PDA

View Full Version : The Story

Salem4
7th Jul 2002, 15:44
After having played through the game at least 20 times, i still don't get the full story. Who is the guy who gives you the missions? Is it professor ort-meyer who wants to have the project to himself and therefore kills all his partners, or is it someone else?

Saba
8th Jul 2002, 01:07
Hitman gets his missions from a contractor, known simply as "The Agency." I'm not quite sure I remember about the plot, after all these years. Firstly, what is Hitman's connection to the Professor... Sure, I know he's Toby's dad, but why does he want to kill him so badly? Maybe I'm forgetting something, because I remember having understood the plot quite well at the time I completed the game, but right now, I'm kind of fuzzy on that.

Zaphod
8th Jul 2002, 01:29
A group of 3 terrorists / criminal kingpins / underworld types got together and funded some scientists (The Professor, presumably with the assistance of the doctor from the insane asylum) to experiment with constructing and/or cloning humans. The result was 47 (and all his Brothers).

47 escapes, after basically being told how to escape (this plot point always annoyed me. The Professor teaches me 20 different types of hand-to-hand and small arms combat and then posts two orderlies with pistols as the only thing between me and freedom? What did he think would happen?) 47 drifts for a year, then takes a job as a contract killer. There's no reason to think that The Agency is run by the Professor, but there's good reason to think he's paying for the hits.

There's basically 3 major hits (the rest of the missions are just strategic hits to make the Major Hits possible): Lee Hong, Carlos the Nutty Drug Lord, and Boris the Psychotic Weapons Dealer. Clearly, the Professor wants to eliminate his partners, but the reason is never given. Some possible motives would include: he wants to eliminate all those who know about The Project, or he wants all the money he's going to make off his Clone Army for himself.

That's the best I can make of the plot right now. I've been up 20 hours and can barely see the screen. If anyone wants to improve on this, go nuts.

{Edit} Saba, there's no reason to think that the Professor is 47's actual father. I think that "come to daddy" stuff was more metaphorical. However, given the time-honored, slightly hackneyed "cloning" storylines which this game follows, it's a pretty safe bet that some of 47's genetic material came from each of the 4 major players in the conspiracy, to "give him the best of every criminal mind" or something like that. {/Edit}

Salem4
8th Jul 2002, 13:39
www.Hitman2.com : Story
Visit the dark recesses of a world corrupted by crime, greed, degradation and dishonour.
And a past that catches up with you.

Maybe the last part there means we will get some more info on the subject?

Muzman
8th Jul 2002, 15:19
Don't forget all the main guys were apparently in the French Foreign Legion together in the sixties (or something). Maybe 'Wulf' too, I can't recall exactly.
In some of those tortured expository movies between missions you can hear them discussing 47's genetic makeup as being 'the best of all of us'

Saba
8th Jul 2002, 21:43
A group of 3 terrorists / criminal kingpins / underworld types got together and funded some scientists (The Professor, presumably with the assistance of the doctor from the insane asylum) to experiment with constructing and/or cloning humans. The result was 47 (and all his Brothers).

And these were presumably Fuchs, Pablo, Lee Hong...and Boris?

47 escapes, after basically being told how to escape (this plot point always annoyed me. The Professor teaches me 20 different types of hand-to-hand and small arms combat and then posts two orderlies with pistols as the only thing between me and freedom? What did he think would happen?) 47 drifts for a year, then takes a job as a contract killer. There's no reason to think that The Agency is run by the Professor, but there's good reason to think he's paying for the hits.

He escaped? I didn't know that. I just shot the guy. For fun. And took his clothes, 'cause I thought I had to, for training.

That's quite stupid, come to think of it though. This guy can see Hitman through some remote surveilance system, commend him on his throat slashing, tell him to continue on and basically narrate the whole plot of the training mission until he sees Hitman shoot the orderlies. On top of that, he has only two guards to protect and prevent the escape of his life's greatest acheivement: Codename 47. Worst of all, he simply turns mum and watches Toby run off into the world of contract killings. Are you sure on this, Zaphod? I think he may have purposefully released the free and independent spirited little man into the world, or may not have at all, so that he could use him to assasinate the very men that funded the creation of this...this...Hitman.

There's basically 3 major hits (the rest of the missions are just strategic hits to make the Major Hits possible): Lee Hong, Carlos the Nutty Drug Lord, and Boris the Psychotic Weapons Dealer. Clearly, the Professor wants to eliminate his partners, but the reason is never given. Some possible motives would include: he wants to eliminate all those who know about The Project, or he wants all the money he's going to make off his Clone Army for himself.

He probably killed him so that he could keep all the money.

{Edit} Saba, there's no reason to think that the Professor is 47's actual father. I think that "come to daddy" stuff was more metaphorical. However, given the time-honored, slightly hackneyed "cloning" storylines which this game follows, it's a pretty safe bet that some of 47's genetic material came from each of the 4 major players in the conspiracy, to "give him the best of every criminal mind" or something like that. {/Edit}

Yes, I know that... I meant father as in creator. Hitman's genes probably did come from the criminals, for whatever reason. Probably because they all wanted to have a physical manifestation of the money and genes that they invested. I do recall, as Muzman mentioned, a dark, nearly incomprehensible cutscene showing up after every major hit, right now I only remember the one after Traditions of the Trade mainly because that's the only mission I'm playing now. One of the guys there, I think, mentioned "I think his nose looks mostly like mine..."

ICEBreaker
8th Jul 2002, 23:51
I thought Tobias was meant to "escape". He laughed while watching Tobias make his escape as if everything was going according to plan.

Saba
9th Jul 2002, 00:18
That's just what I was suspecting:

Originally posted by Saba
I think he may have purposefully released the free and independent spirited little man into the world, or may not have at all, so that he could use him to assasinate the very men that funded the creation of this...this...Hitman.

I don't recall the laughter, but it seems like the only logical solution.

Zaphod
9th Jul 2002, 01:24
I wouldn't count Herr Fuchs as one of the Kingpins from the Foreign Legion. IIRC, Fuchs is just one of the "setup" guys to get to Boris. Is that not true?

Truthfully, it's been MONTHS since I dragged the game out of my desk. :)

Muzman
9th Jul 2002, 02:49
I dunno. I thought herr 'Wulf' was the guy and the dentist was just an acomplice, but I can't recall/didn't read all the letters etc properly. I get the two mixed up either way.
The briefing for 'the setup' ties some of it together I think (and describes how dangerous and suspicious the whole thing is and then send you out with no weapons. Gosh golly gee, wouldn't you know it). I shall go and look.

-edit- It's actually in the briefing for Gunrunner's Paradise

"Our intelligence department has stumbled upon a weird fact you should know. It seems that Lee Hong, Boris, Frantz Fuchs and Pablo all served in the French Foreign Legion together. If that is a coincidence it's one weird coincidence..."

Salem4
9th Jul 2002, 14:01
Maybe we should send an E-mail to IOI and ask them?

Saba
9th Jul 2002, 22:21
Good luck trying to get any info from them.

With Muzman's quote, I think we can count Wulf as one of the donors toward Codename 47's creation.

zappmon
20th Jul 2002, 08:07
Sound's about right to me. The only other thing i can add is.( and it's just a idea )The two guard's that are posted at the begining are a test , to see if he had what it takes. If you remember , if you failed to kill the first guard right away ,or just tried to sneak past him.He zapp's you with the tazer and drag's you back to the room where you first woke up ,and have to start all over again.Like i said ,just a thought.

Saba
21st Jul 2002, 21:56
It's possible.

A_Z
15th May 2006, 09:36
Sorry if I miss something, but can anyone tell me why the professor want to kill agent 47 ???