PDA

View Full Version : I think AOD... take.....

Lara Croft Unlimited
7th Jul 2002, 06:39
I think AOD is going to take up a lot of space when you install it on your computer. You know how other PS2 games that are converted to PC games are really big on the PC. They take up like 3 GB and stuff. So pretend the AOD game. The game GRAPHICS will be wild. It might even take up like 5 GB on your computer or more. So i would get PS2.

TR_Freak
7th Jul 2002, 07:19
Who knows... who cares ( i just got an new computer with 120 gigs) but 5 gigs! Your out of your mind! (btw congrats on becomming a member)... Theres no way in hell a game will ever take up that much space! They run it off of the cd so at most the game takes up like.. at most 10 mbs? I might have even over guessed on that! Sorry but theres no way!

DaveJ
7th Jul 2002, 09:00
The old games run off the CD and take up very little space.

The new game will likely be different.

Games nowadays give you the option to do a 'full' or 'minimum' install onto your PC...'Full' being better as it doesn't need to access the CD during the game, and thus loads quicker.

But the most I ever installed was "Medal of Honour: Allied Assault" which was about 1.3GB.

Oh and "Druuna:Morbus Gravis"...that was about about 3.2GB if you did a full install.

Lara Croft Unlimited
7th Jul 2002, 20:12
NEW GAMES that were PS2 and Xbox games are BIG! TRUST me they are!

I got Spider-Man the movie game and its 3.5GB or something.

Mayhem
8th Jul 2002, 17:46
gta3 which is a huge game takes like almost 1GB.
traod wont take much more than 1GB.
i will get traod for the pc, because i will get better graphics and better performance(like in gta3).

snodaemon
8th Jul 2002, 21:16
[color=blue]I guess i should i look at the requierments b4 buying, eh?[color]

Aquarius
8th Jul 2002, 23:39
How do you check on your computer how much space you have?? (I use Windows ME, if it makes a difference.....)

DKSM
8th Jul 2002, 23:50
You could see how much space the C: drive takes up. It should also tell you the available space if you show it in detail mode I think. There might be a better way, I just don't know it.

LarzBritsh
9th Jul 2002, 00:52
When i installed "Vampire: The Masquerade" in full installation, it took up 2GB.

Older games take up more space on cds (like Riven, it was on 5 cds!) but if Riven were to be made today, it would fit on 1 cd.

Newer games are more advanced with tons of character models, fmvs, textures, and accessing those on the cd is too slow for some users. Thus, they have the option to install most of the content on their hd.

Mgardiner
9th Jul 2002, 06:17
Keep your PS2 version thank you very much. Ill just play it on my PC with my nice Geforce 4 and a gamepad :D same effect only Ill be the one with better graphics and less jaggies :P (was a ps2 owner, got an Xbox...traded PS2...now has Xbox and GC and PC)

DaveJ
9th Jul 2002, 07:26
(As above but still has PS2 too).

The only console I'd consider getting it for is the X-Box...as it is I'll get the PC version.

GoranAgar
17th Jul 2002, 10:33
Originally posted by TR_Freak
( i just got an new computer with 120 gigs)
My wife has an older computer with 160 GB disc space. I bought it for my computer, but ... well, so I am stuck with 120 GB.

But my wife and I will be able to park AOD on our computers.

BTW, he who dies with the most toys ... still dies.

LeeO
17th Jul 2002, 20:59
I'm getting it for the PC because I don't have a Playstation2 and don't plan to get one! lol