PDA

View Full Version : Developer You don't need Blood Gore for engaging Game!

StealthCarol
28th Jun 2016, 15:56
Thank you Square Einx for having non lethal kills and non lethal weapons! Means so much but I hope there are lots of no lethal weapons to play with! :)

I have put alot of time writing this out so thank you if you can read it all but if you do not want too then do not click on spoiler.

I did not start this thread to flame but just perhaps to think about a different approach to blood gore simulation. If i should not have started this thread then I apologize and will just send it privately to the developers.

And perhaps to get everyone to have 2nd thought and that it not just a game! Perhaps starting this thread will help? It gets me thinking about the issue and why when I play mankind i wouldn't want to blasting full on! Sure its a game but my mind is seeing it as real! I am what I see and read so play enough of simulated violence and could be that you will do the same. I know its a game but the simulation is so real that it feel real! This is not about arcade violence but hardcore simulated violence now that is fooling the mind in thinking its real.

I was worried that future of Deus Ex might become blood and gore because the other FPS are doing it too all because of realism. FALLOUT 4 IS ALL EXPLOSION BLOOD AND LIMBS.

Games are wanting to have such realism so its believable so that is the problem here with blood gore. Its not just an effect. Its showing this is what will happen in real life!

I know mankind has not gone to this length of exploding limbs but again just sharing in case anyone on the team thinks its a good idea to have simulated blood gore like a real body. Because its gaining excitement with other blood gore games so it could mean it will be good too for future games?

And I keep stressing most of us enjoy the game not because it has simulated blood and gore and just violent language. If shooting someone feels fake in the game and you will never want to do that in real life then there is no need to have it so you simulate blood and exploding limbs and heads and organs. If you enjoy the game because of its challenge then there is no reason to put in blood and all its gore.

I enjoy Mankind video not because of the blood and language but because of the choices and challenge that it set it self for player which you cant find in most FPS games. Metal Gear V very violent with some deep controversial themes on women & children. Other FPS make blood go even further so you can see how the bullet rips apart the person organs.

I have put spoiler so if you have no interest to hear what I have to say then please don't click on it but thank you if you do and take the time to read and think about it.

I know mankind will have also things in the game but its calmer then Metal Gear V so i don't mind buying it. The blood splat is not that intense like fallout 4 and it was then I cannot buy the game and enjoy it.

Its like military games which Ubisoft makes such as wildland or division its not that gory because hey! We already see enough blood in real life on the news and it so depressing. So why do we need to see that in full gore in a game that we want to relax and enjoy? Just does not make sense to me that reality of blood gore is not enough and that you need see it simulated in all its gore in a game.

I think about all the killing done this year by shooters especially in Orlando and perhaps to support their families and show we care. Its to show that you can develop games and enjoy hardcore realistic games with out the simulated blood bath when we go shooting around. You see the bullets but you don't see the full blood just coming out like you do in real life.

Been watching a video and the developer are wanting players to think about the game after they are done!

They have tried to set realistic things that happen in real life into the game like racism to the argumented and see how they are treated badly. But they could have just made them 2nd class and treated real bad and your in the game to make it worse for them. If a game was to be racist they would be so much noise but when a game want to simulate how organs are rip apart and full blood gore its all good? Its like its accepted to have as much blood as possible but not accepted when it comes to other things?

But if out hearts have really been touch with all the death we see on news and in our neighborhoods and we are sick seeing it happening. Then we should make a difference in the gaming world and show the gaming industry you don't need blood gore to make a good exciting shooting game. I am not saying this and just using it too show why there should not be blood. But that I really do care when I see people gun down in the world and for me that is enough to show why blood splatter is not needed in games. I understand what fantasy violence is but its not fantasy again when the blood is closely simulating how blood splat in a real body being shot with a high powered shot gun.

A quote on Violence

While it can be said that video games help to relieve stress, and enables us to act out in ways we wouldn’t in real life, it also makes the violence less personal. It’s just a game! The trouble is that our minds are not games, and the impact lives on. Another issue is that it leads impressionable minds to believe that they can fight or shoot like a pro because they did so on their gaming console.

Anytime you have desensitisation, you run the risk of an increase in the activity in real life. Most people have no qualm with killing insects, but what about vagrants? Maybe all homeless people should be exterminated to make our lives more pleasant. Of course, this is a huge leap, but it’s been done before.

“We did a comprehensive review of every experimental study, reviewing 381 effects from studies involving 130,000 people, and results show that playing violent video games increases aggressive thoughts, angry feelings, and physiological arousal,” says Brad Bushman, a psychologist at Ohio State University who is one of the best-known proponents of the idea that first-person shooters influence real-world violence.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/body/what-science-knows-about-video-games-and-violence/

WARNING
Some examples of which could have other factors but still its there for all too see i have whiten it out for those who do not want to read it. So Highlight if you want to read it and name have been edited out.

Article to read:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2137757/Are-creating-generation-murderers-Shoot-em-ups-train-gamers-shoot-real-guns-accurately--hit-victims-head.html

WARNING DEPRESSING FACTS BUT JUST WANTED TO SHOW THAT VIOLENT GAMES CAN BE LINK TO VIOLENCE OUT IN THE REAL WORLD. ITS NOT FUN READING SUMMARY ABOUT THE SHOOTING.

Sandy Hook Elementary, was a frequent player of violent first-person shooter video games. It was said his existence largely involved playing violent computer video games in a bedroom.

went on a rampage in a movie theater showing The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado in July 2012, He was a frequent player of violent video games including World of Warcraft, an infamously addictive role-playing game.

Tucson, who shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed six others in Tucson in January 2011, was both mentally ill and a video gamer.

based on his journal, a panel of psychologists, psychiatrists and FBI agents point to Harris' contempt for others and his total lack of empathy and conscience as evidence of his psychopathic tendencies. He also enjoyed violent video games.

killed seven young men and women, including himself. He was hooked on violent video games from a young age from his own admission, hiding himself in World of Warcraft, where he felt comfortable and secure.

killed five, including his mother, father and his three younger siblings. He loved playing violent video games and even enjoyed talking about them to crime investigators.

played violent video games (his rampage enacted a violent scene in Grand Theft Auto)

shot 68 people dead at a youth camp of the Norwegian Labor party, another nine in a bombing of government buildings According to the judgment rendered against him, he liked playing violent games. He actually used the video game Call of Duty to train for his shooting massacre.

shot girls as they prayed in a prayer group. Carneal never moved his feet during his shootings, and never fired far to the left or right, but instead fired only once at each target that appeared, just as a player of video games maximizes his game score by shooting only once at each victim, in order to hit as many targets as possible.

a 12-year-old boy who opened fire with a semiautomatic handgun at Sparks Middle School last October, killing a teacher and wounding two students before turning the gun on himself, had watched violent video games for months.

a 16-year-old, shot dead nine people at and near his high school in Red Lake, Minnesota, had an obsession with violent animation.

shot dead nine people and another seven injured in a community college in southern Oregon.

Much happier Post below but if not interested to read no need to look at it. :D

So have reading all this have it made you more depressed? It shouldn't if you love violence. It has for me and i have not even read the articles cause its too bloody. Can you all still have a heart for those who lost their live in orlando? You cannot have feeling of those who been shot if you desire and crave for blood and gore to be simulated in a game. I want to keep reality away from fantasy so its why its good if blood simulation is NEVER INCLUDED.

And I really hope this has helped us all think again of whether we need simulated blood in a game to make it interesting. Because I know its not the blood or the gore or the language that makes mankind attractive. People go to watch X men and these sci fi movies not because of the blood or that they want to see people punch up. But the story the narrative the characters and that is what attract most to the movie.

They are some who do love the violence and horror and all dark themes and they are games out there for their style but Deus Ex does not need to be that.

It can be different it can show other developer you don't need blood and gore & violent language to hook the audiences.

You also don't need to make it very dark and depressing so you see the gore of why its depressing. It can be just as exciting with out these things and still it can be about slaves. Just like the Matrix and how its very engaging but its not a movie where the character actions results in organ and blood pouring out all over the floor.

Why does dark and Gloomy mean you need to have adult theme in it? Why not do something different? Can be gloomy and depressing but a 12 year old could safely play it.

I don't see why the developer cannot take this approach when it has shown that it works with other games! :)

Like survival game it has been dominated with zombies and monsters and just blood. But they are few who saw an opening and decided to not included zombies or blood splatter. And it was a success! It shows the game can be interesting and successful with out these monsters to scare us to death.

The Long Dark is one such successful early access game where developer decided to be different!

Even MMO games where monster and fantasy need to be included they are hardcore games that has come out that is also very successful and have no monsters or magic. Even set in the period of a medieval setting and very successful! Battles can be very interesting and you don't need monster to give it that attraction.

And how about truck simulation? If it was suggested before you saw one you would think it won't have a market! But the developer prove everyone wrong and that lots of players are very interested in driving trucks from one place to another and all you see is road and trees!

And also also just look at Starwars arcade games and they don't have blood but it still so interesting to play so just showing it can be done. And if it is done the game will still be a successful and like i said even more can play the game with out seeing the blood and gore or the language.

It shown many times that hardcore games can be a major attraction even if it was just sci like Star wars or even with out any killing like racing games. \

Even have an option to turn off the blood or the language so you don't see the blood splatter so if players really do want to see some blood they could just turn it on.

Why would developer take time to have non lethal kills if blood and gore was to be the central theme of the game? If I asked that many years ago for an FPS game i will be told to go away from the forum as I am just being a sissy! If you don't want to see blood then don't buy it would be the response.

I don't know any FPS game that has good non lethal kills, fallout 4 has this but its maximum blood gore with monsters its how it been from the start. Metal Gear V very limited option and lethal kill is maximum fun with weapons. Ghost Reckon Wildland might have non lethal kills I am not sure. Other FPS game in development have lethal kill but its not blood and gore that goes splattered all over the ground. There is one that does this full on because they want to realistic with violent blood.

Even ubisoft watch dog 1 does not have non lethal kills but you just bash them but there is no blood. Watch dog 2 will have it so you can finish the game with out killing anyone.

So at least I am happy and say my thanks again that they have put alot of thought into non lethal take down. And this is all I will post on this topic as I just wanted to let everyone understand they are alternatives and it can work even if people do not believe it.

cmd67082
30th Jun 2016, 08:20
Sounds like you never played Soldier of Fortune (Platinum), Soldier of Fortune 2, and why not..Soldier of Fortune: Payback. Doom...BrutalDoom..

Blood and gore makes games great. Without it, the game becomes lame and the body just flies around like a rag doll and rubber-bands all over the place (using explosives). SOMETIMES that's amusing, but it gets old. The developers even put parental locks to turn off gore so it wouldn't become an issue for either side of the argument.

I mean you can even design a game with blood in mind so when you ARE doing a stealth take-down, you might still have to hide the body...which will leave a blood trail and ruin your stealth if a guard sees it.

I was worried that future of Deus Ex might become blood and gore because the other FPS are doing it too all because of realism. FALLOUT 4 IS ALL EXPLOSION BLOOD AND LIMBS.

The future of Deus Ex? Are you serious? Let's go back to the beginning.

wfqvBH2Xf_4

Hopefully you recognized the game in the video above.

It's funny you bring up Fallout because I'm pretty sure you can't even kill children in that game. Deus Ex gives you a lot of freedom and consequences for it. It was a mature rated game which I hope they keep it that way.

Metal Gear V very violent with some deep controversial themes on women & children.
Same thing with MGSV...you can't kill children. Or if you do, you lose the game. And you certainly can't gib a child in that game. Deus Ex, you can straight up murder children.

And if you played the original Deus Ex...there are hookers, whores, prostitutes (some you can rent in HK Lucky Money), and even a poster in NYC for some BDSM lol. How's that for controversial themes on women?

I enjoy Mankind video not because of the blood and language
You bring up language but I'm pretty sure the original Deus Ex didn't throw as many "f**k" or "****" around as DXHR or MD might.

I5acI46z9Y4

Within the first 24 seconds of the Deus Ex Mankind Divided video, he says "****" lol. I'm sure there is plenty more, but I didn't bother watching.

ESRB Notes on DXHR (http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=31243&Title=Deus+Ex%3a+Human+Revolution)

"The words “f**k” and “*****” can be heard in the dialogue." lol

They are some who do love the violence and horror and all dark themes and they are games out there for their style but Deus Ex does not need to be that.

Violence and dark themes..was actually what kind of made the original Deus Ex. I mean, you can witness hobos beating to death another hobo. You can witness a punk murder some poor girl in an alley. Did I mention there were hookers, whores, and prostitutes? Oh and don't forget the mass murder attempt by some key enemy characters in the game to spread the Gray Death lol. Execution of 'terrorists' without trial. Drug addicts & drug dealers. Gangs. The list goes on.

And also also just look at Starwars arcade games and they don't have blood but it still so interesting to play so just showing it can be done. And if it is done the game will still be a successful and like i said even more can play the game with out seeing the blood and gore or the language

Ok, I'm pretty sure intense, highly focused laser beams will cauterize (https://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+cauterize&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8)wounds lol. They had a perfectly good reason for not having blood. In the movies, Anaken murders children and decapitates someone lol. Actually I think he murder a lot of people. But I digress.

WARNING DEPRESSING FACTS BUT JUST WANTED TO SHOW THAT VIOLENT GAMES CAN BE LINK TO VIOLENCE OUT IN THE REAL WORLD. ITS NOT FUN READING SUMMARY ABOUT THE SHOOTING.

OH GOD NO, NOT POLITICS ON GUN VIOLENCE AND VIDEO GAMES! Y U DO DIS.

Are you sure you're playing the right games for your liking? Perhaps Riven or Myst for challenges?

Would you like to play a nice game of chess instead?

CyberP
6th Jul 2016, 23:27
I'm just going to optimistically assume this is a plant with the objective of generating activity here. Controversy brings many games success these days.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Jul 2016, 09:21
Gotta chuckle at the conspiracy theories... :D

TheDetectiveXx
23rd Jul 2016, 11:39
Thank you Square Einx for having non lethal kills and non lethal weapons! Means so much but I hope there are lots of no lethal weapons to play with! :)

I have put alot of time writing this out so thank you if you can read it all but if you do not want too then do not click on spoiler.

I did not start this thread to flame but just perhaps to think about a different approach to blood gore simulation. If i should not have started this thread then I apologize and will just send it privately to the developers.

And perhaps to get everyone to have 2nd thought and that it not just a game! Perhaps starting this thread will help? It gets me thinking about the issue and why when I play mankind i wouldn't want to blasting full on! Sure its a game but my mind is seeing it as real! I am what I see and read so play enough of simulated violence and could be that you will do the same. I know its a game but the simulation is so real that it feel real! This is not about arcade violence but hardcore simulated violence now that is fooling the mind in thinking its real.

Games are wanting to have such realism so its believable so that is the problem here with blood gore. Its not just an effect. Its showing this is what will happen in real life!

I know mankind has not gone to this length of exploding limbs but again just sharing in case anyone on the team thinks its a good idea to have simulated blood gore like a real body. Because its gaining excitement with other blood gore games so it could mean it will be good too for future games?

And I keep stressing most of us enjoy the game not because it has simulated blood and gore and just violent language. If shooting someone feels fake in the game and you will never want to do that in real life then there is no need to have it so you simulate blood and exploding limbs and heads and organs. If you enjoy the game because of its challenge then there is no reason to put in blood and all its gore.

I enjoy Mankind video not because of the blood and language but because of the choices and challenge that it set it self for player which you cant find in most FPS games. Metal Gear V very violent with some deep controversial themes on women & children. Other FPS make blood go even further so you can see how the bullet rips apart the person organs.

I have put spoiler so if you have no interest to hear what I have to say then please don't click on it but thank you if you do and take the time to read and think about it.

I know mankind will have also things in the game but its calmer then Metal Gear V so i don't mind buying it. The blood splat is not that intense like fallout 4 and it was then I cannot buy the game and enjoy it.

Its like military games which Ubisoft makes such as wildland or division its not that gory because hey! We already see enough blood in real life on the news and it so depressing. So why do we need to see that in full gore in a game that we want to relax and enjoy? Just does not make sense to me that reality of blood gore is not enough and that you need see it simulated in all its gore in a game.

I think about all the killing done this year by shooters especially in Orlando and perhaps to support their families and show we care. Its to show that you can develop games and enjoy hardcore realistic games with out the simulated blood bath when we go shooting around. You see the bullets but you don't see the full blood just coming out like you do in real life.

Been watching a video and the developer are wanting players to think about the game after they are done!

They have tried to set realistic things that happen in real life into the game like racism to the argumented and see how they are treated badly. But they could have just made them 2nd class and treated real bad and your in the game to make it worse for them. If a game was to be racist they would be so much noise but when a game want to simulate how organs are rip apart and full blood gore its all good? Its like its accepted to have as much blood as possible but not accepted when it comes to other things?

But if out hearts have really been touch with all the death we see on news and in our neighborhoods and we are sick seeing it happening. Then we should make a difference in the gaming world and show the gaming industry you don't need blood gore to make a good exciting shooting game. I am not saying this and just using it too show why there should not be blood. But that I really do care when I see people gun down in the world and for me that is enough to show why blood splatter is not needed in games. I understand what fantasy violence is but its not fantasy again when the blood is closely simulating how blood splat in a real body being shot with a high powered shot gun.

A quote on Violence

WARNING
Some examples of which could have other factors but still its there for all too see i have whiten it out for those who do not want to read it. So Highlight if you want to read it and name have been edited out.

Article to read:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2137757/Are-creating-generation-murderers-Shoot-em-ups-train-gamers-shoot-real-guns-accurately--hit-victims-head.html

Sandy Hook Elementary, was a frequent player of violent first-person shooter video games. It was said his existence largely involved playing violent computer video games in a bedroom.

went on a rampage in a movie theater showing The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado in July 2012, He was a frequent player of violent video games including World of Warcraft, an infamously addictive role-playing game.

Tucson, who shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed six others in Tucson in January 2011, was both mentally ill and a video gamer.

based on his journal, a panel of psychologists, psychiatrists and FBI agents point to Harris' contempt for others and his total lack of empathy and conscience as evidence of his psychopathic tendencies. He also enjoyed violent video games.

killed seven young men and women, including himself. He was hooked on violent video games from a young age from his own admission, hiding himself in World of Warcraft, where he felt comfortable and secure.

killed five, including his mother, father and his three younger siblings. He loved playing violent video games and even enjoyed talking about them to crime investigators.

played violent video games (his rampage enacted a violent scene in Grand Theft Auto)

shot 68 people dead at a youth camp of the Norwegian Labor party, another nine in a bombing of government buildings According to the judgment rendered against him, he liked playing violent games. He actually used the video game Call of Duty to train for his shooting massacre.

shot girls as they prayed in a prayer group. Carneal never moved his feet during his shootings, and never fired far to the left or right, but instead fired only once at each target that appeared, just as a player of video games maximizes his game score by shooting only once at each victim, in order to hit as many targets as possible.

a 12-year-old boy who opened fire with a semiautomatic handgun at Sparks Middle School last October, killing a teacher and wounding two students before turning the gun on himself, had watched violent video games for months.

a 16-year-old, shot dead nine people at and near his high school in Red Lake, Minnesota, had an obsession with violent animation.

shot dead nine people and another seven injured in a community college in southern Oregon.

Much happier Post below but if not interested to read no need to look at it. :D

So have reading all this have it made you more depressed? It shouldn't if you love violence. It has for me and i have not even read the articles cause its too bloody. Can you all still have a heart for those who lost their live in orlando? You cannot have feeling of those who been shot if you desire and crave for blood and gore to be simulated in a game. I want to keep reality away from fantasy so its why its good if blood simulation is NEVER INCLUDED.

And I really hope this has helped us all think again of whether we need simulated blood in a game to make it interesting. Because I know its not the blood or the gore or the language that makes mankind attractive. People go to watch X men and these sci fi movies not because of the blood or that they want to see people punch up. But the story the narrative the characters and that is what attract most to the movie.

It can be different it can show other developer you don't need blood and gore & violent language to hook the audiences.

You also don't need to make it very dark and depressing so you see the gore of why its depressing. It can be just as exciting with out these things and still it can be about slaves. Just like the Matrix and how its very engaging but its not a movie where the character actions results in organ and blood pouring out all over the floor.

Why does dark and Gloomy mean you need to have adult theme in it? Why not do something different? Can be gloomy and depressing but a 12 year old could safely play it.

I don't see why the developer cannot take this approach when it has shown that it works with other games! :)

Like survival game it has been dominated with zombies and monsters and just blood. But they are few who saw an opening and decided to not included zombies or blood splatter. And it was a success! It shows the game can be interesting and successful with out these monsters to scare us to death.

The Long Dark is one such successful early access game where developer decided to be different!

Even MMO games where monster and fantasy need to be included they are hardcore games that has come out that is also very successful and have no monsters or magic. Even set in the period of a medieval setting and very successful! Battles can be very interesting and you don't need monster to give it that attraction.

And how about truck simulation? If it was suggested before you saw one you would think it won't have a market! But the developer prove everyone wrong and that lots of players are very interested in driving trucks from one place to another and all you see is road and trees!

And also also just look at Starwars arcade games and they don't have blood but it still so interesting to play so just showing it can be done. And if it is done the game will still be a successful and like i said even more can play the game with out seeing the blood and gore or the language.

It shown many times that hardcore games can be a major attraction even if it was just sci like Star wars or even with out any killing like racing games. \

Even have an option to turn off the blood or the language so you don't see the blood splatter so if players really do want to see some blood they could just turn it on.

Why would developer take time to have non lethal kills if blood and gore was to be the central theme of the game? If I asked that many years ago for an FPS game i will be told to go away from the forum as I am just being a sissy! If you don't want to see blood then don't buy it would be the response.

I don't know any FPS game that has good non lethal kills, fallout 4 has this but its maximum blood gore with monsters its how it been from the start. Metal Gear V very limited option and lethal kill is maximum fun with weapons. Ghost Reckon Wildland might have non lethal kills I am not sure. Other FPS game in development have lethal kill but its not blood and gore that goes splattered all over the ground. There is one that does this full on because they want to realistic with violent blood.

Even ubisoft watch dog 1 does not have non lethal kills but you just bash them but there is no blood. Watch dog 2 will have it so you can finish the game with out killing anyone.

So at least I am happy and say my thanks again that they have put alot of thought into non lethal take down. And this is all I will post on this topic as I just wanted to let everyone understand they are alternatives and it can work even if people do not believe it.

God i hate humans, its a game if someone plays a game then goes out & starts shooting others its not the game they are just freaking crazy or screwed in the head. games do not cause real life Violence & in the cases that they do that person was already crazy as hell and anything would have set them off, hell a wet fart might have caused them to kill everyone. stop it with this crap i have heard enough of it. if you really think the game will make you hurt someone then don't play it that is not the games fault that is your own

Quote" I know its a game but the simulation is so real that it feel real! This is not about arcade violence but hardcore simulated violence now that is fooling the mind in thinking its real. "unquote you have not seen real Violence and i hope to god you never do. it's a game and if a game is making you feel like that you should seek mental help if you have those kinds of thoughts before you do hurt someone.