PDA

View Full Version : AOD on X-BOX???

cowboy from hell
6th Jul 2002, 21:08
AOD on the X-BOX? This may be old news to some of you but on many of the other forums one of the big ???'s is people wondering if AOD will be released on this console. I read an interview on a site with one of the developers and he said that they would definately not rule out this possibillity. I personally don't own the BOX but thought that this would help ease the minds of the owners of this console. I don't know if I am allowed to post the address of the site I read the interview on, but if I can I will post it in the future so you people can read it. It is full of other interesting facts on AOD that has satiated my desire for another day or two.

Slave 4 Her
6th Jul 2002, 21:55
Its not coming out on X BOX.It was for a while in the beginning, but not anymore, i read that Eidos plan to make the new TR's exclusive to PS2.

DKSM
7th Jul 2002, 00:13
Yes, as of now, Angel of Darkness will not be on the XBOX. They want it to be a PS2 exclusive, but who knows. If they want more money, they may let XBOX have it too.

DaveJ
7th Jul 2002, 09:09
Adrian Smith of Core very recently (after the Sony announcement) wouldn't rule out the possibility of an XBox version.

PS2 and PC will get it first, I reckon there'll be an improved XBox version about 6 months later.

cowboy from hell
7th Jul 2002, 17:45
The interview I read is about 10 days old and was saying exactly what DaveJ said. Of course PS2 will be the exclusive, then PC, then the programming kinks will be worked out for a possible X-BOX release. Thanks DaveJ. I think it would be cool if every system would get this game and broaden the TR spectrum.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
10th Jul 2002, 05:24
Yes but then everyone would get a different version like Gamecube gets a cartoon showing TR7, X-box gets a better selection of weapons, and PC and Ps2 get nothing but the game (which isn't a bad thing) just to make it seem like a different game on all systems like all game makers do.

DaveJ
10th Jul 2002, 07:20
I know.
Anyone would think they were in business to *gasp* make money...

shanedj
10th Jul 2002, 11:59
Yes Keep TRAOD a PS2 only title. PS was where it was born and where it was made for. Lets keep it that way!

DaveJ
10th Jul 2002, 16:41
Thats just selfish....not to mention bad business sense.

cowboy from hell
11th Jul 2002, 04:14
Oh no! I knew this would wage a console war:D Part of me wants to be selfish and have this a ps2 exclusive then again I would like my closed minded friends "who wouldn't own a ps1 or 2 at gunpoint" to have this title commercially slammed into their world. :)

Aquarius
11th Jul 2002, 04:19
Is it known yet what the requirements for PC will be yet?? Like if it'll run on Windows 2000, or ME, or XP??

I'd kind of like to know, since I have ME, and you really don't see that many things out right now that will use ME......

(wow that really doesn't look right....)

LaraAngelOfDarkness
11th Jul 2002, 05:57
Why couldn't Tomb Raider 6,7, and 8 be PS2 Pc only, Gamecube did it with Resident Evil, and X-box did it with the next few Dead or Alive games even though they started on PS, now Gamecube wants Final Fantasy. Its not selfish it just shows that PS2 is a good system and if you want TR, buy a PS2 system just like other people would have to do just to play other system exclusive games.

cowboy from hell
11th Jul 2002, 17:43
Originally posted by LaraAngelOfDarkness
Why couldn't Tomb Raider 6,7, and 8 be PS2 Pc only, Gamecube did it with Resident Evil, and X-box did it with the next few Dead or Alive games even though they started on PS, now Gamecube wants Final Fantasy. Its not selfish it just shows that PS2 is a good system and if you want TR, buy a PS2 system just like other people would have to do just to play other system exclusive games.

I agree with you for the most part. I can't even hear the word playstation without TR coming to mind. After all I think PS and PC owners have showed their undying loyalty to the TR series and it just makes good sense to go where the real fanbase is. I have seen alot of people completely dump Capcom for their decision to take RE to GC. It's not that they are bitter, they just can't afford to buy a whole new console to play one game (myself included). I remember a while back when I was console shopping, I was going to give each console a serious going over even though I am one of the most devoted Playstation owners you could ever meet. I considered the GC because of the RE thing. The X-BOX was American. Alot of things factored into my thinking until one day on the net I'm browsing TR stuff and find that they will make AOD a PS2 exclusive. That did it for me!

DaveJ
11th Jul 2002, 18:15
Its not selfish it just shows that PS2 is a good system and if you want TR, buy a PS2 system just like other people would have to do just to play other system exclusive games.

But not everyone can afford to buy more than one console.
And of all the "next gen" consoles the PS2 is the weakest in terms of performance, and the most outdated already.

I still predict AoD will be on the Xbox by mid 2003.
"Exclusive" tends to mean very little these days...like MGS2 being an "exclusive" for the PS2. It just means exclusive on launch day.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
11th Jul 2002, 20:52
It might be the weakest but it sells more than both the GC and Xbox combined. Xbox is selling the poorest because nobody in japan is buying it, the only real competition the Ps2 has is the Gamecube, we would be more likely to see TR:AOD on GC before we ever see it on xbox also because Eidos and Core have put TR on Nintendo systems in the past. (Gameboy color games)

cowboy from hell
11th Jul 2002, 20:53
Hey DaveJ! You are right, the porting over of games is just to be expected. That was my thinking all along on the RE series. It is just a matter of time. As far as the PS2 being more outdated, partially true. A friend of mine who works on consoles was telling me about how the PS2's potential has not been exploited to it's fullest. He isn't even a gamer (more of a computer freak) and he thinks the console has gotten a bad rap over it's difficulty in programming (which he claims is not even that hard. He sais it is more of the developers not trying to get out of the old way of thinking). He also is a computer programmer so I at least have to respect his opinion. Anyway I just want this game in my hands:) I'll bet the AOD blows everything else out of the water.

Mgardiner
12th Jul 2002, 04:32
Oh god if I have to hear that PS2 is using 25% (I think its 25, might be 35% somewhere around there lol) of its power Iam gonna puke lol

DaveJ
12th Jul 2002, 07:35
It might be the weakest but it sells more than both the GC and Xbox combined. Xbox is selling the poorest because nobody in japan is buying it,

What - nobody?
Not a single unit sold in Japan?
Oh the horror! :eek:

The PS2 has about a year and a half head start on both consoles...of course it has sold more.

Time will back me up.
;)

dr.feever
14th Jul 2002, 21:20
I think AOD is only slated for release on the PS2, and the PC. However I'm sure that future Tomb Raider releases may find their way to the X Box. From what I found out, a possible reason for AOD not being included for release on the X Box as of now is as follows. I remember an artile I read when the X Box was still in development. The article talked about how Bill Gates's people were visiting the Nintendo headquarters. Why? Because from my computer classes I was taught that Bill took someone elses computer technology and put his name on it when he first started out. Possibly Eidos and Core didn't feel comfortable sharing the next generation technology of AOD, mechanic workings of Tomb Raider with X Box, who until recently, had no icon of their own to market. What might Bill do? Now that Lucasarts is letting Indy make his home on the X Box, they now have an icon of their own to market and bring in the bucks. If the Lucasarts/X Box partnership can successfuly chalange the Eidos/PS2 partnership, rather than losing out on the financial benifets of an X Box partnership as competition. Eidos would almost have to bring the next generation Tomb Raider games to X Box.

When it comes to money everyone is of the same religion. :D

cowboy from hell
14th Jul 2002, 22:00
That's very interesting dr. feever. Thanks.:)

Klavier
17th Jul 2002, 06:43
There are about as many PS2 games that interest me as Xbox games, even though PS2 has a million games (or something like that). The problem is, as you PS2 owners all know, your machine is slow. The loading time can give someone an ulcer. And whenever a game has the prospect of being on the Xbox as well, it will invariably look smoother, have bigger explosions, and load faster. And have anti-aliasing. And have in-game Dolby 5.1

DaveJ
17th Jul 2002, 07:22
Originally posted by dr.feever
Now that Lucasarts is letting Indy make his home on the X Box, they now have an icon of their own to market and bring in the bucks.

The next Indy game is coming out on Xbox, PC and PS2.

Its not an exclusive.

Mgardiner
17th Jul 2002, 21:13
THat may be true but which console do you think it will look best on hmmm? (Note: I said console not computer we all know it would look best on the computer...)

DaveJ
18th Jul 2002, 07:21
Which will it look best on?
If you read around, you know my thoughts on that one. ;)

Johnny
24th Jul 2002, 15:48
Well, AOD would look best on X-box and PC. PS2 is just an outdated, weak performance console...and it always has been. :rolleyes: