PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

PAT2K9
31st May 2012, 09:29
I would buy it in a heart beat.

Summoner
31st May 2012, 13:50
It would really be nice, I'd buy it again.

kupo1705
31st May 2012, 15:09
What happened to those PSP ports anyway?

Only one Monster Hunter game has been ported so far and it wasn't even released outisde of Japan.

member_10163369
31st May 2012, 17:14
I know I'd buy it again ^_^

member_10393417
1st Jun 2012, 00:08
If this did occur, I'd easilly drop a good 20 dollars down for the digital copy to be used on my ps3. Shamestop's been selling them used for about 8 dollars around here, but I'd much rather prefer to relive the experience on my television. I think it would just draw me in that much more to the experience it gives already.

member_10053151
1st Jun 2012, 00:52
Port would be nice. That game was the reason I bought a PSP in the first place and still remains my favorite to this day :)

Sefyre
1st Jun 2012, 01:03
A port to both the PS3 AND the handheld Vita would definitely be awesome and Crisis Core is one of my favorite games for my PSP and it is (was? if the game was ever ported over as a downloadable game or was given its own Vita cartridge) one of the reasons I have not switched over to the Vita.

Jackstin
1st Jun 2012, 04:50
I cannot get on board with this...

Crisis Core was just so....dull...

Summoner
1st Jun 2012, 09:38
It was different, the gamble system for the battle is just random and you have to be a little lucky. But that's one of the things I really didn't care about.

o.o
2nd Jun 2012, 10:20
Crisis Core is one of my favorite games the only part I didn't liked is when Zack died

Summoner
2nd Jun 2012, 10:51
They had to make it sync with the beginning of FFVII.

member_10085059
2nd Jun 2012, 20:41
I loved Crisis Core so much. I literally bawled my eyes out at the end though. It's my second favorite game on the PSP, behind P3P.

Chaser
2nd Jun 2012, 20:58
A Re-release on the PS3 would be an insta-buy from me. I love the game :D

member_10202502
2nd Jun 2012, 22:16
They should make a Crisis Core Version of Final Fantasy VII, but use the Sword from Advent Children, not the original... =D

That new Sword style looks so much better then the Original Sword...

The new Sword is so much better looking detail wise, no?

What does everyone think?

Summoner
3rd Jun 2012, 07:46
But the sword from Advent Children was after everything happened in FFVII so it wouldn't even make sense to make it available.

member_10202502
3rd Jun 2012, 19:14
Yes, it was, but the Sword from Advent Children wasn't a new Sword, it was just a re-design Model of the Original Sword, Advent Children has nothing to do with the Sword it's self... The Sword was just apart of the Re-Designed Graphix of the Universe...

So using that same Sword for Zack in Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core... Wouldn't really have any problems there, it's not like Cloud Updated the Sword, or Remade it, it was just a Graphics thing... Which is why I suggested it...

The Powers from the Sword are still the same as back then, the only difference is that the Sword has a new Detailed work on it... So why not do that, I think it'd make the Sword look better... =D

Do you disagree?

Summoner
3rd Jun 2012, 21:37
The Buster Sword in AC is still different, I mean when FFVII was out the graphic quality was low so of course the graphics from CC would have to define the sword more, I think the sword should be from CC since it was before the events in VII. I have to disagree with you GuRuAsaki.

FrozenReine
4th Jun 2012, 10:33
GuRuAsaki, the Buster Sword Cloud uses in AC is not the original that Angeal passed to Zack. The original is stuck in the ground on a cliff (where Zack died?). Kadaj kicks it over in the scene where he, Loz, and Yazoo first appear in; right before they chase Cloud, meaning that Cloud had his Buster Sword in AC remade and used the original as what looks like it's a grave marker for Zack.

On topic, I'd love to see CC for the PS3, I've played it plenty or times, but I would play it again even moreif they moved it to the PS3.

Summoner
5th Jun 2012, 09:45
Thank you Winter_Cherry, totally forgot about that.

member_10074094
8th Jun 2012, 22:15
the sword you are refering to is First Tsurugi, and there was speculation a few years ago that a conclusion to the compilation would involve character swapping system like Versus 13 where each character has a different play style, and Cloud's would revolve around mastery of the six weapons that make up first tsurugi (this was speculation on a forum I used to post frequently on, so it might not be common knowledge to anyone else...)

on topic: since I just finally got a psp, this doesn't effect me at all (will be picking cc up soon), and since my ps3 is only a month older it wouldn't have really effected me before I got the psp either. But, if it was a graphic update and maybe new content, I would definately be interested.

iambasho777
8th Jun 2012, 22:25
If you really want your PSP games on your TV, you can always buy a PSP to componet cord from Amazon. I got one two weeks ago because I was tired of being hunched over to play KHBBS, and while the graphics take a bit of a dip in quality I think it's still awesome. Maybe I'll see how it looks with Crisis Core sometime this weekend and let y'all know

member_10074094
8th Jun 2012, 22:37
If you really want your PSP games on your TV, you can always buy a PSP to componet cord from Amazon. I got one two weeks ago because I was tired of being hunched over to play KHBBS, and while the graphics take a bit of a dip in quality I think it's still awesome. Maybe I'll see how it looks with Crisis Core sometime this weekend and let y'all know

Unfortunately, the problem is that some people can't afford a psp or are kids stuck with a rule of one from their parents or similar issues, and some people won't even accept the dip in graphical quality. I, however, am very interested in your solution because my back is killing me from my psp (and only had it for a week!) and, if your screen resolution is low enough, you actually won't get a horrible dip in quality (might try using my laptop for it)

iambasho777
8th Jun 2012, 22:59
The cord cost me something like $4.50 with shipping on Amazon and got to my house in 6 days. With my 28 inch tv some pixellation is noticable, but it isn't all too bad. My biggest problem with it so far is that it's only 5-6 feet long, so I have to be pretty close to my TV

NoelKreissX
9th Jun 2012, 00:25
For me so far has been the best ending I've seen, all the Final Fantasy I've played, the crisis core has had the best ending. comment and greetings /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

PAT2K9
9th Jun 2012, 00:46
FF VII Crisis Core had one of my favorite Final Fantasy stories of all times. The ending was by far the most emotional out of all FF games. It was very well done.

I really hope that Square Enix will port the game to the PS3, so that more people get to play it.

Copedw25
9th Jun 2012, 03:58
As much as I enjoyed FFVII, and a few of the side stories/movies/games, I can't say that I fully enjoyed all of Crisis Core. I felt a lot of the stuff was just weird to even add to the series. I don't know, it was a good game, and filled in quite a bit for it being a prequel. But Genesis and Angeal didn't fit in as well as I thought they would. The ending was great though, like you mentioned.

SilverArrow20XX
9th Jun 2012, 10:47
I enjoyed Cricis Core thoroughly. It had a great ending too. Just wish they'd finish Genesis's story already.

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 16:04
Yeah I kinda felt that Angeal and Genesis were out of place.

NoelKreissX
10th Jun 2012, 22:29
I enjoyed Crisis Core thoroughly. It had a great ending too. Just wish they'd finish Genesis's story already.

All this after take genesis and that happens to him after that?

member_10054570
11th Jun 2012, 11:38
The ending of CC:FF7, yeah it was definitely one of the sadness ending the the FF series. It completely out beats FFX when Tidus disappears.

Everyone who's every played FF7 all knew Zack was gonna die. But to go through his life and see what a great guy he is made his death much more painful. In FF7, he was kinda like a side character you didn't know much about, so you didn't really care. They definitely did justice for Zack, seeing how he's not a side character, but a real HERO! Although it would be much better if he never died. *sign* but he needed to die for the that blonde headed, cross-dressing, arcade loving, Chocobo gambling, spiky haired guy who WAS adorable and puppy like, then became crazy and super emotional Cloud, so he can gather people to save the Planet from the super psycho Sephiroth and the Meteor.

About Angeal and Genesis being out of place...it wasn't bad to have them in the story, because they made Sephiroth more human. He had friends and then went crazy because of everything that happened. He too was a victim of Dr. Hoho's experiments.

Beside if it wasn't for Angeal, Zack wouldn't have the Buster Sword, or be the cool, handsome, puppy-dog character I love (yeah it's not WE, cause I don't know why you like him).

And yes, I agree. Genesis's story really needs to end soon. I know he appeared at the end of Dirge of Cerberus (opps...was that suppose to be a secret ending?...anyways) the only thing he's really know for is the red and black outfit and the fact that he kept reading Loveless and says "The gift of the goddess...." and so on he goes...but that's one really short play he's reading.

iambasho777
11th Jun 2012, 12:11
Angeal and Genesis were both kinda needed, and I didn't think they were out of place. Since Dirge came out before Crisis Core, they had to explain Genesis because of all the teasing they did about him in Dirge with the G Reports basically saying that Genesis was the model for the Deepground soldiers, especially the Tsviets; they did not need to be sane, just strong. His appearance in the ending seemed a little wtf-ish to me, since I played Dirge after CC instead of before. Angeal was needed for character development for Zach, so that they could allow us to be more emotionally attached to him. In these roles, I thought both characters did their part well.

Also, if they do continue the compilation of FFVII, I have a feeling that the passage Genesis always read about the gift of the Goddess will become prophetic in some way, which is why they kept drilling it into our heads with every Genesis cutscene.

As a side note, is there any way to play Before Crisis nowadays that anyone knows of? I doubt we can still find it anywhere (being a cellphone game from 8 years ago and all), but I think I would enjoy playing it if it was possible

Summoner
11th Jun 2012, 12:51
I've only played FFVII and CC, I haven't been around to play Dirge of Cerberus.

iambasho777
11th Jun 2012, 14:30
It's a decent game, not nearly as good as most other SE games though IMO. I usually don't like shooters, though, which is why. I would say it's worth picking up if you see it at a used game shop for like 15 bucks or less, just don't go in to it expecting a continuation of Cloud's story. Dirge is all about our vampire/zombie/other undead beastly friend Vincent, and takes place shortly after the events of Advent Children. The game got a lot of hate because it didn't focus on Cloud, Tifa, Barret, or Nanaki (they all got cameos, nothing of importance to the story though), but instead on Vincent, Yuffie, and Cait Sith with a little bit of Cid importance (I read they wanted to put in more of Nanaki, but didn't have the tools to properly render his fur at the time for normal cutscenes, so he just had a cameo in the CGI ending sequence).

Summoner
11th Jun 2012, 22:48
Yeah, well story is important, I might decide to get it if they have it for DLC on the PSN sometime in the future if they decide to.

SilverArrow20XX
12th Jun 2012, 17:07
As a side note, is there any way to play Before Crisis nowadays that anyone knows of? I doubt we can still find it anywhere (being a cellphone game from 8 years ago and all), but I think I would enjoy playing it if it was possible

Hajime Tabata said he'd like to remake it for the 3DS. That seems to be our best hope.

Summoner
12th Jun 2012, 19:20
Cool I wouldnt mind it being on the 3DS.

member_10628951
20th Jun 2012, 19:31
I saw this video on youtube about two months ago and I keep coming back to watch it. It is one of the best fan made video trailers for a Final Fantasy game.

***Warning**** The video is somewhat spoilerish for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

I would love to hear what you guys think of the trailer. Please comment below.

<object width="640" height="360" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7j0Zwvzn88?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></object>

Summoner
20th Jun 2012, 21:03
It's ok, I think the music is kinda off and it's too loud cause it distracts the voices from the characters. But that's my opinion.

new_tradition
26th Jun 2012, 17:59
I was close to bawling like a little kid when I beat Crisis Core the first time. Playing that song while the gamers keeps getting flashes of the awesomeness of Zack after he dies in front of Cloud just really yanked of the good ol' emotions ;A;

member_10333514
5th Jul 2012, 04:55
I would love to buy and play this game again for the third time so I can play it on the beautiful Vita screen. Why have they not made this a downloadable game yet?

member_10489170
5th Jul 2012, 05:11
my guess, due to the FFVII myth, one day there is a chance all of FFVII will be redesigned and released as a single package, when that day comes, crisis core will be downloadable

In the meantime, I'm be searching for the lost city of Atlantis

Asuha
5th Jul 2012, 10:05
Crisis Core, Birth by Sleep, FF I and II... all of these would be wonderful to have digital versions so people could play them on their Vitas.

ImmortalStrain
5th Jul 2012, 13:19
Crisis Core, Birth by Sleep, FF I and II... all of these would be wonderful to have digital versions so people could play them on their Vitas.

You nailed it. I still have a PSP for just these games. If they added them to the Vita list I would purchase in a split second.

member_10007549
5th Jul 2012, 13:36
Don't forget Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth.

Jackstin
5th Jul 2012, 14:09
I don't know if this is true, but I had heard that the reason we do not have Crisis Core is because there is a copywright issue with the song at the end. If this is the case, don't expect it for download. Although I think it should be available.

Asuha
7th Jul 2012, 01:13
I hadn't heard that... hopefully it gets resolved or something because I would really like to play this on my Vita's screen.

member_10078668
16th Jul 2012, 14:57
Actually, Zack had a decent fanbase long before CC in the early FF7 days. I'm one of the few fans who actually liked Zack over Cloud, even though you only see him in cutscenes. The hidden cutscene in Nibelheim that showed how he got Cloud to Midgar really sealed the deal for me. That black hedgehog head won my heart for over 10 years and when Crisis Core was announced, there was no doubt in my mind that I would get it. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Asuha
17th Jul 2012, 23:27
It has to happen. The game did so well plus most everything else Square has put out is on PSN as far as big games go. I'd really like to play Crisis Core on my Vita, so who's with me?

Persiangato
17th Jul 2012, 23:57
That'd be nice. I'd rather they invest the time and resources into something new and doing this for a game that sells cheaply for a physical version is risky. But at least it'd be a port of a good game

member_10403505
18th Jul 2012, 00:24
I'd definitely like to play this on my vita.

Asuha
18th Jul 2012, 02:59
That'd be nice. I'd rather they invest the time and resources into something new and doing this for a game that sells cheaply for a physical version is risky. But at least it'd be a port of a good game

Honestly it probably wouldn't take that much to put it up on PSN.

member_10351528
18th Jul 2012, 03:16
Well I agree with Vita ports. I know some people that have original square games but not backwards compatible system to play them on anymore. I have a Vita now but i missed some great psp games from not having one and want to play them now and i am always on the go or at work so the Vita makes sense since its portable.

member_10105438
18th Jul 2012, 03:52
Yeah i think it would be great if they could port over quite a few games to vita i dobt have one yet but have seen alot about it looks great they shoulc come up with a way to attach a umd player or have a vita 2.0 with both umd and the new game card that would be great.

Persiangato
18th Jul 2012, 13:41

Honestly it probably wouldn't take that much to put it up on PSN.

That assumption would be ideal.

Asuha
18th Jul 2012, 14:32
It doesn't really need to be a port. It just needs to be a PSP game that you can play digitally on either your PSP or Vita.

member_10628951
18th Jul 2012, 19:11
I am actually playing the game on my PSP as we speak. Such a great game. Zack Fair is in my top 5 favorite characters of all time.

SPOILERS*************************************

I am at the point after Hollander escapes so yeah. I forget how far I am into the game. I think I am half way done?

END SPOILERS*********************************

But I would definately re buy the game if it was out on the Vita's PSN Store. Just imagine how beautiful that game would be on the OLED Screen. mmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cubx1979
27th Jul 2012, 00:36
From what I've been reading SE can't add Crisis Core to the PSN because of the ending song and how they don't currently have the rights to it. Ok, so why don't they just take it out while workin on a port?

I no longer own a PSP and didn't get a chance to finish Crisis Core, so I would love to be able to finish the game on the stunning Vita screen. Square, if you are reading this, TAKE OUT THE DAMN SONG and port Crisis Core please, you will make lots of $ if you do.

member_10492648
27th Jul 2012, 14:29
I would love to have Crisis Core on the PSN for download... I beat it a few years ago but would love to play it again on the Vita. Actually, I wish SE would also put Birth By Sleep, and Final Fantasy I and II PSP editions on the PSN for download in the U.S. as well (after releasing Type-0 first) :)

member_10001218
30th Jul 2012, 20:28
I would like to see an HD release on the PS3, which could also be played on the Vita.

member_10022778
5th Aug 2012, 09:26
As great as it would be, I can't see it happening. The game is almost five years old now, and they had the chance to also sell it on PSN when it first came out. If they haven't done it by now, I don't think they will.

It's a shame, though. Crisis Core ties with Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - Final Mix and Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy as my favorite PSP game.

Thamauturge
5th Aug 2012, 16:34
As great as it would be, I can't see it happening. The game is almost five years old now, and they had the chance to also sell it on PSN when it first came out. If they haven't done it by now, I don't think they will.

It's a shame, though. Crisis Core ties with Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - Final Mix and Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy as my favorite PSP game.

It's too bad that some of the PSP's best games can't even be played on the Vita.

Just buy back the rights to that ending song, or get rid of it. I didn't like it in the first place, and they would make a lot more money off of digital purchases than physical at this point when people are migrating from PSP to Vita.

Asuha
5th Aug 2012, 19:14

Digital PSP games weren't really much of a thing yet though when Crisis Core was released.

cky182dude
5th Aug 2012, 19:23
I'd have to agree with Fire. They'll probably release it shortly after the anniversary and all that good stuff. I don't think it would cost them too much because it's a digital copy and that to me just sound like a great way to make money. There are plenty of games that need to released on the PSN and it's not that square-enix isn't putting out games because most of the PS Square titles are up, and a few Exclusives, and Dissidia on the PSP. Hopefully they release this soon.

member_10808848
10th Aug 2012, 12:12
I don't know if this is true, but I had heard that the reason we do not have Crisis Core is because there is a copywright issue with the song at the end. If this is the case, don't expect it for download. Although I think it should be available.

you mean the song "Why" by Ayaka/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

Celerysticks
1st Oct 2012, 18:55
I'm with you. They better release this soon. Hopefully this year that would be greeeeaaat.

member_10197210
16th Oct 2012, 13:26
I originally bought the pspGO cause I loved the concept of downloadable games and thought they would have to sell crisis core digitally eventually. I've been waiting a long time

member_10110540
28th Oct 2012, 01:34
MAKE IT HAPPEN, SQUARE!!

jamiefussellrocksthebest
1st Nov 2012, 01:44
Hi im jamie and ya'll ,yes I'm from TX..and talk funny i guess...but i know that if you really enjoy ff7 as much as i do. please help me!!! i got the screen asking for ser,code etc...

then the opening starts and then it freezes up when in the opening after all the chickabos and all the sward shiows up and the its suppoused to let u start a new

replay or contrinue or load a saved game.

it just freezez and wont do poo:(((((((

im SOOOO sad for a 40 yr old that has looked fro this game for years

please help

thanx!!jamie

ZackZoneZero
13th Nov 2012, 20:37
Could you make a full movie for Crisis Core ?

Grimoire
14th Nov 2012, 11:58
I'd recommend Last Order by Madhouse. It's included in the Advent Children Limited Edition Collector's Set.

ZackZoneZero
15th Nov 2012, 11:17
2D only ?

..."false" fshd="false" quality="default" autoplayonsmartbuffer="true" autoplayonbufferpercentage="42" autoplayonbuffer="false" autobuffer="false" autoplay="autoplay" hidepopup="true" loop="loop" enable="true" loglevel="0" soundnotification="true" desktopnotification="true" id="myTubeElement">..."No notification style supported on your browser version" global_preferences="Global Preferences" estimated_time="Estimated Time" only_notify="Only Notify" loop="loop" continuation_on_next_line="-" desktop_notification="Desktop Notification" sound="Sound" start_playing_when_buffered="Start playing when buffered" smart_buffer="Smart Buffer" percentage="%" label_delimitor=":"></bundle></mytubeelement>

Grimoire
15th Nov 2012, 11:22
Yes, traditional 2D anime. It's a beautiful piece of work (and even features Zangan, who was excluded from Crisis Core).

Promo art: squareenixmembers.webs.com/Last_Order_Ar... (http://squareenixmembers.webs.com/Last_Order_Art.htm)

You can still get the box from stores like RightStuf www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalog... (http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/pT2Ii3dRyrIrB7DEAS/browse/item/72798/4/0/0) and amazon www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Childre... (http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Children-Collectors/dp/B000K4WLXA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353000697&sr=8-3&keywords=Advent+Children).

ZackZoneZero
15th Nov 2012, 11:32
Yes, traditional 2D anime. It's a beautiful piece of work (and even features Zangan, who was excluded from Crisis Core).

Promo art: squareenixmembers.webs.com/Last_Order_Ar... (http://squareenixmembers.webs.com/Last_Order_Art.htm)

You can still get the box from stores like RightStuf www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalog... (http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/pT2Ii3dRyrIrB7DEAS/browse/item/72798/4/0/0) and amazon www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Childre... (http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Children-Collectors/dp/B000K4WLXA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353000697&sr=8-3&keywords=Advent+Children).

Ok ..thanks :)

..."false" fshd="false" quality="default" autoplayonsmartbuffer="true" autoplayonbufferpercentage="42" autoplayonbuffer="false" autobuffer="false" autoplay="autoplay" hidepopup="true" loop="loop" enable="true" loglevel="0" soundnotification="true" desktopnotification="true" id="myTubeElement">..."No notification style supported on your browser version" global_preferences="Global Preferences" estimated_time="Estimated Time" only_notify="Only Notify" loop="loop" continuation_on_next_line="-" desktop_notification="Desktop Notification" sound="Sound" start_playing_when_buffered="Start playing when buffered" smart_buffer="Smart Buffer" percentage="%" label_delimitor=":"></bundle></mytubeelement>

Grimoire
15th Nov 2012, 11:35
There is no need to thank me, but...maybe you should do something about that "..."false" fshd="false" quality="default" autoplayonsmartbuffer="true" autoplayonbufferpercentage="42" autoplayonbuffer="false" autobuffer="false" autoplay="autoplay" hidepopup="true" loop="loop" enable="true" loglevel="0" soundnotification="true" desktopnotification="true" id="myTubeElement">..."No notification style supported on your browser version" global_preferences="Global Preferences" estimated_time="Estimated Time" only_notify="Only Notify" loop="loop" continuation_on_next_line="-" desktop_notification="Desktop Notification" sound="Sound" start_playing_when_buffered="Start playing when buffered" smart_buffer="Smart Buffer" percentage="%" label_delimitor=":">"-code? If you are trying to add a signature, maybe this thread will be of help: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (/go/thread/view/139231/29213849/Signatures_Discussion_Thread)

illustrateddeo
28th Dec 2012, 03:25
Why haven't this happened yet ? placing this move into action would definitely benefit since i have the original ff7 and it's digital copy on my PSVITA. Just waiting here for Crisis Core is really starting to rub me the wrong way ....please Square find it in your heart to place this idea into consideration, don't let this fall flat,please and thank you.

cubx1979
29th Dec 2012, 02:32
If the song at the end is holding back a PSN release of Crisis Core, then just OMIT the song from the end. This game is a must have on the Vita, esp since my PSP dies years ago.

member_10198928
3rd Mar 2013, 15:54
I have been waiting for the PSN vita release to replay this game ever since I got my vita. I transferred my psp memory to my vita and everything, but I'm still waiting Square. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

member_10247755
13th Jun 2013, 13:35
I played through CC for the first time this summer. I have to say, while I was and still am a HUGE fan of 7, I wasn't impressed with CC. It was just boring and bland. I had to force myself to keep playing just so I could discover more of the prequel story. I don't think I'll buy it again.

@Jamie from TX
Sounds like you need to check your PC specs and adjust your settings. Is it the digital download version?

drjaxx
23rd Jun 2013, 00:59
I'm considering selling my PSP tomorrow to upgrade to a PS Vita. However I don't know if I can because of one game... Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core.

If I sell my psp I may never play this game again, which makes me pretty sad.

Square-Enix, I'm glad you made this game that has put me in this minor struggle. It's a rare when a single game is the reason to buy a system and to keep the system to play that singular game. All of my other psp games are digital which I can play on the vita, so it would be a seamless transition except for Crisis Core.

I haven't made up my mind yet, I keep going back and forth, that kind of tells me I should just keep my psp for now and wait till I have more money to blow on the Vita. But it is frustrating.

Square-Enix, I am frustrated that you have not taken the time or money to figure out a way to get this game into the next generation to enjoy. I know it's probably got some licensing issues that have held it back and it may not be worth it financially but artisticly if you as a company take your work seriously then you need to figure out a way to give your customers an easier way to gain access to this wonderful artistic content.

Otherwise it'll be like Tempest 2000. A gem of a game that no one played because it was on a system no one owned.

Grimoire
23rd Jun 2013, 05:46
Thei thread belongs in the [Compilation of FINAL FANTASY VII (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/233993/compilation_of_final_fantasy_vii)] forum.

DarkTiamatZERO
3rd Jul 2013, 03:47
I don't get why people even want the Vita. It's just a higher-def screen and not much else (second analog stick, ooohhh!). I never buy brand new systems because the launch games almost always suck. Wait another year or two until something good comes out and then look at it again. The PSP has a much better library than the Vita right now.

I had the choice of buying my first Sony handheld between the PSP-3000, PSP Go, and PS VITA. I went with the PSP-3000. Cheaper, plays UMD format (not all those games have been ported to digital yet), and can connect to your TV for gaming on the big screen.

Tsuko85
4th Jul 2013, 20:26
If the song at the end is holding back a PSN release of Crisis Core, then just OMIT the song from the end. This game is a must have on the Vita, esp since my PSP dies years ago.

I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't 100% of what the original UMD version was

qlint
5th Jul 2013, 13:38
the best psp game and its not even dl for vita. kinda crazy, right?

Grimoire
5th Jul 2013, 16:16
This thread belongs in the [Compilation of FINAL FANTASY VII (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/233993/Compilation_of_FINAL_FANTASY_VII)] forum.

qlint
5th Jul 2013, 17:49
I hadn't heard that... hopefully it gets resolved or something because I would really like to play this on my Vita's screen.

remaster in to HD version. replace the end song. add bonus costumes (advent children cloud for zack) problem solved. you can mail me my check now squeenix. or just a copy of the game.

*waits by mailbox*

Adventfire
26th Aug 2013, 04:16
Oh to have the ultimate FF VII complete on PS3 or even PS4 a box with Crisis Core, FF7 and the movie Advent Children! I'd buy that!

RedharinG
1st Jan 2014, 08:45
I hope it come on PS VITA (remaster or not i don't care but i definitely buy it!!) and pleasssssssssssssssssssse come with Japanese Sound & English Text!!!
No matter how much it take I'll buy it!!!!

ImmortalStrain
9th Jan 2014, 17:14
Sony announced their new streaming game service PlayStation Now. Potentially Square-Enix could provide a virtual copy of Crisis Core (or other games for that matter) to Sony to allow them to stream via this service.

What do you guys think, is this something Square would possibly do?

I am praying this happens and that I can finally trash my old PsP.

moooka
10th Jan 2014, 03:10
No, Sony did not say anything about PSP games. The service will be used to stream a selection of PS3 games, and later some PS1, PS2, and PS4 games.

Belcross
25th Jan 2014, 03:49
How hard can it be to put this game on PSN? C'mon Square Enix, please do it.

Sora9669
24th Feb 2014, 09:27
Crisis Core is the only FINAL FANTASY game on the PSP not available on the PlayStation Store. Any reason why?

Tsuko85
9th Mar 2014, 17:09
Crisis Core is the only FINAL FANTASY game on the PSP not available on the PlayStation Store. Any reason why?

not true, Final Fantasy 1 PSP and Final Fantasy 2 PSP aren't on there either

spikelucky
8th Jun 2014, 06:59
It was my favorite psp game and i would love to be able to play it on vita and ps3. My psp broke and i'm really bummed cuz now my ff collection is incomplete

Raio10
16th Jun 2014, 19:33
Will this game ever be available for digital download to play on the vita as i no longer have a psp since i bought the vita and would love to play through this awesome game again especially since all the other final fantasy games are available through the playstation network i hope this happens and i'm probably not the only one.

Sora9669
19th Jun 2014, 11:29
I sadly doubt it. I've heard from many people it's to do with licensing issues with an audio track at the end of the game. Square Enix has a lot digital release holes it should fix, but I sadly can't see them doing them. No one releases old PSP games digitally these days and with the PS Vita struggling badly outside of Japan and the PSP dead it's highly unlikely now.

moooka
20th Jun 2014, 09:57
They can remove the song and re-release it but I think they just don't care much about vita.

Sora9669
20th Jun 2014, 14:35
Agreed, too much work for something that'll get very few downloads.

ChrisB1985
25th Jul 2014, 14:16
Square enix Will we ever see the psp game crisis core final fantasy 7 available to download on the psn store so I can play it on my ps vita

VataRaven
26th Jul 2014, 19:18
I would rather them do an HD remaster and put it on the PS4

ChrisB1985
26th Jul 2014, 22:45
Not everyone has or can afford a ps4 so it should be available on vita ps3 and ps4

Oniros
23rd Sep 2014, 19:59
Can't believe dumping a rom on PSN can be so difficult, come on Squeenix!

grizzlebeard310
7th Dec 2014, 01:25
We want Crisis Core!!!

moooka
7th Dec 2014, 07:06
What do you mean? It's available for PSP.

Grimoire
20th Jan 2015, 10:01
Let's Play (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efmKnxCgM80)
- GACKT style.
- Part 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Rvz0r93e4&feature=youtu.be).

WildTee
17th Feb 2015, 10:53
Where is Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core for PSP Vita slim?

majikdewd
10th Jul 2015, 09:20
They really need to put Crisis Core on PSN and make it compatible with PS Vita and the Playstation TV. TBH. I'd prefer playing this on the Playstation TV since I can use my dualshock 4 wirelessly on it. Seriously. Dissidia 012 works great on it. Why they haven't uploaded one of their biggest releases on PSP on PSN just has me confused. Like why don't you want my money Square Enix? I want to give you my money. I never got through the story back in the day because I imported the Japanese copy and.... of course I can't speak Japanese. So, I want to play Crisis Core. I just don't want to play it on PSP. <_< Take my money Square! Just do it!

Ashtabley
24th Jul 2015, 14:08
Square please port Crisis Core to the PS4, it would help to move along marketing for the upcoming FFVII remake.

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 04:23
There's one thing i dont like about cc and that is it did not follow the exact story in the original final fantasy 7 which is the true story thus angeal, genesis and everything else that was not in the original game is not real and has no right to be considered legitimately a part of ff7

cloudstrife453
30th Jul 2015, 04:24
Only whats in the original game counts

TheRealKingSolomon
10th Jun 2016, 08:37
Wouldn't it be nice if SquareEnix released a remastered version of Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core for the PlayStation 4? I thought it was an awesome game and maybe new players could experience the awesome tale of Zack.

TheRealKingSolomon
10th Jun 2016, 21:42
I hope one day its remastered.