PDA

View Full Version : Hitman 2016 and The Fans Dilemma

bornblind
4th Jun 2016, 05:51
Let me preface this by stating that I'm an avid fan of many SQUARE ENIX franchises going back decades at this point. I'm also a massive fan of the Hitman series who has enjoyed even the worst that series has to offer.

That being said I was really disappointed to learn that the new Hitman game would be episodic. It seems that much of the criticism that was being leveled at SQUARE as a publisher was well warranted. Not only does the story feel convoluted and jarring at times but the gameplay does as well. All sorts of useless metrics constantly flashing between levels and loading screens are seemingly there to get you to continue playing the same mission over and over. This feels less like a Hitman game and more like some sort of mashup Hitman themed series of demos.

I couldn't even bring myself to complete the first mission originally. Knowing that there was literally nothing after this mission even though I had spent the 60$ for a "full Hitman Experience" Now that 3 episodes are out I figured I would give it a try. Despite having decent gameplay and polish the game just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I completed the first mission in roughly 30 minutes and while I can see there is more to this single level than say certain Hitman levels in past games it still left me wanting more.

What you guys have done to Hitman is really pretty sad and I assure you that in an era where bad raps can stick for years that you guys aren't going to meet your sales goals. As someone who spends a ton on games and is really vocal online when it comes to this sort of shady crap I can assure you the damage is done.