PDA

View Full Version : Agency Dropspots - multiple purpose

JefTheReaper
4th Jun 2016, 19:04
Basically what I noticed is that 47 is not really making optimal use of his options
there I'm running around in a level with a sniper rifle, trying to hide it for later use, but I don't feel like just dropping it on the floor as guards might find it and take it away, no garbage can's near me,
yet there is still a agency dropbox, a beautiful black, password sealed case designed to protect the content from not being taken by anyone but those who know the code to open it...
Nope! apparently 47 can't use it to hide his sniper, he can only use it to pick up items.

So in all seriousness, can drop locations also be remodeled as hiding/stash locations? Would be pretty handy and logical.

Along with that it would also be cool if just like in Blood Money you will get a penalty if you don't take a weapon back with you that you started the mission with (all items you started the mission with should ether be in your inventory or drop location, excluding throwable items like coins or expendable items like poisons)
I mean why would 47 leave behind a custom made, very expensive weapon?

On the side note, please stop with the current way weapons are presented, giving a none upgraded weapon, then unlocking a upgraded version of the exact same weapon, what a waste!
why not just give us the basic weapon and let us unlock the upgrades separately so we can build our own weapon? instead of re-releasing the same weapon with 1-2 differences?

RW_Slick
4th Jun 2016, 19:13
I agree that drop boxes would be fantastic, but there are ways around it other than just garbage cans. There is always a spot that you have either knocked out all people in the area or you KNOW that no one is coming to. Earlier in Marrakesh, the alley where the guard patrols has a closed off room. I dropped a weapon in there and it was still there 20 minutes later.

We gotta improvise.

doom-generation
5th Jun 2016, 00:34
I actually do like the idea of being able to put items back into the smuggled cases.

HohesHaus
5th Jun 2016, 09:22
I would go so far, that you will get a score penalty if you drop Agency stuff somewhere in the level. The Agency boxes could be used to retreive them to the agency without score penalty. Like in Blood money

JefTheReaper
5th Jun 2016, 10:00
I would go so far, that you will get a score penalty if you drop Agency stuff somewhere in the level. The Agency boxes could be used to retreive them to the agency without score penalty. Like in Blood money

To be fair I wish they would just take everything blood money had, and add it to this game,
they took some nice hints form blood money, but unfortunately not everything (even leaving out the best parts like lightswitches, weapon customization and so on)

they did bring back the best parts of Absolution (but also forgot stuff like human shield, I will be fair, I don't really miss human shield, but the option should still be there as its a handy tool nonetheless)

a flaw a lot of games seem to make is only bringing back "some" of the content of past games, while it would be way better if they bring back ALL the content/the way the game worked in the past, and then expand upon that even further.