PDA

View Full Version : Killing the congressman counts as killing a non-target

AdenPhoenix
27th May 2016, 23:30
PC. Lost my Silent Assassin rank due to this.

Krozbee
28th May 2016, 16:30
PS4 - Same thing happened to me. So let down by this..

doom-generation
28th May 2016, 16:37
Did you leave in the car? If so, the problem might be this: When you drive away in the car, you kill the guy standing in the road looking at the delivery van if you drive away while he's there. You have to wait for him to get out of the road before you get in the car.

KrazySniper
28th May 2016, 17:52
Did you leave in the car? If so, the problem might be this: When you drive away in the car, you kill the guy standing in the road looking at the delivery van if you drive away while he's there. You have to wait for him to get out of the road before you get in the car.

Alternatively, you can just skip the car escape cutscene and you should still get silent assassin (I did).

jimbianco
28th May 2016, 17:52
guarantee you ran over the "NPC in yellow" as you were leaving.

Meatsim009
29th May 2016, 02:55
So, we are to assume that 47 would purposefully run over someone as he leaves the scene of a crime? When he is not being chased? Missing out on Silent Assassin achievement because of running over an NPC in the car during cutscene escape was not a very satisfying experience. I killed no-one except the congressman. Was never spotted. Saw the guy in the yellow shirt lying in the street in the cutscene. Not happy. Not happy at all. And the audio device - as mentioned elsewhere - is bugged.
:/

#unhappy

kaneten
29th May 2016, 04:57
Wow, I feel for you guys, that makes no sense at all! Why would a professional assassin who just pulled off a clean kill with nobody noticing run somebody over on the way out of town? Not exactly well thought-out.

jimbianco
29th May 2016, 19:26
This to me is not really a bug. I actually like it, keeps us on our toes. You just have to be aware before you enter the car. The NPC will move on his own, or you can distract him to make him move earlier. He's just a tourist taking pictures. You have to make sure he 's not in the road before you leave. Funny how any bit of legit gameplay that is inconvenient to the precious SA rating is seen as a bug. The new spoiled generation of gamers. I would be more pissed about the subdue/kill bug.

doom-generation
29th May 2016, 20:41
This to me is not really a bug. I actually like it, keeps us on our toes. You just have to be aware before you enter the car. The NPC will move on his own, or you can distract him to make him move earlier. He's just a tourist taking pictures. You have to make sure he 's not in the road before you leave. Funny how any bit of legit gameplay that is inconvenient to the precious SA rating is seen as a bug. The new spoiled generation of gamers. I would be more pissed about the subdue/kill bug.

Once again, I pretty much agree. He represents and extra 30 second wait at the most, just be wary of him if you're using the car to exit the level.

Kromus78
29th May 2016, 23:33
Once you trigger 'end mission' you are done. At every exit, at every map so far. It is not a feature, it is a bug! A bug that you can avoid by interrupting cut-scene animation. If you consider it could be a good feature to have risk AFTER you click to end mission, fine, but it has to be announced and noted in patch notes, if accepted, due to what I wrote in first two sentences. No one likes randomness in a game where everything is about good planning and especially in current state of game with so many bugs and issues. A veteran gamer, like you present yourself, should know why this issue can't be described like 'bit of legit gameplay' and also veteran players don't degrade someones strive for game achievements, but encourage them. Once you get there, you'll get it, but until than no need to antagonize other players.

KrazySniper
30th May 2016, 00:36
This issue reminds me of Hitman Absolution when it first launched. There was that Train Station level where you could get spotted during the train escape cutscene. There was also the Terminus Hotel level where you could get spotted while in the elevator escape cutscene.

This seems like a bug to me. You can even avoid killing the NPC by triggering the car escape and then skipping the cutscene, which is what I did. I triggered the car escape right as the NPC was in the road and then skipped the cutscene right before 47 hit him with his car and I still got the SA rating.

jimbianco
30th May 2016, 01:13
it's NOT a bug. You're supposed to wait until he's out of the way, or get him to move. What do you mean no one likes "randomness where everything is about good planning" ? Pretty naive. This game is all about handholding, and triggering events to play the way the game wants you to. It SHOULD be more random. You are just pissed off you failed your SA run by not paying attention, so you blame this "bug" as you call it.

doom-generation
30th May 2016, 01:58
This issue reminds me of Hitman Absolution when it first launched. There was that Train Station level where you could get spotted during the train escape cutscene.

Oh my god... That level... that was the point that broke me in that game. :(

LukeSlade
30th May 2016, 04:43
It's not a bug, but it is retarded.

Kromus78
30th May 2016, 07:35
it's NOT a bug. You're supposed to wait until he's out of the way, or get him to move. What do you mean no one likes "randomness where everything is about good planning" ? Pretty naive. This game is all about handholding, and triggering events to play the way the game wants you to. It SHOULD be more random. You are just pissed off you failed your SA run by not paying attention, so you blame this "bug" as you call it.

Ah, one of the 'elitists'. If it is not a bug and we're supposed to wait until he's out of the way, how do you explain fact that his life depends on whether you skip cut-scene animation?