PDA

View Full Version : Finished COTW

HikingBoots
6th Jul 2002, 23:13
And damn, that was such a kick@$$ game!
Pskio- you are a GOD!
I finished it with absolutely NOTHING left- no medipacks, no ammo, no nothin'.
Good job!

Rose662
7th Jul 2002, 03:26
Congratulations!

I'm still playing it (and stuck)!

Good going, HB!

:D

CyCro
7th Jul 2002, 13:39
Rose, really? Where are you?

@HB: Congratulations! If you liked it, you can play TEP, the prequel of COTW! ;)

Drew
7th Jul 2002, 14:13
Yeah Rose, where at? We'd like you to finish this as much.

@Hiking, well done! But surely, you've got the 4 scions with you.

HikingBoots
7th Jul 2002, 15:23
Well yes, of course I had the four scions with me... but where can I download TEP? Psiko is truely a genius. I loved the music he did for this game too.

CyCro
7th Jul 2002, 17:48
Download TEP here (http://tombraider.videogame.it/giochi/trle/livelli/tep.zip) and here (http://www.tombraiders.it/download/trle/tep.zip) :)

troublewolf
7th Jul 2002, 18:43
good for you, Hiking boots! and the game is a kick! I need mucho help and the walkthrough plus one saved game from psiko...the one where you have to climb, jump and run..couldn't do it and ran out of nerve medicne! am waiting for the next level. I would do Tep..but there isn't a walkthrough for it..hehehehe....we all know how well I do without one!:eek:

Rose662
8th Jul 2002, 02:33
Drew and CyCro:

I am still struggling with those crumbling platforms in level 6. :(
I have the discussion thread from the old forum saved on my hard drive so that I can refer to your tips on how to succeed at this point in the game.

For about a couple of weeks I have been taking a little break from COTW, but I will get back to it soon.

I don't want to "hijack" Hiking Boots' thread too much with this. :) I may repost my problem with this part in the game within a day or two if I am still stuck.

HikingBoots
8th Jul 2002, 03:25
Don't worry about it, I don't mind. i like talking about COTW. Those crumbling platforms confused me too, here I"ll help.
Do a running jump to the first, then keep running and jump again to the second, but grab there. Shimmy all the way to the right, but don't go around the corner. Pull up, turn to the right and quickly jump grab to the next platform. Shimmy left and around, then pull up, turn left, then jump grab to the next platform. It should be a few more running jumps and runnign jump grabs to the next platforms, then to the ladder.

Hope this helps.

Cycro: Both files you gave me are for the level editor, which I do not possess. Is there one that I can use which is standalone?

psiko
8th Jul 2002, 07:52
congratulations! :D so happy for you and glad you liked it :)

Rose, do as hikingboots wrote :)

BTW as you played the COTW, this means you had the tomb4.exe somehow ;) so you CAN play the TEP :D

If you want, follow this instructions:

create a NEW folder from my TOMB RAIDER A (call it for wxample Tomb Raider A - TEP).

Go in the DATA folder and rename this file:

cotwtitle.tr4

into simply: title.tr4

Then open the ZIPPED file of my TEP and follow the instruction of the readme, this means:

substitute english and script.dat into the tomb raider a - tep folder (so you have the files which are dated on june of the last year)
put the tep.tr3 into the DATA folder
finally put the AUDIO files (.wav ones) into the AUDIO folder.

This is enough :)

The only problem you can have is some wrong audio or some missing audio at certain moments, because the TEP used some audio from the TRLE and you probably miss them or I probably changed them into my COTW (and remember you will play my TEP from my COTW, not from the TRLE)

good luck (you'll see how much I changed my style since my TEP but something in the story of the TechnoEgyptians will fit better for you - have you read the "read after you played folder"?) :)

HikingBoots
9th Jul 2002, 04:07
Ok, i will try that. Thanks, Psiko, and yes I did read the readafteruplayed folder.

Rose662
15th Jul 2002, 04:18
I finally beat those crumbling platforms in level 6! Thank you for your help! :)

I'm now at the top of that ladder at the end of the platforms.

Back to COTW....

:D

Originally posted by HikingBoots
Don't worry about it, I don't mind. i like talking about COTW. Those crumbling platforms confused me too, here I"ll help.
Do a running jump to the first, then keep running and jump again to the second, but grab there. Shimmy all the way to the right, but don't go around the corner. Pull up, turn to the right and quickly jump grab to the next platform. Shimmy left and around, then pull up, turn left, then jump grab to the next platform. It should be a few more running jumps and runnign jump grabs to the next platforms, then to the ladder.

Hope this helps.