PDA

View Full Version : Remote Audio Distraction Device is bugged

Shredsss
27th May 2016, 03:00
It activates instantly, after player pulls it out of his pocket.

Sound cannot be heard, but NPCs react like there's already a sound, and throw a hissy fit. It's currently useless, and obviously bugged.

I'm at least ASSUMING it was intended to be silent, until player triggers a remote control (as in the name)? This way it would be very useful, now completely useless. I saw a lot of people report the same issue on Steam forums.

Reported also in Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/4he7f8/wtf_is_this_item_ica_remote_audio_distraction/?

Why you guys don't have a KNOWN ISSUES sticky post like every other studio that claims to "listen to the community?" You have a community manager (Travis I/O) what's his job? Drinking beer? You would avoid so many complaint threads, by simply having a known issues sticky in Steam, Reddit and here. Or at least even ONE place.

JefTheReaper
27th May 2016, 08:25
+1 for a known issues sticky post

Also going to test the remote controlled audio device now, as I remember unlocking it but forgot to ever try it out, lol.

EDIT: yup, tried and I can second this, you can't even hold the device without everyone around you turning around to look at you as if some siren just went off in your hand,
even tried it while sneaking while nobody was looking at me, I take it out of my jacket and everyone turns to look at me
(creepy inception "the subconscious is looking at you" stuff right there)

Not only that, after placing it on a wall and setting it off, even after picking it back up, NPC's constantly went back to that wall and became suspicious, even tough there was nothing there anymore.

I actually placed and removed it multiple times in the lab area in Sapienza, and all NPC's in the area constantly stopped doing what they were doing and went to those locations, even after one of the guards found and snatched away the device from me, everyone kept going back to those places, stuck in a constant state of "hey what's that sound?!"

Tough it does not seem to precise forever, it does keep happening a long time after I remove the device.
But after that they kept going to the box in which the guards had placed the device instead *facepalm*

You can quite literally walk around with the device in your hand on the street's of Sapienza (or France for that matter) and everyone will just turn and stare at you, creepy as hell, they won't try to arrest you, won't get suspicious, but all of them will notice you.

Did anyone even test that device before adding it to the game?
Seems weird nobody noticed this while testing the game.

jimbianco
27th May 2016, 16:15
it's the most useless piece of gear in Hitman history, even if it IS fixed.

Shredsss
27th May 2016, 18:55
it's the most useless piece of gear in Hitman history, even if it IS fixed.

Disagree.. you could do a lot of for example interesting contracts with it.

1. Place is somehere, not using it
2. Go to another place, with sniper rifle, that has sightline to the device
3. Trigger it, and kill NPC that wouldn't usually come there

Or

1. Place it
2. Place proximity explosive near it
3. Lure enemy to trigger the explosive

Or

1. Preplant it to location
2. Trigger it to lure guard away
3. Enter area

Or

1. Place it to someplace where accident can be triggered
2. Lure NPC to go there, that normally wouldn't

doom-generation
27th May 2016, 22:51
Disagree.. you could do a lot of for example interesting contracts with it.

1. Place is somehere, not using it
2. Go to another place, with sniper rifle, that has sightline to the device
3. Trigger it, and kill NPC that wouldn't usually come there

Or

1. Place it
2. Place proximity explosive near it
3. Lure enemy to trigger the explosive

Or

1. Preplant it to location
2. Trigger it to lure guard away
3. Enter area

Or

1. Place it to someplace where accident can be triggered
2. Lure NPC to go there, that normally wouldn't

Agreed, it has the potential to be a really good piece of kit.

jimbianco
27th May 2016, 23:06
until contracts mode is fixed, it's not worth using up an inventory spot for it. Why go through all this trouble, only to have the contract briefing be so vague. They need to fix it to be more specific. Plus this device is only "one time use" isn't it? garbage

JefTheReaper
28th May 2016, 06:55
until contracts mode is fixed, it's not worth using up an inventory spot for it. Why go through all this trouble, only to have the contract briefing be so vague. They need to fix it to be more specific. Plus this device is only "one time use" isn't it? garbage

If it got fixed, not really.

Its not one use, unlike coins or random items, the guards will pick it up and take it to a weapon case.
as long as you have the remote trigger you could technically turn it on again while its in the weapon case, making the near guards distraced, or just simply retrieve it when nobody is looking.

Its not as direct and fast as a coin, but more of use for a more complex setup that requires a distraction made from a long distance.

ZachWhosoever
28th May 2016, 21:03
I really want to use it to get more creative in the levels, but it really does need a fix first. Definitely would be one of my favorite gadgets

Meatsim009
29th May 2016, 02:51
i would find it useful. At the moment, it can be good for drawing people away from their posts just by placing it - no need to activate it. But it made the elusive challenge interesting.