PDA

View Full Version : Useless Weapons

TTG1966
2nd Jun 2016, 18:14
What good are any of the machine guns, shotguns, un-silenced pistols in this game. There is no health and 47n is killed by 2 or 3 shots from an enemy. At least in Absolution when you got bored with the stealth aspect you could have a shootout. I find myself playing Absolution more after buying this game.

AZAZEAL7A
2nd Jun 2016, 20:05
What good are any of the machine guns, shotguns, un-silenced pistols in this game. There is no health and 47n is killed by 2 or 3 shots from an enemy. At least in Absolution when you got bored with the stealth aspect you could have a shootout. I find myself playing Absolution more after buying this game.

Agreed, very disappointing...we need better gun mechanics, dual wielding, human shield and a briefcase for the sniper...maybe if you disguise yourself as a soldier you get an armour increase or something, and get some more voice actors for crying out loud "pun intended"...

jimbianco
2nd Jun 2016, 21:04
it's what I've been thinking from day one. The game discourages gun play , yet we have these weapons. 47's damage should be adjusted slightly so we are not totally helpless. Hence the need for difficulty settings. As it is now, this is like 47 being on Purist mode, and the rest of the gameplay in an easier setting. It's just a little unbalanced. I have yet to use some of the unsilenced weapons. I guess they were put in to cater to the COD crowd.

JDMHatch_G
4th Jun 2016, 14:33
I agree whole heartedly. Sad to see the latest weapon I unlocked is an automatic un-silenced pistol :( I'm an 'outside the box' kind of player and I still can't see a need for that. And I noticed that the next weapon will be a silenced AR - which is no better than the covert SMG I got for doing the escalations. There are now quite a few weapons but they are just the same as what we already have just slightly better but in useless ways (eg - tighter spread for your shotgun which you can't ever use without being wiped out 10 seconds later).

This game is not set up for shoot outs at all. We need more cool stealth kit!. At first I didn't like the ducks but now I know you can be frisked with them I think those are pretty cool.

Would also love to see 47's briefcase in the game...

doom-generation
4th Jun 2016, 15:22
it's what I've been thinking from day one. The game discourages gun play , yet we have these weapons.

I think that's an inevitable consequence of how the game has evolved and mechanics introduced. Look back to Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, where you have a huge arsenal of firearms, because they were so important back then. Other than the guns, you had a fire-axe, a golf club, a katana, and a couple of knives... and those would only appear in certain levels. Fiber wire aside, those were your methods of killing.

Now, we can kill anyone with a neck snap; find lethal melee weapons all over the place, all of which are throwable no less; drop lights and such onto a target's head; push them over walls; drown them... our methods of killing are so much more varied now that the guns are bound to take a bit of a back-seat.

JDMHatch_G
4th Jun 2016, 16:18
I think that's an inevitable consequence of how the game has evolved and mechanics introduced. Look back to Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, where you have a huge arsenal of firearms, because they were so important back then. Other than the guns, you had a fire-axe, a golf club, a katana, and a couple of knives... and those would only appear in certain levels. Fiber wire aside, those were you methods of killing.

Now, we can kill anyone with a neck snap; find lethal melee weapons all over the place, all of which are throwable no less; drop lights and such onto a target's head; push them over walls; drown them... our methods of killing are so much more varied now that the guns are bound to take a bit of a back-seat.

Then they shouldn't make them the 'rewards' for completing tasks/gaining mastery. I would rather be rewarded with, say, a cool kill cam or something for the accident kills than be 'rewarded' with something that i'm literally not supposed to use? lol

AZAZEAL7A
4th Jun 2016, 23:09
it's what I've been thinking from day one. The game discourages gun play , yet we have these weapons. 47's damage should be adjusted slightly so we are not totally helpless. Hence the need for difficulty settings. As it is now, this is like 47 being on Purist mode, and the rest of the gameplay in an easier setting. It's just a little unbalanced. I have yet to use some of the unsilenced weapons. I guess they were put in to cater to the COD crowd.

Exactly hence why a made a thread called hitman or codman, this game has been specifically designed with 12-year-old's in mind...Isn't it rated 18?...

RW_Slick
5th Jun 2016, 00:41
I would not say that any weapon is useless in this game. It is all in your creativity and imagination. If this guy can do a SUIT ONLY / SILENT ASSASSIN run in Marrakesh with the freaking Battle Axe, then anything is possible.

PiG8bceWyLw

JDMHatch_G
5th Jun 2016, 02:02
I would not say that any weapon is useless in this game. It is all in your creativity and imagination. If this guy can do a SUIT ONLY / SILENT ASSASSIN run in Marrakesh with the freaking Battle Axe, then anything is possible.

PiG8bceWyLw

That was amazing. And with no pacifications lol.

Interesting that his his mission time was 16:41 when the whole youtube video is only 16:03 :)

RW_Slick
5th Jun 2016, 02:16
Either the game clock counts differently or he did a really smooth cut