PDA

View Full Version : OT: Alekhine's Gun: Has anyone played it?

Immadummee
3rd Jun 2016, 05:45
If you have, what are your thoughts about it? I just recently bought the HD collection of Hitman HD with silent assassin, contracts and blood money and all I can say is how similar Alekhines gun is compared to these games. From the sneak mechanic to the enemy suspicion meter, the game is almost an identical copy of it.

So for all you HARDCORE Hitman fans out there, and if you're one that hated absolution because of it, and really loved those past games (SA, C & BM), then you should SURELY get Alekhines Gun.

And the ones that have played it, what are your thoughts on it comparing it to the Hitman 2, 3 and 4?

jimbianco
3rd Jun 2016, 06:16
I played it for ps4. Sold it after the first 4 missions. Pretty much unplayable. REALLY REALLY bad framerate, lighting issues. Actually hurts the eyes. Buggy, glitchy as hell. Blatant ripoff of earlier Hitman games, but in a bad ultra low budget way. The only decent things are the music and the fiber wire kill (what the Hitman game should be). The voice acting is so low budget you can hear them turning pages !!!!! Look at some online reviews, they all pretty much bash the game. It's really ps2 quality. Not even close to any of the Hitman games as far as quality & fun.

robotx17
3rd Jun 2016, 06:36
I play DTS 1 & 2. (Death To Spies Series).

DTS 3 or Alekhines Gun not yet.

athlos23
3rd Jun 2016, 08:01
Yep. Played and beat it. I then returned it because of the quality of voice ating levels and other factors no replabillity.

Dominemesis
3rd Jun 2016, 14:59
Watched some Youtube reviews and gameplay vids. It straight up is a Hitman, or at least Hitman engine copy. Also too close to straight up plagiarism for my liking.

jimbianco
3rd Jun 2016, 17:41
Watched some Youtube reviews and gameplay vids. It straight up is a Hitman, or at least Hitman engine copy. Also too close to straight up plagiarism for my liking.

It looks like Blood Money at first, once you play it, you realize it's not even close. There are no gamma settings either, and everytime you go outside, you can't see what you're doing. The low quality is really pretty funny. The controls are dreadful. You can't even move camera while walking

semajmarc87
4th Jun 2016, 02:25
If you don't care about graphics and can deal with occasional low frame rate, then you'll love this classic-style stealth game. It's one of those games people either love or hate. I happen to love it.

semajmarc87
4th Jun 2016, 02:28

At least somebody attempted to make a classic-style Hitman game since IO obviously can't/won't anymore.

DIEFROMTHECRABZ
4th Jun 2016, 04:06
played it up until the second level. couldnt bare to play it after that. the game itself might have been tolerable if it was only about 5 levels and sold on psn for 19.99

Immadummee
4th Jun 2016, 05:13

Well if you love the older Hitman games (pre-Absolution), then dont judge it for being a Hitman copy. Just treat it like a stealth assassin game and se if you like it. But you're right about what you said but being unbiased about it may have you like it.

If you don't care about graphics and can deal with occasional low frame rate, then you'll love this classic-style stealth game. It's one of those games people either love or hate. I happen to love it.

Agreed. If you go back and play Hitman 2, 3 or 4, you'll see worse graphics. But the game straight up plays like a Hitman game with a lot of mechanics and such. I would say it's a very good mix of contracts and blood money.

It looks like Blood Money at first, once you play it, you realize it's not even close. There are no gamma settings either, and everytime you go outside, you can't see what you're doing. The low quality is really pretty funny. The controls are dreadful. You can't even move camera while walking

First of all, you could move the cam while you're walking. So I don't know what you're talking about. I actually ended up finishing the game since I bought anyways. Didn't want to give up on it. But is it better than blood money? I'm not sure yet. I just started blood money and I'm having trouble going from Absoution and then Hitman 6 to blood money. The controls and mechanics are weird for me. The ai is horrible and he detection system is unusual. But I guess that's how it is after how many years of that game. But if you wanna compare it to absolution or Hitman 6, then it gets destroyed.

Overall, I have it a 6.5/10. Some stages were pretty good like the Italian Mafia house and the bar. At the bar, I made this funny video.

Rated R:

d1DxEQKZsrE

Valenka
4th Jun 2016, 05:43
It's God-awful but I still manage to find some enjoyment. I can't complain as I got a free copy, but I definitely would not have purchased a copy.

jimbianco
4th Jun 2016, 21:13
I'm having trouble going from Absolution and then Hitman 6 to blood money.

That's the problem. Absolution was not a "Hitman" game. Hitman 6 is a lot closer, NO WAY IN HELL AL. Gun is better than any of the Hitman games, even if it IS one's opinion, you'll still be wrong! :)

Immadummee
5th Jun 2016, 00:15
I'm having trouble going from Absolution and then Hitman 6 to blood money.

That's the problem. Absolution was not a "Hitman" game. Hitman 6 is a lot closer, NO WAY IN HELL AL. Gun is better than any of the Hitman games, even if it IS one's opinion, you'll still be wrong! :)

You're wrong right from your last statement. An opinion is NEVER wrong. but I never said that Alk's Gun is better. I'm just saying if all the hardcore PRE-Absolution guys are not happy with the last 2 Hitman games, then Alk's Gun brings that old style of Hitman back as its very similar in many ways. I never said it was better.

As for your first statement, you may say Absolution isn't a "Hitman" game, but I don't care, I still loved it. I don't label games based in their brand, I just take it for what it is and see if I like it or not. No bias nor preconceived notions.

If Absolution was just called that and didn't use the name Hitman in it, and was just a stealth game like Alk's Gun with a totally different character, would you still like it? That's how I judge EVERY game I play. And that's how I'll give an appropriate opinion on it.

When it comes down to it, have you played any linear style games? Like The Last of Us? Same concept. And I loved TLoU. And that's why I loved Absolution.

And the reason why I'm having trouble going from Ab>H6>BM, is because BM is just an entire different game that's horribly setup. The ai is bad. The animation are bad. The worlds are empty and bland. The controls are bad. The mechanics aren't there like cover.
But I'm still gonna continue with it and finish it THEN judge it.

To each his own, I guess.

semajmarc87
8th Jun 2016, 23:37
Just a FYI, I talk to the developers of Alekhine's Gun (Maximum Games) on Twitter and email sometimes, and they told me they're planning on releasing a large update for this game in the near future. I sent them dozens of suggestions based on the first four Hitman games and they said they are very interested in implementing the features.

So hopefully they'll fix the graphical and framerate problems and implement many classic features from the first four Hitman games. I'm very optimistic.

jimbianco
9th Jun 2016, 00:18
Just a FYI, I talk to the developers of Alekhine's Gun (Maximum Games) on Twitter and email sometimes, and they told me they're planning on releasing a large update for this game in the near future. I sent them dozens of suggestions based on the first four Hitman games and they said they are very interested in implementing the features.

So hopefully they'll fix the graphical and framerate problems and implement many classic features from the first four Hitman games. I'm very optimistic.

so they'll be trying to ripoff Hitman even more? no thanks. Game still sucks

semajmarc87
9th Jun 2016, 02:29
so they'll be trying to ripoff Hitman even more? no thanks.

Somebody's gotta make a Hitman game since IO obviously doesn't make Hitman games anymore.

Game still sucks

Congrats?

Immadummee
9th Jun 2016, 06:00

If this game does indeed get a major update, I will try it out again.

Driber
9th Jun 2016, 08:02
You're wrong right from your last statement. An opinion is NEVER wrong.

In my opinion, the earth is flat. I guess I'm not wrong then.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Immadummee
10th Jun 2016, 00:21
In my opinion, the earth is flat. I guess I'm not wrong then.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Haha. Lying and/or ignorance isn't opinion, But I know you knew what I meant and I know what you mean too. Lol.