PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis 3-swim

troublewolf
7th Jul 2002, 01:09
Has anyone played the level, Atlantis 3? I'm in the room of water where you have to swim amaze and flip some switches. I keep getting turned around even with the walkthrough! There's supose to be an air pocket, but haven't found that yet. Can anyone give me some pointers?

rimfire
7th Jul 2002, 03:01
There are several swimming mazes among the games, and I don't know for sure which one this is.

In general, my strategy is to watch Lara's air supply closely. Swim around looking for other air pockets, being careful to remember the way you came. If you haven't found anything by the time her air drops to half, go back where you came from for more air.

If you have trouble remembering the maze, make a map as you go. It will slow you down, but if you remember the "swim back for more air" rule, you can go farther each time.

Sometimes, though, you just have to save the game and swim like crazy because the air pocket, when you reach it, will be at the end of Lara's endurance.

If you have a lot of medipacks, you can give Lara more time underwater by hitting a "use medipack" key as she's about to drown. I sometimes use this trick to explore. Once I find the air pocket I reload the game (and get the medipacks back) and try to swim directly to it.

troublewolf
8th Jul 2002, 03:37
where Lara is at, I don't think you can get to the air again until you hit the two switches. I can get both, then as I go for the last one, run out of air! am making map, but hoped someone had played the level and could give hints.....:confused: