PDA

View Full Version : Details...Let's talk details!

Gumdrop
7th Jul 2002, 01:07
Yeah so we all want to see this and that added in T3. My fellow house mates want a comprehensive cheat menu so they don't have to actually apply skill when playing the game, my Auntie and her pet parrot - Pepelou, want to see more undead, Pepelou's imaginary friend wants a more user friendly ladder disembarking system, Pepelou's imaginary friend's imaginary friend wants to walk round a fully rendered version of St Benet's Abbey from his home town of Horning in Norfolk! But what about the little details that can enhance the game in some minor way or another?

I propose the following...

A piece of chalk to mark walls with...A variation of Halflife's spraycan (well Felix had one didn't he?!).

Fully animated idle hand movements when a weapon is drawn.

Compact and minimal statistics icons (a health bar shouldn't invade three quarters of the screen).

A choice of cross hair graphics.

Rooftop footfalls that actually sound like you are walking on slate.

A sound propagation system that will take advantage of the very latest technology.

A choice to be left handed.

More Taverns!

Grass - Planetside style!

Easter Eggs by the factory load.

No flat 2D sprite objects.

Lip sync.

History (never forget your roots).

Beards!

City streets that actually have a population.

Animated waves on any large body of water.

Merging textures.

A very slight increase in Garrett's running speed.

More beards!

Aquatic enemies.

Birds (something that came up before).

A cliff hanger at the end (gotta think ahead to T4)

Well you get the idea. Remember the first time you realised you could kill a guard with one broadarrow if he wasn't on to you? Yep...It's the little things that make a big difference. :)

Mr. Perfect
7th Jul 2002, 02:49
More rats(and smart ones too)!

ChowYunFat
7th Jul 2002, 03:28
I want cheese that doesn't crunch. Also, deer legs that don't crunch.

Thorin Oakenshield
7th Jul 2002, 10:01
I would love to see large wooded area's, hills etc.

ChristineS
7th Jul 2002, 11:48
I want new boots for Garrett....:D No Masterthief would wear so loud boots like he.;)

stikboy
7th Jul 2002, 23:11
Playing Thievery, I noticed blood footsteps when I walked through a puddle of the stuff. That would be cool to keep, and waste even more water arrows to clean it up :D

Munin the Raven
9th Jul 2002, 00:55
In Thief Gold/TDP multi-jumping makes it too easy to run out of trouble. In Thief II Garrett can't run from trouble without several speed-potions on hand.

Garrett, a sneaky fleet-footed Thief, should have an appreciable speed advantage over his more heavily armed and armored opponents. However, tripple-jumping and speed potions are a bit too unrealistic. I think the best solution is to use a "stamina-meter" like the one in <i>Return to Castle Wolfenstein</i>. The meter in that game drains when the player sprints or jumps, and when it's fully drained they can no longer sprint (but can still jump). Such a meter would fit many players' realism quotas.

Also, I'd like to see left-handed AI. This would add to realism and difficulty (from far away, it's difficult to tell which way a darkened or back-lit guard is facing unless one knows they're all right-handed, in which case it's too easy).

Zaccheus
9th Jul 2002, 12:36
Ok, I've just had a huge hammer smashed into my skull, I'm almost dead, but I can still run, jump and mantle.

Make Garrett more slow and clumbsy as his health weakens.

BrokenArts
12th Jul 2002, 04:14
My wish list:

How about actually *SEEING* his hands in use, unlocking doors perhaps.

Seeing his breath, on those cold nights.

more domestic items in bedrooms, offices, more clutter!

Garrett, needs the ability to be able to jump and climb on chandeliers, :D :p I could teach him.........but......;) :rolleyes:

Whatz His Name
12th Jul 2002, 12:51
Originally posted by BrokenArts
... more domestic items in bedrooms...

Okay, my mind just went into the gutter. :D

BrokenArts
12th Jul 2002, 17:11
Ok.....more domestic items.......like.....aaahhhhhhh....uuuummmmm.....lessie...a Black Jack? ;) :p

Komag
13th Jul 2002, 00:01
Yes, just TONS of objects that react very realistically would be very nice. If we can use ordinary objects to do interesting new unplanned things that will just expand gameplay like nothing else :D

TRoosevelt_26
13th Jul 2002, 01:27
Originally posted by Komag
Yes, just TONS of objects that react very realistically would be very nice. If we can use ordinary objects to do interesting new unplanned things that will just expand gameplay like nothing else :D

We just might be getting your wish fulfilled...

http://www.havok.com/product/physics.html

theBlackman
13th Jul 2002, 07:30
How about something simple. Like a bed that does NOT ring like an anvil when I drop something on it. :D

RiCh
14th Jul 2002, 13:50
My current wish list for T3?..........................................a preview :D

BrokenArts
14th Jul 2002, 14:20
Originally posted by theBlackman
How about something simple. Like a bed that does NOT ring like an anvil when I drop something on it. :D

Or when you jump on the bed, and it sounds like wood. :rolleyes: :D