PDA

View Full Version : Is it ?

Raider of tombs
7th Jul 2002, 17:55
Is it true that AOD will have a modified le for pc and ps2?! :) :D :eek:

Seth
7th Jul 2002, 18:10
I doubt that very much. The game is Maya based, and as you've seen, there won't be one for PS2, if there wasn't one for PS1 with the original editor.

LarzBritsh
7th Jul 2002, 19:07
Here we go again.

Sorry to be so snappy, but me and some so-called know it all from the TR-Series forum go into a big argument about this.

I really think that the LE will not be released, Maya is expensive, and even if it is released, users with Windos ME and below cannot run it.

Vivi Ornitier
7th Jul 2002, 20:14
...there's also the little problem that core have that is some custom levels are far better than those created by Core....

I'm not saying I don't like the ones throughout the Tomb Raider series, but, as I said above, some custom levels have been far more challenging, fun, and have been better textured/have better lighting...

If we made better levels than Core did...with their own editor...how'd you think that would make them look?

Chances are, you'd spend more time playing custom levels than Core ones, and Core wouldn't want that until they are prepared to move on...they released the LE used in TR4, just as they start on AOD....anything, therefore, that is created in the LE we have will never be quite so good as theirs with their new AOD LE.

Vivi

MountainDewNut
8th Jul 2002, 01:09
Originally posted by Vivi Ornitier
If we made better levels than Core did...with their own editor...how'd you think that would make them look?

Ouch! very harsh but true!

Data
9th Jul 2002, 22:11
Core Design have stated that there will be no level editor released with Tombraider - Angel of Darkness in the foreseeable future.

LarzBritsh
9th Jul 2002, 22:55
Originally posted by Data
Core Design have stated that there will be no level editor released with Tombraider - Angel of Darkness in the foreseeable future.

Yeah! Thank you so much Data. I can finally prove that person in the TR Series forum wrong.

Chip Davis
10th Jul 2002, 02:41
Maybe by the time they get up to AOD pt 5, and they're still using the same, tired engine as they used for AOD pt 1, then they might release the editor....

Seriously though, in some ways, I'd rather NOT get an editor (blasphemy!!) Really, though, I mean it. I loved TR4 when it came out. In many ways, it seemed the most unpredictable of the series, with so many varied animations and special events like fly-by cameras. Then, when the editor came out, it was like a magician revealing his secrets. Suddenly, I can't just "play" TR4, I have to analyze how everything was done, and it's just not as much fun anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love making levels, but the game itself just isn't as "mysterious" anymore (does that make any kind of sense?)

http://www.yoursighost.com/members/david10461/sig1.gif

Vivi Ornitier
10th Jul 2002, 20:59
Yeah it does...I know what you mean....and I do it too...once you have used the editor, suddenly you become a critic...you know how the levels are constructed...so any tiny mistakes you see make a great difference to the way you look at the level overall; Tomb Raider is seen in a different light.

You can't just play, as you said, and 'once spectacular' effects are quite so effective, you're more aware of things...because you know the way they are hidden, or the sort of places they are triggered etc.

Without the use of the tools that have been created to be used with the editor...it would have become boring...

...at least with the tools there is some element of surprise in those levels that have used them.

Vivi