PDA

View Full Version : suggestion: tools of the Hitman

JefTheReaper
25th May 2016, 09:02
a list of suggestions on how to improve the current system and number of tools available for 47.

-Bringing back the Binoculars.
when used, they should automatically use instinct (not slow down time, but should show enemy's from afar, with a increased range of course, allowing you to sit back from a distance and observe the patrol's of guards or the route your target takes)

-Bringing back night-vision goggles.
IF some parts of the current levels get realistic lighting and light-switches will be added back into the game, including the possibility of night-time levels in the future, then the night-vision goggles will make a very nice asset for 47,
you can see them, but they can't see you.

-Sniper case remade as weapon case.
A personalized weapon case for 47, used to store and hide ether multiple weapons, or even store larger weapons like a sniper rifle (included with dissemble and assemble animation please, as that was so amazing to see in Blood money)
carrying around the weapon case should allow you to carry weapons without anyone being suspicious,
the case should still be checked at frisk locations tough, so it won't be foolproof.
Important aspect should be that there is a animation for putting things in or taking things out of the case (past hitman games make the gameplay more intense by not being able to instantly take items in our out, giving people more time to notice you)

-one time use Anaesthetic (bottle with cloth) (faster way to knock out a target then the choke-hold, and silent compared to throwing heavy items at there heads)

-stun gun (Basically just as fast and loud as throwing a heavy object to there heads, but instead of throwing it, can only be used at a short range, and will be loud like throwing a weapon, but has a infinite use)

-flash-bang, temporarily blinding and deafening anyone within range of the blast, including 47 if he is to close or a enemy throws one at him.
can be used as a tactical getaway or taking down a target in the middle of a crowded street (as nobody can notice 47 killed the target if everyone around him is blinded)
(variations from flash-bang would be handy if they were: grenade, proximity and remote controlled)

-Smoke-bomb (smoke grenade), main use to blind NPC's or work as a "wall" that blocks the view of NPC's, and stuns them when they go inside the smoke (coughing due to lack of air)
secondary use to trick NPC's in thinking there is a fire, setting off the evacuation alarm.
(variations from smoke bombs would be handy if they were: grenade, proximity and remote controlled)

-Bullet proof vests, for both npc's and 47, allowing 47 to take more punishment from guns, and protecting specific NPC's against more shots (if fired at the chest of course)

-Brace knuckles, allowing 47 do deal more damage in hand to hand combat (eliminating the target sooner then regularly) and punching/stealth punch knockout targets.

-Weapon customization
all weapons in game should be un-customized at start (even the silverballers should not have a silencer on them.)
by playing escalation missions you should unlock upgrades for your weapons
and in the menu's you should be able to customize them.
I recommend making sure every upgrade from blood money makes a return, including upgrade's that let you shoot bullets true targets/doors/very thin walls/cloth

being able to customize your weapons by yourself will allow the players to increase the way of approach to a target even further, and make weapon models of course also seem better.
It will also give way for a unique experience, as player's will personalize there weapons to there own style of approach, leading to a lot more unique scenario's and outcomes.

upgrades should give some special effects (for example if you add a red laser dot to a sniper rifle, time will slow down while you are aiming to allow a more accurate shot combined with the bullet trajectory (on any type of gun) being more accurate as well, but npc's will slowly take note of the red dot, until after a few seconds they will start searching for whoever is aiming the red dot at there boss and trigger a evacuation)

being able to chose to use a silencer or not, using a silencer makes the gun you use silent, but removing the silencer should increase the lethal range of the gun.

mrdude42
25th May 2016, 20:52
Greta ideas! I mostly wish we could customize weapons and have the suitcase again. I forgot about the binoculars though that would great too.

Immadummee
26th May 2016, 00:01
I really like the binoculars idea. Kinda reminds me of mad max where you use your binoculars to assess the area before infiltrating and looking for side entrances or vulnerable enemies and their paths.

I like the idea of a flash-bang. I actually thought about that from the beta when I made this video. Here's the excerpt from it made into a gif. Although I'm using the trigger bomb, the effects of the smoke and chaos is what would be awesome to use in other situations.

http://5secondsapp.com/ul/304c6280ef73bfc8a5d5aedc54ee39a7.gif

JefTheReaper
26th May 2016, 06:51
I really like the binoculars idea. Kinda reminds me of mad max where you use your binoculars to assess the area before infiltrating and looking for side entrances or vulnerable enemies and their paths.

I like the idea of a flash-bang. I actually thought about that from the beta when I made this video. Here's the excerpt from it made into a gif. Although I'm using the trigger bomb, the effects of the smoke and chaos is what would be awesome to use in other situations.

http://5secondsapp.com/ul/304c6280ef73bfc8a5d5aedc54ee39a7.gif

Well basically I suggested the binoculars as they were a iconic item from the start of the Hitman series, they just vanished in blood money, what's kinda a shame.

BTW also, nice call, "smoke-bomb" adding that to the list :)
I think silent assassin 2 had a smoke bomb (but it was used to make people think there was a fire, not actually blinding npc's)
would help to make npc's trigger the fire alarm themselves tough.

jimbianco
30th May 2016, 06:15
IIRC, Hitman 2 had a smoke bomb , but only on "Basement Killing". Couldn't use it anywhere else. Binoculars have to come back for HITMAN, It's stupid to have to depend on the sniper rifle.... especially in Sapienza,

Nonoum
30th May 2016, 18:41
I enjoyed reading this topic and signing up here, but I'm afraid we won't see most of it.
Binoculars should be easy to add, so I expect to see them in some time.