PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about game mechanics (cameras and bodies)

YOBA_Smile
12th Jun 2016, 12:02
Didn't play Hitman since Paris release. Recently I completed Sapienza: killed De Santis with electricity accident and Caruso using explosive golf ball (was surprised that this one is considered to be an accident too). Also i was caught by security camera in the house, but later I erased recordings. The result is:
- I GOT points for no bodies found (but still guards found both)
- I DIDN'T GET points for no evidence and no recordings, but as i said i erased recordings in the house, i didn't visit town hall and a church and a security center in the lab was inactive.

So i have two questions about game mechanics:
1.) Found body after an accident doesn't affeсt your score (like it was in Blood Money) anymore? After Paris mission release it did, as I remember.
2.) What are the new rules considering security cameras? If I was caught by a camera i get penalty for "no recordings score" anyway, regardless i erase recordings or not? Or it was just a bug???
Thanks for your answer.

RW_Slick
12th Jun 2016, 12:31
Target bodies can be found if you got an accident kill.
You said that you lost your bonus because there were recordings of you. My question is where were you recorded and where did you delete the evidence? Sapienza has four different sets of cameras and four servers to destroy. Caruso's Family home has two and they are not linked. If you get filmed in the underground lab and destroy the server beneath the attic, you have not deleted your recording and vice versa.

YOBA_Smile
13th Jun 2016, 12:27
Yep, I even get a notification that body's found. But if you make an accident kill, found body DOESN'T affect the score. So you still get your 20000 points for "No bodies found". I checked it several times on Sapienza and Marrakech. It even works with explosive golf ball kill, which is pretty odd because this one is obviously not an accident :) I wonder if additional victims of an accident don't affect the score too (like in Blood Money). Have to check that.

My question is where were you recorded and where did you delete the evidence?
I visited Caruso's house and the lab only. I destroyed evidence in the house. The security center in the lab was inactive. But still the game said I was recorded.

KrazySniper
13th Jun 2016, 16:09
Yep. Also, I don't think you're penalized if random NPC bodies are found after they have died from an accident, but I'm not 100% sure.

As for the cameras, once a camera spots you, you will be deducted 20,000 points for being spotted even if you destroy the evidence afterwards. Destroying the evidence only gets rid of the penalty for being recorded, it does not get rid of the penalty for being spotted (and I don't know if this is intentional or not). To avoid this penalty, either destroy the evidence before getting spotted by a camera, shoot the camera before it sees you, or plan your route so that you don't get spotted by any cameras in the first place.

YOBA_Smile
13th Jun 2016, 18:06
2KrazySniper I suppose cameras are just buggy in Sapienza. Completed the level one more time: visited only house and lab, was recorded in the house, then destroyed the evidence in the house, then moved to lab and was caught by camera (there was a sound, but no text message) and COULD NOT destroy the evidence in the lab, because the security center was INACTIVE (like if I erased recordings before). The result is - never spotted 0, no recordings 0. Seems like erasing recordings in the house makes erasing recordings in the lab impossible. And probably vice versa.
The best decision is not ever being caught lol.

KrazySniper
13th Jun 2016, 21:24
2KrazySniper I suppose cameras are just buggy in Sapienza. Completed the level one more time: visited only house and lab, was recorded in the house, then destroyed the evidence in the house

Were you spotted by the camera before you destroyed the evidence? That would explain why you were penalized.

then moved to lab and was caught by camera (there was a sound, but no text message)

Cameras still make a beeping noise even after you destroy the evidence. If you destroyed the evidence before being spotted by the camera, you don't need to worry about the beeping noises.

and COULD NOT destroy the evidence in the lab, because the security center was INACTIVE (like if I erased recordings before).

You can't destroy the evidence in the lab because the house and lab cameras are connected together. When you destroyed the evidence in the house, the evidence for the lab cameras was also destroyed.

RW_Slick
14th Jun 2016, 23:29
I disagree with the above statement. The house and lab have separate security systems. If you are filmed by the lab cameras but destroy the server in the house (one floor down from attic), you are still recorded. There is a "glitch" where you can walk up to a server and it will not show the "Destroy Evidence" option. The fix for that is to shoot it. It's destroyed then. I always destroy both servers and I do it before being recorded by either.

KrazySniper
15th Jun 2016, 00:38
I disagree with the above statement. The house and lab have separate security systems. If you are filmed by the lab cameras but destroy the server in the house (one floor down from attic), you are still recorded.

No, they don't. The house and lab security systems are connected to each other. Destroying the evidence in the house affects the security cameras in the lab. Video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13iq5ncjlUM)

In the above video, I destroy the evidence in the house at 5:18. I intentionally step into the line of sight of multiple cameras in the lab at 7:22 and 7:28 to prove that destroying the evidence in the house affects the lab cameras. At 8:08, I still achieved a SA ranking despite not destroying the lab evidence and standing in front of multiple lab cameras.

Destroying the evidence in the house affects both the security cameras in the house and the security cameras in the lab.

doom-generation
15th Jun 2016, 23:40
No, they don't. The house and lab security systems are connected to each other. Destroying the evidence in the house affects the security cameras in the lab.

I must say I also believed this to be the case.