PDA

View Full Version : Realistic reactions

JefTheReaper
25th May 2016, 09:10
basically a suggestion on having npc's react more naturally to a situation,

Right now if you kill your target, I did not notice any of the guards (especially the personal body guards) noticing the sudden loss of there boss that went into the bathroom but never came out.
NPC's should react to this situation (not by searching for 47) but rather changing there regular route by looking for there boss (if stored in a container they should not be found of course) but it should change the way the npc's behave, or even inform the second target if there is one, that the other went missing.

another reaction is the one when a accidental kill happens,
instead of searching, the guards should react to this like any guard would to a actual accident, search near the spot to why or how the accident happened,
if there is no clue to the accident being created by someone, then they will treat it like a horrible accident, clean up the body and go back to there routine.

If they DO find proof of it being set up, then they will start searching (for example if a chandelier fell on there boss and there is a bullet hole in the ceiling/on the handle, or if 47 is standing too close to the handle while they come to check wherever it was a handle malfunction.)

right now guards treat a accident like any regular kill, what makes no sense at all.

jimbianco
25th May 2016, 19:17
it's "their". stop creating multiple threads. It's ALL been discussed on other threads

JefTheReaper
25th May 2016, 19:52
it's "their". stop creating multiple threads. It's ALL been discussed on other threads

English is not my native language, so I'm sorry I offended you with my self learned English that does not live up to your standards,

As for the multiple threads
NEVER jam all questions in just 1 thread.

Every forum has specific guidelines clearly stating a question, suggestion or bug report should be formulated clearly.
This means sticking to 1 subject per thread.

All I did was ask the questions I wanted to ask, the suggestions I wanted to suggest and the bugs I wanted to report at once, instead of spreading them over a random time period of a few months.
Its called "efficiency", you write down ideas, bugs and questions beforehand, and then file them in all at once.

Lastly, nowhere in my message is the text "you NEED to read this"
so if you dislike my threads, don't complain about it to me, just don't click on them.
If you disagree with my methods or dislike my statements then by all means go ahead and do that, but I'm still allowed to state my opinion, give my suggestions and support the Hitman project by placing a thread about a found bugs.

And yes I did first search the forum to see if the bugs were notified before, but I don't have all day to search every possible keyword, so "sorry" if I might have reported a bug that was already reported, hope your pc did not explode due to a second thread about the same subject...

Hitman_Limerick
26th May 2016, 13:19
LOL @ ""sorry" if i might have reported a bug that was already reported, hope your pc did not explode due to a second thread..." LOL XD

Jef is doing well here, but the tone is already getting too warm in this thread. While HITMAN is nearly 50% complete, i would think that some of the posts are not going to happen, like night vision, given all maps are probably in the daytime or lit up without an option to turn off lights :(.

Sniper Briefcase with animations and a 'fix' for fibre-wire shouldn't be hard to implement, and i also agree with the OP as to NPC, Especially Bodyguard Behavior, so a second +1 to adjusting that behavior to reflect more realistic proportions ;).

JefTheReaper
26th May 2016, 16:23
LOL @ ""sorry" if i might have reported a bug that was already reported, hope your pc did not explode due to a second thread..." LOL XD

Jef is doing well here, but the tone is already getting too warm in this thread. While HITMAN is nearly 50% complete, i would think that some of the posts are not going to happen, like night vision, given all maps are probably in the daytime or lit up without an option to turn off lights :(.

Sniper Briefcase with animations and a 'fix' for fibre-wire shouldn't be hard to implement, and i also agree with the OP as to NPC, Especially Bodyguard Behavior, so a second +1 to adjusting that behavior to reflect more realistic proportions ;).

Darn, I knew I should have listed most of my suggestion's during the beta instead of keeping them until now :/
(while the development cycle is much further already)
Instead I decided to just keep it to listing bugs instead so the most important things would be noted first.

Still glad to see the game the way it is at any rate tough, its a huge leap forward compared to the backward drop Absolution made, graphically good as the game looked and how much effort everyone put in the project, at the end of the day it was just not a hitman game.

I'm glad this game is breathing new life once again in gaming history's best assassin.

kinda a shame as I still wanted to address a lot of other things tough (like how NPC's don't need to use there keycard or key's to open doors, what would be quite the tactical advantage for 47 during a chase as it would turn the door in a choke-hold point that slows down the pursuers) leave alone that NPC's should actually open a locked door, and close it again after passing it, as well as noticing if a door is unlocked and locking it again after passing it (so that no door remains permanently unlocked unless you break it with a crowbar)
that being said, raising a search party if they find a broken door.

Unfortunately I guess that will be something to keep in mind for the sequel.

Hitman_Limerick
26th May 2016, 21:08
"Hitman: Next" Improvements, by JefTheReaper ;).