PDA

View Full Version : Too Many NPCs

ZachWhosoever
4th Jun 2016, 14:04
The third Hitman map is great looking, but my fps is miserable, no matter how low I put my graphical settings, due to the shear number of NPCs roaming around. I run a GTX Titan X with 16GB of memory, so it's not a graphical shortcoming. There should at least be an option to thin out the crowds, or to reduce the number of "dummies" (the NPCs that have no interactivity and go down after one shot, don't respond to melee, etc.).

RW_Slick
4th Jun 2016, 17:10
Something is not right with your PC. If PS4 and X1 can run it without slowdown, a PC should have Marrakesh looking like the freaking Matrix.

DIEFROMTHECRABZ
4th Jun 2016, 21:21
i feel like they got caught up trying to add so many different areas and make huge maps so they dedicated alot of unnecessary attention to useless areas in the maps.....so instead of you having one really well structured area....you have 3 different areas of a level that dont feel complete on their own....and they add fluff crowds just to make everything feel alive. if they condensed the size of the maps and just included the focal points of the map, there wouldnt be a need for fluff crowds and 300 regular npc's in a level.

Sapienza would have been Perfect without the whole city of flats and the church/beach area. that whole half of the city was useless and just clogged up the framerate. the mansion, the lab and the area infront of the mansion with the shops is all that map needed. it wouldve been the perfect private city with npc's that actually served a purpose AND NOT A WHOLE BEACH AND TOWN AREA WHERE PEOPLE JUST STAND AROUND.

in Marrakesh, why would you need a center for the army in a broken down school??? the army is present in every area of the map, why do they need to be in the school??? why does the school need to be there??? idk just seems like a waste of space and an odd decision overall. also, the boycott is completely unnecessary lol no reason for that fluff. one target is hiding out in the embassy.....the other target is held up in an apartment somewhere surrounded by alot of security.....there is no need for school. there is no need for fluff riots.

ultimately, quality over quantity would do them well with these levels.

RW_Slick
5th Jun 2016, 00:46
It's not a "fluff crowd" when that is what it's really like in Morocco. A bazaar is not going to be empty in the middle of the day.

doom-generation
5th Jun 2016, 00:50
It's not a "fluff crowd" when that is what it's really like in Morocco. A bazaar is not going to be empty in the middle of the day.

Agreed, I wonder if we might see something very similar in the Thailand level. Those street markets can get insane!

RW_Slick
5th Jun 2016, 01:13
Not just Thailand. USA and Japan as well. If I am correct, I think the US level is supposed to be in NY and the only area of NY that is going to really make sense is Manhattan. I live in NYC and I can tell you that Manhattan is packed 24/7 in the tourist areas. At 2 AM it can be tough to get around on foor and by vehicle. Japan will probably be in Tokyo or a similar area. Imagine if it is in Akihabara? That could actually work as there are a lot of alleyways there.

doom-generation
5th Jun 2016, 01:16
Not just Thailand. USA and Japan as well. If I am correct, I think the US level is supposed to be in NY and the only area of NY that is going to really make sense is Manhattan. I live in NYC and I can tell you that Manhattan is packed 24/7 in the tourist areas. At 2 AM it can be tough to get around on foor and by vehicle. Japan will probably be in Tokyo or a similar area. Imagine if it is in Akihabara? That could actually work as there are a lot of alleyways there.

I'd kind of like a level set at night, and I think either Thailand or Japan would be best for that. I also think the NYC rumours are going to prove to be just rumours.

RW_Slick
5th Jun 2016, 01:22
The locations often follow the story and the last cutscene was in New York. Fanin and "Light Bulb Head" are possible targets. Just take "LBH's" last words:

"Dig a trench, Director. And make it a deep one. Because none of you are safe anymore."

DIEFROMTHECRABZ
5th Jun 2016, 01:47

im fine with the Bazaar, i just dont think there needs to be a riot infront of the embassy. its a very poor riot imo.....its actually pathetic lol they just stand in one place, some of them dont even move at all.

also, iv heard from some unauthorized source that the USA map might take place in an oil field or oil rig or something like that. i HOPE NOT, a Grand Central map would be Excellent and id certainly be ok with a fluff crowd for that kind of map. Thailand im hoping is Amarin Plaza with access to the hotel floors via elevator.

RW_Slick
5th Jun 2016, 02:00
There is a possibility that there will be two US maps; or Thailand, or Japan. There are 7 episodes but we only have six locations.

DIEFROMTHECRABZ
5th Jun 2016, 02:12
i think the prelude was the first episode.

RW_Slick
5th Jun 2016, 02:14
The prelude is a tutorial and not part of the main game. It is not listed as an episode in the game and also is part of the episode 1 download.

doom-generation
5th Jun 2016, 02:56
The locations often follow the story and the last cutscene was in New York. Fanin and "Light Bulb Head" are possible targets. Just take "LBH's" last words:

"Dig a trench, Director. And make it a deep one. Because none of you are safe anymore."

First of all, I love "Light Bulb Head" :D

I get the feeling they may stay on until season two; seems odd to introduce them now if they are to be killed in two episode's time. That's some fast story progression.

im fine with the Bazaar, i just dont think there needs to be a riot infront of the embassy. its a very poor riot imo.....its actually pathetic lol they just stand in one place, some of them dont even move at all.

It's actually a protest, not a riot.