PDA

View Full Version : Diana's voice during mission

jimbianco
1st Jul 2016, 23:26
This was started on the other forum, and I thought I'd extend it over here. Should be optional to hear Diana's voice during the mission unless she has a change of plans, or update to the mission. How would Diana know "that's general Reza Zaydan", or "that's Dalia Margolis", or "good work 47". It falls into the difficulty category, just like having opportunities on, or instinct. Having Diana speak as if she is there with 47 makes zero sense, since he doesn't communicate with her, how would she know?. How is she seeing all of this? It's stupid to be honest. Briefings are all that we should hear her voice.

RW_Slick
2nd Jul 2016, 01:41
So, the concept of him wearing an earpiece is stupid? You say he doe snot talk to her, but speaking could give away his position, not to mention the fact that he does not do a whole lot of talking even when they are together.

I am not against being able to adjust her voice volume, but it totally makes sense that she can communicate with him while he is in the field.

jimbianco
2nd Jul 2016, 02:24
So, the concept of him wearing an earpiece is stupid? You say he doe snot talk to her, but speaking could give away his position, not to mention the fact that he does not do a whole lot of talking even when they are together.

I am not against being able to adjust her voice volume, but it totally makes sense that she can communicate with him while he is in the field.

what earpiece? You missed my point. Why does Diana say "target down" right when you kill the target? Why does she tell you "that's Silvio Caruso", etc. No one is telling her. Is 47 wearing a camera somewhere ? Yes, she should be able to communicate, but not see what he's doing at all times. Makes no sense, like a lot of thing in the game

RW_Slick
2nd Jul 2016, 03:06
47 is a robot

semajmarc87
2nd Jul 2016, 03:31
what earpiece? You missed my point. Why does Diana say "target down" right when you kill the target? Why does she tell you "that's Silvio Caruso", etc. No one is telling her. Is 47 wearing a camera somewhere ? Yes, she should be able to communicate, but not see what he's doing at all times. Makes no sense, like a lot of thing in the game

I agree with you. These devs have absolutely no clue what realism is.

jimbianco
2nd Jul 2016, 07:15
I agree with you. These devs have absolutely no clue what realism is.

it's a real shame that no one from the pre Absolution days is no longer with the company(at least I don't think so). At times, it really seems like none of them have played the first 4 games. Probably wrong, but that's the impression I get when watching them on twitch TRY to play their own game, and dance around questions as if we are being sold a car with 200,000 miles on it!

Puiu13
2nd Jul 2016, 07:37
I just love the game but i fully agree with you guys, it wouldn't hurt a bit more realism, there's a total lack of it.

JefTheReaper
2nd Jul 2016, 08:08
To be fair I would also love the option to disable her voice during missions,
not only does it not make sense, its also just plain annoying as she usually speaks up when I'm trying to overhear npc's talking.
Or even at pointless times, for example in Sapienza, when I'm in the lab and lure the doctor down to the virus, she suddenly sais I need a keycard to the lab, I'M ALREADY IN THE LAB!!!

I mean no hate here, the voice acting for Diana is very good, but having her communicate with 47 during the mission makes no to little sense whatsoever, the entire communication between Diana and 47 should only be before and after missions,
she's the handler after all, she gather's info, doing the job is up to 47 alone.

Immadummee
2nd Jul 2016, 11:10
When it comes to "video games", it's all about immersion. That's the most important thing. Her voice following you and helping you along the way by telling you "that is victor novikov" isn't a bad thing. It actually makes you feel that she is part of the journey that is 47.

So you can't compare "realism" with "immersion", cuz they are 2 totally different things. You could USE realism for immersion, but you don't NEED realism for immersion. For example, you talking about realism about Diana's voice in his ear and knows/sees when the target is located, killed, etc..., but then you don't question realism about a genetically created assassin made in a lab in Romania? :nut:

So as long as immersion trumps, the video game will be successful and fun.

Xbox-Steam_Num47
2nd Jul 2016, 11:54
The voice during is unusual indeed, I do remember that Diana would relay information through your PDA on previous titles... that did make more sense and didn't break immersion.

Puiu13
2nd Jul 2016, 13:50
When it comes to "video games", it's all about immersion. That's the most important thing. Her voice following you and helping you along the way by telling you "that is victor novikov" isn't a bad thing. It actually makes you feel that she is part of the journey that is 47.
Personally i don't feel like Diana is helping me at all, about the immersion i think that is not easy to get immersed into a unrealistic game.

you don't NEED realism for immersion.
I do.

For example, you talking about realism about Diana's voice in his ear and knows/sees when the target is located, killed, etc..., but then you don't question realism about a genetically created assassin made in a lab in Romania? :nut:
I'm from Romania, and yes, here we create genetically modified assassins every day.:cool:

jimbianco
2nd Jul 2016, 18:42
When it comes to "video games", it's all about immersion.

So as long as immersion trumps, the video game will be successful and fun.

I've given up on having any "immersion" in this game from the beginning and the American-English stoner bro speaking "World Of Assassination". I'm American and I hate it in this game. But anyway, we do not need Diana telling us "that's Dalia", etc. We've seen them in the briefing, and for those who use instinct, that's all we need. They don't even put an earpiece filter type effect on her voice. Makes ZERO sense. Actually breaks "immersion" . It's an extremely dumbed down game at this point. The introduction of triggered opportunities dumbed it down even more. "This could be useful" is another thing that she says (at random moments by the way), as the "intel" thing pops up on screen, which is another thing that should be optional. Hated that since the alpha, and yet it's still in for some reason while other basic things aren't.

Immadummee
8th Jul 2016, 10:50
I've given up on having any "immersion" in this game from the beginning and the American-English stoner bro speaking "World Of Assassination". I'm American and I hate it in this game. But anyway, we do not need Diana telling us "that's Dalia", etc. We've seen them in the briefing, and for those who use instinct, that's all we need. They don't even put an earpiece filter type effect on her voice. Makes ZERO sense. Actually breaks "immersion" . It's an extremely dumbed down game at this point. The introduction of triggered opportunities dumbed it down even more. "This could be useful" is another thing that she says (at random moments by the way), as the "intel" thing pops up on screen, which is another thing that should be optional. Hated that since the alpha, and yet it's still in for some reason while other basic things aren't.

I get what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree with you but out of ALL the real issues with this game, this voice thing just isn't anywhere atop the list of things that needs fixing, it's just another on the list.

jimbianco
17th Jul 2016, 19:00
funny. I was just playing episode 3 w/my wife half watching/paying attention in the background. I get to the consulate and Diana says "THAT IS CLAUS STRANDBERG...", all of the sudden my wife says "why is that lady telling you that is him?" , I just laughed and said because apparently the devs seem to think we are all 12 year olds who need things handed to us....she said "they should change that". My wife couldn't care less about video games, yet she saw the stupidity of this. This is a 100% true story, and had to post....