PDA

View Full Version : I really wish i could get a refund from Digital copy pf Hitman

DA2Kool
25th Jun 2016, 04:28
Because it's turning to be the opposite of what was advertised: Monthly Episodes. So they just stated and confirmed that there is no Hitman episode coming this month- - Very disappointed. The whole thing about this game with supposed to be a consistent episodic monthly released. In stead, they release two full episodes, was barely going to decide to release Marrakesh in very late may. I suppose they originally planned for it to be released in June, but saw the feedback about not having content that month. We get news about two new completely random missions, but is revealed to be a substitute for the actual game content.

You know why this is such a problem? Because it is going to be 2 full months passing with no freakin episode content.
Despite their bs advertising that its a monthly episodic release. The last map was disappointing and i was very much looking forward for the next map. But recently they are telling us that it won't be til freakin August that another episode content is added to the game. I won't be playing this game then.
No Man's Sky comes out in august and I had hoped they gave us the maps as accordingly. Idk why gaming companies have started this monthly content bs. Street Fighter V is a complete failure and here i have another example of a failed marketing project

I really regret buying Hitman now. Love it to death but it's honestly not worth.

Jedichrist
25th Jun 2016, 05:22
They only said the first 3 episodes will be monthly and the rest were just late 2016.

The problem I'm having right now is that I've been buying the episodes one at a time. When the game was announced it was said that if you buy them separately it would end up costing $5 more. OK that's fine - you're up front about that and that's cool.

Now they've just announced that the new bonus episode is going to be a full priced episode so if I want to play it I have to fork out an extra $10 on top of the extra $5 I was already going to be paying.

If IO had been up front about the release plan from the beginning this wouldn't be such a problem now. IO is on the record saying there will be no microtransactions or DLC. For the customers who are buying this game as an episodic game - this bonus episode is DLC for us

IO studio head Hannes Seifert said the bonus episode "allows us to show what we can do with Hitman as a live game,"

So if this is an example of what yous can do as a live game why do we (we who have already bought the levels already) have to buy this bonus episode to play the live content?

The descriptions on PS4 store for the full experience make no reference to bonus episides and in fact it says the intro pack has the exact same feature description

Full experience - "full access to contracts mode, escalation mode, elusive targets and other live content."

Intro pack - "full access to contracts mode, escalation mode, elusive targets and other live content."

The complete delivery of what this game will be has been botched since it's initial announcement and it's clear there isn't a road map being followed for your release schedule and springing an extra cost on fans who are supporting your game episodically cause they couldn't afford to put all their savings down on the full experience is not a very good way to treat them and hurts my support for you guys in the long term. There are other game developers that don't treat their fans with such contempt.

Hitman_Limerick
25th Jun 2016, 07:01
What's pf Hitman? did i miss a release of a mini-game or something?

caprabo
25th Jun 2016, 07:37
they just stated and confirmed that there is no Hitman episode coming this month- - Very disappointed.

I'm also very disappointed that i have to wait for 2 damn month for the new episode. i'm really happy about the 2 outcoming summer episodes, but even those take too long for me. i mean 19th of july is a long time to wait, while i was expecting a new episode would come out late june or at least beginning of july. i hope we get enough stuff to play in this waiting time. ET #5 is a good start, i'll give you that, hoping for more to come...

JDMHatch_G
25th Jun 2016, 13:37
Self entitled children. I literally don't want to live on this planet any more. OP is quite obviously not old enough to be playing the game in the first place.

"You know why this is SUCH a problem? Because it is going to be 2 FULL MONTHS passing with no freakin episode content."

Oh yes, SUCH A MASSIVE PROBLEM.

Forgive me for being a little sore about the UK referendum, but how easy must your life be? If this is a such a big problem for you? Seriously?

Do you even work or have any kind of job? Do you have any idea what it's like to develop a game? Then you'll know that **** happens in life.

They are doing the best they can to keep players entertained. And they're nailing it for the most part. Good day to you.

DA2Kool
25th Jun 2016, 18:12
Self entitled children. I literally don't want to live on this planet any more. OP is quite obviously not old enough to be playing the game in the first place.

"You know why this is SUCH a problem? Because it is going to be 2 FULL MONTHS passing with no freakin episode content."

Oh yes, SUCH A MASSIVE PROBLEM.

Forgive me for being a little sore about the UK referendum, but how easy must your life be? If this is a such a big problem for you? Seriously?

Do you even work or have any kind of job? Do you have any idea what it's like to develop a game? Then you'll know that **** happens in life.

They are doing the best they can to keep players entertained. And they're nailing it for the most part. Good day to you.

Since the first thing that came out of ur mouth was I'm probably just some little kid, i can be sur u have no real argument here. I'm probably older then you. And Yes it is a big problem. Because that's the most crucial part of this whole damn game; monthly content.
Doing your best and doing completely opposite of what you said you would do are two different things. And from the looks of it they are not "nailing it." Have you read recent feedback for this game? I had my patience until i read the recent update. Don't come to make a argument when u have none at all.

jimbianco
25th Jun 2016, 18:45
once again, the "monthly episode" release plan was changed before the game was released. Go back and do a little research before starting pointless threads. They HAVE NOT said we will be getting an episode per month. I love how all these people buy the game without doing any research on it (yes, a lot of research is needed with this game) and then complain about it. "wahhhh, I missed another elusive because I didn't know about it", "wahhhh, where is episode 4"...This info is out there guys, but I guess, in this day & age , some people just expect everything to be handed to them at lightning fast speed with no work needed.

RW_Slick
25th Jun 2016, 22:45
My favorite thing lately is how the complainers are saying "They are gonna pawn the bonus episode off as episode 4."

Really?

Did not realize you worked for IO and know their programming/release strategy.

To the OP, if you find it to be a big deal, the only thing I can suggest is to play some of your gaming backlog. It really is not a big deal for several reasons:

1. As stated, IO only said that the first three episodes would be released monthly, a commitment they have made good on.
2. It is not as though the two months between episodes are devoid of content. Like it or not, Escalation, Elusive Targets and a bonus EPISODE are all content.
3. In 2016, everyone has a gaming backlog. You probably have games you have not even opened. Play some in the meantime. You might find a new favorite.

doom-generation
25th Jun 2016, 23:49
RW_Slick, the past few weeks on this forum, I've noticed that 95% of the time, you are saying the things that I would have said, but you got there first. I'm not complaining! Please continue, it gives me a nice break from the hate :p

RW_Slick
26th Jun 2016, 00:30
That is the funny thing. I am not even hating on these people. They do have the right to complain if they spent money, but know when to complain and when to STFU.

The game works. Sometimes the server does not, but the GAME works

The game is good. It may not have everything that each individual wants but what game does?

IO steadily releases content. If the WHAMBULANCE were a real thing, like 75% of the HITMAN community would be unable to play the damn game due to all their whining. And that is exactly what it is.

I come from the cartridge generation. I experienced games that were as is, deal with it. Be glad that we can get updates and bug fixes and new content. But unless you are gonna go get a job at IO and increase the already steady flow of content:

http://www.turboninjas.com/gallery/d/2800-2/glass_stfu.jpg

Also, David Cragg, if you are lurking somewhere around here, take this bus ticket. It is a one-way trip offa my nuts.

doom-generation
26th Jun 2016, 01:19
That is the funny thing. I am not even hating on these people. They do have the right to complain if they spent money, but know when to complain and when to STFU.

The game works. Sometimes the server does not, but the GAME works

The game is good. It may not have everything that each individual wants but what game does?

IO steadily releases content. If the WHAMBULANCE were a real thing, like 75% of the HITMAN community would be unable to play the damn game due to all their whining. And that is exactly what it is.

I come from the cartridge generation. I experienced games that were as is, deal with it. Be glad that we can get updates and bug fixes and new content.

Ah mate I'm with ya :)

Puiu13
26th Jun 2016, 08:16
I come from the cartridge generation. I experienced games that were as is, deal with it. Be glad that we can get updates and bug fixes and new content.

Yep, we all know that, you said it before, but now we are in 2016 and all this is possible. It's called EVOLUTION.
Beaside that i agree whith you.

Driber
26th Jun 2016, 13:31
I don't support the language used in some of the comments here but I agree with the general sentiment that modern gamers are way too entitled. So one episode takes a bit longer. Deal with it. It's not the end of the world. Play some other games in the meantime, as has been suggested.

Yep, we all know that, you said it before, but now we are in 2016 and all this is possible. It's called EVOLUTION.

The thing is that not all evolution is good. Suffering from what I call instant gratification syndrome certainly isn't.

I think Mr Slick's point isn't "if we were still living in the cartridge age no one would welcome evolution" but rather "those who grew up in the cartridge age developed a different perspective and don't take all these technological advancements for granted, unlike the modern entitled generation of gamers."

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

semajmarc87
26th Jun 2016, 21:08
I am SO glad I decided to wait for the physical release of this game.

RW_Slick
26th Jun 2016, 23:58
I am SO glad I decided to wait for the physical release of this game.

And as long as you will not complain about the stuff that you will be missing out on, that is 100% cool.

RW_Slick
27th Jun 2016, 00:00
I don't support the language used in some of the comments here

I tried to keep it clean!!! :D Also, HITMAN is rated M! I understand though.

Once again, you are understanding my comments properly.

Puiu13
27th Jun 2016, 07:49
The thing is that not all evolution is good. Suffering from what I call instant gratification syndrome certainly isn't.

I think Mr Slick's point isn't "if we were still living in the cartridge age no one would welcome evolution" but rather "those who grew up in the cartridge age developed a different perspective and don't take all these technological advancements for granted, unlike the modern entitled generation of gamers."

I know that not all evolution is good, trust me, but that doesn't apply in this case, and about the gratification syndrome in my opinion it's more about education.
You know what , i grew up in the same age, but again i grew up in a age where we had oranges and bananas only for Christmas so forgive me if now i enjoy all these technological advancements.

Driber
27th Jun 2016, 10:45
I tried to keep it clean!!! :D Also, HITMAN is rated M! I understand though.

Heh, I do get your point. And personally, I'm not easily offended by a bit of rough talk. But at the same time I also do not want folks to be scared away from posting their input. So when it concerns the community, telling people to "GTFO" or "STFU" isn't the most constructive way to have a discussion ;)

Once again, you are understanding my comments properly.

Great :)

I know that not all evolution is good, trust me, but that doesn't apply in this case, and about the gratification syndrome in my opinion it's more about education.

When someone literally can't wait a measly few weeks to play the next level and makes a big issue out of it is that down to education, though? That really does look like having an entitlement problem and wanting everything NOW. This is why I think we're living in an age of instant gratification. And it's not healthy IMO.

You know what , i grew up in the same age, but again i grew up in a age where we had oranges and bananas only for Christmas so forgive me if now i enjoy all these technological advancements.

Sure, enjoying technological advancements is fine. I think there's a difference though between enjoying it and depending on it, taking it for granted and demanding content creators to cater to your every whim just because it's technologically possible.

Take Mr Slick's example (or was it Jim?) in the other thread about the Walking Dead thing - just because we live in an age of technological advancement where the show creators have an instant line of communication with their fans and are able to post on Twitter the resolve of the season's cliffhanger doesn't mean they should, and that the fans have a right to the content they crave for.

Does that make sense? :)

Puiu13
28th Jun 2016, 12:49
When someone literally can't wait a measly few weeks to play the next level and makes a big issue out of it is that down to education, though? That really does look like having an entitlement problem and wanting everything NOW. This is why I think we're living in an age of instant gratification. And it's not healthy IMO.

Personally i don't like/support this kind of behavior, but what kind of reaction did you expect: No new location for at least two months..YAY..GREAT..no, didn't think so.If someone wants to complain it is their right to do it.You can always ignore them(not addressed to you in specific).If think you might took it too personal with the instant gratification think.

Sure, enjoying technological advancements is fine. I think there's a difference though between enjoying it and depending on it, taking it for granted and demanding content creators to cater to your every whim just because it's technologically possible.

Take Mr Slick's example (or was it Jim?) in the other thread about the Walking Dead thing - just because we live in an age of technological advancement where the show creators have an instant line of communication with their fans and are able to post on Twitter the resolve of the season's cliffhanger doesn't mean they should, and that the fans have a right to the content they crave for.

Does that make sense? :)

You missed my point here, i NEVER said that they should change something just because is possible,but i don't agree with what Slick said that we should be thankful with what we have because years ago we couldn't do anyting about it.
Now let me ask you one think-now we shouldn't drive cars because in the past they didn't existed?

JDMHatch_G
28th Jun 2016, 13:20
Now let me ask you one think-now we shouldn't drive cars because in the past they didn't existed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsOUbZ0Lr0

RW_Slick
28th Jun 2016, 14:49
Heh, I do get your point. And personally, I'm not easily offended by a bit of rough talk. But at the same time I also do not want folks to be scared away from posting their input. So when it concerns the community, telling people to "GTFO" or "STFU" isn't the most constructive way to have a discussion ;)

Noted. I will tone it down a bit. I was just a little miffed because I have seen much worse issues with games. I am not talking about the old cartridge days either. There are games that have recently come out that are damn near unplayable. I see people here talking about issues with the PC version. . .

I ask them - How's ARKHAM KNIGHT treating you?

Then there are those that come on here and say the game stinks - 100% entitled to their opinion, but honestly, WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING? Can't be HITMAN. I am not calling it GOTY, but it is definitely a notable title of 2016. I do not just say that because I have a favorable relationship with Square Enix either. If a game really stank, I would say so, publicly at that.

Driber
28th Jun 2016, 22:24
Personally i don't like/support this kind of behavior, but what kind of reaction did you expect: No new location for at least two months..YAY..GREAT..no, didn't think so.

Not "yay, great", no, but also not "I demand a refund!"

If someone wants to complain it is their right to do it.

Absolutely. And it's Mr Slick's right to complain about the complaints.

You can always ignore them(not addressed to you in specific)

Yup. And people can ignore the complaints to the complaints, too.

Yet here you are complaining about the complaining about the complaining, lol :nut:

If think you might took it too personal with the instant gratification think.

I didn't take anything personal. I actually have no dog in this fight. I don't really care either way :)

You missed my point here, i NEVER said that they should change something just because is possible,but i don't agree with what Slick said that we should be thankful with what we have because years ago we couldn't do anyting about it.

I think Mr Slick's point was more "don't get too bogged down over first world problems."

No. What we shouldn't do is getting all bend out of shape that our favorite radio station doesn't support RDS and fails to show which song is currently playing on our high tech car stereo system, while driving a freaking technological wonder that keeps us from dying with airbags, takes us wherever we want to go, has power steering and amazing suspension which makes it feel like we're floating on a cloud, and warms our entitled butts with automatic seat heating in the winter.

If I'd ever hear someone whine "screw this station, all the other ones support RDS, this is bull crap, damnit, it's 2016!" I'd slap some sense into them by reminding them that this is how people used to travel:

http://i.imgur.com/yd0OVq6.png

Louis CK is a legend :thumb:

Noted. I will tone it down a bit.

Cheers :)

Puiu13
29th Jun 2016, 09:50
Funny video but it has nothing to do with what i said, for instance if my flight doesn't have internet conection i don't care, but if it has even better.

I think Mr Slick's point was more "don't get too bogged down over first world problems."

He was making a point using a hypothetical. He's saying that because we're no longer living in the age of cartridges and that now game elements can be changed via patches/updates over the internet, it has caused gamers to become too entitled and make way more demands than they would have in the past.

So at the end what was Slick's point?

No. What we shouldn't do is getting all bend out of shape that our favorite radio station doesn't support RDS and fails to show which song is currently playing on our high tech car stereo system, while driving a freaking technological wonder that keeps us from dying with airbags, takes us wherever we want to go, has power steering and amazing suspension which makes it feel like we're floating on a cloud, and warms our entitled butts with automatic seat heating in the winter.

My car has heated seats and in the winter it's pretty comfortable, but if the next one i'll buy it would not have heated seats it will not be a problem for me.

If I'd ever hear someone whine "screw this station, all the other ones support RDS, this is bull crap, damnit, it's 2016!" I'd slap some sense into them by reminding them that this is how people used to travel

And you still saying that you didn't took it too personal?

Driber
29th Jun 2016, 10:01
So at the end what was Slick's point?

You're not implying those 3 quotes contradict each other, are you? Because they don't.

My car has heated seats and in the winter it's pretty comfortable, but if the next one i'll buy it would not have heated seats it will not be a problem for me.

That's besides the point, but cool :)

And you still saying that you didn't took it too personal?

How on earth would that be taking it "personal"? I didn't design RDS, lol. It won't offend me one bit if someone would be complaining about RDS :D

Puiu13
29th Jun 2016, 11:50
You're not implying those 3 quotes contradict each other, are you? Because they don't.

Not really, but is ok.

That's besides the point, but cool :)

What i was trying to say is that i like technology but i can easily live without, for example i can live without internet and i'm curious if those who contradict me on here they can.Hell, i don't even have a facebook account.

How on earth would that be taking it "personal"? I didn't design RDS, lol. It won't offend me one bit if someone would be complaining about RDS :D

I was not referring to the RDS thing.

I'd slap some sense into them by reminding them that this is how people used to travel:

It just seems to me that you clearly have a problem with those who complain about how technology is not working properly.

Anyway it is clear that neither of us is going to change their mind, so i'll end it here.:wave:

Driber
29th Jun 2016, 16:58
Hell, i don't even have a facebook account.

Me neither, BTW.

It just seems to me that you clearly have a problem with those who complain about how technology is not working properly.

We keep going in circles. It's not about complaining, it's about people being entitled and making mountains out of mole hills. It's about putting the situation into perspective.

There is nothing for me to be "taking personal". I didn't create the game. I was basically just commenting to help you understand where Mr Slick was coming from. I wouldn't say that I have a "problem" with people complaining about technology. I do it myself, too.

Anyway it is clear that neither of us is going to change their mind, so i'll end it here.:wave:

No worries. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree :)

RW_Slick
29th Jun 2016, 17:42
Sometimes you just won't get the last piece of chicken!

Puiu13
30th Jun 2016, 11:50
Me neither, BTW.
Damn , i need to learn this "internet language", i'm sick of google-it every time.:mad:

No worries. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree :)

I always said: "only where is diversity people evolve".
I know, it doesn't sound that good in english but i hope you get my point.:)

Sometimes you just won't get the last piece of chicken!
I'm vegan!:mad::cool:

Driber
30th Jun 2016, 11:53
Damn , i need to learn this "internet language", i'm sick of google-it every time.http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/images/custom/smilies/mad.png

Well if it helps, we have this :)

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/faq.php#faq_abbreviations

I always said: "only where is diversity people evolve".
I know, it doesn't sound that good in english but i hope you get my point.:)

I do, and I very much agree :thumb: