based responses. Nobody is denying the game has issues; it's how you address them that changes how people respond to your complaint.

Limiting the playable area in Sapienza seems a bit weird, but at the same time I can think of a few reasons to block certain places that were shown. The mission itself is already fairly easy, but that's neither here nor there if those areas made it easier.

As has been said, games evolve, and it's more than likely they redesigned part of the level to stop certain subsets of the game from just abusing parts of it.

This guy gets it. Thank you. I knew I wasn't that confusing.

Puiu13
20th Jul 2016, 21:59
The only one who suffers for this is you.
No, he is not the only one, this things bothers me too, i don't like being lied, cause that's what IOI/SE are constantly doing since day one.

There's nothing wrong with complaining, as long as it's done positively and constructively.

Funny you say that...i thing you should go back and read your older posts...

I've been playing video games since Atari.

I doubt that, my guess is that you're not older than 14 years.

Immadummee
21st Jul 2016, 00:41
No, he is not the only one, this things bothers me too, i don't like being lied, cause that's what IOI/SE are constantly doing since day one.

Funny you say that...i thing you should go back and read your older posts...

I doubt that, my guess is that you're not older than 14 years.

Ok let me explain it a bit easier for you. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough to confuse a couple few peepull.

1- when I say he is the only one, I meant that in a direct manner. Meaning his complaining only affects him from him to him. If he stops playing, it saves him headaches. Of course there's other people but I was talking about specifically him and HIS feelings. Not anyone else's.

2- I did go back and saw many of many threads. But let me explain to you since you got confused. I talked about the game, complained about it, showed videos of the problem and never once said IOI/SE is evil or Hitman sucks. I have my reasons. How it could be improved. What I would do with it. Questioned game design. But again, all positively and constructively. If you wanna get specific, please do so, I don't mind explaining it.

3- guess again. You're WAY off. :)

JDMHatch_G
21st Jul 2016, 09:59
For a guy called Immadummee, you talk a lot of sense.

*Cue Husky Meme*