PDA

View Full Version : GUN SHOTS AREN'T WORKING PROPERLY SINCE LAST PATCH

TwistedChrome
4th Jun 2016, 19:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD2xhJmhNos

jimbianco
4th Jun 2016, 21:03
I noticed this too. Blood decals gone. So we go from very little blood to ZERO blood, no wound damage. This ruins immersion(there's that word again) worse than the lack of foreign languages/accents

DavidCragg
6th Jun 2016, 16:18
Yes this is ANOTHER thread about this issue. The more it gets said the quicker it will be fixed.

Now lets discuss why they did it.

My theory: The game might be playable at a booth in E3 and they dont want to make it look as bloody as it used to be.

We want this back!
https://youtu.be/Wh2SZ0bL6-E

jimbianco
6th Jun 2016, 18:08
The more it gets said the quicker it will be fixed

did you actually say that? wow. I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

There wasn't any reason. They didn't do it on purpose. It's a bug/glitch , whatever you want to call it. It wasn't even bloody to begin with. The geeks at E3 have seen & played much worse, gorewise

DavidCragg
6th Jun 2016, 19:29
The more it gets said the quicker it will be fixed

did you actually say that? wow. I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

There wasn't any reason. They didn't do it on purpose. It's a bug/glitch , whatever you want to call it. It wasn't even bloody to begin with. The geeks at E3 have seen & played much worse, gorewise

YAH! Lets ignore the issue and never talk about it. Im sure that will get the attention of the developers!

doom-generation
6th Jun 2016, 20:37
Yes this is ANOTHER thread about this issue. The more it gets said the quicker it will be fixed.

That is not at all how it works. No need for multiple threads, especially if you apparently already know that others exists on this topic.

Now lets discuss why they did it.

My theory: The game might be playable at a booth in E3 and they dont want to make it look as bloody as it used to be.

Sorry but, that might be the worst reasoning I've heard behind anything, ever.

DavidCragg
6th Jun 2016, 21:21
That is not at all how it works. No need for multiple threads, especially if you apparently already know that others exists on this topic.

Sorry but, that might be the worst reasoning I've heard behind anything, ever.

If anything we need more thread about this until it gets fixed.

Care explain why its the worst reasoning? Is it too far fetched to believe they dont want to show a bullet wound to the head on a stage demo? You think nobody would notice this during QA?

doom-generation
6th Jun 2016, 21:41
If anything we need more thread about this until it gets fixed.

Care explain why its the worst reasoning? Is it too far fetched to believe they dont want to show a bullet wound to the head on a stage demo? You think nobody would notice this during QA?

No, add to existing threads, instead of creating new ones for topics you already know exist. Not trying to memberate.

Saying they removed the blood for E3 shows a complete lack of understanding of what E3 is. It is not "family-friendly fun-day, no blood allowed". It is an industry event where people are working their backsides off. Nobody is going to raise an eyebrow at blood in a game.

DavidCragg
6th Jun 2016, 21:44
No, add to existing threads, instead of creating new ones for topics you already know exist. Not trying to memberate.

Saying they removed the blood for E3 shows a complete lack of understanding of what E3 is. It is not "family-friendly fun-day, no blood allowed". It is an industry event where people are working their backsides off. Nobody is going to raise an eyebrow at blood in a game.
You have no understanding about the audience of E3. You dont think kids watch it? And ill say it again, this type of thing doesn't just pass QA its the first thing I noticed when shooting a target.

DavidCragg
6th Jun 2016, 21:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD2xhJmhNos

The devs are avoiding comments on it.

doom-generation
6th Jun 2016, 21:54
You have no understanding about the audience of E3. You dont think kids watch it? And ill say it again, this type of thing doesn't just pass QA its the first thing I noticed when shooting a target.

Yes, I really do. Kids might watch the press conferences, sure, but they're not walking around the floor, trying all the game demos, of which anything Hitman would be a part. Even then, any kid old enough to sit through a press conference is old enough to handle some relatively minimalist blood effects.

And what's your point about QA? That because it's an easy bug to spot it must instead be a deliberate removal of blood effects? That doesn't follow at all.

doom-generation
6th Jun 2016, 21:57
The devs are avoiding comments on it.

I'm sure they are aware of the issue after six days. They may not have commented on it, but I'm sure they are aware.

DavidCragg
6th Jun 2016, 22:16
Yes, I really do. Kids might watch the press conferences, sure, but they're not walking around the floor, trying all the game demos, of which anything Hitman would be a part. Even then, any kid old enough to sit through a press conference is old enough to handle some relatively minimalist blood effects.

And what's your point about QA? That because it's an easy bug to spot it must instead be a deliberate removal of blood effects? That doesn't follow at all.
Do you know the purpose of QA? its to fix bugs. You think nobody noticed it or informed the devs?

DavidCragg
6th Jun 2016, 22:20
I'm sure they are aware of the issue after six days. They may not have commented on it, but I'm sure they are aware.

It would be fixed by now if they were aware.

JimC22
6th Jun 2016, 22:25
Don't worry- a patch will be on the way soon. They're pretty regular in the old 'Living, Breathing World of AssPatchination'. :)

doom-generation
6th Jun 2016, 22:40
It would be fixed by now if they were aware.

Not at all. They were aware of the subdue-bug for weeks before it got fixed.

doom-generation
6th Jun 2016, 22:43
Do you know the purpose of QA? its to fix bugs. You think nobody noticed it or informed the devs?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do :rolleyes: But there's also a thing called a release schedule, and bugs can be fixed after the episode's release, as I'm sure this one will, in time.

DavidCragg
7th Jun 2016, 14:52
Yes, as a matter of fact, I do :rolleyes: But there's also a thing called a release schedule, and bugs can be fixed after the episode's release, as I'm sure this one will, in time.

It will be fixed in time. Conveniently after E3!

RW_Slick
7th Jun 2016, 15:24
So what if children watch it? HITMAN is rated M. I understand that children will still play it, but if their parents are not policing their activity or allowing them to play such games then they have to deal with what their children are seeing.

Especially since the rating itself basically means "Not suitibale for those under 17."

DavidCragg
7th Jun 2016, 16:50
Not at all. They were aware of the subdue-bug for weeks before it got fixed.

Well thats a problem. You cant defend them for **** like that.

jimbianco
7th Jun 2016, 20:01
so they take it out of everyone's game? no

jimbianco
7th Jun 2016, 20:04
YAH! Lets ignore the issue and never talk about it. Im sure that will get the attention of the developers!
well why don't create another thread then if you feel we are ignoring it. We don't have enough of them yet. After 2 threads of the same topic, I guarantee you IOI start ignoring them, so why bother.

DavidCragg
7th Jun 2016, 20:37
well why don't create another thread then if you feel we are ignoring it. We don't have enough of them yet. After 2 threads of the same topic, I guarantee you IOI start ignoring them, so why bother.

They arent ignoring it, they know very well what they were doing when they removed it.

DavidCragg
8th Jun 2016, 14:49
Still no fix.

jimbianco
8th Jun 2016, 16:21
you seriously need to chill. It's one thing to complain, now you're just being a pest.

DavidCragg
8th Jun 2016, 16:46
you seriously need to chill. It's one thing to complain, now you're just being a pest.
Just because you dont care about the topic doesnt mean others dont.

Scott7787
8th Jun 2016, 20:02
glad you brought this up. folks on reddit claim e3 2016 is to blame. makes sense.

Scott7787
8th Jun 2016, 20:06
people on reddit are speculating it is because of e3 2016 next week. what do you guys think?

ProfessorHojo
8th Jun 2016, 20:12
Thanks for making us aware of this, we'll get in touch with the team to see what happened and why. Please bear with us.

Driber
8th Jun 2016, 20:27
You have no understanding about the audience of E3. You dont think kids watch it?

You don't think kids watch Game Of Thrones?

So what if children watch it? HITMAN is rated M. I understand that children will still play it, but if their parents are not policing their activity or allowing them to play such games then they have to deal with what their children are seeing.

Especially since the rating itself basically means "Not suitibale for those under 17."

Exactly. It's parents' responsibility to make sure their children do not play games that are unsuitable for them, not the devs and not the E3 organizers.

They arent ignoring it, they know very well what they were doing when they removed it.

Well then making multiple threads isn't going to do anything, is it?

Scott7787
8th Jun 2016, 20:31
You don't think kids watch Game Of Thrones?

Exactly. It's parents' responsibility to make sure their children do not play games that are unsuitable for them, not the devs and not the E3 organizers.

Well then making multiple threads isn't going to do anything, is it?

sweeping it under the rug isn't going to do anything either.

Driber
8th Jun 2016, 20:37
sweeping it under the rug isn't going to do anything either.

You're literally posting in a public thread on the topic on the official game's forum, for everyone to see. It couldn't be more out in the open.

Scott7787
8th Jun 2016, 22:12
You're literally posting in a public thread on the topic on the official game's forum, for everyone to see. It couldn't be more out in the open.

would you rather have one person at a protest or a crowd?

Driber
8th Jun 2016, 22:21
would you rather have one person at a protest or a crowd?

Interesting analogy. Would you rather have the protest consist of small and fractured groups of people, or one big group of people all in one place?

doom-generation
9th Jun 2016, 03:17
I can't even deal with this thread, Jesus Christ.... Pillow fight, Driber?

jimbianco
9th Jun 2016, 06:17
Just because you dont care about the topic doesnt mean others dont.

I DO care. Starting a new thread every other day only clogs up the forum. Stop already. They know the problem.

Driber
9th Jun 2016, 07:26
Alright guys enough with the duplicate thread bickering. As per our forum policy, we're merging duplicate threads to keep the place tidy. This instance warrants no exception. The devs are aware. And that's final; back on topic now.

I can't even deal with this thread, Jesus Christ.... Pillow fight, Driber?

Always! My place this Friday night? I'll bring the lavender scented candles and health snacks, you bring the mimosas and mud masks.

itsroro
10th Jun 2016, 18:26
I want this to be the blood decal thread to end all others like it. Please devs, in case you didnt understand for that past several months and posts, these are the issues:

1. The blood decals display incorrectly on skin and light clothing. No debate. The decals are black muddy splashes. On pc they are dark red, nuanced, and textured.
2. This was occurring since day one. Not since Marrakesh, not because of balancing. No debate.
3. Extreme and embarrasing performance issues on PS4 aside, this is the sugar on top on terms of ruining the experience of playing the game.
4. The truth shall set you free. Why the dishonesty? Are properly functioning blood decals so against the current business model? If you fix these issues, your organization has hope in terms of prospective sales, at least from me and those who are of a similar mindset on this issue.

Please. I love Hitman. Dearly. Please. Fix this. Cant be hard. Please.

jimbianco
10th Jun 2016, 18:28
oh great, here we go again. ...........:zzZ:

Driber
10th Jun 2016, 19:37
I want this to be the blood decal thread to end all others like it.

And this (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=189504) is it.

Merging...

TwistedChrome
11th Jun 2016, 08:42
:cool: ------ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQJpoUuVJGo

jimbianco
11th Jun 2016, 15:59
seriously?! They've addressed it, The link is to a stupid hip hop video. Equally, we hear your feedback about the lack of bullet wounds in some circumstances. That’s an issue that arose as a result of our weapon balancing from the Marrakesh update and will also get fixed.

DavidCragg
11th Jun 2016, 16:10
seriously?! They've addressed it, The link is to a stupid hip hop video. Equally, we hear your feedback about the lack of bullet wounds in some circumstances. That’s an issue that arose as a result of our weapon balancing from the Marrakesh update and will also get fixed.

So does that mean its going to be fixed after E3 or during E3?

TwistedChrome
11th Jun 2016, 17:55
It was a joke, hence the name of the song.

MalaysiaBear
9th Jul 2016, 08:08
Its been nearly a month and yet no fix :c

jimbianco
9th Jul 2016, 08:13
Its been nearly a month and yet no fix :c

they don't release "fixes" as we find them. They come with content release. So on the 19th hopefully....unless you are one of the unlucky ones not getting the bonus episode.

MalaysiaBear
9th Jul 2016, 08:27
they don't release "fixes" as we find them. They come with content release. So on the 19th hopefully....unless you are one of the unlucky ones not getting the bonus episode.

I bought the full experience which shouldn't matter to fixes as it should be given to all costumers

jimbianco
9th Jul 2016, 08:33
I bought the full experience which shouldn't matter to fixes as it should be given to all costumers.

not with IOI. You never know what nonsense they will be pulling from one day to the next. There are a bunch of fixes that better be showing up on the 19th. I pretty much stopped playing the game because of some of the bugs...

MalaysiaBear
9th Jul 2016, 08:38
RIP IO