PDA

View Full Version : NEEDED CHANGES. post if you agree/disagree

Silentftww
2nd Jul 2016, 02:36
There should be a different alert level if a guard finds an npc killed vs unconcious. Killed should have a longer search and higher alert . Currently its the same. Would gove you a reason to subdue vs kill other than just points

Guards should notice blood pools. Its in every game but this one.

Customizable weapons. Silencers etc vs just adding a whole new weapon.

Swat team gets called in if you go on a rampage. Like in absolutions king of chinatown level.

More brutal and varied melee kill animations with various weapons.

Running around/ sneaking should be more suspicious than walking while in disguise. Yes they look at you and comment but don't do anything. And running in front of an enforcer in disguise should raise his alert faster than walking. Currently its the same.

While in disguise in front of an enforcer turning your back to him should reduce suspicion distance by 25-30%.

Tell me what you guys think about this. I'm personally somewhat upset io said they would listen to feedback but almost no core gameplay elements have been changed.

RW_Slick
2nd Jul 2016, 03:02
More brutal kills? Makes ZERO sense for someone that is a SILENT ASSASSIN and kills without leaving a trace.

"Lemme just make a huge mess right here."

Unless you are referring to brutal accident kills.

Silentftww
2nd Jul 2016, 03:14
More brutal kills? Makes ZERO sense for someone that is a SILENT ASSASSIN and kills without leaving a trace.

"Lemme just make a huge mess right here."

Unless you are referring to brutal accident kills.

Talking about the melee kills being more visceral, like in absolution. How slitting someone's throat would leave blood on their shirt etc. What do you think of my other suggestions? Guards noticing blood pools etc?

jimbianco
2nd Jul 2016, 07:09
agreed on all, but it's been gone over so many times in so many different threads, it's getting tiresome begging IOI for this stuff that should've been there from the beginning.

jimbianco
2nd Jul 2016, 07:11
More brutal kills? Makes ZERO sense for someone that is a SILENT ASSASSIN and kills without leaving a trace

we don't have to always play silently....we would like to have that "total freedom of approach" they boasted about since before release

jimbianco
2nd Jul 2016, 23:48
One problem is I posted this on the offici site forum and rabid fanboys attacked me defending the game in every way and saying no changes were needed . Lol

SilentFTW , what "rabid fanboys" are you referring to ? Where is the attacking in every way? I don't post on that "other forum"anymore. Same threads over & over, same complaints. No one bothering to read any of them to get their answers, so they just post new topics. It's so frikkin' stale at this point. So newcomers (like RWSlick) to the Hitman series don't agree with you, and they are now "rabid fanboys attacking you"? Thread after thread, post after post wanting this stuff in the game has been made since day one. You're not saying anything new, trust me. People have been complaining about blood pools, customizing weapons from day one. I'm one of them.

Immadummee
3rd Jul 2016, 11:58
There should be a different alert level if a guard finds an npc killed vs unconcious. Killed should have a longer search and higher alert . Currently its the same. Would gove you a reason to subdue vs kill other than just points

Swat team gets called in if you go on a rampage. Like in absolutions king of chinatown level.

Running around/ sneaking should be more suspicious than walking while in disguise. Yes they look at you and comment but don't do anything. And running in front of an enforcer in disguise should raise his alert faster than walking. Currently its the same.

While in disguise in front of an enforcer turning your back to him should reduce suspicion distance by 25-30%.

Tell me what you guys think about this. I'm personally somewhat upset io said they would listen to feedback but almost no core gameplay elements have been changed.

Totally agree on ALL of them, Especially #6 (running/crouching). The suspicion system is very poor. It's one thing that ALEKHINE's GUN does MUCH better than Hitman and is far superior. You can't get their silent assassin rating (ghost rating in their game) if you make too much noise or cause suspicion. Running around and doing speed runs will never get you a silent assassin rating.

It's funny they call it "silent" assassin yet you make so much noise with running and causing suspicion amoungst guards.

Whe it comes to SA, running around should never get you that rating. I'd like to see TRUE silent assassin speed runs that include no running when there's guards around and see the real times of those. When there is no noise rating in the game, it makes for cheesy gameplay.

Im sure many have seen my Sarajevo six Paris custom kill camera video, but it's the very first time I get a silent assassin rating, yet it's with an explosion kill. So how do I get a SA rating whilst making the BIGGEST and MOST obvious noise? Ya, it could be because I'm never spotted or even suspected as I walk in and out, but making the highest amount of noise while doing a SA run, shouldn't contradict the whole premise of that rating. But that's just me.

But anyways, great list and I'd really like to see these fixed. It would bring so much more ways in how you need to approach things cuz when you can use your silencer, shoot someone in the head, have blood everywhere and then hide the body, the blood left behind means nothing. So fixing that like how it was in prior games, would help/fix with every approach taken.

RW_Slick
3rd Jul 2016, 14:38
Talking about the melee kills being more visceral, like in absolution. How slitting someone's throat would leave blood on their shirt etc. What do you think of my other suggestions? Guards noticing blood pools etc?

Purposely only mentioned the that I disagreed with.

Fran_Laiuppa
3rd Jul 2016, 16:59
I honestly can't understand why the hell NPCs don't react to blood pools. It has been in every Hitman installment before this one. How can they advertise this game as the "ultimate Hitman experience" which "takes the best from past installments" if they leave out things like Blood Pools reactions or NPCs hearing footsteps. Honestly, what's the point of crouching?
I really hope they are strongly considering fixing these aspects of the game. Otherwise they are gonna fail big time.

JimC22
3rd Jul 2016, 20:37
These things aren't being fixed because they've already got your money, unfortunately. You've got fibre-wiring with no actual wire on every level so far, very limited animations, a cumbersome hand-to-hand system that requires an extra button push to knock out the assailant, awful shooting mechanic, etc., etc. The series managed to combine cliched humour and some darker elements very well until this instalment- something has gone very, very wrong. It's interesting to note that 'mastery, patience, planning' and the like are being used to excuse how tedious the core game actually is- I have often turned the game off for no other reason than boredom with how bland and characterless it is, and the appeal of replaying levels in this game is lost on me (I used to replay other entries in the series over and over again). I fail to see how it improves on previous entries (I think that Absolution was a better game and I disliked that quite strongly). I predict that at the end of the last 'season', none of the core issues that we've brought up will be fixed to any real satisfaction, that at least one of the remaining levels (and probably two) will be weaker than Paris and that NPCs will still be speaking in English in Thailand and everywhere else, too. The price of the physical copy will presumably be less than we paid for the 'complete experience'; how they could justify charging more than 25 quid for a game so evidently flawed is beyond me. Of course, if they fixed the problems then perhaps, but they've had months already and past behaviour is an excellent predictor of future conduct.

Fran5000player
3rd Jul 2016, 21:54
Well I think [HITMAN] is still a better Hitman game than Absolution. I don't know if a better game, but it's surely a better Hitman game. They are in the right direction. The problem is that in order to make [HITMAN] appealing to newcomers you have to, at least, have the features that previous installments had in order to get the fanbase happy. From then on, you can work on these approaches to newcomers, like the opportunities system. But they should build that more-appealing-to-newcomers game over a solid base. The base they achieved with all Hitman installments. The base they have now is incomplete. There are so many crucial aspects of the game mechanics that are missing. The blood reaction thing. Dual ballers and proper accents absence. Human shield. Weapon customization.
They added nice ideas to this installment. The ability to choose from multiple suits idea, where to stash you agency guns, or the multiple exit and entrance points. But that should never have been a priority over the features previously mentioned.

Immadummee
4th Jul 2016, 09:40
These things aren't being fixed because they've already got your money, unfortunately. You've got fibre-wiring with no actual wire on every level so far, very limited animations, a cumbersome hand-to-hand system that requires an extra button push to knock out the assailant, awful shooting mechanic, etc., etc. The series managed to combine cliched humour and some darker elements very well until this instalment- something has gone very, very wrong. It's interesting to note that 'mastery, patience, planning' and the like are being used to excuse how tedious the core game actually is- I have often turned the game off for no other reason than boredom with how bland and characterless it is, and the appeal of replaying levels in this game is lost on me (I used to replay other entries in the series over and over again). I fail to see how it improves on previous entries (I think that Absolution was a better game and I disliked that quite strongly). I predict that at the end of the last 'season', none of the core issues that we've brought up will be fixed to any real satisfaction, that at least one of the remaining levels (and probably two) will be weaker than Paris and that NPCs will still be speaking in English in Thailand and everywhere else, too. The price of the physical copy will presumably be less than we paid for the 'complete experience'; how they could justify charging more than 25 quid for a game so evidently flawed is beyond me. Of course, if they fixed the problems then perhaps, but they've had months already and past behaviour is an excellent predictor of future conduct.

Well I think [HITMAN] is still a better Hitman game than Absolution. I don't know if a better game, but it's surely a better Hitman game. They are in the right direction. The problem is that in order to make [HITMAN] appealing to newcomers you have to, at least, have the features that previous installments had in order to get the fanbase happy. From then on, you can work on these approaches to newcomers, like the opportunities system. But they should build that more-appealing-to-newcomers game over a solid base. The base they achieved with all Hitman installments. The base they have now is incomplete. There are so many crucial aspects of the game mechanics that are missing. The blood reaction thing. Dual ballers and proper accents absence. Human shield. Weapon customization.
They added nice ideas to this installment. The ability to choose from multiple suits idea, where to stash you agency guns, or the multiple exit and entrance points. But that should never have been a priority over the features previously mentioned.

Holy walls of text, batman.

Fran5000player
4th Jul 2016, 16:07
Hahaha you really made me laugh

h2opete
4th Jul 2016, 16:50
Problem is... if they make changes to the core elements of the game which then make the game harder (suspicion, blood pools), what does that do to the leaderboards? Give us a bunch of forever unbeatable scores? Or should they be reset, annoying anyone that's worked hard to get a high score?

I'd love customisable weapons though.... and the suitcase to hide a sniper! Some kind of cash system where we could upgrade weapons would be awesome. Maybe completing missions allows us to level up mastery and unlock things... but we still have to purchase them with in game cash to be able to use them. Also maybe the ability to start with different melee options. We could buy them if there was a cash system, or maybe if you find them in the game and escape with them, you get to keep them and use them at the start of future missions... maybe a revamped notoriety system, you can spend in game cash to bring it down, if it's high then maybe you start seeing wanted posters, etc, with varying likeness depending on your notoriety level.... if it's too high and you get caught in game instead of dying you get arrested then have to play a mini prison level to escape.... :D (bit like the Absolution level!)

Fran5000player
4th Jul 2016, 21:42
The leaderboards are broke anyway. But see, that right there is what bothers me. When things like leaderboards (which are pretty much useless) dictate how the game is build. When it should be the other way around.
Anyway, the leaderboards are going to be reseted when the already announced difficulty settings come...

jimbianco
5th Jul 2016, 02:32
These things aren't being fixed because they've already got your money, unfortunately.

You're not at IOI, so you have no idea what they are fixing or not fixing. Remember, they painted themselves into this episodic corner, and they must keep customers. potential buyers happy. They want to sell more episodes & seasons to the people who didn't buy the "full experience". I never thought we'd get something so minor as a holster animation, but people complained and we got it. The only things they have flat out said NO on was the money system & the replayable elusive targets.... but you never know, that may change as well some day. They already upped their 48 hour time limit to 72 hours on elusives because the Hitman fans complained.. I agree with a lot of your complaints, I HATE the all American language, the lame stoner humor, always online, lack of past features, invisible wire, and all the other crap, but I do know they are listening, reading all of this stuff. Hopefully we get a decent update on the 19th.

jimbianco
5th Jul 2016, 02:37
The suspicion system is very poor. It's one thing that ALEKHINE's GUN does MUCH better than Hitman and is far superior.

the fiber wire animations, kill is the only thing in A. Gun that blows away Hitman. I love how they can fight their way out of the fiber wire if you let up on the button smashing. The rest of the game was god awful.

Immadummee
5th Jul 2016, 07:02
the fiber wire animations, kill is the only thing in A. Gun that blows away Hitman. I love how they can fight their way out of the fiber wire if you let up on the button smashing. The rest of the game was god awful.

Oh ya, that was cool. And also picking locks. It wasn't just button press cuz you have the tool. You, the gamer, had to use their mechanic to pick the lock.

The leaderboards are broke anyway. But see, that right there is what bothers me. When things like leaderboards (which are pretty much useless) dictate how the game is build. When it should be the other way around.
Anyway, the leaderboards are going to be reseted when the already announced difficulty settings come...

Announced when and where? And do you have a link?

JimC22
5th Jul 2016, 10:16
[QUOTE=jimbianco;2217011]You're not at IOI, so you have no idea what they are fixing or not fixing.

Absolutely correct- I'm working on the assumption that if any serious attempts were being made to fix major issues that IOI would have made them by now. A tide of faults and complaints about similar problems is available on online sales sites and reviews and has been for months. I am only stating my view, but I think that a company saying it's listening and acting on major issues are two different things. The claim that somehow consumers aren't understanding what kind of experience IOI are delivering seems like total horse to me. Many consumers have quite clearly understood the experience they are actually having and complained about it. Carrying on buying substandard items does not dispose the producer well toward you, it just lets a company know what it can get away with.

You may think that's cynical, and that's your prerogative. To me, the entire release seems a cynical attempt at cashing in on a botched job, and I take IOI's near-silence as indicative of the fact that they'd like to get this over and done with and bury it. Prove complainers wrong by making major fixes.

Fran_Laiuppa
5th Jul 2016, 22:43
Announced when and where? And do you have a link?

They mentioned it a couple of times on their weekly Twitch Streams. They said they are working on how would it be implemented

jimbianco
6th Jul 2016, 00:12
They mentioned it a couple of times on their weekly Twitch Streams. They said they are working on how would it be implemented

yeah, they MENTIONED it. They didn't confirm they were working on them. I've seen every twitch feed, every bit of news, every stream, all interviews, all threads on all forums, I've been following this game daily like a hawk, and I've never heard anyone at IOI confirm difficulty settings. All they said was they had meetings in the past to discuss settings. Hope I'm wrong.

Fran_Laiuppa
6th Jul 2016, 00:55
yeah, they MENTIONED it. They didn't confirm they were working on them. I've seen every twitch feed, every bit of news, every stream, all interviews, all threads on all forums, I've been following this game daily like a hawk, and I've never heard anyone at IOI confirm difficulty settings. All they said was they had meetings in the past to discuss settings. Hope I'm wrong.

Actually they mentioned they were working on it. Given the secrecy which they've been mantaining, I'd say that's a confirmation itself.

jimbianco
6th Jul 2016, 03:36
Actually they mentioned they were working on it. Given the secrecy which they've been mantaining, I'd say that's a confirmation itself.

I want to see or hear that quote. I've come to realize that IOI (especially Torben) are very cryptic & somewhat deceptive with their wording about certain things.

jimbianco
6th Jul 2016, 03:41
and I take IOI's near-silence as indicative of the fact that they'd like to get this over and done with and bury it.

near silence ? How many times can they say they are "working on it". We are not entitled to any explanations as to what they are doing. We'll get them when we get them. WE made the choice of paying for the game before it was finished. What I don't like is H.Seifert's deliberate BS pre-release about it being totally 100% polished & finished. Well, alot of us fell for it, but we know better now.

JimC22
6th Jul 2016, 10:06
'Working on it' means nothing and 'near-silence' is pretty much what we've seen on the forum. If they don't offer explanations and I'm supposed to feel bad for expecting them then that's not a company I'd deal with in future. '100% polished and finished'- that could depend on their definition of those terms, but I think you're right to call it out for what it seems to be. Much as I like the series overall, I'm not going to deceive myself into thinking well of this offering any more than I'm going to try to pick up a turd by the clean end. I reckon they'll make tiny hole-plugs until they can bury it. I wonder, if they could go back six months, if they'd do this again. You'd hope not.

RW_Slick
7th Jul 2016, 01:48
Have any games in the series ever given 47 a blowgun?

I am thinking of situations like when you come through the window and open that door to see Francesca in the office. The guards do not notice the poison dart and think it is an accident kill. Only downside is needing to be rather close to use it.

doom-generation
8th Jul 2016, 02:22
Yes, the very first game, Hitman: Codename 47 featured a blowgun.

http://hitman.wikia.com/wiki/Blowgun

wankerlicious
11th Jul 2016, 02:49

Strongly agree. Especially with the differences in time when disguised vs. Sneaking or running.