PDA

View Full Version : IO Interactive now CHARGING for extra content!!!

Rubber_Ducky
23rd Jun 2016, 16:07
Remember when IO Interactive kept saying that Hitman would be 1 price and that you would only ever pay 1 price. And that all DLC would be free? They said it over and over.

Well, now they are charging for the bonus content. Yup.....they want you to pay for it....

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/hitman-summer-bonus-summer-episode-sapienza-marrakesh-missions-will-not-be-free-1566907

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/432413/Hitman+bonus+episode+isnt+free/

JDMHatch_G
23rd Jun 2016, 16:15
Because you didn't pay for the full experience? Then you shouldn't get it for free lol.

"This means those who purchased access to every episode through the Full Experience or Upgrade Pack (essentially a season pass) will be able to download the bonus episode like any other. Other players however, will have to pay up."

Taken from the link you posted.

jimbianco
23rd Jun 2016, 20:44
Remember when IO Interactive kept saying that Hitman would be 1 price and that you would only ever pay 1 price. And that all DLC would be free? They said it over and over.

Well, now they are charging for the bonus content. Yup.....they want you to pay for it....

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/hitman-summer-bonus-summer-episode-sapienza-marrakesh-missions-will-not-be-free-1566907

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/432413/Hitman+bonus+episode+isnt+free/

I suggest you re-read the articles. Just another excuse to whine about nothing

oneyouhate
23rd Jun 2016, 22:01
Happy I have the Full Experience :)

Tamashiuchiha
24th Jun 2016, 00:18
How the hell are you going to charge the same two maps we got only looking slightly different for ten dollars I'm assuming. And those who paid for season pass for basically the 60 dollars of the game, giving it to them for free. It's like basically saying that if I pay for that episode and the rest that follow afterwards. I'm basically giving away ten dollars for free. Whole those who spent for the "full experience season pass" basically 60 dollars, gets it for free. I'm pissed and hopefully they make it free. Cuz if they would of told us early that they will add more episodes besides the ones we know about, and charge money to those who don't have the season pass. Then I would of bought the whole game for 60.. This is bs and we all should stand up against these people.. One man can't do anything, but a whole army of us will convince them.

Tamashiuchiha
24th Jun 2016, 00:27
You guys don't understand. 60 dollars is the whole game period. They can just call it a season pass for nothing. A season pass is extra money you pay to get content. This isn't the case. But the fact that they want to charge those who pay for each episode extra money is bs.

Tamashiuchiha
24th Jun 2016, 00:30
I'm just going to wait for them to make all these extra bs episodes and then buy the season pass. These people are trying to get stupid people to pay extra. This company is sad.

doom-generation
24th Jun 2016, 00:40
But the fact that they want to charge those who pay for each episode extra money is bs.

Not really, makes total sense. I'd do it that way too if it were my business. Reward the people who paid in-full upfront. You don't have to like it, but hey, that's capitalism.

These people are trying to get stupid people to pay extra. This company is sad.

Same answer as above, really.

doom-generation
24th Jun 2016, 00:44
How the hell are you going to charge the same two maps we got only looking slightly different for ten dollars I'm assuming. And those who paid for season pass for basically the 60 dollars of the game, giving it to them for free. It's like basically saying that if I pay for that episode and the rest that follow afterwards. I'm basically giving away ten dollars for free. Whole those who spent for the "full experience season pass" basically 60 dollars, gets it for free. I'm pissed and hopefully they make it free. Cuz if they would of told us early that they will add more episodes besides the ones we know about, and charge money to those who don't have the season pass. Then I would of bought the whole game for 60.. This is bs and we all should stand up against these people.. One man can't do anything, but a whole army of us will convince them.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/83bfc2218fbb3761f3bd9f3908412405/tumblr_mgfnqnkVQi1rrov60o1_500.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7d15fbe5b6ac67dc6e4084c08b06e5f2/tumblr_mgfnqnkVQi1rrov60o2_500.gif

jimbianco
24th Jun 2016, 00:45
I'm just going to wait for them to make all these extra bs episodes and then buy the season pass. These people are trying to get stupid people to pay extra. This company is sad.

I think someone needs to break it to you that this is a business. Welcome to reality

TwistedChrome
24th Jun 2016, 03:23
Rubber_Ducky, please, shave your head and go to sleep.

Immadummee
24th Jun 2016, 07:19
You didn't pay for the whole game so what are you complaining about? To get it free? Even I don't have the full game (just have the intro pack) and I agree with their decision on this. It's because I didn't buy the full game, so what's the problem? It's not like they sold you a shoe without laces and then decided to sell you the laces separately, but, you also had the option to buy the WHOLE shoe at one price and you didn't do it and now expecting the laces to be free?

So ACTUALLY, SE/IOI should be questioning your logic.

Sorry bub, but you're wrong here.

jimbianco
24th Jun 2016, 07:31
yeah, you already whined about this in the other thread. We get it. You want everything for free. Very realistic

Puiu13
24th Jun 2016, 08:09
If you go to the market and buy ten apples you might get one for free, but if you only buy one or two apples i doubt that you'll get the same treatment, that's how business works.I think there are some things wrong about the whole releasing plan but this is definitely not one of them.

Puiu13
24th Jun 2016, 08:15
http://24.media.tumblr.com/83bfc2218fbb3761f3bd9f3908412405/tumblr_mgfnqnkVQi1rrov60o1_500.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7d15fbe5b6ac67dc6e4084c08b06e5f2/tumblr_mgfnqnkVQi1rrov60o2_500.gif

Where to hell you find all this stuff?!!:lol:

Driber
24th Jun 2016, 10:27
*merging duplicate threads*

doom-generation
24th Jun 2016, 16:26
Where to hell you find all this stuff?!!:lol:

Many years of collecting them in a bookmarked folder, just waiting for the right moment :)

RW_Slick
25th Jun 2016, 02:48
Didn't buy the full experience?

All I hear is:

M6KOEMJKdEI

Jedichrist
25th Jun 2016, 03:51
The IO studio head Hannes Seifert bonus is already on the record saying that the episode "allows us to show what we can do with Hitman as a live game,"
Seeing as I've bought every episode so far and in fact the Intro pack explicitly states "You'll have full access to contracts mode, escalation mode, elusive targets and other live content". This bonus episode should be free to anyone with all the current content so far.
If that's not the case then this game is going to be deleted from my PS4 immediately. The full experience makes no reference to bonus missions in its description but if it had I probably would've picked it up instead. I had no problem with the $5 price gouge of buying it episodically that's fine. But to come out and suddenly say "oh hey by the way we don't know when the last 3 episodes are coming but we're going to give you everyone a bonus episode for free except for the people we're charging 5 bucks more for buying it episodically..they can pay another 10 bucks lol"

Immadummee
25th Jun 2016, 05:16
The IO studio head Hannes Seifert bonus is already on the record saying that the episode "allows us to show what we can do with Hitman as a live game,"
Seeing as I've bought every episode so far and in fact the Intro pack explicitly states "You'll have full access to contracts mode, escalation mode, elusive targets and other live content". This bonus episode should be free to anyone with all the current content so far.
If that's not the case then this game is going to be deleted from my PS4 immediately. The full experience makes no reference to bonus missions in its description but if it had I probably would've picked it up instead. I had no problem with the $5 price gouge of buying it episodically that's fine. But to come out and suddenly say "oh hey by the way we don't know when the last 3 episodes are coming but we're going to give you everyone a bonus episode for free except for the people we're charging 5 bucks more for buying it episodically..they can pay another 10 bucks lol"

Hence the word "BONUS" that you forget to think about. I'm sure this was never in their plans but since the next episode still needs a bit of work, they decide to delay it and give people bonus (never planned) content. But you only get it free if you have the full experience. If you buy it by episodes, well then, you're sol.

But just think of it his way, this bonus content was never announced or planned (according to your post), so don't buy it and it's as if it never came out. So why complain? You don't get things for free just cuz you decided not to get the full game.

Jedichrist
25th Jun 2016, 05:25
The problem I'm having right now is that I've been buying the episodes one at a time. When the game was announced it was said that if you buy them separately it would end up costing $5 more. OK that's fine - you're up front about that and that's cool.

Now they've just announced that the new bonus episode is going to be a full priced episode so if I want to play it I have to fork out an extra $10 on top of the extra $5 I was already going to be paying.

If IO had been up front about the release plan from the beginning this wouldn't be such a problem now. IO is on the record saying there will be no microtransactions or DLC. For the customers who are buying this game as an episodic game - this bonus episode is DLC for us

IO studio head Hannes Seifert said the bonus episode "allows us to show what we can do with Hitman as a live game,"

So if this is an example of what yous can do as a live game why do we (we who have already bought the levels already) have to buy this bonus episode to play the live content?

The descriptions on PS4 store for the full experience make no reference to bonus episides and in fact it says the intro pack has the exact same feature description

Full experience - "full access to contracts mode, escalation mode, elusive targets and other live content."

Intro pack - "full access to contracts mode, escalation mode, elusive targets and other live content."

The complete delivery of what this game will be has been botched since it's initial announcement and it's clear there isn't a road map being followed for your release schedule and springing an extra cost on fans who are supporting your game episodically cause they couldn't afford to put all their savings down on the full experience is not a very good way to treat them and hurts my support for you guys in the long term. There are other game developers that don't treat their fans with such contempt.

RW_Slick
25th Jun 2016, 05:30
Intro pack - "full access to contracts mode, escalation mode, elusive targets and other live content."

Do you see "for free" or, "at no extra cost" anywhere in there?

If not, you made an assumption.

Jedichrist
25th Jun 2016, 05:35
IO Interactive has clarified how it intends to roll out additional content for Hitman, confirming that while the game will only ship with a limited amount of content on day one, all additional content and locations released throughout 2016 will be available to download at no additional cost.

There will be "no DLC or microtransactions", the studio promises.

Hitman_Limerick
25th Jun 2016, 07:08
Many years of collecting them in a bookmarked folder, just waiting for the right moment :)

AKA alot of free-time with no family ;).

Along with Valenka, whom i haven't seen in a while, you tweo are the most gif-tastic posters, except Valenka constantly posts Nikki Minage or something, i'm too old to care whotf that lady is.

Aside from that, why do people insist on feeding the trolls? the first response saying Full Experience and Season Pass owners get it free should've been enough, but no, more fanning the flames.

RW_Slick
25th Jun 2016, 08:15
Bored, I guess.

doom-generation
25th Jun 2016, 13:18
AKA alot of free-time with no family ;).

Not really, well, yes to the no family part. Not big on them.

Along with Valenka, whom i haven't seen in a while, you tweo are the most gif-tastic posters

Valenka is out in the world, keeping it in check. The hero we deserve.

JDMHatch_G
25th Jun 2016, 13:31
As said on the Hitman Forum, if 10 bucks is a really that big of a problem for you, then buying games should the last thing on your mind.

RW_Slick
25th Jun 2016, 22:56
As said on the Hitman Forum, if 10 bucks is a really that big of a problem for you, then buying games should the last thing on your mind.

If $10 is that much of a problem, YO ASS SHOULDA BOUGHT THE FULL EXPERIENCE!

Jedichrist
26th Jun 2016, 04:46
It was originally announced as going to be $5 more buying the game episodically and now with this bonus episode it's going to up the price $15 (assuming there aren't going to be any more paid for bonus episodes).

The problem is that IO and SE were not clear about the pricing structure. IO have already stated there would not be any DLC for this game but this bonus episode is separate from the game for the fans who are buying episodically. If there there are 1 or 2 more bonus episodes before the season ends then those users could potentially end up paying $35 more than the full experience.

Ideally they should put a new upgrade pack on the store for the fans that have bought the 3 episodes so they can get the full experience without the potential for the developers and publishers to keep upping the price.

This is less about the 10 dollar and more to do with the fact the IO and SE are not following the Consumer Rights Act of selling a product as advertised.

Jedichrist
26th Jun 2016, 05:08
http://i.imgur.com/drXRU3h.jpg
Another recent example of miscommunication regarding the product they are selling.

Anyone actually know what the plans for this episode are?

All_Names_Are_Taken
26th Jun 2016, 16:39
The problem I'm having right now is that I've been buying the episodes one at a time. When the game was announced it was said that if you buy them separately it would end up costing $5 more. OK that's fine - you're up front about that and that's cool.

Now they've just announced that the new bonus episode is going to be a full priced episode so if I want to play it I have to fork out an extra $10 on top of the extra $5 I was already going to be paying.

If IO had been up front about the release plan from the beginning this wouldn't be such a problem now. IO is on the record saying there will be no microtransactions or DLC. For the customers who are buying this game as an episodic game - this bonus episode is DLC for us

IO studio head Hannes Seifert said the bonus episode "allows us to show what we can do with Hitman as a live game,"

So if this is an example of what yous can do as a live game why do we (we who have already bought the levels already) have to buy this bonus episode to play the live content?

The descriptions on PS4 store for the full experience make no reference to bonus episides and in fact it says the intro pack has the exact same feature description

Full experience - "full access to contracts mode, escalation mode, elusive targets and other live content."

The complete delivery of what this game will be has been botched since it's initial announcement and it's clear there isn't a road map being followed for your release schedule and springing an extra cost on fans who are supporting your game episodically cause they couldn't afford to put all their savings down on the full experience is not a very good way to treat them and hurts my support for you guys in the long term. There are other game developers that don't treat their fans with such contempt.

You took the words right from my mouth. The way that IO and Enix have handled the marketting for this game, and the game in general, is a complete and utter shambles. At one point they even had to release a graphic showing people how to buy the game. This has to be the first game in history to come with an instruction manual on how to buy it. lol https://blog.livecards.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/13304696880230.332.4f674c192dcfe394cadeaa2ecca57c66.jpg

jimbianco
26th Jun 2016, 20:19
At one point they even had to release a graphic showing people how to buy the game. https://blog.livecards.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/13304696880230.332.4f674c192dcfe394cadeaa2ecca57c66.jpg

and that graphic was changed later on. They actually made two of them, and people still have no idea

jimbianco
26th Jun 2016, 20:21
http://i.imgur.com/drXRU3h.jpg
Another recent example of miscommunication regarding the product they are selling.

Anyone actually know what the plans for this episode are?

I'm thrown for a loop on this one. I bought the full exp. so it doesn't affect me, but this twitter post contradicts what Travis at IOI posted on blog.

Driber
27th Jun 2016, 10:52
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Hitman on Twitter interpreting the question as "can I still get the bonus content if I right now purchase the upgrade pack"?

All_Names_Are_Taken
27th Jun 2016, 17:41
and that graphic was changed later on. They actually made two of them, and people still have no idea

lol Did they? Ohhh i give up on the franchise and IO. I'll just keep throwing Blood Money into my Xbox 360 once in a while and class that as the last Hitman game ever made. :)

KManX89
29th Jun 2016, 12:36
*User buys Full Experience, complains about not getting what he paid for*
Apologists: "You shouldn't have bought the full game!"

*User pays for episodes individually, complains about getting charged for extra content, the opposite of what they advertised*
Apologists: "Too bad, buy the full game or pay up!"

First, he shouldn't have bought the full game, and now, you're saying he should have when it conveniently suits your agenda, WTF? Gotta love the double standards in this thread, this is textbook "trying to have your cake and eat it, too." :lol:

So basically, your options are either pay full price for 1/8 the game or pay an extra $15 for all the episodes, yeah, some "freedom" they're lending their fans. :rolleyes: IO and SE serving the game in small chunks and locking basic single-player features behind online-only on top of that was plenty bad enough on its own, I guess we can add this one to the pile.

Seriously, just look at the Metacritic user scores for the Intro Pack, they're f'ing atrocious. On all 3 systems. Gee, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

RW_Slick
29th Jun 2016, 12:42

Ummmmm. . . where did you hear this??? I have the FE, I was fully aware of what I was getting into and I have no complaints. I understand some do, but I doubt that Square Enix has told ANYONE "ya shouldn't have bought the full game."

JDMHatch_G
29th Jun 2016, 12:47
Seriously, just look at the Metacritic user scores for the Intro Pack, they're f'ing atrocious. On all 3 systems. Gee, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

77/75/75

Is that your idea of "F'ing atrocious"?

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/hitman%20intro%20pack/results

RW_Slick
29th Jun 2016, 13:33
And personally, those are scors from March, back when no one knew what to expect from the game. I was not too impressed at first and I love the game now. If the Intro pack were to be regraded now, I think it would get 5-10 more points at least.

doom-generation
29th Jun 2016, 23:52

*User pays for episodes individually, complains about getting charged for extra content, the opposite of what they advertised*
Apologists: "Too bad, buy the full game or pay up!"

First, he shouldn't have bought the full game, and now, you're saying he should have when it conveniently suits your agenda, WTF? Gotta love the double standards in this thread, this is textbook "trying to have your cake and eat it, too." :lol:

Who is saying they bought the FE and are complaining about not getting what they paid for? Did I miss something? I don't see a double standard...

Laksefest
1st Jul 2016, 15:10
I paid for the full game, but after it was released. Is it only people who bought the pre-release who gets all the episodes? I notice I now got to pay per episode? Is this right or is it just a bug? I dont really care about the amount (10$) as I spend lots of money on games, but this is a bit cheesy I think. You buy the full game and then you are also supposed to pay per episode? So why did I have to pay for the "full game"? I didnt get the full thing?

If this is the case, and also with how unstable the servers are, Im not going to pay for it. I'll just find something else to pay for and play. I was already unhappy with how unstable the servers are, now Im just unhappy with your whole business model and in a way I feel cheated. I dont like to pay money to cheaters. You can take your game and you can wrap it in nice little package, then you can take that neat package and you can put some lube on it, then you take that lubricated package and you do whatever you want with it. I dont want any part of this, im uninstalling this from my xbox. What a terrible way to present something. Instead of making a nice game you have just pissed off your customers. Congratulations!

I will seriously reconsider before I buy anything else from you again.

jimbianco
1st Jul 2016, 20:29
I paid for the full game, but after it was released. Is it only people who bought the pre-release who gets all the episodes? I notice I now got to pay per episode? Is this right or is it just a bug? I dont really care about the amount (10$) as I spend lots of money on games, but this is a bit cheesy I think. You buy the full game and then you are also supposed to pay per episode? So why did I have to pay for the "full game"? I didnt get the full thing?

no, not right. If you bought The Full Experience(60.00), you do not have to pay per episode.

Laksefest
2nd Jul 2016, 11:48
no, not right. If you bought The Full Experience(60.00), you do not have to pay per episode.

In my Xbox version of the game it shows up like this:
Hitman - The full experience (owned)
Hitman - Upgrade pack (owned)

Its still asking me to pay for Marrakesh if I want it. The last episode (Sapienza) downloaded and became available by itself, so whats up with this new episode and why isnt it downloading unless i pay for it? Maybe I will just uninstall and install again to see if that fixes it.

If this is just a bug, its not as bad as I thought. But common guys, fix those servers! How hard can it be?

Laksefest
2nd Jul 2016, 11:58
Installing the game again fixed the episode thing, so then its not as bad as I thought it was. Sorry about my angry rant yesterday, I thought you had gone completely nuts and started charging for all the new episodes.

KManX89
18th Sep 2016, 17:10
77/75/75

Is that your idea of "F'ing atrocious"?

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/hitman%20intro%20pack/results

*sigh*

I said user scores.

Which BTW, they're as follows:

5.0 (PS4)
4.2 (XB1)
3.7 (PC)

On what f'ing planet are those considered anywhere close to "good"?

And on what planet is paying $65 for <1/7 the game "getting what you paid for?" Because it's only free if you paid full price for a fraction of the game. It's like they decided "hey, you wanna buy an episodic game in episodes (basically only pay for the parts of the game that are actually finished), guess what? We're gonna charge you more to get the full game as it comes out!"

I'm sorry, but when your only options are A)paying full price up front for an unfinished game or B)gradually paying an extra $15 to get only the content that's available, then it's not much of a choice, now is it? Ergo, I'd say they're right to trash this decision especially when it contradicts past statements from the publisher.

ShadowClient
3rd Oct 2016, 14:42
Yeah I don't really get why you expected them to be free either to be honest glad I got the full experience, it may have lots of flaws but its still an awesome game.

573_12
12th Oct 2016, 11:42

I actually logged in just to tell you that the websites you have posted are awful, I mean even when the loading has finished they have something processing in the background that causes the page to freeze.

And don't say its an internet speed thing, it's not. It's just a bad bad website, do they pay you to post them? because they should, they need it, so they can invest in development.

Also, I bought the pre-order so I don't really mind and I haven't actually played the game since, episode 2 So I don't actually know what your talking about, but as it's the internet everyone comments on s**t they don't know anything about.

When the game first came out it got boring fast playing a single mission 200x to gain mastery I would rather have waited untill about this time next year to buy the game for tenner anyway.

It's not that it's not good, it's OK. I just no longer like SE / IOI enough to pay them any decent amount of money.