PDA

View Full Version : ALL CHALANAGES AUTO COMPLETED THEMSELVES!!!

MaksJ23PL
25th Jun 2016, 09:44
I would like to point some crucial problem that was introduced today when I logged on. I started Sapienza map with strong belief this day I complete all my challanges for Italy location, but suddenly I noticed that ALL CHALLANGES HAS BEEN COMPLETED! Why is that happen? From Steam forum I know that problem is global. Please IO do something about it.

Taking adventage of this opportunity there is another annoying problem that some people talk about. Disappearing textures then aiming guns. It started when Sapienza has been released but it wastn't fixed yet. It seems to be DX12 problem, but people with AMD GPU's most likely (like I'am) like to play game in DX12 since overall performance is better. Please fix it too.

Some pictures related to 2nd problem:
http://prntscr.com/bke48g
http://prntscr.com/bke5qr

Subbeh
25th Jun 2016, 09:55
I had the same thing happening to me today. All challenges of all maps are done. No use playing now.

Mantexas
25th Jun 2016, 10:02
Same thing happened to me today.

Spence17188
25th Jun 2016, 11:27
The same thing has happened to me during the Final Test in Escalation. It changed the number of challenges available in the training level to 228 from 48. It also unlocked nearly every challenge in the game including past and future elusive targets. And as of right now, there is no way to reverse this as save data is saved to servers. People with issues related to this have posted some more info about this in the bug report thread.

SUparJErk
25th Jun 2016, 20:02
Same here. After the "server maintenance" this morning, I signed into HITMAN to find almost all of my Challenges had completed themselves with only one exception - "Investigator" in World of Tomorrow.

Additionally, assassination challenges were visible that I have to assume are for upcoming elusive contracts or otherwise not-yet-released content. My Showstopper assassination challenge list included completed challenges for "The Director", "The Identity Thief", Sapienza's challenge list included "The Prince" and a few others I can't recall now. I should have screenshotted it. These are all gone now, but they were definitely there when I first noticed this problem this morning. The completion of all challenges is still an issue, though.

SUparJErk
25th Jun 2016, 22:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6-CUVy15Vs

All signs point to their servers being compromised.

If you are going to insist on adopting this "always online" kind of crap with the games you make, you CANNOT let this kind of **** happen.

MindlessAssassin
4th Jul 2016, 07:49
Any updates on this problem? I am having the same issue..

TheBikingViking
6th Jul 2016, 08:21
Hi everyone

We've updated the servers today to resolve this issue. Essentially, these auto-completed challenges should now be "un-completed" again.

Let me know if you're still seeing issues and if so, what kind of issues you're seeing.

Mantexas
6th Jul 2016, 08:49
The challenges are still completed for me.

Bababaa
6th Jul 2016, 08:50
About half the completed challenges are now "un-completed" for me, but still got the other half done -.-

I've played for about 30 minutes and would be totaly happy (well, not happy, satisfied) with a flat wipe to my account (as I've been asking for for the last week and a half), but I guess thats not happening... <<

SkyyNet
6th Jul 2016, 09:14
All of the game challenges are still completed for me as well. Before the ''unlocked challenges'' incident i had 100% of the available challenges on ICA Facility/Paris/Sapienza and 0% of the challenges on Marrakesh (hadn't played it yet). I'd be happy to get a reset on Marrakesh only. I have played for more than 100 hours and i would hate a full reset.

TheBikingViking
6th Jul 2016, 11:54
Thanks for the info. I'm sorry that it didn't help (at least not fully); we'll continue to investigate!

It would be great if you could provide me your Steam ID's (ideally via PM)

FizzyBongo
6th Jul 2016, 12:48
Just checked and there has been no change for me. I had only completed the tutorial levels when I was hit with a wave of completed challenges across all maps. I have full mastery on Paris despite having never completed that map. I now have all suits, weapons, and items. I haven't played much since because my progress is basically meaningless. Very disappointed. From what little I played, this seems like a fantastic Hitman game.

TheBikingViking
6th Jul 2016, 13:21
This has already been helpful, as we discovered a parameter (that I think you guys have in common) that we overlooked during our initial sweep. So this will allow us to conduct a better investigation into the issue and fix it. I can't give an ETA just yet, but we're on it!

FizzyBongo
6th Jul 2016, 13:32
Sounds promising. Thank you!

Bazilx
6th Jul 2016, 16:23
Sent you a PM, my challenges also remain incorrectly completed.

TheBikingViking
7th Jul 2016, 05:53
Thanks, I don't think I need any more Steam ID's at this point. I think we've found the pattern, at least. Will let you know when there's an update.

morrae
7th Jul 2016, 18:54
Thanks, I don't think I need any more Steam ID's at this point. I think we've found the pattern, at least. Will let you know when there's an update.

Hopefuly it won't take another week. I really want to play the game already, because it's very cool, but no point without these challenges

MaksJ23PL
8th Jul 2016, 09:40
Hi everyone

We've updated the servers today to resolve this issue. Essentially, these auto-completed challenges should now be "un-completed" again.

Let me know if you're still seeing issues and if so, what kind of issues you're seeing.

Challanges remain completed. There is a problem with African location mastery that is not unlocking.

Standard1
9th Jul 2016, 05:18
Hi,

I paid full price for this game. All challenges are unlocked and I haven't played it that much. Cant access content as mastery wont go up as the challenges are already completed. This is disgraceful. Can you please fix it.

My STEAM ID is Standard.

ministefan1
9th Jul 2016, 11:14
i still got the same problem! . please fix it so i self can complete my challenges and game!

MindlessAssassin
9th Jul 2016, 12:25
Still having the same issue. I also ran into this problem while completing the tutorial level. I think my game lost connection to the server halfway through the tutorial level as well. There is no reason to play with this persisting problem. PLEASE HALP!

MaksJ23PL
9th Jul 2016, 22:13
There are still problems with challanges that remain unlocked for like 2 weeks. The biggest annoyance of that state of matter is that I cannot get my mastery items in Marrakeh. And what about rollback? There was 5th elusive during this "breakout" I do not wish to loose my rightfully claimed absolution suit. There are also few multiplied items in menu and vampire magicial outfit is able to be equipped in any mission which is weird.

When do we receive fix for this? Shouldn't it be important thing to do for you guys? To fix the problem asap?

giodna
10th Jul 2016, 09:57
Any update on this? I do not care too much about the challenges but without them I cannot increase the mastery to 20/20...Is there a solution to have mastery without challenges?

Bababaa
11th Jul 2016, 05:17
There are still problems with challanges that remain unlocked for like 2 weeks.

OVER 3 weeks actualy. Which is freakin' ridiculous.

JUST RESET MY DAMN ACCOUNT ALREADY.

I STILL don't understand why they insist on storing saves server-side either, other than as a crazy-intrusive DRM system that's screwing all us paying customers over... If I had access to my own saves, then a simple SHIFT-Delete would instantly solve this issue for me...

Asi1l01
11th Jul 2016, 07:40
A bit out of topic but even today (July 2016) there are 3-4 Vampire challenges in Paris episode that cannot be accomplished(!) In fact they are appears OK when they achieved/done (meaning they appear on the top of the right screen with check and name and image!) BUT THEN after doing no matter what when mission done/failed etc. (all the following options end with same result REPLY/REPLY MISSION/LOAD/EXIT MAIN MENU --> CHALLENGE DISAPPEAR!!!)
The challenges are: My Next Trick! (set target on fire), Shocking/Electric Victor, Chandelier on Dalia, Exit Mission via catacombs and Therefore due to that Master Vampire challenge is missing too.

*NOTE: Reproduced Every time! (I tried more than 10 times already I'm on latest version PS4, Full experience, all episode and other challenges are accomplished!)

TheBikingViking
11th Jul 2016, 10:10
FYI: We are going to have some downtime for PC tomorrow (July 12th) at 09-10am CEST, where we will hopefully get the remaining issues with auto-completed challenges fixed. Expect the challenges that auto-completed and didn't give XP to be reset, so you can now complete them properly and get the XP you deserve.

Let me know if you still experience issues after the downtime related to challenges and if so, please be specific around the issue.

MaksJ23PL
11th Jul 2016, 11:07
I've read BikingViking's post above, but I just wanted to share how does the problem looks from my point of viev. Some of affected users might agree with me, as there is also a discussion on steam forum. I feel like you need to work on your community management guys.
--->

Ok, so this topic is about 2 pages right now and just be growing bigger and bigger. Then let me put few things together, and then let's see how it looks like for now if it is all correct.

1. There was a problem, that IO not concidering as a internal problem with game code. Problem caused some people to get all challanges completed and in the same time denying them to get all additional items that comes with mastery.
2. IO concider it as an issue [there was double negation, from logic point of viev double negation is equal to no negation], but in the same time they do not seem to want to help affected, because they do not want to reset challanges and there was no fix in 2 weeks time for now.
3. IO do not concider it as an issue WITH GAME CODE. So i assume next step would be to say that is not a problem at all, at this time they impicating that this is not their problem, because it's not game code fault (implicature). I'm very disappointed with such approach.
4. Problem that is blocking some people abillity to claim mastery items still exist and is going to exist in future.
5. There is no rollback, there is no unlock mastery for few of us. Challanges remain completed no matter what.
6. Developer faild fixing game \ not tried to.

All in all most importat is to be said that problem is stil there, IO seems to know about it, but also say that is not a problem with their game. Does it make this problem not to be their problem? Or maybe there are just problematic people who brought the game for 60$ and have some weird wishes to run the game as it supposed to be? Or devs do not want to reset because having 3 types of chewing gum and vampire magicial outfit in "wardrobe" avaible is exact thing that they expected from their game from the start?

So, how does it sounds like for you, because for me it looks like ignorance from their side and honestly I do not fell like they do anything more than just saying the problem exist.

TheBikingViking
12th Jul 2016, 07:27
Hi MaksJ23PL

We have fully acknowledged that there is an issue affecting some players with challenges being auto-completed without being granted XP as well, and as I said above, we are working to fix that and have right now taken down the PC servers to try and fix the issue.

When they are back up, hopefully all the auto-completed challenges should be back to their non-completed state, meaning that you can complete them and earn XP.

TheBikingViking
12th Jul 2016, 09:37
Hi everyone

We've now completed the server maintenance to clean up e.g the auto-completed challenges. Please let me know if this helped or if you're still seeing issues (and if so, what kind of issues you're seeing - the more details, e.g. screenshots, the better).

morrae
12th Jul 2016, 10:04
Hi everyone

We've now completed the server maintenance to clean up e.g the auto-completed challenges. Please let me know if this helped or if you're still seeing issues (and if so, what kind of issues you're seeing - the more details, e.g. screenshots, the better).

Really was hoping that would do it, but unfortunately it didn't help to me at all. Still a lot of stuff completed.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/morrae/screenshot/277352705474737283
This with only training mission completed on my account. As you can see, majority of challenges still there, mastery is at level 1 on all of the levels. Ironicly I have 1 more challenge complete now on Paris level.
Can we PLEASE get an option to reset already? It's been almost 3 weeks!

jjas01
12th Jul 2016, 10:06
Hi everyone

So yeah you have now created some new issues.

My 5 ET's challenge has been reset. Images here.

http://imgur.com/xTHYTnP

http://imgur.com/2qI62YV

One of my escalations has also been reset.

http://imgur.com/MdZ61CA

http://imgur.com/PRMRqKb

Mantexas
12th Jul 2016, 10:07
The challenges are STILL completed for me. pls bois

Bababaa
12th Jul 2016, 10:07
Can we PLEASE get an option to reset already? It's been almost 3 weeks!

Don't be silly, that makes far too much sense! We obviously have to wait another month for yet another 'fix' that does nothing >>

MaksJ23PL
12th Jul 2016, 10:24
Hi Devs;

You asked for posting results of your recent actions. And I can tell, yoy probably going in right direction, because dublicated items dissapeared, there is no items that should not have been there [chewing gums, cell phones, not sure about firearms they might be still not right, you have to check it] but the main problme remain. There is no way to get mastery unlock since challanges are completed.

Some screens:
http://imgur.com/a/b1AjV

First one shows challanges and below is marrakeh mastery.

Second mastery levels that cannot be achieved.

Third one is vampire outfit. I'm ok with other outfits can keep them as recompenstion. But if you not allow it keep in mind I preordered game, and killed all elusives up to this time.

http://imgur.com/a/MoKYW

some more pictures just to be save. I have my elusived killed. But there is also weapon that did not came with any mastery. TAC SMG Covert. But it's also fine. Just saying.

morrae
12th Jul 2016, 10:47
Honestly, we've been paitent (some more than others, but still) and at this point this issue is long overdue fixing. Another week of waiting for developers to try and do another thing and not being able to play is ridiculous.
I think IO should admit defeat and reset profiles for people who are wishing to do that. WHAT SHOULD'VE BEEN OFFERED 3 WEEKS AGO. And THEN carry on fixing this on their leisure time for others who are willing to wait.
I don't. I wanted to play this 3 weeks ago, I only finished one measly tutorial and got locked out of the content for 3 weeks. I believed devs will get their act together and fix it, but now I am considering asking steam for refund. If they won't offer resets and start feedig us "we are looking into that" again with no clear ETA's, I am done.

Swixel
12th Jul 2016, 10:55
Having just posted in the bug thread I'll repeat some of it here with less brevity...

All of mine unlocked on the 25th, the fix on the 6th didn't fix it, nor did today's (but thank you for trying -- I do appreciate it). The fix on the 6th showed a visual fix but it was only that -- the challenges didn't show me completing them as I did them, they were completed when I got out of the map I was on.

The rogue items are gone (3x gum + phone), but the rogue suits are not: https://i.imgur.com/SzxdEJX.png (I should only have the Elusive Target 5x unlock and the base suits (5/5 on the targets); Blood Money and the Vampire Magician don't belong, though the cape is pretty fun to swish about in places you normally can't). I'm not really worried about the suits, save that people might do crazy things with the Vampire Magician (making impossible challenges for those who weren't impacted by this).

As I already had Mastery 20 in the three locations I personally don't want my account reset (just take the suits) -- there are a lot of challenges I don't want to replay, and the others I honestly don't care too much about (I was getting around to them, but honestly it's not a big deal for me -- I remember the ones I really didn't want to do and I'm still going to give them a shot regardless of their state in the game for me). (I don't mind if the devs can/will reset accounts of those who want it done, I just don't want to ever have to do certain challenges again.)

Unfortunately I don't run the Steam overlay while playing Hitman (as I linked it very early on to potential issues), so all I have are the shots I take using dxtory (when I think about opening it in the background before I play) -- the only useful one being the one linked above, taken a few minutes ago.

TheBikingViking
12th Jul 2016, 11:37
Hi everyone

I'm sorry that didn't fix it. Please understand that this is a fairly complicated matter and we also have to be careful that we don't affect other players that shouldn't have their progression change.

We'll continue to investigate and try to find solutions and yes, we'll look into functionality to reset accounts, but please be patient. We need to do this right, while also trying to juggle a lot of other work we also have on our plate. I understand it's very frustrating for you guys, but know that we're doing what we can to fix the situation.

SkyyNet
12th Jul 2016, 11:40
Nothing changed for me. I still have all challenges unlocked on Marrakesh with a mastery level of 2/20. I'd be happy to ONLY get a reset on Marrakesh as before this incident i had all challenges in ICA Facility/Paris/Sapienza rightfully unlocked.

http://i.imgur.com/YHEPEEw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TCfS2p8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Ft0jwhW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CFA5C3f.jpg

Edit: Apparently my rating for The Forger (Elusive Target #1) got screwed over and the game shows my score as if i didn't get the Never Spotted bonus despite actually getting it back then when i played it. I achieved SA rating on The Forger back then and i have proof of it.

Here is a screenshot i uploaded weeks before this incident even happened: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693280185

Nickich1
12th Jul 2016, 11:50
nothing changed for me at all everything is still unlocked.

http://imgur.com/PGxROOa

Bennet27
12th Jul 2016, 12:12
Nothing changed. I bought these three Episode for 30€ and I want to have the full experience. Just give a total reset option to the guys and work on the accounts who don't want to reset their stats... Do anything...

giodna
12th Jul 2016, 16:44
Hi everyone

I'm sorry that didn't fix it. Please understand that this is a fairly complicated matter and we also have to be careful that we don't affect other players that shouldn't have their progression change.

We'll continue to investigate and try to find solutions and yes, we'll look into functionality to reset accounts, but please be patient. We need to do this right, while also trying to juggle a lot of other work we also have on our plate. I understand it's very frustrating for you guys, but know that we're doing what we can to fix the situation.

Thanks for the support TBV, I am a developer myself and I imagine how sensitive these kind of repairs are. Please keep us updated!

Bazilx
12th Jul 2016, 18:32
but please be patient.

I think we all appreciate you talking to us and being transparent so thank you a lot for doing that and it helps us be patient. However it's been 3 weeks since I bought this game and I've not been able to play since day 1, patience only goes so far, you know?

MaksJ23PL
13th Jul 2016, 18:32
Is it a coincidence that me and SkyNet have both mastery frozen in marakeh in exact same spot on level 2?

jimbianco
13th Jul 2016, 18:52
I'm still trying to figure out what "chalanages" are. Is that some kind of French pastry?

Hunne23
13th Jul 2016, 19:26
Hi everyone

No, no more patience...what patterns are you talking about actually? you can´t expect people to be patient after 3 weeks and 2 failed attempts to fix whatever it is that is wrong, and I certainly can´t be bothered with cellphone apps and ETs that are on your plate while the game is in an unplayable state, hell, I don´t even care for the next ET since the last one was, tbh, quite lame and there isn´t really a point in doing them as of now.

Steam won´t give me back my money, that´s the one and ONLY reason I still bear with you "failsaves", but rest assured, it was the last time I bought from SE/IOI.

MaksJ23PL
13th Jul 2016, 23:40
Now I just want you to reset my progres. Just be sure to leave my elusive target and pre order suits. My steam nick is The Bear. Really guys it just takes too long right now. YOu are up to release next elusive and 2 episodes in next week and I m not be able to get mastery on marrakeh. That's a big dissapointment.

In this moment I fell like it's just not in a good taste to even talk about patience.

morrae
14th Jul 2016, 15:09
Anything to relort? Any news? What's the ETA of the next fix attempt?

jimbianco
14th Jul 2016, 18:07
Anything to relort? Any news? What's the ETA of the next fix attempt?

is your game fixed? There's your answer.

ministefan1
14th Jul 2016, 18:44
FYI: We are going to have some downtime for PC tomorrow (July 12th) at 09-10am CEST, where we will hopefully get the remaining issues with auto-completed challenges fixed. Expect the challenges that auto-completed and didn't give XP to be reset, so you can now complete them properly and get the XP you deserve.

Let me know if you still experience issues after the downtime related to challenges and if so, please be specific around the issue.

WTF TheBikingViking. the problem have never been that the challenges dont give any xp ? . all my challenges got complete auto in marrakesh just when i startet a game, AND i did get xp for it! i have now mastery level 20 out of 20 in marrakesh even i only completed the half by myself!. GODDAMN START TO UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM you stupid developers! . i will contact a lawyer to get my money back for the game if you not soon fix it or least give a update about it . i have been waiting more than a ******* month on you developers do something about it!! goddamnit!

MaksJ23PL
14th Jul 2016, 19:38
i will contact a lawyer to get my money back for the game if you not soon fix it or least give a update about it .

You made my day with this one bro XD One thing to be mad on devs, sure, this is completly right they should finally do something about it [i mean something that will fix it, not try to fix it] but that thing with lawyer sound really funny.

Bazilx
15th Jul 2016, 17:06
i have now mastery level 20 out of 20 in marrakesh even i only completed the half by myself!. GODDAMN START TO UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM goddamnit!

It seems different people have different problems. My problem is that the challenges are completed and I don't have any XP so I can't actually earn any XP.

Hunne23
15th Jul 2016, 17:16
it won´t hurt consulting a lawyer nevertheless, maybe I´ll do that just to know what´s what, won´t cost me a penny...

ministefan1
16th Jul 2016, 09:40
i have masterylevel 20 out of 20 in marrakesh and all challenges is completed , not only in marrakesh but all the other challenges i have from all the other maps also got auto completed , i did not get xp for it on the other maps, so i still have my original mastery level on the other maps , but it will be impossible for me to get higher in mastery level on the other maps when all my challenges is completed . please reset my account !

MaksJ23PL
17th Jul 2016, 13:27
Just a reminder. Problem is still there. Fix it, please.

MindlessAssassin
18th Jul 2016, 11:02
WHY NO RESPONSE. Someone please....pretty please HALP!

morrae
18th Jul 2016, 11:30
Any news? Can we get an ETA, please? 4th week is right around the corner

Hunne23
18th Jul 2016, 18:28
face it lads, SE gives a fck about this, all they do is trash out ETs and eventually bonus levels...they´ll never fix this as not enough people are affected, me thinks

MaksJ23PL
18th Jul 2016, 22:58
They have to fix it.

TrickyDevice
19th Jul 2016, 12:03
I know it must be frustrating not getting a solution yet, but...
Lawyers???
Ohmegawd... that is just too funny.

TheBikingViking
19th Jul 2016, 12:09
Hi everyone

Sorry for the lack of communication; we've been super busy - plus I've had a few vacation days. Yes, us developers need vacation too :)

During the downtime today, preparing for the summer bonus episode release, we ran some additional script that we believe (and really hope) fixes the problem for you guys (with the auto-completed challenges).

Please let me know what the situation looks like now! Thanks :)

MaksJ23PL
19th Jul 2016, 12:39
It's shame that after update nothing has changed I have downloaded 4,3 gb content, and challanges remained completed, just Vampire Outfit is finally gone. Also new content is not enabled though I have full game + all addition content brought. Sorry guys, you don't even posted those changes (fix with challanges) in changelog on steam.

nderlined I have to check once more

morrae
19th Jul 2016, 12:43
It didn't work.
Still have all my challenges unlocked.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/271723758961543801/DDE457ACC5033887C29A8FBAFBFC371E033F4D3C/

Also, summer episodes are locked even though I've bought full experience. Geez.

MaksJ23PL
19th Jul 2016, 12:45
It didn't work.
Still have all my challenges unlocked.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/271723758961543801/DDE457ACC5033887C29A8FBAFBFC371E033F4D3C/

Also, summer episodes are locked even though I've bought full experience. Geez.

Same for me... :\

TheBikingViking
19th Jul 2016, 12:53
The summer bonus episode will become available soon; it's a switch in the Steam backend that needs to update.

As for the challenges... that's unfortunate to hear.

MaksJ23PL, with the challenges that are completed, did you not get any XP for them?

SkyyNet
19th Jul 2016, 12:57
Hi everyone

Sorry for the lack of communication; we've been super busy - plus I've had a few vacation days. Yes, us developers need vacation too :)

During the downtime today, preparing for the summer bonus episode release, we ran some additional script that we believe (and really hope) fixes the problem for you guys (with the auto-completed challenges).

Please let me know what the situation looks like now! Thanks :)

The fix didn't work for me either unfortunately :(

http://i.imgur.com/NEMPqhW.jpg

Can i please get a reset on Marrakesh ONLY? I haven't played since June 26 because of this incident.

MaksJ23PL
19th Jul 2016, 12:59
The summer bonus episode will become available soon; it's a switch in the Steam backend that needs to update.

As for the challenges... that's unfortunate to hear.

MaksJ23PL, with the challenges that are completed, did you not get any XP for them?

Thanks for response Viking.
That the case. I did not. I'm not able to get those unlocks from june 25-26. All challanges became unlocked and I'm stuck on mastery level 2, with no possibility to raise it to get those items.

I'll add a few screen in a moment, stay tuned please. I see some more problems.

SCREENSHOTS:

http://imgur.com/a/lJ0Ye

You should really see those.

TheBikingViking
19th Jul 2016, 13:51
Thx

If you're experiencing this issue, please provide the following info:

- Steam ID (ideally the SteamID64 that starts with 7656)
- Paris: # of challenges completed / Mastery level
- Sapienza: # of challenges completed / Mastery level
- Marrakesh: # of challenges completed / Mastery level

This will make it a bit easier for us to narrow down on the problem.

MaksJ23PL
19th Jul 2016, 14:12
Thx

Steam ID for (76561198081811431) is The Bear
[I hope that's what you were asking for, for steam codename, not account name]

Ok, I got this... I hope it helps.
steamID
STEAM_0:1:60772851

Paris 95\20 [I completed myself, but not all challanges]

Sapienza 89\20 [I completed myself, but not all challanges]

Marrakesh 72\2

+ I am owner of pre order and full exerience
+ I killed 6 elusives so far

[U]THAT'S IT. I FILLED INFORMATION

ministefan1
19th Jul 2016, 14:23
it still dosent work .

Nickich1
19th Jul 2016, 16:28
Thx

Same nothing changed for me everything still unlocked.

http://imgur.com/99nHEU5

- Steam ID 76561198008577530
- Paris: 95 / 20 Mastery Level
- Sapienza: 74 / 10 Mastery Level
- Marrakesh: 71 / 6 Mastery level

hope this information helps you narrow down the problem

Bazilx
19th Jul 2016, 18:23
Thanks for getting back to us, hope you had a relaxing vacation.

Thx

- Steam ID 76561197992904412
- Paris: 82 / Mastery level 1
- Sapienza: 67 / Mastery level 1
- Marrakesh: 61 / Mastery level 2 (From completing illusive target)

TheBikingViking
19th Jul 2016, 19:44
Thanks everyone. This is definitely a tricky issue! I know this is very frustrating, but it's quite complex to fix and it's impossible for us to know if it works until we've made the changes live, so that's why you're seeing this trial and error.

We'll keep trying though!

MaksJ23PL
19th Jul 2016, 20:02
For those that cannot get Sapienza\ Marrakesh mastery it seems i found a little workaround for this. You could play new episodes in night version of the maps, I m going to try it for myself I hope I can get 20 Marrakesh mastery and it's items that way.

It doesn't mean that I do not want devs to fix the problem already. It wouldbe nice to get those challanges way it meant to be.

I hope I just would not crash something else that way...

I'll be updating my score in Marrakesh in my previous post for you guys. You could still reset Marrakesh for me (only day map). For now my mastry is level 2, and 71 completed challanges I post it before it changes.

But all changes will be most likely related to night map, so If you would like to reset Marrakesh... well you know.

EDIT: Well ****, they do not add to mastery...

Hisriel
19th Jul 2016, 21:53
I'll give my info too :

- Steam ID : 7656119805913276 (Nickname : Hisriel)
- Paris: 95 challenges completed / Mastery level 1
- Sapienza: 67 challenges completed / Mastery level 1
- Marrakesh: 71 challenges completed / Mastery level 1

Note that I haven't played Paris, Sapienza or Marrakech yet.
I also never tried any Elusive Target.

SackingDalumba
19th Jul 2016, 23:26
- Steam ID : 76561198086726732 (Nickname : Dalumba)
- Paris: 95/95 challenges completed / Mastery level 1
- Sapienza: 70/94 challenges completed / Mastery level 2
- Marrakesh: 71/76 challenges completed / Mastery level 1

I started playing on June 24!
All Challenge unlocks June 25!

SkyyNet
20th Jul 2016, 00:04
- Steam ID: 76561197980661609
- Paris: 95/95 of challenges completed / Mastery level 20 (Acquired all challenges before June 24)
- Sapienza: 94/118 of challenges completed / Mastery level 20 (Acquired all challenges before June 24)
- Marrakesh: 71/112 of challenges completed / Mastery level 2 (Acquired some XP from The Gunrunner Elusive Target)

Swixel
20th Jul 2016, 03:28
I've got the issue, but it's not impacting my ability to play due to already having the mastery required. (In the event it comes up, I do not want a reset; the fountain challenges and a couple of kill setups I did make me not want to revisit large chunks of what I've done.)

SteamID: 76561197993978679
ICA Facility
Challenges: 43/43 - I had not completed all of them.

Paris
Mastery: 20
Challenges: 95/95 - I had not completed all of them (was off by a few).

Sapienza
Challenges: 110/118 - I'd done all of it prior to the Summer release.

Marrakesh
Challenges: 73/112 - I'd done all of it prior to the Summer release.

From the Career Menu (in the event this helps at all) -- this is ignoring the new ones:

SteamID: 76561197993978679
Prologue: 43/43 - I had not completed all of them.
The Showstopper: 95/95 - I had not completed all of them.
World of Tomorrow 94/94 - I'd done them all.
A Guilded Cage 94/94 - I'd done them all.
Elusive Targets 13/13 - The count is wrong anyway (missing the Gun Runner and the Twin). I missed two SAs (Forger and Congressman) due to bugs, and the "Do X" values are clearly wrong here for me (as there have only been 6).

As an aside, thank you for moving the Elusive Targets to their own area :)

Double_Crossover
20th Jul 2016, 03:34
Thx

- Steam ID: 76561198284633566
- ICA facility: 43/43 all autocompleted
- Paris: 95/95 / Mastery level: 1
- Sapienza: 70/94 / Mastery level: 1
- Marrakesh: 71/76 / Mastery level: 1

GR1MRE4PER_AUT
20th Jul 2016, 06:21
Here are my actual data:
- Steam ID : 76561197985904301 (Nickname : GR!MRE4PER)
- Paris: 95/95 challenges completed / Mastery level 20 (I dont even finished a single challenge in this map)
- Sapienza: 80/94 challenges completed / Mastery level 5 (I made some challenges to get this Mastery lvl)
- Marrakesh: 71/76 challenges completed / Mastery level 2 (I made some challenges to get this Mastery lvl)
- Elusive Target 1-4 auto completed and 5-6 I played by my self.

When I was playing Paris the first time suddenly all challenges auto completed for all 3 maps.
I only made some challenges which were left in map 2 and 3.
Here are my data from: 27.06 when I realised the first time that everything ist auto completed:
- Paris: Mastery level 20
- Sapienza: Mastery level 0
- Marrakesh: Mastery level 0
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/487894227428529583/5C8487810B4F00256EB2A678A273A48E2348B4A5/

Testame
20th Jul 2016, 09:39
- Steam ID: 76561197996458869
- ICA facility: 43/43
- Paris: 84/95 / Mastery level: 20
- Sapienza: 97/94 / Mastery level: 9
- Marrakesh: 48/76 / Mastery level: 9

I unlocked all of Paris mission on my own but Sapienza and Marrakesh was auto-completed except for a few challenges

FizzyBongo
20th Jul 2016, 10:18
- Steam ID: 76561197971738622 (FizzyBongo)

After fix #3:
- Paris: 95/95 - Mastery level: 20
- Sapienza: 69/118 - Mastery level: 1
- Marrakesh: 71/112 - Mastery level: 1

After fix #2:
- Paris: 101/104 - Mastery level: 20
- Sapienza: 76/103 - Mastery level: 1
- Marrakesh: 77/79 - Mastery level: 1

Before I was hit with the auto-complete issue on June 25/26, I had only completed the ICA Facility missions and some challenges for those missions. I was playing Paris when the majority of challenges somehow became auto-completed. Up until that point I had not completed Paris, and I had never played Sapienza and Marrakesh.

Bennet27
20th Jul 2016, 10:59
-Steam ID: Bennet2747

-ICA facility: 43/43
-Paris: 80/95
-Sapenzia: 80/94
-Marrakesh: 46/76

Before the bug started I didn't do many challenges, I didn#t even finished Marrakesh :D

ElBanana
20th Jul 2016, 12:49
- Steam ID: 76561197972255286
- ICA Facility: 43/43
- Paris: 95/95 (Mastery level 20)
- Sapienza: 88/94 (Mastery level 20)
- Marrakesh: 71/76 (Mastery level 20)

- In Paris and Sapienza I already reached mastery level 20 before the bug.
- In Marrakesh my mastery level was about 8 before the bug (as far as I remember).

- In both Paris, Sapienza and Marrakesh I was no where near having completed all challenges, when the bug started, and it's fine if you can reset the challenges completely.

morrae
20th Jul 2016, 15:02
- Steam ID 76561198004881524
- ICA: 43/43 of challenges completed
- Paris: 67/95 of challenges completed / Mastery level 1/20
- Sapienza: 73/94 of challenges completed / Mastery level 3/20 (from Elusive)
- Marrakesh: 42/76 of challenges completed / Mastery level 1/20 (haven't even played this level once)
- Elusives: 13/13

Doggersea
20th Jul 2016, 16:04
This problem has persisted far to long now, we need a patch or account resets because it is getting beyond a joke. I have played the game for 3.5 hours. Only just completed the tutorial to be precise. I haven't even played your game and I would really like to but this bug is stopping me from doing so mentally not physically. I can still play but where is the fun or the point if I can't work towards unlocking fun challenges and masteries? The answer is there isn't a point. Please help us all and put us out of our misery.

- Steam ID64: 76561198121747379 (Nickname : Doggersea)
- Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80740825 (just in case you can't find it off any of the other ID's
- Steam ID3:
- Sapienza: 67/94 challenges completed / Mastery level 1

[U]Please see below photographic evidence I screenshot within my save game.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261590659820323398/4BE57D242BC82B13EC37C1E3E4B134890E03951F/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261590659820323923/88814CDA39A2BB907A546CD3977941BC49CDECD7/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261590659820324312/B3208EF53936C37E206563EBE2292C5F2D394179/

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks,

Tom.

FanzeroEx
20th Jul 2016, 17:17
- SteamID64 76561197995169924
- Paris: # 85 / 19
- Sapienza: # 68/ 3
- Marrakesh: # 42 / 1

EPfail
20th Jul 2016, 19:30
SteamID64 76561197982446605
- Paris: # 89/95 Mastery level 20
- Sapienza: # 68/118 Mastery level 1
- Marrakesh: # 44/112 Mastery level 1

SilverBullet1412
21st Jul 2016, 04:20
Thx

steamname: Silver Bullet
| steam3ID: [U:1:328532661]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:164266330
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198288798389

I want to clear all the game data, play it from the beginning.

Thx

TheBikingViking
21st Jul 2016, 08:14
Hi everyone

We are once again trying to do some resets during the current PC downtime. We are specifically targeting players that were online during the period where it happened (June 25-26) and the challenges that saw an abnormal rise in completion rate compared to earlier.

Let us know when the servers are back up!

Swixel
21st Jul 2016, 08:52
Ignoring me writing the wrong Guilded Cage (was 100%), nothing has changed, save a few from Marrakesh are now not yet completed -- I'm not sure if they're new, but at the time of the issue I was fairly certain I had 100% completion.

Since the number seems to only have gone up by the ones I've done on the bonus mission I'm guessing some challenges were added.

Paris and Training are still at 100%. (Again, I don't mind for me, but the feedback is: no dice, sorry.)

SkyyNet
21st Jul 2016, 08:52
Unfortunately nothing has been fixed for me, i just launched the game and there was no change whatsoever.

Once again i please ask for a reset on Marrakesh only on my account as it would basically fix the issue for me and i'd be able to play normally again since i haven't played in a month...

Double_Crossover
21st Jul 2016, 09:02
Nope! nothing changed.

TheBikingViking
21st Jul 2016, 09:42
Unfortunately nothing has been fixed for me, i just launched the game and there was no change whatsoever.

Once again i please ask for a reset on Marrakesh only on my account as it would basically fix the issue for me and i'd be able to play normally again since i haven't played in a month...

Can you check again?

Bennet27
21st Jul 2016, 09:55
Nothing happened. How is it possible that a team of professional developers aren't able to fix it within (pretty much) a whole month?
Seriously, you could at least give the people who had this issue something back, for example these bonus missions or an episode. Come on, this is a joke!

SkyyNet
21st Jul 2016, 10:10
Can you check again?

Thanks!!! Everything is fixed for me now but for 2 exceptions.

I somehow don't have the Elusive Targets I challenge anymore despite having it a few hours ago and my score on the leaderboard for The Forger (Elusive Target #1) is still bugged since last week, but i am finally able to play it again! Thanks alot!

SackingDalumba
21st Jul 2016, 10:19
- Steam ID : 76561198086726732 (Nickname : Dalumba)
- Sapienza: 70/94 challenges completed / Mastery level 2

I started playing on June 24!
All Challenge unlocks June 25!

New Update: Nothing changed again.

ministefan1
21st Jul 2016, 10:24
- Steam ID /76561198086411954 (ministefan1)
- Paris: 72/95 challenges completed / Mastery level 8
- Sapienza: 79/118 challenges completed / Mastery level 14
- Marrakesh: 49/112 challenges completed / Mastery level 20.

PLEASE just reset my ******* account so i can start play again . i havent played for around 2 month because of this stupid bug!

TheBikingViking
21st Jul 2016, 10:54
Thanks everyone

It's clear that the script we ran earlier didn't work, but the thing we tried for SkyyNet did, so now we at least have something to go with. Be certain that we will address the issue!

cbk056
21st Jul 2016, 11:00
- Steam ID 76561198103118230
- Paris: 95/95 of challenges completed / Mastery level 1
- Sapienza: 76/118 of challenges completed / Mastery level 1
- Marrakesh: 71/112 of challenges completed / Mastery level 1
need help to reset,thanks!

SkyyNet
21st Jul 2016, 11:50
I'm experiencing some issues after my challenges have been fixed that i don't know if they were introduced with the Summer Episodes update or since today.

1. When restarting/replanning any mission/escalation for the first time and after eliminating the target the game doesn't register that i killed the target and no exits become available forcing me to restart the mission for a second time and that's when issue #2 happens.

2. When restarting/replanning any mission/escalation for a second time the game always hangs in the loading screen every time forcing me to minimize to close the game.

http://i.imgur.com/Yp4SI94.jpg

3. Some NPCs aren't reacting to gunshots from any silenced/unsilenced weapon in any map.

I have verified the cache of the game on steam but the issues still persist.

Hunne23
21st Jul 2016, 11:55
Thanks everyone. This is definitely a tricky issue! I know this is very frustrating, but it's quite complex to fix and it's impossible for us to know if it works until we've made the changes live, so that's why you're seeing this trial and error.

We'll keep trying though!

your utter lack of competence is staggering...

you NEED to test this live? roflmao!

test it in a closed environment that simulates the whole thing, can´t be that hard to get a copy of the corrupted data and then start "testing" without getting everyones hopes up and failing for, what, the third or fourth time now?

I can´t post the things you requested since I don´t know how to find out my steam ID, so HOW ABOUT telling folks how to get that ffs!

morrae
21st Jul 2016, 12:45
Nothing has changed for me. Still bugged challenges

TheBikingViking
21st Jul 2016, 12:45
your utter lack of competence is staggering...

you NEED to test this live? roflmao!

test it in a closed environment that simulates the whole thing, can´t be that hard to get a copy of the corrupted data and then start "testing" without getting everyones hopes up and failing for, what, the third or fourth time now?

I can´t post the things you requested since I don´t know how to find out my steam ID, so HOW ABOUT telling folks how to get that ffs!

There's no reason for that kind of language. If you want to act like that, go ahead, but it's not going to help you.

We are testing this on internal, closed environments, where the fixes look fine, but there will always be a difference between internal, closed environments and what's our in production, or sometimes that difference can be crucial.

Also, Google is a very interesting way of locating answers for common questions, like "How do I find my Steam ID?", e.g. https://steamid.io/lookup

SkyyNet: That's definitely not caused by the reset. I'd urge you to try a fresh install, as a first thing.

TheBikingViking
21st Jul 2016, 12:53
Nothing has changed for me. Still bugged challenges

Thanks, I think it's clear the script we ran earlier today didn't work, but we're getting closer to a solution as we fixed the situation for SkyyNet, so hold tight :)

SkyyNet
21st Jul 2016, 12:58
SkyyNet: That's definitely not caused by the reset. I'd urge you to try a fresh install, as a first thing.

After further testing i found out that if i complete an escalation level on the first try without any restarts and go ahead to play the next level the game doesn't register the elimination of targets as explained in my previous reply and no exits become available. So there's something wrong when loading a level for the second time whether it is a restart or next level change. I'll do a fresh install as you suggested and will inform later.

Thanks a lot for fixing the challenges though i hugely appreciate it!!!:)

morrae
21st Jul 2016, 12:59
Thanks, I think it's clear the script we ran earlier today didn't work, but we're getting closer to a solution as we fixed the situation for SkyyNet, so hold tight :)

Cool! Thanks! Can we get an approximate ETA?
I am very excited that it seems like you're guys on the right track and things are getting closer to a fix.

TheBikingViking
21st Jul 2016, 13:02
SkyyNet: Please let me know and I'll report that as a new issue to investigate.

morrae: Hopefully during today...

Bennet27
21st Jul 2016, 14:34
It works! Thank you guys!

Edit: Not completly, challenges have been reseted, but I still have all entrencepoints, weapons etc. And masterylevels didn't reset.

Doggersea
21st Jul 2016, 15:37
Thanks everyone

It's clear that the script we ran earlier didn't work, but the thing we tried for SkyyNet did, so now we at least have something to go with. Be certain that we will address the issue!

I have just opened up my game after a long day at work to find it looks like my missions have had the challenges I never even touched reset, thank you! There is just one more question though, I believe my "Elusive Targets" are 7/13 completed, as I haven't played the game much yet I don't know what they contribute towards but as far as I am aware I have never played any Elusive Targets, could you possibly shed some light? Cheers.

Hisriel
21st Jul 2016, 16:14

The update helped me with a lot of challenges.
I still have 2 challenges unlocked in Paris (while I still haven't played it) : "The Teague Temptation" and "This Shocking Trick!" and they shouldn't be unlocked.

What's more, I also have 13 Elusive Targets unlocked out of 19 although I never completed any of them.

All the other challenges have been reset for me and I'm really happy about it. Thank you for what you did and keep going. As I can see, it's not far from being fixed :).
Let me know if something can be done for the three problems I stated before.

Do you think we can play the game now? Or should we wait everything is fixed?

GR1MRE4PER_AUT
21st Jul 2016, 16:30
YEAH it work for me too, nearly perfekt.

I'm still Mastery level 20 in Paris but nearly all challanges are reseted.
Only 1 to 2 challenges are completed in Paris and Sapienza which I didn't do.
Like kill a target with an electric shock dressed as vampire magician and kill novikovs personal bodyguard.

So I am really happy now and for me it is okay, except if I need this 1 to 2 challenges at Sapienza to get lvl 20.
Don't know if I have to do all to get lvl20?

@TheBikingViking
So can I play now the game without having the fear that something will go wrong again? Or should I wait? Or should/can I test something to help you further?

SackingDalumba
21st Jul 2016, 17:24
There's no reason for that kind of language. If you want to act like that, go ahead, but it's not going to help you.

We are testing this on internal, closed environments, where the fixes look fine, but there will always be a difference between internal, closed environments and what's our in production, or sometimes that difference can be crucial.

Also, Google is a very interesting way of locating answers for common questions, like "How do I find my Steam ID?", e.g. https://steamid.io/lookup

Thank you! After you reinstall the game - challenge unlocks fixed!

TheBikingViking
21st Jul 2016, 17:38
Phew, it finally worked! It was quite a small, silly issue with the reset script, where the logs showed successful resets, but it wasn't properly written to the database due to a date mismatch. So annoying :)

Thanks for the patience everyone! I know it's been super frustrating, and it's been for us as well - I'm just happy that we can finally move on from this :)

It works! Thank you guys!

Edit: Not completly, challenges have been reseted, but I still have all entrencepoints, weapons etc. And masterylevels didn't reset.

Right, we only focused on resetting the challenges now, so people who didn't earn XP for them could now complete them for real and earn their XP and thus unlocks and mastery levels.

I have just opened up my game after a long day at work to find it looks like my missions have had the challenges I never even touched reset, thank you! There is just one more question though, I believe my "Elusive Targets" are 7/13 completed, as I haven't played the game much yet I don't know what they contribute towards but as far as I am aware I have never played any Elusive Targets, could you possibly shed some light? Cheers.

Yeah, we do not dare touch the Elusive Target challenges, as wrong resets could be very upsetting to people (as there's no way to re-earn them). So you'll have to live with those. Hope that's ok :)

The update helped me with a lot of challenges.
I still have 2 challenges unlocked in Paris (while I still haven't played it) : "The Teague Temptation" and "This Shocking Trick!" and they shouldn't be unlocked.

What's more, I also have 13 Elusive Targets unlocked out of 19 although I never completed any of them.

All the other challenges have been reset for me and I'm really happy about it. Thank you for what you did and keep going. As I can see, it's not far from being fixed :).
Let me know if something can be done for the three problems I stated before.

Do you think we can play the game now? Or should we wait everything is fixed?

Yes, go ahead and play. There may be a few challenges still completed that shouldn't be, but we wen't with a "better safe than sorry" approach to avoid resetting challenges that shouldn't be, so I hope you can live with those few.

YEAH it work for me too, nearly perfekt.

I'm still Mastery level 20 in Paris but nearly all challanges are reseted.
Only 1 to 2 challenges are completed in Paris and Sapienza which I didn't do.
Like kill a target with an electric shock dressed as vampire magician and kill novikovs personal bodyguard.

So I am really happy now and for me it is okay, except if I need this 1 to 2 challenges at Sapienza to get lvl 20.
Don't know if I have to do all to get lvl20?

@TheBikingViking
So can I play now the game without having the fear that something will go wrong again? Or should I wait? Or should/can I test something to help you further?

Go ahead and play all you want!

Thank you! After you reinstall the game - challenge unlocks fixed!

Actually, you don't need to reinstall the game for the challenges to be non-completed again :)

FanzeroEx
21st Jul 2016, 17:49
- SteamID64 76561197995169924
- Paris: # 85 / 19
- Sapienza: # 68/ 3
- Marrakesh: # 42 / 1

The fix worked for me . Thank you :)

morrae
21st Jul 2016, 18:09
@TheBikingViking
You did it! It's all reset now! I have only one challenge complete that I didn't do in Paris (something about complete all escalations), but I can totally live with that! Thank you!

MaksJ23PL
21st Jul 2016, 18:52
Steam ID for (76561198081811431) is The Bear
[I hope that's what you were asking for, for steam codename, not account name]

Ok, I got this... I hope it helps.
steamID
STEAM_0:1:60772851

Paris 95\20 [I completed myself, but not all challanges]

Sapienza 89\20 [I completed myself, but not all challanges]

Marrakesh 72\2

+ I am owner of pre order and full exerience
+ I killed 6 elusives so far

[U]THAT'S IT. I FILLED INFORMATION

For me it still doesn't work at all. I logged in today and there is no change in challanges :(

I dod not made 72 challanges or 89 or 95 all alone. I was talking about mastery levels, so please reset this... I still cannot get mastery on marrakesh becasue of challanges.

I was playing game even after challanges problem so maybe is it?

Nickich1
21st Jul 2016, 19:36
Same nothing changed for me everything still unlocked.

http://imgur.com/99nHEU5

- Steam ID 76561198008577530
- Paris: 95 / 20 Mastery Level
- Sapienza: 74 / 10 Mastery Level
- Marrakesh: 71 / 6 Mastery level

hope this information helps you narrow down the problem

same for me everything is still unlocked :hmm:

EPfail
21st Jul 2016, 20:56
SteamID64 76561197982446605
- Paris: # 89/95 Mastery level 20
- Sapienza: # 68/118 Mastery level 1
- Marrakesh: # 44/112 Mastery level 1

Thank you very much! It worked perfectly!

FizzyBongo
21st Jul 2016, 21:03
Thanks Viking, it worked for me. The challenges all look right now (except elusive targets, as others have already pointed out, but I don't care as much about those).

My Paris mastery is also 20/20 when it shouldn't be, but at this point I'm happy to just get back into the game after nearly a month of not playing and properly complete some challenges!

TheBikingViking
21st Jul 2016, 21:13
In case you're still seeing issues, please be sure to provide your Steam ID, so we can double-check on your account specifically.

And again, we've only reset challenge completion states - not unlocks, XP or mastery levels.

Swixel
21st Jul 2016, 21:24
I think I lost up to six that I'd done legitimately in Paris (e.g. I know I've started on the barge), but it's not a big deal (I'm guessing it ended up just being a reset for a broad window on the day things went bad?). (This is more a heads up, in the event people are a little irked.)

Otherwise everything is fine -- only one annoying challenge needs redoing, and I'm down to what I had to do properly again -- so a much better outcome than having to do all of the luck challenges.

Thanks, TheBikingViking (and IO/SE) :)

MaksJ23PL
21st Jul 2016, 21:25
Steam ID: 76561198081811431
Paris 95\20
Sapienza 89\20
Marrakesh 72\2

*thats challanges status for now. Reset is highly needed, especially on marrakesh where i cant get mastery.

I uninstalled gaem, try to reinstall. For few it worked so far as I'm concerned.
No it doestnt worked at all. You have to make it again.

ministefan1
21st Jul 2016, 21:46
In case you're still seeing issues, please be sure to provide your Steam ID, so we can double-check on your account specifically.

And again, we've only reset challenge completion states - not unlocks, XP or mastery levels.

@TheBikingViking .Wtf, you are gonna reset my mastery level and xp too or least fix this bug so i get my correct xp and masterylevel back! . I havent not paid 50 euro for not even have a chance to complete the game i have paid for. that not what i have paid for. reset my account right now!. least you can do for you costomers!

cbk056
22nd Jul 2016, 06:16
- Steam ID 76561198103118230
- Paris: 95/95 of challenges completed / Mastery level 1
- Sapienza: 76/118 of challenges completed / Mastery level 1
- Marrakesh: 71/112 of challenges completed / Mastery level 1
need help to reset,thanks!

problem solved,thanks!

TheBikingViking
22nd Jul 2016, 06:25
For me it still doesn't work at all. I logged in today and there is no change in challanges :(

I dod not made 72 challanges or 89 or 95 all alone. I was talking about mastery levels, so please reset this... I still cannot get mastery on marrakesh becasue of challanges.

I was playing game even after challanges problem so maybe is it?

same for me everything is still unlocked :hmm:

Don't worry, we'll get it fixed! Hold tight...

I think I lost up to six that I'd done legitimately in Paris (e.g. I know I've started on the barge), but it's not a big deal (I'm guessing it ended up just being a reset for a broad window on the day things went bad?). (This is more a heads up, in the event people are a little irked.)

Otherwise everything is fine -- only one annoying challenge needs redoing, and I'm down to what I had to do properly again -- so a much better outcome than having to do all of the luck challenges.

Thanks, TheBikingViking (and IO/SE) :)

Yeah, since we had no real way of telling which challenges were completed legitimately and not during that timeframe, we had to do a sweep, which could include some legitimately completed challenges. We're sorry about that, but really did limit the amount of challenges that could be impacted.

@TheBikingViking .Wtf, you are gonna reset my mastery level and xp too or least fix this bug so i get my correct xp and masterylevel back! . I havent not paid 50 euro for not even have a chance to complete the game i have paid for. that not what i have paid for. reset my account right now!. least you can do for you costomers!

First of all, I am not going to respond to those kind of immature messages in the future, so that's a first and final warning.

Secondly, you can complete the game regardless of whether we reset XP/mastery level or not. You should complete the challenges now, which earns you XP and which levels you up.

SkyyNet
22nd Jul 2016, 07:20

After doing a fresh install as you suggested and playing for 6 hours i can confirm the issue i was having when loading/restarting the map for a 2nd and 3rd time is now gone and i am able to play smoothly. Even better, Elusive Targets I was fixed for me earlier today and is now properly marked as completed as it should (it was the only challenge that remained bugged for me).

Regarding certains NPCs not reacting to gunshots after more testing i noticed that they do react to gunshots but you have to land the shot within 1 feet from where they are so i don't know if this is an intended change or not but i figured i might as well just tell about it.

The only small issue that remains for me is the glitched score i have for The Forger on the leaderboard since 2 weeks ago but other than that it's all good.

Thanks again for the challenges fix! :)

TheBikingViking
22nd Jul 2016, 07:59
Great to hear SkyyNet!

MaksJ23PL and Nickich1, please check again; your challenges should also be reset now.

ministefan1
22nd Jul 2016, 11:58
Don't worry, we'll get it fixed! Hold tight...

Yeah, since we had no real way of telling which challenges were completed legitimately and not during that timeframe, we had to do a sweep, which could include some legitimately completed challenges. We're sorry about that, but really did limit the amount of challenges that could be impacted.

First of all, I am not going to respond to those kind of immature messages in the future, so that's a first and final warning.

Secondly, you can complete the game regardless of whether we reset XP/mastery level or not. You should complete the challenges now, which earns you XP and which levels you up.

@thebikingviking

What kind of imature message? . I have paid 50 euro for this game , i am big fan of hitman since nr1 and i own them all . How the hell should i complete my own game when i already got level 20 out of 20 in mastery level in marrakesh? . you destroy my game so i did not a chance to complete it by myself , why the hell should it be fun to "complete" challenges when i already got full level? . because of YOU bug i cant complete it by myself and unlock weapons . all weapon are already unlocked because of this bug . the only one is imature is you. so now i say it again. fix the goddamn mastery level so i have a chance for unlocking weapons by myself or least just reset my account?. and if you give me a "warning" for that i will`not just contact a lawyer , no matter if it cost me 10000 dollers to get what i want , i will do it and i will win . Excatly because i follow the laws and you dont .You have sold a product that dosent work probely , and you wont even fix it , that is illegal (: .

Nickich1
22nd Jul 2016, 12:13
Great to hear SkyyNet!

MaksJ23PL and Nickich1, please check again; your challenges should also be reset now.

yes i just checked and its fixed now. thank you so much TheBikingViking

ministefan1
22nd Jul 2016, 13:04
Thanks for least fixing the challenges . But still not gonna change the main reason that i am still lvl 20 mastery level in marrakesh when i in the past was level 4 before the bug . How fun is it to complete all the challenges when i got all weapons/equipment and all the starting places to do it? . I self want to unlock that stuff!. complete challenges now is waay to easy and still not fine enough when i have paid money for this game . reset my account so i self can complete my mastery level!,.

Bennet27
22nd Jul 2016, 13:04
By the way, is it possible to reset the whole account? So that you have nothing completed?

TheBikingViking
22nd Jul 2016, 13:53
By the way, is it possible to reset the whole account? So that you have nothing completed?

Not right now, no. At least not in a quick and safe way. It's something we're looking into, though, but I can't give an ETA at this point.

MaksJ23PL
22nd Jul 2016, 15:02

WORKS FOR ME! Viking you're the best, you and your crew. I do not remember which one I did and which I dont but mostly it should be ok. That will be a long and deadly weekend. :)
When I start playing and if challanges will not be unlocking or something I'll write there. Anyway thank you guy for fixing it!

Bennet27
22nd Jul 2016, 15:36
Not right now, no. At least not in a quick and safe way. It's something we're looking into, though, but I can't give an ETA at this point.

Ok, thanks for your quick reply :)

MaksJ23PL
22nd Jul 2016, 22:33
@TheBikingViking

There is just one last thing. Please see those screens I'll explain below.

http://imgur.com/a/ewhaM

So, as you can see I "get" a reward for completing 13 elusive targets. I do not have it in my inventory though. I'm worried that when I really do 13 elusive targets I do not receive this suit as reward, since it's already tagged as completed, but in the same time I do not really have it in my inventory.
That could be tricky, but I really enjoy receiving 47's suits and I aim to collect them all It would be sad If it's a bug and because of challage status I do not receive this suit when the time comes. Previously I got blood money suit when challange was counted as done, but this time I don't.
So I would like to know if I still be able to get this suit later, when I kill those targets or because of "complete tag" I cannot get this item later?

Please respond I'm really worried. Also I'm telling about that now, because challanges topic is still hot, and it;s related to challanges outbreak.

Suits:
1. Pre order
2. 47 suit
3. Absolution
4. Blood Money
5. 47 with gloves (should be?) absent

PS. Please do not "steal" my blood money outfit :D I'd like to keep it as recompensation let's say :P

Swixel
22nd Jul 2016, 23:20

It's fine, just more of a heads up some people might be wondering where their challenges went ... but provided they didn't do any of the fountain/luck ones I'm sure it won't annoy them too much -- particularly if it doesn't impact their mastery.

So, as you can see I "get" a reward for completing 13 elusive targets. I do not have it in my inventory though. I'm worried that when I really do 13 elusive targets I do not receive this suit as reward, since it's already tagged as completed, but in the same time I do not really have it in my inventory.
That could be tricky, but I really enjoy receiving 47's suits and I aim to collect them all It would be sad If it's a bug and because of challage status I do not receive this suit when the time comes. Previously I got blood money suit when challange was counted as done, but this time I don't.

Would it be possible to just globally reset those challenges at some stage? (The 10+ Elusives completed?) I mean, as much as I love having the Blood Money suit early I'm also kind of worried about the later reward unlocks turning up as missing -- unless of course the system already thinks I have it but the game doesn't know how to show it yet? If it's a case of the system already thinking we have it then that's fine, but otherwise it'll cause you a new headache later when there's a clean fix now (i.e. remove the impossible) :)

Herman30
23rd Jul 2016, 14:49
Hi, I'm posting this here as I had the completed challenges problem with my game. However I'm not able to find out if your solution has worked as I can no longer connect to the servers. I've rebooted my pc, I've verified my integrity of game cache in Steam, I've even reinstalled the game, I've disabled my anti virus and I've reset my router but to no avail. Does anybody have any more ideas of what I can do? Thanks in advance.

I've posted on other forums and it appears I'm not the only person having this problem. I'm generally a patient person but this is ridiculous, over 4 weeks of not being able to play and now when a fix is sorted we're still unable to play. I understand the complexity of these things but surely when someone buys your product they should be able to use it from the day they bought it.

Agent_Ash
24th Jul 2016, 12:47
OK, first of all, my challenges are finally partly fixed. So I have a reason to continue playing this game which I'd been almost prepared to give up.

BUT the problem is that everything rolled back. Like, after the bug appeared, I continued playing for a while, played around Sapienza, doing a lot of the challenges (but many of them had been already "completed" because of the bug). Now everything's rolled back and I have 6 completed challenges on Sapienza, which I'm kinda unhappy about (and it's still kind of weird because, for example, I have 3 completed escaping challenges and yet 0 target challenges, as if I'd never completed the mission itself.

Also, there's another issue. I still have ALL weapons unlocked which I'm pretty sure is wrong.

ALSO I have 5 Elusive target challenges marked as completed even though I haven't killed any elusive targets so far (bought the game after the first 2 or 3 were already gone, failed one, then stopped playing because of the bug).

My Steam ID is STEAM_0:1:24311725.