PDA

View Full Version : No Episode 4 Until August????

DIEFROMTHECRABZ
21st Jun 2016, 02:16
Please By The Gods, Tell Me This Isnt True -_____-

kaneten
21st Jun 2016, 11:29
Technically it isn't, because all we have is "later in 2016", and we can pretty much depend on it not coming out this month or in July. But don't worry, we'll get plenty of things like elusive targets you can be disconnected from and escalations that cunning twists that no Hitman player would normally do like "hide the bodies" or, to really spice it up, "hide the bodies in 90 seconds". Exciting!

The average time between episodes so far (including Ep 3 - Bonus) is about 43 days, so if it's gonna be August, it's probably going to be August 31.

Immadummee
21st Jun 2016, 12:59
More likely won't be a July release cuz of the summer bonus episode. Probably the next one isn't in good enough condition to release thus why they are giving out a summer bonus to carry everyone over through July into August for the next episode. I doubt they would be releasing the summer bonus and the next episode in the same month.

jimbianco
21st Jun 2016, 19:21
might even be September, who knows. I guarantee you episode 4 will not be in July. Would have been announced at E3. I think the bonus episode was supposed to be after episode 6, then they realized the next episode will not be ready, so they moved it up to July 19th. They keep pushing these escalations as "content", but to me , they are just taking up space on hard drive. Absolutely hate them. Elusives should be more frequent, and even those are not all that thrilling. I would actually prefer the revamped contracts mode with a patch of fixes/improvements. Seems like they are in a state of chaos over there at IOI, releasing buggy content, before fixing other buggy content, leading to even more buggy content... and no actual progress being made.

doom-generation
22nd Jun 2016, 01:41
They keep pushing these escalations as "content", but to me , they are just taking up space on hard drive. Absolutely hate them.

I'm not a huge fan of the Escalations either. Better than nothing, but such a grind.

Elusives should be more frequent, and even those are not all that thrilling.

I disagree here; making the Elusive targets more frequent would only increase the already sizable amount of people complaining that they are too busy to complete them. I think they are coming at a decent rate as they are.

Seems like they are in a state of chaos over there at IOI, releasing buggy content, before fixing other buggy content, leading to even more buggy content... and no actual progress being made.

I can see why you might think that, and there are certainly bugs to be found, but saying that no progress is being made is a bit unfair, I think. The game has already improved quite a lot since release, and we're only halfway through the release schedule.

jimbianco
22nd Jun 2016, 02:00
I can see why you might think that, and there are certainly bugs to be found, but saying that no progress is being made is a bit unfair, I think. The game has already improved quite a lot since release, and we're only halfway through the release schedule.

sort of true, some progress has been made, but It seems like every step forward taken results in 2 steps back. I look forward so much to patch updates, but I dread them at the same time, knowing that something else will be affected. I am terrified what the new & improved contracts mode will break. Today, for example, the server maintenance caused all kinds of weird things. Think about this one : Kotti created a contract to kill Rocco using the Vampire Magician costume. A temp. glitch while doing server maintenance. Weird things like this are popping up all the time.

doom-generation
22nd Jun 2016, 12:29
Today, for example, the server maintenance caused all kinds of weird things. Think about this one : Kotti created a contract to kill Rocco using the Vampire Magician costume.

I mean... he is a magician... :p