PDA

View Full Version : Bottomless level....

Collin
7th Jul 2002, 00:55
How can you make a bottomless room? Something like 'Obsidian heights'. Can it be done with two staked rooms, toggle opacity 2 between them and the door 'textured' with finish triggers (referring to a non-existing level)? Or would this make the game crash?

Haven't tried it, but I just thought of it while I was writing this (although I doubt if it will work).

inchdix
7th Jul 2002, 01:52
Wixer....(collin)....... there are way to many stacked rooms in OH...... at least 10 in a stack in some places..... all you need to know to get it to work is PAD for FINISH 24 in the lowest room.

Finish 24 (24 in the timer field) will load the title and PAD so that the trigger is only activated when lara hits rock-bottom...... just make sure your pit is deep enough for lara to scream...... about 20- clicks should be enough.......

BTW.... triggers seem to need to be placed in the lowest room by default....... they dont seem to want to work if you place them on a "door".......

INCH

Collin
7th Jul 2002, 17:04
Thanks Jon, it worked! :D Very cool! :cool:

P.S. For anyone who wants to try: put 24 in the box next to 'finish' and not in the 'timer' box! ;)

inchdix
7th Jul 2002, 20:35
oops... sorry bout that collin... you are correct........ use the Timer field when using the Lara start position object ...........

aktrekker
8th Jul 2002, 13:01
Using zero will also go to the title, and is more reliable.