PDA

View Full Version : Liars Say I Do Not Own Content

gremlinkurst
31st May 2016, 12:43
I did not pay SIXTY DOLLARS for a g*d*mned tech demo; evidently, "The Full Experience" involves a fist being rammed up my rectum without benefit of lubricant. I've been waiting for Episode Three on Steam, and now that it's here—kind of—I am royally p*ssed off. Is this some kind of extortionate ploy to get me to pay the $150 price tag for the deluxe package? 'Cause I mean ta TELL ya: I spend a LOT of money on gaming, but I WILL boycott Square Enix for the rest of my life.

I want what I PAID for. Anyone know how to get Square Enix to hold up THEIR end of the bargain? My dim understanding of contract law is that BOTH parties must abide by the agreed-upon terms. Else, there's no reason AT ALL why I should not become a pirate.

JefTheReaper
31st May 2016, 13:20
I did not pay SIXTY DOLLARS for a g*d*mned tech demo; evidently, "The Full Experience" involves a fist being rammed up my rectum without benefit of lubricant. I've been waiting for Episode Three on Steam, and now that it's here—kind of—I am royally p*ssed off. Is this some kind of extortionate ploy to get me to pay the $150 price tag for the deluxe package? 'Cause I mean ta TELL ya: I spend a LOT of money on gaming, but I WILL boycott Square Enix for the rest of my life.

I want what I PAID for. Anyone know how to get Square Enix to hold up THEIR end of the bargain? My dim understanding of contract law is that BOTH parties must abide by the agreed-upon terms. Else, there's no reason AT ALL why I should not become a pirate.

Geesh man chill!
don't start firing away while you jump assumptions!
Apparently its a bug, its being fixed as we speak.

Not that it would be the first time on steam ether way,
every time I owned a game with a season pass/full experience its the same story
1 the dlc comes out on steam
2 some time goes by where steam tells me I don't own the dlc content
3 a hour or 2-3 later steam updates (or you need to restart steam yourself manually) and the dlc is added to your library

For some reason or another steam apparently can't put a dlc up for purchase and at the same time add that dlc to the library of people who already pre-paid for it, apparently it takes some time.
my Steam page is already downloading the DLC, and I got the full experience pack too.

It just takes some time.

Really man, what happened to you today that your so eager to jump the gun?
Square Enix is in my opinion the only game company right now that's actually doing well,
lots of ports, PROPER ports I might add, to pc.
FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake hype.
a bunch of other good games too, and on top of that,
Square Enix does not screw you over like other company's do,
you bought the 60 dollar full experience? Believe me, they are making sure it will be worth that 60 dollars and more.
I mean the episodes we already have right now are just huge on there own with a lot of content in it!

Meanwhile many other gaming company's are ether discriminating ether the console or pc users, selling overpriced rubbish content, games that are completely broken and so on.
And then there is EA who pretty much takes all those and amplifies them to even higher level's of shameless exploit...

Square Enix was doing a little bad a while ago with many games (looking at you absolution)
but right now they are climbing that mountain with blinding speed, reaching for the top!

AJMGamerGirl
31st May 2016, 14:55
My game not working too, I bought the collectors edition, I should be more mad than you... lol I'm feeling the pain, its like all the developers care about these days is how much money they make. They keep selling us crap. So sad we can't find a decent game to play anymore.

Agarwel
31st May 2016, 15:02
Im probably getting old or something because I dont get you. Do you believe the game wont work anymore ever? You know it will. It is just some bug that will be patched. The fact they did not patched it in five minutes after release does not mean they run off with you money :-)
You will play it tommorow. Worst case scenario day after tommorow. Big deal right?
I understand it sucs the game is not released in perfect condition. But does it sucks so much you need to make such deal out of it?

I wont even suggest to go do something outside your home. Just start up another game. You know Blood and Wine is out? Its not like this bug is preventing you from having fun playing videogames.

JefTheReaper
31st May 2016, 15:11
My game not working too, I bought the collectors edition, I should be more mad than you... lol I'm feeling the pain, its like all the developers care about these days is how much money they make. They keep selling us crap. So sad we can't find a decent game to play anymore.

Thank you for taking the effort of reading my explanation and then bluntly ignoring it and still assuming the worst,
if anything it just blows me away how people right now are accusing Square Enix of "being all about the money"
while Square Enix is the only company right now I can name that's not on my blacklist of company's exploiting the fans.

so the dlc is not in your steam list the second its released on the shop, wow, bad day for you,
I have star wars force unleashed on pc,
They released a dlc for console but not pc,
5 years now and I still don't have it,
THAT's a example of a company doing bad business.

what is happening here however is just steam's limitations,
for whatever reason, they can't add the dlc to your library immediately after making the dlc purchasable.
Happens with season passes too all the time.
It takes a hour or two tops before you get it, really how are so many people so inpatient?!

And if you are on console, just wait a bit, instead of immediately accusing the company of cheating you, you could also just keep a cool head and report it as a bug, something a few more levelheaded people already did a while ago, not soon after the dev's/employees responded that they noted the problem and started to take immediate action in fixing it.

I doubt you will die from waiting a few more hours...
Just run another game, or go do whatever you were doing before you were waiting for the dlc and check again in a hour or 2.

RW_Slick
31st May 2016, 20:46
I like how the people cussing and carrying on about how S-E sucks are still going to be playing the game later this evening when the issue is resolved.

desperado1089
31st May 2016, 21:10
Huh. I wasn't really gonna reply to this, as my issue (the same one as the OP, but on PS4) was already addressed when people said that the folks at S-E/Steam/Sony were already working on it. But after noticing how motherloving SALTY people were getting, I just had to chime in. To the OP and other ragers, I just got one thing to say: Chill. It's a bug, not an attempt to screw you over. And speaking of Blood and Wine, I haven't really seen any evidence that CDPR has any less concern for its fans than S-E. At any rate, it's no reason to pull out the boycott card, and I for one am more than happy to do other things while waiting for Marrakesh to be fixed.

~D

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if the OP just posted that and then scurried off like a rat leaving a sinking ship. Cowardice is a common trait of trolls.

RW_Slick
31st May 2016, 21:11
Anyone having the issue, try it now. Restart your PS4 if necessary. I just went into the store and I am downloading the episode.

desperado1089
31st May 2016, 22:18
Yeah, same.