PDA

View Full Version : Great game but screwing over episodic buyers = Uninstalled

nazardo
8th Jul 2016, 23:24
Love the game but I will not spend another dime after news that not only do episodic buyers have to pay for the bonus episode (could swallow this alone) but we will have to WAIT until later in the season to do so. So not only do episodic buyers of an EPISODIC game have to pay more for content they now also have to WAIT until "later this season" to have access to it.

Game uninstalled and I will actively discourage anyone from buying until final release.

Shame on you IO.

jimbianco
8th Jul 2016, 23:27
I'm not an episodic buyer, but yes, this is an awful decision piled on top of the dung heap of awful decisions made by IOI/square enix since day one.

doom-generation
9th Jul 2016, 01:37
LSo not only do episodic buyers of an EPISODIC game have to pay more for content...

In fairness, that's how most episodic releases work, you pay less if you pay upfront. But yes, having to wait longer than FE players is not good at all.

nazardo
9th Jul 2016, 03:14
I was past the paying for it part. I didn't like it but was willing to accept it. But making me wait X number of months longer to play content others get to play for free is just salt in the wound. There was no reason to do this and it's cost them at least one customer and hopefully many more. Some of the decisions they make are truly baffling when it comes to the PR department.

athlos23
9th Jul 2016, 03:30
I bought full. But i agree that waiting on the bonus doesnt make sense. On the 19th it should be available to purchace if a player must.

Immadummee
9th Jul 2016, 06:47
Love the game but I will not spend another dime after news that not only do episodic buyers have to pay for the bonus episode (could swallow this alone) but we will have to WAIT until later in the season to do so. So not only do episodic buyers of an EPISODIC game have to pay more for content they now also have to WAIT until "later this season" to have access to it.

Game uninstalled and I will actively discourage anyone from buying until final release.

Shame on you IO.

The way it is, is fine. How can you expect to get content for free when you didn't pay for it? It's the same as a season pass. You get everything for free but the people who buy the game without the season pass have to buy each additional parts of the game separately.

And when you go to mcdonalds, it's cheaper to buy a Big Mac combo than it is to buy the burger, fries and drink all separately. You end up spending more. It's basically a BULK discount price.

You are already getting all the content that is released within the content you already bought such as elusive targets, escalations and contracts all within the single episode they are released for, for which you own. So if you only bought Italy, you'll only get to play elusive targets for Italy. That's how it works. And that's what you agreed to do by purchasing the game in parts.

It was already discussed on this forum that the game will be cheaper if each episode was the same price as Sapienza and bought individually compared to buying the full experience. You actually would have saved $10 that way. But that's wrong and it should not benefit the guys who don't buy the full game.

So complaining about something you're doing wrong doesn't look good on you. You don't deserve content that you never paid for. Where did you get this idea from? O.o

As for the delay in purchasing such extra content, it's the same as a season pass holder. They get first dibs on content. Batman Arkham Knight did this with their season pass content. All season pass owners would get new content 1 week before non season pass holders. It's called "perks" for buying the game in full. Nothing wrong with this. It's not like they are denying you the content all together just cuz you didn't buy the full experience. It's just does this to non "full game" buyers until you can get it. Totally fine.

Puiu13
9th Jul 2016, 07:13
this is an awful decision piled on top of the dung heap of awful decisions made by IOI/square enix since day one.
That's eactly what i wanted to say.

I bought full. But i agree that waiting on the bonus doesnt make sense. On the 19th it should be available to purchace if a player must.
Same here.

jimbianco
9th Jul 2016, 07:22
The way it is, is fine. How can you expect to get content for free when you didn't pay for it? It's the same as a season pass. You get everything for free but the people who buy the game without the season pass have to buy each additional parts of the game separately.

And when you go to mcdonalds, it's cheaper to buy a Big Mac combo than it is to buy the burger, fries and drink all separately. You end up spending more. It's basically a BULK discount price.

You are already getting all the content that is released within the content you already bought such as elusive targets, escalations and contracts all within the single episode they are released for, for which you own. So if you only bought Italy, you'll only get to play elusive targets for Italy. That's how it works. And that's what you agreed to do by purchasing the game in parts.

It was already discussed on this forum that the game will be cheaper if each episode was the same price as Sapienza and bought individually compared to buying the full experience. You actually would have saved $10 that way. But that's wrong and it should not benefit the guys who don't buy the full game.

So complaining about something you're doing wrong doesn't look good on you. You don't deserve content that you never paid for. Where did you get this idea from? O.o

As for the delay in purchasing such extra content, it's the same as a season pass holder. They get first dibs on content. Batman Arkham Knight did this with their season pass content. All season pass owners would get new content 1 week before non season pass holders. It's called "perks" for buying the game in full. Nothing wrong with this. It's not like they are denying you the content all together just cuz you didn't buy the full experience. It's just does this to non "full game" buyers until you can get it. Totally fine.

here's the problem . NONE of this was even hinted at until today. People paying for each episode now are being punished because of this total lack of communication. It's total nonsense that this franchise did not need right now. IOI /Sq.Enix are slowly killing themselves. It will be a miracle if we get a season 2.

dave1812
9th Jul 2016, 07:41
here's the problem . NONE of this was even hinted at until today. People paying for each episode now are being punished because of this total lack of communication. It's total nonsense that this franchise did not need right now. IOI /Sq.Enix are slowly killing themselves. It will be a miracle if we get a season 2.

I doubt these Idiots will be able to put a second Season together.
There's still ****loads of Bugs, that are there from Day 1, and they don't care, or are unable to fix.
The whole Episodic Release was just a Bull**** Idea. They should've sold the Full Experience and the Final Retail Version, once it's all out. Such an ******* move to advertise the Summer Bonus, and then not even giving the Episodic Buyers a chance to play it IN SUMMER!

jimbianco
9th Jul 2016, 08:07
Such an ******* move to advertise the Summer Bonus, and then not even giving the Episodic Buyers a chance to play it IN SUMMER!

there's the big question. How long will they have to wait to play it. It may be available in early August or it may be available in October... All they said was "later in the season"(meaning season1, not the actual summer season). This game has been a total cluster**** since day one. And that's just the release plan. The actual game, as you said , is pure unfinished,rushed beta and nothing can convince me otherwise.... from the constant server problems to the missing features, to the incredibly buggy AI. Seems like IOI / S Enix is being run by an intern who has family ties to the CEO, and no one can say anything for fear of losing their jobs.

Immadummee
9th Jul 2016, 13:07

The thing is, people who paid for the full game were being punished first. Cuz buying the game episodically would actually save you $10 (or just less). So they needed to figure out how to reward the full game buyers. I wasn't a full game buyer at first until a few days ago. I didn't even know about this and had I never upgraded, I still would have to agree with it cuz there is no $30 season pass like every other game has.

Also since they decided to change the release schedule of the game, they did include a statement saying that the game could change without notice. And now they are giving us MORE content, people want to complain? So it's better we get less content? So there's a delay in people getting the summer "BONUS" material. It's just that full game buyers should have perks that non full game buyers shouldn't have. And that's coming from someone who has said this before while being an intro pack only owner.

So there's no need to say to me "you don't get it", cuz I totally do, I just see in at a different angle or perspective. More is MORE. Not less is more. And that's why it's BONUS CONTENT.

I'm sure if they didn't release this bonus content that people would still complain cuz the next episode isn't released yet. Well it isn't ready. Maybe they are trying to give us a better game. Cuz they do fix the game based on surveys they send out after each episode. They finally fixed the hit damage and that's the reason why I bought the upgrade pack as that's what I was waiting for.

I'd rather just have them release a full working episode, instead of the problems we have and they fix it along the way. But people have to understand that bugs do occur in games. I'm also playing The Witcher 3 right now and with every patch that comes out that fixes one thing, another 1 or 2 bugs pop up. We are at the point that the game has no music at times. No combat hitting sounds sometimes. Our horse's tail has disappeared. And CDPR gave everyone 16 free dlc's with the game from the start. It's just people like to complain but never "understand" and make it sound like they do everything on purpose all because they are scam artists....when in fact that the gamers are just complainers.

They are allowed to change things. Games get delayed all the time. Things are not turning out as projected. And with this, we are getting extra content and the perk goes to people who bought the game in full. MORE HITMAN CONTENT and people complain about that? If someone had no intention to buy the full game, then why are they complaining that there's extra content? Don't buy it and you don't have to pay for it. Pretend it doesn't exist cuz you had no intention to buy the full game anyways.

And last, just like a season pass, you don't get all its content right away. You have to wait for it. Heck, blood & wine took over a year to get that expansion pass but that's how it goes.

And lastly last (lol), I actually believe that season pass owners should get content first over non season pass owners. There should be a perk for getting it. Not just a discount in price. And this is coming from someone who had only ever bought 2 season passes before, assassins creed black flag and batman arkham knight.

wankerlicious
10th Jul 2016, 15:14
I was past the paying for it part. I didn't like it but was willing to accept it. But making me wait X number of months longer to play content others get to play for free is just salt in the wound. There was no reason to do this and it's cost them at least one customer and hopefully many more. Some of the decisions they make are truly baffling when it comes to the PR department.

I paid $60 upfront. Far from free. I paid for episodes that I don't get to play for months.

Also, these bonus episodes are just Sapienza and Marrakesh nighttime. Nothing to get too bent out of shape over imho.

silenzer2221
10th Jul 2016, 15:48

Shame on you IO.

Sign IOI will lost hitman gamers/money ... no problem 4 gamers the world is full of good games ;)
That Mission failed IO ;)

jimbianco
10th Jul 2016, 20:47
I paid $60 upfront. Far from free. I paid for episodes that I don't get to play for months.

Also, these bonus episodes are just Sapienza and Marrakesh nighttime. Nothing to get too bent out of shape over imho.

Sapienza & Marrakesh completely re-done. They changed the maps significantly. ...and a third mission has been added, (probably Paris)