PDA

View Full Version : Best & Worst Hitman ever!

rzastavros
18th Jul 2016, 00:16
Hi everyone,

I saw the Hitman Trailer 2 days after it hit the web, I waited for a release date, I pre-ordered it, I waited until December, just to find out that it was delayed, I waited until March 2016, then I stayed up and waited until my PS4 finished the download, I started playing, finished everything in 2 days, I saw every corner of the map, minimum 10 times.It was brilliant !

In them 2 days, I was constantly trying to avoid visual contact with all the "spoilers" in the game menu. This is not a sand box game...The mistery was spoiled the second all them "methods" or "to do lists" have been represented.The game didn`t let us discover all these assassination opportunities, but provided them without any option to conceal them.

I am a really patient man, however I didn`t play Hitman after them 2 days. I have decided that I`m going to wait until all the episodes are available and we have an official announcement that we have everything we payed for.

The Conclusion:

I love Hitman, always did, always will. I would pay £100 for it, but I would rather wait another full year and have a full game available, than this episodic ****** ** up method of releasing a game. It`s really ***** up.

Everyone knows that gamers don`t have patience to wait for products, this is ****** torture. Whoever came up with the idea of episodic releases for Hitman, doesn`t understand what a masterpiece Hitman is and what represents. They should trow in the towel and go work for McDonalds or something.

Thanks for reading.

jimbianco
18th Jul 2016, 03:05
This game is FAR from being the best at this point. Has huge potential, but there way too many problems with it right now. Bug infested , basic features missing, always online nonsense, AI all over the place, and the most confusing mess of a release plan in the history of video games. Still, depending on how much is fixed, tweaked it has great potential.
also, I can't believe how many things were shown in the trailers for this game, and then changed upon release. Go watch the Sapienza trailer again.

Immadummee
18th Jul 2016, 11:59
This game is FAR from being the best at this point. Has huge potential, but there way too many problems with it right now. Bug infested , basic features missing, always online nonsense, AI all over the place, and the most confusing mess of a release plan in the history of video games. Still, depending on how much is fixed, tweaked it has great potential.
also, I can't believe how many things were shown in the trailers for this game, and then changed upon release. Go watch the Sapienza trailer again.

How can you say it is "far" from the best? Considering the take on the communities feelings about Absoution, this is far better than any Hitman game ever made. What was better, blood money? That game is complete trash. Maybe in the day is was awesome, but comparing it to Hitman 6 is a joke. The game mechanics in BM are atrocious. The auto climbing really has me pulling my hair at times.

The thing is, I now understand why the hardcore community would think that BM would be the best as it did have a lot of hardcore features about it like the blood trails and suitcase but other than that, the game was garbage and cheesy. I'm sure nostalgia is the only reason why they think this. Go play it now and see how bad it is.

So ya, there might be a lot of bugs and glitches that have you wanna throw your controller at the tv, but all in all, overall, the game is amazing. Yes it has way more potential than it could have, but again, no other Hitman game has you so immersed to being a Hitman than Hitman 6.

And like I said, if you disagree, go play BM again and see how bad it is.

EDIT: I just watched the Sapienza trailer. What was "changed" from there? Cuz all I saw was everything that could be done in the game now. The only thing I'm not sure of that if you could do it or not is climbing that "clock tower." But that's it. Care to explain what you think was changed?

jimbianco
18th Jul 2016, 16:09
"immersed"??? Hitman 6? Not even close. What game are you playing to thing that this ALL AMERICAN world traveling Hitman has any immersion? Also, I suggest you go back and watch the Sapienza trailer again. Sniping Silvio from clock tower-NO. Silvio in Graveyard-NO. Silvio on balcony as 47 is on roof with knife-NO. And where is that sniper rifle?-NOWHERE. Silvio goes nowhere near that porch area where DeSantis hangs out or near graveyard. And you missed this? They even changed Silvio's whole look.

Immadummee
18th Jul 2016, 18:26
"immersed"??? Hitman 6? Not even close. What game are you playing to thing that this ALL AMERICAN world traveling Hitman has any immersion? Also, I suggest you go back and watch the Sapienza trailer again. Sniping Silvio from clock tower-NO. Silvio in Graveyard-NO. Silvio on balcony as 47 is on roof with knife-NO. And where is that sniper rifle?-NOWHERE. Silvio goes nowhere near that porch area where DeSantis hangs out or near graveyard. And you missed this? They even changed Silvio's whole look.

Well then I'm sorry you can't get into it like I do. I'm not going to nitpick little things from a trailer like his "path" or "sniping" and say I can't be immersed. You have to make YOUR OWN immersion. That's what this game gives you. You have to find it yourself. Does it have bugs? Of course. But what game doesn't? Heck I'm also playing the Witcher 3 right now and let me tell you that that game has bugs up to wazoo. And that game got game of the year for 2015. So ya, you just have to get around the little things and hope they get fixed instead of being so negative all the time. You're only ruining your own fun and not anyone else's.
That's just my perspective with playing any game.

So don't get confused with what I'm saying. I'm not saying accept the bugs and glitches, I'm saying to take them for what they are and hope they get fixed, move past it and look at the positives of this game. Cuz I've made threads of things that could be improved upon and it seems like they got fixed, especially the hit damage, specifically the silencer from a far with a head shot. So all I'm saying is the positive far outweigh the negatives but if it doesn't for you, why bother playing and even coming here? I wouldn't waste my time and energy with this game and/or forum for a game that bothers me that much.

Enjoy!!

semajmarc87
19th Jul 2016, 05:17
@Immadummee

Your name describes you well.

Immadummee
19th Jul 2016, 11:06
@Immadummee

Your name describes you well.

Thanks. Much appreciated. :)
Sorry you can't enjoy the game.

MalaysiaBear
20th Jul 2016, 09:01
Thanks. Much appreciated. :)
Sorry you can't enjoy the game.

Are you IO's B*tch?

I apologise but someone had to say it,the constant glorifying of this game is absolute cringe to me as it is far from what was promised and yet I see this one guy constantly praising the work of IO-I . The current state of Hitman 6 is not worth praising,I would say that Blood Money is CURRENTLY a better game. IO-I should have worked upon hitman blood money's features and expand it,which they have but many features from blood money is missing which makes this game feel unfinished?

Please don't kill me.

Immadummee
20th Jul 2016, 11:44
Are you IO's B*tch?

I apologise but someone had to say it,the constant glorifying of this game is absolute cringe to me as it is far from what was promised and yet I see this one guy constantly praising the work of IO-I . The current state of Hitman 6 is not worth praising,I would say that Blood Money is CURRENTLY a better game. IO-I should have worked upon hitman blood money's features and expand it,which they have but many features from blood money is missing which makes this game feel unfinished?

Please don't kill me.

Nope. I don't work for them. But since you're a "new player" on these forums, I'll tell you a couple few things.

A - click on my user name. Click view profile. Then on the left, the panel list, click on threads created. Then READ them and tell me if I'm praising them.

2 - if you read A, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

And D - there is a right way and a wrong way in criticizing the game. The "adult" way is how I posted my threads. It's constructive, positive and helps the game get better. The "childish" way is the way some guys do it. "This game sucks" or "they lied to us" or "it's just getting worse and worse as they swindle us in every way" DOES NOT help the game. How can anyone from IOI read that and say "oh this guy makes total sense. Our game does suck, but we have no idea in what way and how we could improve it for them. We'll just guess." Having little kid rage fits isn't doing anything positive for the game.

Like I said in another thread, complaining is fine, as long as it's done the right way. Is that so hard to understand?

Hope I didn't kill you.

MalaysiaBear
20th Jul 2016, 17:59
I may have misinterpreted some of your comments from other threads, as you do normally defend this "game".I guess I was TRIGGERED when you called Blood Money,complete trash :(.As Blood Money was at least more enjoyable than Hitman 6 as I find it unplayable, as it constantly stutters which made the game as bad as assassins creed unity at launch!

I'm pretty heated cause I cant refund my full experience...

P.S Running the game with GIGABYTE GTX 1070,i7 4770k,8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM...I would assume this is more than adequate to run a game like Hitman 6,any thoughts IMMADUMME?

rzastavros
21st Jul 2016, 00:27
You guys went too far. The concept/idea of Hitman is brilliant. All the Hitman games have been a Hit for the gamers who finished the game.... or at least replayed a level to achieve perfection. (I`m wondering ... if I had mentioned the movies, what would have your reaction look like - I`m Joking)

Anyways... there is one more thing I remembered that I don`t enjoy... the language. Previous Hitman releases used the regional language of the maps... Italian, when the mission took place in Italy... french when in France... and when the AI addressed Agent 47, you could hear the weird accent. Even tho` I didn`t understand half of what the AI were talking about.. I think it was wonderful.

Again, please note, My issued are based only on the detailed gameplay I have spent on Training + Paris levels.I do own the full game + the Hitman Statue,but I`m waiting so I can enjoy the full experience. I`m not interested in any online activity. But I do wish I wouldn`t feel like I`m following a checklist to achieve 100% on a Hitman game...and for what ?! Put some credits/currency in the game and make us buy the hints/challenges. Currency = Hitman level Rating based rewards and optional , I don`t know.

Cheers guys.

Swixel
21st Jul 2016, 01:49
The good I see is that the game is a solid sandbox which is being tended to lovingly by devs who clearly care about where it's going, designers who are thinking about puzzles on multiple levels (rather than if-this-then-that linear nonsense), and that the support staff (running the site, maintaining input, handling bugs, etc.) are actually present (if a bit snowed under).

The downside is of course the bugs and some of the "user friendly" parts (e.g. the camera "fix" we just got). I got hit by the challenge unlock bug last month (25th of June), and it's still a problem for many users (fortunately I had my mastery), so I'm acutely aware of some of the issues.

"immersed"??? Hitman 6? Not even close. What game are you playing to thing that this ALL AMERICAN world traveling Hitman has any immersion?

If that breaks immersion I recommend an upgrade/replacement for your imagination. If the game has to do all of the work (when it's only a simulation) there are problems. The voices aren't a problem and actually help for native English speakers -- the accent makes background information easier to perceive. Given it's only subtitled for other languages I'd assume there wasn't a huge budget either, and if you can't forgive the costs of recording for something that certainly isn't going to sell as big as GTA or any of the other laughably suggested comparisons people have put forward on this issue then you might need a reality check on how funding works.

Also, I suggest you go back and watch the Sapienza trailer again.

Based on your comments I can only assume you mean the old trailer, from pre-release (from the original release timeline): Welcome to Sapienza (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RkL0CsMTrQ) is from October last year, well before release. Sapienza Launch Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQFVxQiHPQc) is from April, and doesn't show any of the offending parts, but okay, ignoring that issue, and that they no doubt balanced the game to fix issues between then and now (like him going to the church making him a crazily easy target). If you want to look at old, pre-release, footage, and claim that's how the game should be, fine, but here's a counter-point before we begin...

How do we know that's Silvio? Sure, he's in Silvio's house, but he isn't the Silvio we know (or even knew at release). The assumption that he's the target is surely there, but given the whole video's theme is "this is Sapienza and you are Hitman in Sapienza", why assume the gameplay is identical? But if you don't want to accept that, fine, moving on to the points...

Sniping Silvio from clock tower-NO.

Actually, yes. Very easily. I think you need to sit through a whole session of therapy (the opportunity). Of course, there's another way to trigger those events given the original trigger.

Silvio in Graveyard-NO.

If it's possible, I haven't figured that one out. I suspect they moved his mother's grave between October last year and the actual release. If that's all it is I'm glad: an open-air target in view of half a dozen good perches is improbable for someone who's meant to be as paranoid as he is.

Silvio on balcony as 47 is on roof with knife-NO.

See above, I can't remember if he does go out there, but I'm pretty sure he does a bunch of neat stuff that isn't "normal" for him as a result of the above trigger.

And where is that sniper rifle?-NOWHERE.

It's probably just the coolest looking sniper rifle in the game, its actual attributes are unknown. Based on various sources it'll be "The Saviour". Presumably it's a later unlock (now, it may not have been then); it may have been earlier, but it's pre-release footage -- who knows, I'd never take it as gospel unless they called it a playthrough. Even if they did, who's to say you're not revisiting Sapienza after getting it (given the unlocks are portable), or that the 47 in the clip is bound by gated items?

And you missed this? They even changed Silvio's whole look.

And you're seriously holding onto pre-release footage this tightly?

Silvio's look fits the description better, and it's more than likely they deliberately tweaked things to fit the lab under the house (i.e. a fear of leaving his premises). If he'd gone down to the church he would have been a trivial kill. I still stand by the theme of the pre-release "Welcome to Sapienza" video being showing off Sapienza, as a location, rather than your target; the aesthetic appearance of the individual suggests (now) that it was Silvio, but if it was or wasn't is irrelevant unless you think that once something is demonstrated it should be set in stone (in which case, IO, can I please have the ridiculous behaviour of the remote breaching charges back?).

Silvio goes nowhere near that porch area where DeSantis hangs out.

Except for that time he talks to De Santis up there ...

This is all to avoid talking about the biggest issue: the game is live and live updated. It's been spoken about, constantly, and we were told they'd adapt to how we play. Now you might dislike the fact that they've ramped the difficulty up, closed a bunch of exploits, and given us some ease-of-access things (e.g. the cameras), and frankly I'm not too thrilled about a few things (again, the cameras), but given that they're trying to make this both accessible, and replayable, they're doing a remarkable job.

Of course the game has more than its fair share of bugs (though I can't name a single game from the last decade which doesn't have a fair few), but I've been lucky enough to not see most of them myself. Perhaps this sways me to be look at an episodically released game with attentive developers who like to close down exploits rather than encourage them as a positive thing; but as has been said elsewhere if the game is really upsetting you this much I'd suggest you either take a break from it, or seek help (and I say this with genuine concern: seriously, high blood pressure is bad for you, to say nothing of mood disorders or anything else -- games can cause that in people, and there are certain things in certain games that can do it, it's why I avoid many competitive games (brings out my dark side)).

doom-generation
22nd Jul 2016, 15:11
Are you IO's B*tch?

I apologise but someone had to say it,the constant glorifying of this game is absolute cringe to me as it is far from what was promised and yet I see this one guy constantly praising the work of IO-I .[/SIZE]

Wait till you get a load of me :D