PDA

View Full Version : Download resource of all WADs from entire TR series including Gold Levels

Wee Bald Man
7th Jul 2002, 11:06
Hi all,

I have several questions I want to ask about WADs. It seems to me that one of the most common requests on this forum is for WADs which have been extracted from the original TR games. What I want to know is this:

1) First of all, I'd like to know if there is a demand for original WADs (extracted using TR2Wad). None of the WADs would be modified or 'fixed' - they would just be straight, clean extracts from the original TR data file. I have extracted every single WAD from the entire TR series including all Gold levels and special releases (The Times level etc). Would it be useful for these WADs to be made available on a web-site?

2) Has anyone else already got a web-site that has ALL (or many) of the original TR WADs on it? If so, what's the URL?

3) Is TR2Wad the best tool to do this with (I think it is but maybe there has been a new development that I should know about)? If the answers to this question turn into a flame war I'll delete this thread.
http://www.westwoodi.net/~smilies/contrib/edoom/flamethrowingsmiley.gif

4) Does anyone know the in-game names (level titles) for the data file names? If you have a partial list, or know the level names for any of the data files, please list here.

Thanks. :)

WBM

Level Planet
7th Jul 2002, 11:36
Question 3:

Wadmerger is better, becuase you can see what you want extract and you can extract them to there corcect places. like I made my Title Screen level with wadmerger, I try Tr2wad and try one of the vci levels objects but when I have extracted it it was a moovable and it must be a statics so I could edit it with wadmerger.

TRWad
7th Jul 2002, 12:28
1) I think it's usefull, cause many users don't have all original tr games. But first check which ones are already done, cause that's the biggest problem with extracted wads/textures/outfits.

2) http://trsearch.tripod.com/cgi-bin/TRSearch.cgi has some wads on it. Just type the name from the original level and click search. The list isn't completed yet, many more wads needs to be added and a section where all original wads are listed.

Collin
7th Jul 2002, 19:00
2) I only know of a site with all the TRLR wads: TR archives (http://tra.gamersuplink.com/wads.shtml)

TRWad
7th Jul 2002, 19:22
Just finished a section in the search engine (not online yet) with a list of ALL original tr levels. I'm going to put all wads and textures I know in it.

The Sage Of Time
7th Jul 2002, 19:27
This is actually something i'm attempting, however it takes an insane amount of time.
And the knowledge, facts, etc.. All the things you need to know to do it can get rather annoying after awhile.
I seriously believe i'll finish all the WAD's before anyone else, this being because no one else has in all this time.
But either way it's hard work.. I figure we'll all see soon enough.

Wee Bald Man
7th Jul 2002, 19:54
Originally posted by The Sage Of Time
I seriously believe i'll finish all the WAD's before anyone else, this being because no one else has in all this time.

Oh you're way too late Sage! :D

I've had them all sitting on my hard drive for the last six months.. ;) :p

Seriously, I assumed that most people would have all the games and extract them themselves but it seems that there's many people who'd like to download them.

I'm only offering 'fresh from the oven' extracted WADs and will not be modifying them in any way - this way people who download them will know that they are as God intended them.. (the good lord TRWad that is.. :D ).

The only reason I'm doing this is not because I'm a kind hearted soul or anything like that :rolleyes: ... it's just that I've got 500Mb of webspace which is free at the moment and I thought it might be nice for folks if they could get their grubby little hands on all the WADs so that we can stop emailing them to eachother and spamming up our lovely new forum. :)

WBM

traider28
7th Jul 2002, 20:03
I think its a good idea to do this.As for me and probably a lot of others, don't have all of the tr games.I will be waiting!Thanks WBM

The Sage Of Time
7th Jul 2002, 20:16
Oh i've had all of them sitting on my HD for a long time too.
But are they all converted into a near perfect format TRLE can support? I doubt it.
Either way.. Good luck.

Wee Bald Man
7th Jul 2002, 21:06
Originally posted by The Sage Of Time
I doubt it.

You doubt what? That somebody can switch on a PC, boot up TR2Wad and extract WADs from data files?

If that is the case, I must be one of hundreds of TRLE designers who gets perverse enjoyment out of having a huge part of their hard drive taken up by thousands of completely useless files...

Read the post - I'm uploading extracted WADs, nothing more, nothing less. Take off your tin hat and switch off your air raid alarm - this is not a threat to whatever projects you are working on.

Do your own thing. But don't cast doubt on others. Keep your doubts to yourself, and please take off your personal baggage before entering this house. :)

WBM

P.S. In short, if you're going to post in my threads, be positive.

Mod Intercom:
"Blue team: This is the captain speaking, we are experiencing some turbulence please place your fingers on the close button, ready your WBM restraint jacket and await further instructions.." :D

The Sage Of Time
7th Jul 2002, 22:56
You took what I said wrong, I was just talking out of reference.
You obviously stated you had them all extracted in plain format, but you also quoted me on saying i'd be the first.
When I said that I meant the first to have all WAD's uploaded in a format that TRLE fairly understands. (objects working) So I think my comment just caused more confusion then anything, but yes it is a good idea to do what you're doing.

Wee Bald Man
7th Jul 2002, 23:18
Aha..
..mystery solved - it was a case of two people talking about two completely different kinds of WADs in the same thread..

..bonk bonk.. [WBM bashes his head against the computer screen and dribbles onto the keyboard..]

..no worries Sage - keep up the good work. http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

[WBM is wheeled away into an unmarked yellow van which leaves at high speed].

Mod Com:
"Okay guys and gals, please step away there is nothing here to see. Go to your homes. Move along now.. that's it.. no photography sir.. thank you.." :D

Driber
8th Jul 2002, 18:58
hmm...should I go with "that..............................was a pigeon" or "stand down red alert, number one" ?

:D