PDA

View Full Version : 5 Elusive Targets Reward

jimbianco
10th Jun 2016, 13:28
Travis announced on twitch that the first reward for eliminating 5 elusive targets will be Absolution Suit WITH gloves.
10 will be Blood Money suit with gloves. Next elusive will be the 14th.

JefTheReaper
10th Jun 2016, 14:03
Travis announced on twitch that the first reward for eliminating 5 elusive targets will be Absolution Suit WITH gloves.
10 will be Blood Money suit with gloves. Next elusive will be the 14th.

Was that not already a known thing?
Ever sinds the first elusive target you can see elusive target rewards in the Feats list,
at the 5 and 10 mark, you can see a small icon version, preview image of the suit.

Absolution suit is pretty much like the regular one, but with the icon of Hitman as a tie clip (and perhaps with gloves?)

Blood money suit is also the trademark black suit, but with a striped red tie.

ProfessorHojo
10th Jun 2016, 16:40
The original plan was for a version without gloves and then one later on with gloves, but that's changed thanks to community input. As Travis said in the latest blog post (https://hitman.com/en-gb/news/this-week-in-hitman-10-6-2016), "we want to make sure that the suit rewards you'll earn through Elusive Targets are prestigious".

JefTheReaper
10th Jun 2016, 16:52
That's a real nice looking suit, seriously so glad 47 looks like his good old self again, he makes the suit look way better then 47 from absolution ever could.

jimbianco
10th Jun 2016, 18:11
Was that not already a known thing?

they added the gloves.....

JefTheReaper
10th Jun 2016, 20:57
they added the gloves.....

Yeah they already mentioned that above here.

To be fair I assumed that would always be the case considering 47's signature suit always had the gloves in Absolution (or at least that's what I remember)

Its good they decided to add them to the absolution suit reward.
I heard about the original "tier" idea, and I was horrified.
That's something to do for a mmo, releasing the same outfit 20 times with just tiny differences.
(And I hate it when people do that)

robotx17
15th Jun 2016, 09:37
Sniper Suitcase more immersive than gloves

Tomzgun
21st Jun 2016, 16:37
Well this is bad news for a new player like myself who failed my first Elusive Target and restarted the game to find the other 2 were no longer playable to which I havn't even got an attempt at.. so now I miss out on these rewards? surely this isn't fair.

RW_Slick
21st Jun 2016, 17:19
Well this is bad news for a new player like myself who failed my first Elusive Target and restarted the game to find the other 2 were no longer playable to which I havn't even got an attempt at.. so now I miss out on these rewards? surely this isn't fair.

My advice is to make use of the restart ability when the next ET comes out and plan your strategy carefully. I honestly wish you luck, but there is nothing unfair about this when Elusive Targets were explained to be this way before the game ever launched. Just like any limited time offer, you have to be in it to win it.

many games have offered free DLC or a discount during the first week of launch. Are you going to say "it's not fair" when you buy it a month after launch. Same for an store sale where the game is $10 off. If you buy it after that sale has ended, how is that "not fair?"

The Pokémon series often distributes free legendary Pokémon for a certain period of time. Is it "not fair" that you try to DL one after the promo ends?

While it certainly does suck that you failed the one mission you were able to attempt, there is no issue of fairness on the ones that you missed. The first Elusive Target did not appear until two whole months after the game had released. In only a month's time, there have been four ETs. I think you will have enough chances to make ten before the season ends.

Tomzgun
21st Jun 2016, 17:53
My advice is to make use of the restart ability when the next ET comes out and plan your strategy carefully. I honestly wish you luck, but there is nothing unfair about this when Elusive Targets were explained to be this way before the game ever launched. Just like any limited time offer, you have to be in it to win it.

many games have offered free DLC or a discount during the first week of launch. Are you going to say "it's not fair" when you buy it a month after launch. Same for an store sale where the game is $10 off. If you buy it after that sale has ended, how is that "not fair?"

The Pokémon series often distributes free legendary Pokémon for a certain period of time. Is it "not fair" that you try to DL one after the promo ends?

While it certainly does suck that you failed the one mission you were able to attempt, there is no issue of fairness on the ones that you missed. The first Elusive Target did not appear until two whole months after the game had released. In only a month's time, there have been four ETs. I think you will have enough chances to make ten before the season ends.

I purchased this game 2 days ago.. not knowing they would never be playable again.. not to mention there was no restart after I had died.

I said it is not fair if this would be un-obtainable due to above reasons when I paid for THIS game I expect to USE the content that comes with it.. not be limited due to said missions.. how stupid.

This is not a promo nor is it a first week discount like you are trying to say.. also if a promo is on sale and I did not get it during the time it is still AVAILABLE and I did not reference this to being unfair at all rather if the content I paid for is not obtainable due to above reasons then yes that is unfair, I should be allowed to replay them to gain said content.. and if you really want to go into it I had 4 total Elusive Contracts available to which I failed one and the others had 80 days etc left on them to complete and after restarting my game as I died on the first ET to hope I could replay it I found that is was listed as ''Failed" and the 3 remaining ET's are now classed as ''Missed''... despite not even attempting any of those remaining 3... this is a major flaw in the game.

jimbianco
22nd Jun 2016, 00:09
I purchased this game 2 days ago.. not knowing they would never be playable again..

what did you think "elusive targets" meant? Trust me, it's no big deal anyway, these are one-off type of things and there will be plenty more. I suggest entering your email address in the tile "SEM" on the menu screen. You'll get emails letting you know when elusives are coming, plus surveys from IOI. Remember, the game is no where near being polished/finished. So this whole elusive system may change someday. There are alot of things getting tweaked,fixed still. Contracts mode for one. For example, there was no holster animation until a couple updates ago... they gave it to us because we complained, they took out slo-mo headshots, that annoying ringing "kill" sound, and other things. Now we need human shield, more blood, conceal food crates ,native accents and a damn briefcase!!!:)

doom-generation
22nd Jun 2016, 01:26
I purchased this game 2 days ago.. not knowing they would never be playable again.. not to mention there was no restart after I had died.

I said it is not fair if this would be un-obtainable due to above reasons when I paid for THIS game I expect to USE the content that comes with it.. not be limited due to said missions.. how stupid.

You did not pay for the bonus items that come from completing Elusive targets. Those are a reward for those who put in the time and effort. Nothing wrong with that.

Tomzgun
23rd Jun 2016, 17:38
You did not pay for the bonus items that come from completing Elusive targets. Those are a reward for those who put in the time and effort. Nothing wrong with that.

So your all effectively saying they did not account for those latecomers who would purchase the game and infact complete noobies to the series...

And this is content I paid for which I am missing out on.. not getting to even attempt to play the other 3 ET's I didn't even start is missing out on content that I paid for.. and in the end effectively stopping me from obtaining said rewards..

doom-generation
24th Jun 2016, 00:50
So your all effectively saying they did not account for those latecomers who would purchase the game and infact complete noobies to the series...

And this is content I paid for which I am missing out on.. not getting to even attempt to play the other 3 ET's I didn't even start is missing out on content that I paid for.. and in the end effectively stopping me from obtaining said rewards..

It's not a case of "not accounting for latecomers", but one of rewarding those who were here every step of the way. That's just how it is. Yes, the Elusive targets were part of the experience you paid for, but they were also always timed. If you get to them late, that's kinda on you, dude. There's plenty more coming up anyway.

RW_Slick
27th Jun 2016, 00:30
Five days away!

TrickyDevice
4th Jul 2016, 02:52
Woohoo, I have a lovely new suit! (Even though I did Fail 'The Prince'...)

btw... Am I the only one that felt they were hitting Justin Bieber in 'The Sensation'? :hmm: